Closed Trying to Save the City w/ bhdire8
They parted ways, and Nick headed off to the little motel he'd been staying in to pack his things and change into some normal civilian clothing that partially hid his bump.

Nick arrived at Brad's apartment, buzzing the intercom. "Hey, it's Nick," he called softly, assuming that anyone who could hear him knew who he was. He was nervous to live in a new place, but longed for the stability of a solid place to stay.
✨don't look at my sin✨
As always, Brad could not beat his reliable butler to the door - even with his superpowers, good old John just have his way of sneaking to the door in some amazing speed.

"Sir, please come in." the butler bowed curtly. He didn't show any outright emotions but Brad, knowing him, knew he was rather pleased with the visitor.

"Oh John, stop scaring him. Welcome, Nick." he came to join the pair and took over the bag before John could take it from him. "This is John... and then there's me. Let me show you your room!" Brad smiled, all too ecxited to show Nick around he was clutching his hand, pulling him forward.
Nick gave the butler a nervous smile, not used to such luxury. He'd come from a lower income family, and he'd been living where he could for the past couple of months.

Nick let Brad take his hand, looking around the apartment. It was lovely, decorated almost perfectly with beautiful furniture. He walked into the room where he would be staying, which was another pretty little room. "You're sure I won't be intruding or anything?"
✨don't look at my sin✨
"Absolutely not. My room's just next door, if you need anything, just let me know. There's your walk-in closet at the side, and then the bathroom. " Brad introduced Nick to his room, all too happily as if he was again that little boy eager to show his friend around on the place they'd have a sleepover.

The 4-poster in the middle of the room was large, iwth the highest quality of beddings fitted. "Sorry I didn't have much entertainment installed here, but if you want there's a jacuzzi tub in my bathroom, you're free to use it. I heard a hot water bath can alleviate a lot of sore?" he said eyeing his bump that was quite cleverly concealed under his baggy clothes.
"What do I need entertainment for with a bed like this?" Nick asked jokingly, flopping down on the soft bed. He sighed contently as the bed sank under him, closing his eyes. "I can just sleep all the time." In laying back on the bed, his clothes shifted to show his bump off a little more.

"It's supposed to, yeah. I haven't really tried it yet, though," Nick replied, not having much time for a hot shower, much less a bath. "When did you say that doctor was gonna show up? I'll probably take a bath after that."
✨don't look at my sin✨
"If you're ready for the doctor, then anytime now. I figured you might want to unpack for awhile... let me make the phone call. She should be in within 20 minutes." Brad smiled at Nick stretching out on the bed. The lithe man was looking rather at home. The dark bedsheets were also making him standout a lot with his fair skin and hair.

Brad was right and within 15 minutes the doctor showed up. the master of the house went to welcome the elder lady, who was looking kind and almost motherly to Brad: she'd been a young and aspiring researcher doctor back then when the serum was injected in Brad, and had been responsible for his health since then, so in a sense she was an important figure in Brad's life.

"Hey Dr Miller, I, er, hmm. my partner's inside." the young man said, slightly awkward in briefing the doctor on the identity of her new patient.
Nick got acclimated to the new space by putting his clothes away, not making much use of the closet except to hang up the Ice Crawler suit. He looked up when he heard the doctor buzz the apartment, shifting nervously where he stood. He wasn't sure if he was supposed to go greet her, or if she would come to him.

"In crime, or romantically?" Dr. Miller questioned, walking inside and looking around. "You should put the old curtains back up, they complimented the room better," she commented. "Anyway, where is this new patient of mine?"
✨don't look at my sin✨
"Hmm, errr... both? surely I hope that's going to be both." Brad answered, shifting uneasily on his feet. Dr. Miller was like the stern aunt who nobody dared objecting, bossy but loving in her own way. "He's here... Nick, meet Dr. Miller." he said leading the lady into the room, reaching out to hold Nick's hand, he pulled him closer to himself. "And Dr Miller... here's Nick. Well, as you can see...." he said going on to touch Nick's bump, pulling the loose fabric taut to show his curve. "He's pregnant with our child." His eyes were beaming with pride.

"And, hmm, Nick's still experiencing morning sickenss. I think he's 24 weeks...?" he turned to Nick for confirmation. "he hadn't visited a doctor properly yet... so... thanks Dr Miller." he said taking a step sideways so the doctor could take a better look at her new patient. 
Nick took Brad's hand, wanting to swat his hand away when he pulled his shirt to show off his belly. Nick nodded at the confirmation of 24 weeks, knowing he was somewhere around there.

Dr. Miller had Nick sit down, beginning with his heartbeat and listening to his lungs. She asked about his powers and felt at his belly, checking the size of the fetus. "Morning sickness is definitely uncommon so far along in your pregnancy, so I would like to start taking vitamins to see if that will help. If it doesn't, call me and let me know," she instructed, earning a nod from Nick.
✨don't look at my sin✨
Brad tried not to let his puppy eyes show in the presence of Dr Miller, essentially he treated as an aunt. He noticed how Nick rejected his touches, and tried not to feel bad about that - but indeed it was affecting him.

He recoiled and let Dr Miller do her job. Nodding solemnly, he took note of what the doctor prescribed. "do you recommend taking any supplementary nutritious drinks? proetin shakes etc if Nick wasn't able to keep food down?" he raised the question as she pulled out the doppler to check the baby's heartbeat.
Nick tried not to be too forward about avoiding Brad's touch, but his Spidey senses were extremely sensitive, causing him to not want to be touched, especially unexpectedly.

"It wouldn't be a bad idea, my only concern about that would be if he has trouble keeping other food down, he may not be able to keep a protein shake down, either," Dr. Miller answered, finding the baby's heartbeat and recording it. Nick couldn't help but crack a small smile at the sound of the baby's heartbeat, not having truly listened to it when he got his first ultrasound. He'd been so panicked about being pregnant he hadn't been paying much attention.
✨don't look at my sin✨
"Next up I'll give you a scan. Can you lift up your shirt? i'll putting some gel on your middle." Dr Miller said, smiling at the obvious thrill the new - "mother" was feeling. "This will be cold." she said squirting a generous amount onto Nick's belly, which was surprisingly obvious without his entire midsection exposed now, taking into consideration his morning sickness, that even Dr Miller raised a brow.

"The baby seemed having no trouble getting the nutrients he or she needs. Do you want to know the gender?" she asked casually pushing up her glasses, looking at the portable screen where their baby could be seen.... first it was just a head, then as she moved the wand to the proper position, the thudding heart and the other parts of the tiny body was shown.
Nick pulled his shirt up just enough to expose his belly, shifting at the contact of the cold gel on his skin. He watched as the baby came into view, tears welling in his eyes at the sight of his baby. "Uh, yeah, sure, that's fine. Do you want to?" Nick asked, looking over at Brad. To Nick, it really didn't matter what gender the baby was, he would love them all the same. "If you don't want to, I can wait," Nick shrugged.
✨don't look at my sin✨
"y-yeah? i-if you are fine with that?" Brad sttutered. He was overwhelmed with emotion seeing their baby for the first time. That tiny little life showing on the screen, the thudding of the heartbeat... that huge head and all. It was simply amazing.

The doctor nodded and looked. "See that between the legs...? that's a tiny little penis. congratulations you both, you're having a baby boy." she smiled gently as Brad made a squeal and clutched Nick's hand. "A baby boy!" he exclaimed. "I can't say I am not looking forward to a little girl... but i guess it ran in my family that mostly we have boys. Almost all my cousins are boy sas well..."
Nick grinned when the doctor told them they'd have a boy, squeezing Brad's hand with a small laugh. "I couldn't care if I tried, honestly. They're still our baby," Nick shrugged, wiping the remaining gel off of his belly when Dr. Miller was finished with the ultrasound. "It'll be easier to pick names, though. We won't have to worry about figuring anything out for a girl."

Dr. Miller prescribed a few vitamins to Nick and told him if the morning sickness were getting severe, to give her a call. She left the apartment, and Nick went on to take a bath like he'd said he would. The warm water did wonders on his body, helping him relieve any tension in his back and shoulders. He then headed to bed, turning on the TV in the room. He tried to go to sleep, but found no matter what he tried, he couldn't seem to do it. Around midnight, he headed to Brad's room, silently opening the door. He found the other man asleep, but the other side of the bed was untouched. Nick hesitated, but eventually went into the room and laid down next to Brad, not bothering to get under the sheets (he was more comfortable cold), easily falling asleep with his presence so close.
✨don't look at my sin✨
Brad gave Nick the freedom and space to do as he wish. he could do with sticking close to Nick at all times, but he would respect that Nick needed his time alone. He went on with the research - yes, they were getting a little boy... and they better start wiht all planinings since it would be just under 4 months that the baby would arrive. He wondered if Nick would be able to give birth naturally. Dr Miller had told him the womb was well-formed in Nick, incorporated very naturally within his body... so everything was possible.

He didn't stay up too late. HIs powers didn't grant him the privilege of not requiring any sleep, although he could function with little of it. It mainly just made him more sensitive to his surroundings, so the moment Nick opened th door, he was already coming up from his sleep, and when a foreign weight sank down on the usually empty side of his bed, he was almost wide awake.

Nick seemed oblivious to him awaring he was there, settling rather comfortably beside him curling up slightly. He smiled looking at the hair appearing almost like platinum under the moonlight, and settled himself. RIght, this was amazing. They were going to be parents and afterall... Nick did like getting close to him, no matter how distant he sometimes papeared to be.
Nick slept soundly for the remainder of the night, curled around his belly on the other side of the bed. When he woke the next morning, nausea immediately hit him, causing him to groan slightly and rush to the bathroom. Not much came up because it has been a few hours since Nick had last eaten, and he was soon reduced to dry heaving. He was alert when he heard the door open, sighing shakily.

"Hey, I'm sorry, I didn't mean to wake you," Nick spoke, flushing the toilet and easing himself into sitting up straight. He almost hoped that Brad would comfort him, hoping that he hadn't pushed the lieutenant away too much.
✨don't look at my sin✨
Brad had "lost" his tendency to slumber too deeply ever since he acquired his ability, the second the crawler dashed towards the toilet, he was wide awake. The lieutenant actually wasnt sure how to react to this.... but the dry heaving had him climb out and silently stood outside the bathroom, feeling quite bad for the smaller man.

He opened the door quietly, almost fidgeted at the entrance for fear of causing dismay in Nick. "Hey its alright... are you ok?" He looked so pale. Sitting there, he was appearing almost vulnerable. Taking a hesitant step forward, he knelt down and reached out tentatively to touch the back of his hand. "Anything I can do to make you feel better? Mouthwash? Crackers? Would frizzy drinks help?" He asked recalling what the books had said in dealing with morning sickness. He nudged closer to Nick, offering himself as support, his hand in midair, not sure if a rub on Nick's back.would be welcomed or not.
"Yeah, I'm good," Nick muttered, wanting to lean into Brad and curl up in his arms, but not wanting to appear that vulnerable. "Mouthwash would be nice, the aftertaste of vomit isn't pleasant," he spoke, standing with Brad's help and washing his mouth out.

After washing his mouth out, Nick glanced at Brad, finally caving and tucking himself against Brad's chest. He pressed his ear to Brad's chest, finding his steady heartbeat soothing. The past few months had been horribly lonely, and as much as Nick wanted to say that he was strong, that he was fine without so much interaction, he craved for someone to be there for him. Especially with a baby on the way.
✨don't look at my sin✨
Brad carefully helped Nick with the wash. This was new to him and it pained the kind-hearted young man to know Nick had endured this many times, all by himself. He wasn't there before... and no matter how tough Nick appeared, or wanted to appear to be, he was in a vulnerable moment in life and some need would work a long way.

He patiently waited, offering himself as an option but not wanting to press Nick on this... and that patience paid off. To some degree of surprise, Nick had come close and leaned on him without even a prompt.... the smaller man, lean and strong, was there on his chest snuggling close. It warmed the lieutenant's heart and he circled his arm around Nick. "You're doing well.... I'm so proud of you. You're such a tough man...." he muttered, stroking his back soothingly.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  True love. (Closed with bhdire8.) SilentFeather 786 89,922 09-09-2019, 05:29 PM
Last Post: SilentFeather
  Set to Sea (closed RP with @bhdire8) sipscan330 110 19,174 08-12-2019, 11:26 AM
Last Post: bhdire8
  C The Priest & The Shepherd (w/Bhdire8) Lovebite 247 27,228 04-06-2019, 07:33 PM
  The Soldier and The Governor ((With bhdire8 and Lovebite)) Lovebite 551 83,941 04-01-2019, 09:48 AM
  C In The Old Farmhouse w/ bhdire8 lxcttrll 110 13,398 03-06-2019, 01:10 PM
Last Post: lxcttrll
  C Solaris City [Closed with Lovebite] Sam260 81 10,167 12-09-2018, 07:23 AM
Last Post: Lovebite
Shocked Sailor and a Selkie ((w/ bhdire8 and Lovebite)) Lovebite 394 65,270 11-27-2018, 07:23 PM
Last Post: Lovebite
  Apron hate. (w/Bhdire8) Lovebite 359 70,315 09-28-2018, 04:37 AM
  C A Common Arrangement [Closed with bhdire8] Sam260 131 10,869 09-17-2018, 05:42 AM
  'business' partners (Closed with bhdire8) secretsparrow 100 10,291 08-27-2018, 02:39 PM