C A Star is Born (closed with SazzyP260)

Zach came into the trailer, trying to be as quiet as possible since it was naptime. He felt like shit himself, exhausted and shaky. He'd thrown up a few times on set but waved it off. Noah had been sick recently so he blamed it on that. He couldn't shake it though and while he was still nailing his scenes, he wasn't able to shoot as long without a break as he usually was. He needed a nap in the middle of the day too.

He gave Caleb a weak smile before stripping out of his costume and laying it on the table. He climbed into the bed that was in his trailer and was almost instantly asleep, snoring softly which was unusual for him.

Caleb frowned and slowly stood up with Noah in his arms - the almost-toddler was close to falling asleep and Caleb knew he would sleep better if he was with his papa close by. Caleb laid Noah down close to Zach, putting a pillow between their bodies so Zach wouldn't accidentally roll over and squash their child, and then he went outside.

Caleb sat in one of the chairs that was outside of Zach's trailer and watched as Staff and Actors alike milled about doing their own things - it was so different now, from the first time Caleb had come on set with Zach; no longer did he fan-girl over every Actor he recognized, but merely greeted them with respect, he had grown accustom to this world of fame and it eased everyone's mind that he wasn't hanging on every person's arms to get an autograph or picture.

Caleb saw Jen coming toward him and frowned "He's asleep with Noah, please do not disturb him... He's been having a rough time, as has Noah..." he said just a little quieter than normal. He too was exhausted, chasing Noah around even while the tot was sick, but someone had to stay awake and apparently that fell on Caleb's shoulder this afternoon.

[Image: 8Ww3nNU.png]
You can lead a horse to water, but cannot force a horse to drink.

Jen smiled tightly and sat down next to Caleb. She slid her phone in her pocket and turned to face him. "It's okay. I knew he was here since there was a break in filming. I was actually looking for you."

Jen reached for his hand, tangling their fingers together. Unlike Cindy before her, she and Caleb were actually friends. "We need to have two conversations. You can pick which one we have first. We need to have a fun conversation about the wedding and a not so fun conversation about Zach. Which one do you want to have first?"

Caleb sighed and looked at Jen warily "The conversation about Zach - surprisingly, he's less complicated than the wedding." Caleb said as he pulled his legs up into the chair, curling them underneath his bottom and adjusting himself so he was more comfortable.

He loved Jen, she had become like a sister to him since being hired - almost inseparable when they were in a different part of the US or another country; unless of course she was working "What's going on with him? I've never seen him so exhausted before..."

"I was going to ask you that. He's been absolutely fine when the camera is on him, still as good as ever, but as soon as the camera is off... he's a different Zach. Tired, moody. He's usually really personable and easy-going on set, friendly with everyone. He's disappearing immediately and going to sleep. And he's been sick," Jen looked at him seriously. "He's been throwing up on set. Twice it's happened during a scene. He claims it's because Noah is sick, but I thought Noah had an ear infection."

"Noah did have an ear infection. He only threw up once and that was because of the high fever he had - he hasn't gotten sick like that since." Caleb frowned and untangled his hand from Jen's hand, running both of his hands through his long hair - it had grown out since temporarily moving to Spain, almost to the middle of his neck now.

He sighed quietly "I've noticed the exhaustion, but not the moodiness..." Caleb looked around the filming location and frowned deeper "Maybe there is something in the water, or the environment... Perhaps the food? We've never been to Spain before, so maybe he's not used to something here? I don't know, and I'm afraid to ask him, because... well, if he's getting moody, I don't need him biting my head off for it."

"Zach Martin in a mood is just..." Caleb shuddered and shook his head "I've seen him have one major-diva-meltdown before and it was *not* a pretty sight... This was before you were hired though, so you wouldn't know about it.... Unless it's still on YouTube."

"Does he eat when he's with you?" asked Jen. "Because he mostly just drinks tea and picks at toast on set. And they've had to let his costume out twice. Caleb ... " She sighed. "We're friends and I know about your sex life and this is weird because Zach is my client at the same time but is there any chance he could be pregnant?"

Jen didn't want it to be that. She actually hoped it was something in the water and not liking Spain.

Caleb looked at Jen with widened eyes - he hadn't actually thought about the possibility of Zach being pregnant, or even being able to *get* pregnant "I... I don't know? I mean, we've been... doing different things in the bedroom lately... and... I don't even know if he *can* get pregnant, Jen..." he said quietly.

Biting on his lip, Caleb thought over the past two months from the moment he started noticing Zach's change in behavior "He doesn't eat nearly as much as he used too, and he's sort of started getting picky about what he eats..." his eyes widened again and he frowned "Oh god... My fiancée is pregnant! and... Ugh, that means I'm going to be a daddy." it was ironic, to say that, since he was already a father to Noah, but being the spouse/partner to a pregnant person was definitely different then being the pregnant one... "What do I do?"

"Shhh," Jen said immediately, covering Caleb's mouth with her hand. "We don't want this getting out. He can finish this film and then we can disappear for awhile to have the baby. But for now, we don't talk about this. His career has survived being gay just fine. I don't want to test it any further."

She squeezed Caleb's knee gently. "Okay?"

Caleb sighed and nodded his head "Whoever you have to tell, needs to sign a non-disclosure contract... because if this leaks out - you're right... His career could go down in major flames, and I do not want that for him; he loves acting." Caleb said quietly - He knew things would get tough from here on out, but they would have to hold themselves together, at least until filming ended "but we should still talk to him, get him to see a doctor so we know for sure, and make sure everything is okay..."

Caleb bit his lip and wrapped his arms around his knees when he pulled them up against his chest "So, what about the wedding? Have you found the ocean and mountain views I was looking for yet?"

"I have," Jen said, pulling out her phone and showing him the location she had found. She scrolled through the pictures. "I think this is a great spot. Secluded enough that no one is going to bother us, but easy enough to get to. I think we can get it all set up in the time frame we need it done in as well. Which, I'd like to remind you, is rapidly approaching so you need to make a decision. Especially now in light of our previous conversation."

Caleb nodded and smiled as he flicked through the pictures a few times "I know, I know..." Caleb sighed and licked his lips slowly "I love this location, Jen. It's exactly what I imagined for me and Zach - and I know we've already rented the after-party venue, we have a baby sitter lined up for Noah, food and all that has been taken care of..." Caleb handed Jen her phone back and looked at her curiously "What else is there?"

"I've got everything else lined up, food, flowers, photographer. I was just waiting for you to decide where," said Jen. "I'll get family flown over in time. You know what you're wearing and you have rings. I think that's everything. I guess make sure Zach's fits."

Caleb huffed and frowned, but nodded his head "Make sure you get non-disclosure contracts written up... Doctor, A tailor, the staff here, directors... they all need to sign them." Caleb and Jen both stood up, sharing a hug and a smile "I'll have to talk to Zach about what we think is going on with him... I'll text you when we have any news."

Caleb was on the fence of hope about Zach possibly being pregnant - on the one hand, he was excited that they could possibly be bringing another child into the world, he would be content with just one more baby and hoped that Zach wouldn't freak out. On the other hand, Caleb was worried that this pregnancy would be too much for Zach, that he would want to terminate or something... The implications of him being pregnant were one thing, but people knowing about it - that would be too much on Zach and his fragile "I don't want people knowing I have sex" mantra.

Caleb entered the trailer with a heavy heart and mind, Zach and Noah were still passed out on the bed, but he needed to wake Zach up and talk about this - now. Caleb sat on the edge of the bed and stroked his fingers down Zach's back slowly - from here, he could see the slight puffiness around Zach's hips, and even his butt was filling out a little more; if there were doubts before, there were none now "Zach, baby... Wake up, we need to talk." Caleb said quietly but loudly enough so only Zach would hear - he didn't need Noah waking up from his nap, not yet anyway.

"Let me sleep a little longer," Zach moaned, turning his face away from Caleb. "Please. I'm so tired." He tried to roll over and hit the pillow, looking confused. He lifted his head, turned green and then white. He managed to get himself up and out of the bed and into the bathroom before throwing up, but just barely.

He'd been so careful to keep this from Caleb, but his luck had obviously run out. He was going to have to admit he was sick and Caleb was going to try and get them to shut down filming for a few days so he could recover.

Caleb sighed and followed Zach to the very small trailer bathroom - even he was able to block the doorway and he was still as skinny and small as a pole "We need to talk about this..." Caleb said, wagging a hand in the general direction of Zach's hunched over form.

"How long has this been going on, Zach? And don't you dare lie to me, because Jen and I have already had a very lengthy discussion about some of your... other issues."

Caleb put his hands on his hips, cocking one to the side and looked at Zach with a raised eyebrow - it was not only his 'serious' stance, but it was also a stance that made him look more than enough gay for the both of them.

Zach spit into the toilet and let out a low groan. He pressed his head against the seat before turning to look at Caleb, scowling at him. "Maybe a week? Less probably. It's just a stomach bug. I probably picked it up from Noah."

He pushed himself to his feet and flushed the toilet. He looked in the mirror at his pale skin and red rimmed eyes. Makeup was going to have to fix that before they started shooting again. He grabbed the toothbrush and began to brush to get the taste out of his mouth.

"What did Jen say?" he asked around the toothbrush.

"That you've been moody - point taken, I've now gotten that 'moody attitude' she's been talking about. That you're only eating toast and drinking tea - and sparingly at that." Caleb started ticking these things off on his fingers "That you've thrown up, a few times, during filming. And that you've been more exhausted than usual." He held up the four fingers and shook his head.

"Noah didn't have a stomach bug, Zach. He had an ear infection, and he threw up *once* through the whole thing and that was nearly two weeks ago. So you cannot blame what is going on with you on Noah, he did not do this."

Caleb pushed Zach a little further into the bathroom and then crouched down in front of the small under sink cabinet, he dug around inside of it until he found the box he was looking for - despite no longer being able to get pregnant himself, Caleb always kept pregnancy tests handy, just in case someone other than himself needed one; I guess you could say it was the nurse in him.

Caleb straightened back up and pressed the box against Zach's chest "Take one of those, or the whole box for all I care... If it comes back negative, you're seeing a doctor for certain, today. If it comes back positive, well... You still have to see a doctor, but we can wait until the weekend." and with that, Caleb walked out of the bathroom and pulled the sliding door shut behind him.

Zach stared at the pregnancy test in his hand for a moment. Well. That actually made a lot of sense. He did the math in his head and it had been about two and a half months since the first time he'd talked Caleb into topping. And they had done it a few more times since then. So he definitely could be.

Zach read the directions and peed on the stick, setting it on the counter to wait. If he was pregnant, that wasn't a bad thing. He and Caleb wanted more kids. He would have to drop out of the film he was supposed to do this summer but having another baby was much more important to him than the film.

The plus sign showed up way before the time was up and Zach opened the bathroom door. "Hey. So if the plus sign shows up before the time is up, should I take another one?"

Caleb laughed an shook his head "Nah." he paused and looked at Zach with wide eyes "Wait... it was positive?" Caleb pushed into the bathroom with Zach and lifted the clean side of the stick up, staring down at the pregnancy test like it held all the answers to the world "It's positive... holy shit."

Caleb felt tears immediately well up in his eyes and he sniffled loudly "Your hormone levels must be a little higher than normal, that's probably why you're so exhausted and irritable... And why the test came back positive so quickly..." Caleb set the test down and turned to Zach, wrapping his fiancée up in his arms and nuzzling under his chin "You'll have to go see a doctor, there is no doubt about that... but it can wait until this weekend."

Caleb sniffled again and tilted his head back, he grasped the back of Zach's head and pulled him down so their lips could meet in soft and loving kisses "I am so happy!" he said tearfully and kissed Zach again lovingly "But you have to tell Jen. She already suspects that you're pregnant, but she needs confirmation so she can get non-disclosure agreements drafted with the lawyer so that everyone here won't spill the beans or ruin your career."

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by DragonKnight
11-15-2019, 01:27 AM