C A Star is Born (closed with SazzyP260)

Zach leaned into him, relaxing with Caleb in his arms. They hadn't been completely alone since the weekend at the spa before Savannah was born. Jim might be driving them, but he certainly wasn't involved in their lives so they were pretty alone. He'd missed being alone with Caleb.

"I hope you like the restaurant. It's not our usual place but I know you love trying new food."

Caleb nodded and smiled as he tilted his head back and kissed Zach's jaw lightly "I'm sure I will love it. You may not know how to dress properly, but you do know your food very well." Caleb teased and reached over, lightly poking Zach in the stomach - Caleb was extremely jealous that Zach was able too get back down to his pre-baby weight and had no lingering puffiness around the middle after Savannah was born "Although, it hardly looks like you ever eat... Why do you *not* gain weight, Zach?"

[Image: 8Ww3nNU.png]
You can lead a horse to water, but cannot force a horse to drink.

Zach shrugged and looked down at himself. "Chasing after Noah and nursing Savannah has done a lot of it. And you can't forget that I do work out a lot when he's at day care and she's napping. I do want to work again eventually." He grimaced. "If someone will hire me again that is."

Caleb squeezed Zach's knee lightly and turned his head once again to kiss his husband, this time a more involved kiss, with light nips from teeth and a little tongue slipping in here and there - it would be the first time, except for bed time, that they were able to share a more heated kiss "Someone will hire you again, Zach... You just have to keep trying, keep talking to people... What about those producers that Steven mentioned?"

"I gave Jen their information. She's contacted them and they're talking. So far they don't have anything for me but they do want to work with me." Zach sighed and rubbed his forehead. "I miss acting. I feel like part of me is missing. I love the kids and I love being with them but I can't do this for the rest of my life."

Caleb chuckled and turned in the seat so he and Zach were facing each other completely "You don't think you can be a stay-at-home-dad for the rest of your life?" Caleb questioned teasingly, running his fingers up the buttons of Zach's shirt "It was you who said he wanted to be a stay-at-home daddy in the first place, if I remember correctly... And besides, it wouldn't be your whole life... just eighteen years." Caleb said as he leaned in again and started kissing Zach's jaw, lips, and cheek lightly "Aside from all that, I think you're even more hot as a stay at home dad... You hardly wear clothes when you're home now, shorts at the most... You have to be fully clothed - most of the time - when you're acting."

"We definitely don't have time for that," Zach laughed, rubbing Caleb's side. "And you know that I'm half naked because I'm nursing Savannah. You were the same with Noah." He kissed him lightly. "You know I'm going to consider the family before I take any parts, if I get any. You guys come first."

Caleb nodded and laid his head against Zach's shoulder again, lightly rubbing his cheek against the smooth material of his husband's jacket "Yeah, I know... and I appreciate that, but you really should take anything you get at this point. Start rebuilding your name once again... Even if you're just doing commercials or Indie films -- Your indie films weren't the best when you started out, but you've learned how to act now, so they should be better." Caleb said quietly and smiled up at Zach.

Jim opened the dividing glass window when the car came to a stop "Mr. Martin's, we have arrived at our destination." Jim said politely.

Caleb looked out, practically flinging himself across Zach's lap to see where they were "Mastro's Penthouse?! Zach! It's practically *impossible* to get in here without being on a three-year waiting list." he pulled back and looked at his husband, eyes narrowed and voice lowered "Who did you have to screw in order to get reservations here?"

"I don't ask Jen how she makes things happen," Zach said as he got out, reaching a hand out to Caleb. "We thought you would like this place and she made it happen. I'm not sure if my name was used or not but I do know they're under my name."

Zach led him inside, a little surprised that people were looking at him. He had gotten pretty used to being out of the limelight and people not looking at him, especially since he wasn't pregnant any longer. Jen and his parents were waiting for them inside.

"Hi sweetie," Gina said, giving him a hug before going to give Caleb a hug. "Happy birthday, honey."

Caleb hugged Gina back awkwardly, he still wasn't very used to motherly affection - or any affection at all unless it was coming from Zach. "Heh... I ah... Thanks, Mrs. Martin." Caleb said after he cleared his throat "I'm glad you all could make it."

Caleb quickly shimmied up next to Zach and they were led over to their table which was tastefully decorated in the restaurants 'Happy Birthday' décor - which basically just meant colored plates, and a small faux balloon bouquet as a center piece to their table. Caleb blushed and sat down at the table that had a purple bow behind it - indicating that it was his seat. "Wow... It's uh... very unique - I don't think I've ever seen a restaurant go all-out for a no-name person like me..." Caleb said quietly, his eyes widened slightly as he tried taking in everything at once.

"It's your birthday," Jen said with a grin. "If you think I was getting them to go all out, you're crazy. Wait until you see the appetizers I have ordered for the table. I hope everyone is hungry."

Zach chuckled and pulled out Caleb and Jen's chairs for them while his dad got his mom's. "Jen is excited to spend money on you. She didn't order wine ahead of time only because i wasn't sure if you'd want wine or a cocktail."

Caleb furrowed his brows lightly and scooted himself in close to the table, rubbing his stomach lightly "Wine sounds good, and maybe some sparkling water..." Caleb said quietly, once again going slightly pale in the face "Or maybe if they have any, Ginger ale..." Caleb looked around the table and hoped nobody could tell that he was feeling not so hot at the moment, if anyone noticed it would be Zach, but he hoped Zach kept quiet.

"And why would Jen be excited to spend money on me? She spends money on me all the time..." Caleb asked in confusion, looking over at Jen who was sitting on Zach's other side.

Jen shrugged carelessly "Doesn't matter that I spend money on you all the time - this is your birthday... besides, I'm not the only one footing the bill. Zach is too... I just started us off with the first course."

The appetizers came out, trays of shrimp and oysters as well as a seafood tower for the table. The waiter took drink orders and Zach cuddled close to Caleb, happily chatting with everyone as they all ate. It was a relaxing atmosphere for all of them and Zach was really happy he could do this for Caleb.

Zach slipped his wine, listening to his dad tell a story about work that had Jen laughing and his Mom shaking her head in bemusement. Caleb was drinking his ginger ale and mostly sticking to bread even though he normally loved seafood.

"Do you want something different?" Zach murmured in his ear.

Caleb shook his head, which had been resting on Zach's shoulder for most of the time that they had been here as he lazily ate the bread. He had already had three glasses of ginger ale and had it been anything with alcohol, since he was about ready for his forth, he would have been drinking the rest of his birthday attenders under the table.

"I'm fine with the bread... I don't want to risk upsetting my stomach with the seafood." Caleb murmured back, closing his eyes as he sucked on yet another piece of the fluffy handmade bread that the restaurant provided; he was even eating it without butter which was highly unusual for Caleb - normally he would cover every inch of bread with butter.

No one else even seemed to notice how quiet and closed up Caleb was; which, shouldn't be surprising really, he wasn't confident around larger groups, and he was awkward and nervous whenever he was in the precsence of Zach's parents, always shy and quiet. Their waiter came back to the table, setting Caleb's forth glass of Ginger Ale down and then pulling his order pad out of his pocket "So, are we ready to order for the main course yet?"

Everyone ordered their meals and Zach got a second glass of wine. Conversation continued as the appetizers were cleared away. Jen talked business a little, complaining about a producer who was giving her a problem. It was for a different client and Zach felt bad for her, he really did. But he wanted her to be finding work for him even if she wasn't here tonight in that capacity but as Caleb's friend.

The steak was delicious and Zach had to hold back a moan. "This is so good."

Caleb sniffled and nodded slowly, he also opted to get a steak - one of the most expensive Filet Mignon steaks on the menu; as much as he wanted the Salmon filet, he knew his stomach just couldn't handle any types of seafood. Honestly just the strong scent of fish was making his stomach turn. Here he sat now, with a steak growing cold, poking at it and cutting it into tiny bite size pieces rather than eating it.

Mike finally noticed Caleb's inactivity and cleared his throat lightly "Caleb, son, are you feeling alright? You've barely touched your food and you have been rather reserved tonight." His voice was filled with concern for his son-in-law as he asked the question.

Caleb nodded again, a little too forcefully this time, and it sent his stomach and head spinning "I'm fine." he mumbled "Excuse me!" he quickly got up, mistake number two, and searched for the bathroom signs. Thankfully they were relatively close to the hallway and he took off as fast as he could - mistake number three - he barely made it into the bathroom, and he definitely didn't make it into a stall fast enough. He was lucky to have made it to the sink before his turning stomach erupted on him, getting rid of every ounce of food that had been weighing on his stomach.

Zach excused himself from the table and hurried after Caleb, catching up in time to find him throwing up in the sink. He held his hair back and got the water running immediately, rubbing his back. He wished Caleb had told him how bad he was feeling before they had left. This was not the way he had wanted the night to go.

When Caleb was finished, Zach cleaned out the sink and got a wet paper towel to clean Caleb up. "Baby, I wish you had told me you felt this sick. We could have stayed home."

Caleb shook his head and pulled himself up onto the empty space between the two sinks "That's... that's not it, Zach..." Caleb said quietly and pulled his legs up tight to his chest "I don't feel sick... It just... I don't know what that was... It just happened." Caleb said quietly.

Tears quickly sprang to Caleb's eyes and started tracking down the sides of his face "I want to stay out, be an adult for once..." Caleb whispered into his arm, blinking back the tears that only fell quicker with each blink "I'm not sick, Zach... I promise I'm not."

Zach pulled him into his arms, rubbing Caleb's back and holding him close. "Honey, what's going on? I don't like seeing you so upset "

He would do anything for Caleb, especially if he was crying and upset like this. He really wanted to take him home and lock themselves in their bedroom and let his parents take care of the kids so he could just care for Caleb, but he would do what Caleb wanted.

Caleb wrapped his arms and legs around Zach's torso and shook his head "Maybe it was just something I ate... I feel fine now..." Caleb said and sniffled into Zach's neck, he pulled back slightly and wiped the tears from his eyes and cheeks "You know, sometimes seafood just doesn't agree with me..." Which was true, only... It was his main agitation when he was pregnant with Noah. The stomach upset disappeared after Noah had been born.

"I'm fine now." Caleb said as he gently extracted himself from Zach's hold and dropped down to his feet "Let's go back out there, make the most of my night."

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by DragonKnight
11-15-2019, 01:27 AM