An Elven-Human Marriage (Closed with DragonKnight)

"Don't worry the palace doctors will be here shortly." He said as he knelt down on a knee to look at his son.

"Yes, Shiina is cute, he might make for a fine warrior someday." Jerned said thoughtfully.

"No! I won't let him fight. He's my precious baby and he'll never have to learn to fight." Ryne said with a pout as he held Shiina closer. His maternal instincts were kicking in hard.

"That's when he is a young man. He must learn to protect our people like how I did." Jerned explained patiently.

"He'll stay my little boy forever." Ryne said stubbornly as Shiina reached up and tried to grab Jerned, having no care in the world.

Jerned sighed, "We shall just discuss it when he is eighteen." He said with a smile, "That fair?"

"Fine. But you sleep on the couch tonight." Ryne stated as he immediately started to cheerfully play with Shiina, tickling him and cooing him.

Jerned pouted at being told to sleep in the couch, "Well that's not fair." He said in a bit of a joking manner.

"It's for saying my baby should become a warrior." Ryne said as Shiina rested his head against Ryne's chest.

"What? It's tradition in the Royal elfen family." Jerned said with his hands upin mock surrender.

"So? My family's tradition is to become diplomats to prevent conflicts from happening." Ryne said as Madison woke up and smiled as she tried to get up.

"Well my dear, I've to tell you that we need at least one male child to be leading my troops should war happen, preparation my dear is good." He said with a bit of amusement at their small argument.

"Then you can carry a child and then you can decide to send it to war." Ryne said as he put Shiina into his crib to get Madison.

"It's not easy for me to decide but I must follow the tradition started by my ancestors." Jerned was now frowning, "And you're also forgetting that I am a warrior, signed up in a younger age than I wanted by my own father. For the gods' sakes Ryne, I was only fifteen when I led an army to war." He continued, "And I plan on entering Shiina at his twenty first birthday, he will be trained at eighteen but entered at his twenty first." He finally explained as he looked away, "Do you really think it is easy to give up a son to war? For my.parents it was but for me, I am only following orders." He finally said before getting up and going to the door, "I will see if breakfast is ready."

Ryne quickly grabbed Jerned's hand. "Fine. But only on his 21st and you still sleep on the couch, for a whole week." He stated.

"No point in convincing you in letting me sleep in the spare rooms?" He asked with a slight smirk.

"No. I'm not letting you off. I can't stand the thought of my baby going to war." Ryne explain as he had tears in his eyes.

"It's still in twenty one years." Jerned soothed Ryne, wiping away the tears with his thumb. "So we still have time to think of something." He added softly.

Ryne nuzzled with Jerned as he held Madison. Madison looked between her mother and father, curious on the situation.

Jerned looked at Madison and smiled,bebending down to kiss his youngest daughter's forehead before pullijg Ryne to a tight embrace.

Ryne nuzzled with Jerned as Madison raised her hand and reached up to Jerned.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by DragonKnight
11-15-2019, 01:27 AM