C A Star is Born (closed with SazzyP260)

"We can think about it when we're back in LA," Zach said as he pulled out his phone. "We're still here for the rest of the school year. Now, let's take a picture and send it to the family. Let everyone know that Milo has made his way into the world."

Zach smoothed Caleb's hair for him and helped him turn Milo so they were both facing the camera. He took a few shots so he could let Caleb pick the one he wanted sent out. "Can I do Instagram as well?"

Caleb sighed tiredly and nodded his head, laying his forehead against Zach's shoulder once all of the pictures were taken "Only if you put a filter on it that doesn't make me look so... Walking Dead." Caleb said quietly, eyes slowly drooping closed "I look like I went ten rounds with Mike Tyson and then Rocky Balboa after that."

[Image: 8Ww3nNU.png]
You can lead a horse to water, but cannot force a horse to drink.

"You look gorgeous," Zach promised, kissing him lightly. Still he filtered the photo to Caleb's liking and posted it with the caption 'Milo Ethan Martin made a quick entrance this morning. Daddy and baby are doing fine!' He sat next to Caleb, stroking his side as both Caleb and Milo dozed as they waited for a room.

-----

Savannah tiptoed out of the hotel room and into the hallway towards the room where she knew all the snacks were being kept. Aunt Jen had showed her yesterday. Noah was keeping watch for their parents but they were busy trying to get Milo dressed in his suit so this was a perfect time to sneak some extra cookies for her and Noah.

She made it to the room and inside without anyone noticing. There were people around but Savannah was below their line of sight and without shoes on, she could move quietly. The cookies were on a tray next to some napkins and she piled a few in a napkin, clumsily bundling them up.

"That won't work," a voice said above her and Savannah jumped, dropping the cookies. She looked up and a man she didn't know was looking down at her. "How many did you want?"

Savannah looked around and didn't see anyone who would tell on her. "Six."

The man nodded and put six cookies in a cup, covering them with a napkin. He handed them to her, winking. "Well go on. I'm not going to tell Jen or Holly. Sneaking cookies is an important part of being a kid."

Savannah smiled at him brightly. "Thank you!" She turned and hurried out of the room, wanting to get back to Noah. As soon as she stepped out, she saw Milo streak past completely naked and she pressed against the wall as both her parents went running after him.

Caleb huffed, skidding to a stop and nearly toppling over as a maid came around the corner "Jesus," he leaned against the maids cart with his hands and shook his head "Kids these days - the door was wide open!" He exclaimed, pretty much talking to himself even though the hotel maid was right there as he watched his husband continue to chase down their naked one-and-a-half year old.

The maid looked at Caleb quizzically and laughed softly "He cannot get out from this floor unless the elevator doors are open... Just cut him of down that hall - he cannot get far." she said, pointing straight ahead of her - the hotel rooms were divided up into four squares, each side of the square hosting one suite.

Caleb nodded and smiled at the maid "Thanks!" He shouted before taking off straight, hoping he would catch their mischievous little naked boy. Caleb heard the squealing laughter of Milo and Zach's bare feet padding on the carpet as he got closer to the corner, he peeked around and smiled - perfect, Milo was running closer to the wall.

As soon as the one-and-a-half year old rounded the corner, Caleb swooped down and wrapped an arm around Milo's stomach and lifted him up "Got'cha! You little bugger!" Caleb squeaked triumphantly as he held a squirmy little boy in his arms.

Zach bent over, his hands on his knees as he panted. "How is he so fast? The other two were never that fast when they were his age."

He straightened up and ruffled Milo's hair. "I guess I forgot to shut the door. My fault. Let's go back and try to get this one dressed. At least the other two are all dressed and ready to go. You guys have to go for pictures soon."

Caleb tucked Milo against his hip and sighed as he and Zach started walking back to the hotel room "You have to remember that one of his daddy's did used to be an all-star athlete on the track field, Zach..." Caleb said with a smile, lifting Milo's legs and bouncing his feet lightly on his palm "He's got a runner's build already... He may not walk very good, but when he's running... Well, he's actually *running.*"

Caleb shook his head and walked into the hotel room; Noah and Savannah were sitting on the couch, the cup between them and two cookies a piece in their laps "Oh..." he harrumphed and shook his head "I don't think it was *you* who left the door wide open. Looks like someone else decided that it was snack time." Caleb passed Milo off to Zach and walked over to where their oldest two were seated.

"Who, exactly, thought it was a good idea to go on a cookie run?" Caleb asked, fists on his hips and an eyebrow raised- it was his most serious 'you are in trouble' look.

Noah and Savannah pointed at each other at the same time, and then started bickering with 'nuh uh it was your idea', back and forth and only growing louder by the second, making Milo fussy and squirmy in Zach's arms. Caleb whistled loudly and brought it all to a halt "We have less than twenty minutes to get downstairs to take pictures... I want you both cleaned up, the cookies gone, and waiting right back here in this spot by the time Papa and I return from getting Milo dressed. Understand?"

"Sorry, Daddy," Savannah said as she slid off the couch and hurried into the bathroom to wash up, Noah right behind her.

Zach looked at him, licking his lips. "I probably shouldn't find take charge Caleb so hot in this situation, right? That's a little weird. But yeah. Take charge Caleb is really doing it for me."

Milo tried to squirm out of Zach's arms again but he had a pretty good grip on him. "Oh no. You've got to put a diaper on and clothes. Aunt Jen will kill me if you are naked during the ceremony. At the reception - eh, we'll see."

Caleb shook his head and sighed "The older that you get, I swear the hornier you are... Aren't you supposed to be like... losing libido or something?" Caleb asked as he started towards one of the two rooms in their suite - it was his and Zach's room, while the three kids were sharing the other.

Milo slapped at Zach's arms "Papapapapa" he pointed down at the ground, head tilted back against Zach's chest, bottom lip pouted out and tears coming to his eyes.

"At the reception he can take the vest, pants and shoes off... but he has to keep his shirt, diaper, and socks on... I don't know what is crawling on those floors and I'm not about to risk our son getting an infection..." Caleb called over his shoulder, picking up the few articles of clothing that had fallen to the ground in the process of trying to get Milo dressed the first time.

"Not when you're around," Zach said as he managed to get a diaper on Milo by holding him down with one arm. "You always do it for me. Okay, Milo. I promise you can have a cookie if you let us get you dressed. We'll go to the snack room while Daddy, Noah, and Savannah are taking pictures and you can pick out something all for you. Just let us put clothes on you. Please?"

Milo kicked his legs up and spread them wide so Caleb couldn't pull his pants up. "Nononono."

Zach pulled him up to a standing position and held his legs together. "Pull them up now. Hurry!"

Caleb quickly pulled the pants up around Milo's waist and snapped them into place. He sighed and collapsed onto the bed, rubbing his temples lightly "Terrible twos are going to be the absolute worse with him." Caleb muttered as he grabbed the short-sleeve button-up and vest off the bed and held it out so they could fight Milo into it "He's going to be a naked child... He doesn't even like diapers."

Milo squirmed and squealed the entire time that Zach and Caleb fought him into the shirt, Zach buttoning it up while Caleb held the boy around the waist and forehead to keep him as still as possible "Dowdowdowdow!" Milo screeched, kicking his legs out once Caleb released him to a more humane hold.

"Don't think so, bugger. You need to stay with papa." Caleb said as he stood up and plopped Milo in Zach's arms again "Do you want to wear the carrier? Think maybe that would keep him a little more occupied? He loves being in that thing." Caleb asked, lifting the blue and back front carrier off of the floor.

Zach nodded and switched with Caleb, handing him Milo so he could get the carrier on. Milo loved being in it most of the time, liking being able to see everything. Hopefully this would be one of those times. He took Milo back and got him settled in, Milo's weight settled across his hips and shoulders.

"Are you all ready?" Zach asked Caleb since he wasn't entirely sure how dressed up Caleb was supposed to be. He was wearing a tuxedo and he looked amazing in it, but it was pretty plain for Caleb. "I can go make sure the other two are ready if you need to finish up."

Caleb shook his head and looked down at the tuxedo he was wearing - he was playing the role of best man for Jen; who was taking the official role of 'groom' in the wedding; he was wearing a traditional black tuxedo with white shirt "Nope, I'm ready." Caleb said with a smile as he hooked his arm through Zach's "If it were my wedding, I would have worn something a lot more flashy than this... but Holly is very reserved, and Jen practically bends over backwards to accommodate Holly's requests..." Caleb snorted out a laugh "Kind of reminds me of someone I married."

Noah and Savannah were sitting on the couch as instructed, the cup of cookies sitting on the table - the four uneaten ones back in the cup. Savannah was wearing a pink and white flowy flower's girl dress while Noah was dressed up in a tuxedo similar to Caleb's. "Can we go now? This is really annoying!" Noah complained, pulling at the bowtie around his neck and loosening it once again - only the fourth time since putting it on.

Caleb sighed and beckoned Noah over again "Sweetie, you have got to stop tugging it loose." Caleb said as he effortlessly untied the bowtie and then redid it, making sure to keep it loose around Noah's neck but still made it look like it was tight to his throat "Now, remember that these pictures are very important to your Aunt Jen and your Aunt Holly. No bunny ears, sticking your fingers in your nose, or any silly faces... Alright?" Noah nodded and took Zach's hand while Savannah toddled her way over.

Caleb stood up with Savannah in his arms and took Noah's other hand "We so need a family picture before Milo decides to go commando again... We just look too good not to."

"After the ceremony," Zach promised, giving Caleb a kiss. He gave one to Savannah as well before kneeling down to kiss Noah too. "We'll see you guys after the wedding. You are going to do great. Milo and I will be waiting to give you big hugs when you're all done."

Zach stood back up, one hand on Milo's bottom. Milo was calmer now that he was in the carrier, his thumb in his mouth and his head tipped against Zach's shoulder. His youngest was definitely a handful but he was a loving, sweet little boy as well.

"Go on," Zach said as he got the room key. "You're going to be late."

Caleb smiled and leaned up to kiss Zach, and then ducked his head to kiss Milo on the top of his still slightly bald head - he definitely had less hair than Noah and Savannah, but it had finally started growing in at about a year, and was still baby soft and thin "I love you, make sure you get lots of pictures of these two!" Caleb said as he and Noah started walking out of the room; Savannah laying her head against Caleb's shoulder.

----------

The physical wedding itself was short, sweet, and very to the point. Everything went off without a hitch - well, almost everything. Savannah did drop her flower basket on the floor halfway through the aisle and she had a small tantrum, but Zach was easily able to calm her back down and helped her pick the flowers back up so she could finish walking down the aisle. Noah had been a complete professional, a wide grin on his face as he took the slow and easy steps that they had practiced for months.

Caleb couldn't stop the tears that spilled down his cheeks - he had always been a sucker for weddings, but seeing his best friend get married; well that was icing on the cake - no pun intended.

Fortunately, that meant now they were settled in the ballroom of the hotel, getting ready to start the real wedding celebration. Jen and Holly were currently doing their first dance and Caleb was snuggled up close to Zach, head on his shoulder, tears in his eyes, Milo in his lap and nursing underneath a blanket - they wanted to wean him, but Caleb was an absolute sucker for their kids; treating them more like royalty than children, they got what they wanted, when they wanted too.

"Reminds me of our first dance... You know she's using a french version of the song we danced too at our wedding?" Caleb asked quietly, fingers gently playing with the hair at the nape of Zach's neck, twisting and tugging on the soft strands lightly.

"Copycats," Zach said teasingly. His arm was around Caleb and Savannah was sitting in his lap, napping with her face crushed against Zach's chest. Noah was leaning against Zach's other side, playing a game on Zach's phone to keep him occupied. There were other kids there and as soon as all the planned stuff was done, Noah could go play, but first now he had to sit quietly. "They look so beautiful. Their dresses are so gorgeous."

Zach pressed a kiss to Caleb's temple. "Can you believe we've been married for almost five years?"

Caleb shook his head and looked at their three kids "No... Kind of feels like we've been married for ten." Caleb said quietly, situating himself into a more comfortable position and tucking his head underneath Zach's jaw "Everything kind of happened so fast, and yet at the same time, it feels like it dragged by so slowly..." Caleb gently rubbed Milo's back, rocking the boy gently to hopefully coax him into a nap - it was way past nap-time for Milo, and Savannah was already halfway through her nap, as she had started falling asleep during the wedding ceremony itself.

Noah sighed as he looked up from Zach's phone for a brief moment "I was at you and daddy's wedding. I seen me in pictures! How come I don't remember it though?" Noah asked quietly, moving to stand between Zach and Caleb, and leaning back, using his parent's connected bodies as a bridge so he wouldn't fall - his five-year-old 'famous boy' ego having completely disappeared since returning back to LA.

"You were young, young enough that you don't remember that time. That's when you and Daddy used to come to every film shoot I had as well. You traveled everywhere with us. We didn't stay in one place until I got pregnant with Savannah. Then we stayed in LA," Zach said, kissing Noah's dark hair. "Hopefully we'll get to do some traveling again with your sister and brother as well. This time you'll remember it."

Noah tilted his head back, hair flopping off his face in the process "But what about school? We can't travel and still go to school, can we?" Noah asked curiously, looking between both Zach and Caleb.

Caleb sighed and rubbed Noah's forehead with his finger lightly "You'll still go to school, Noah... We may just have to enroll you in home-schooling. I know you won't get to meet kids that way, but when we are home in LA - we promise that you can sign up for as many sports as you want, and you can even go to an after-school care center like the YMCA, that way you can still interact with kids." Caleb leaned down and pressed a gentle kiss to Noah's forehead "Your aunt's are finished with their dance - Why don't you head over to the snack table, bring your sister some snacks back... but no cookies, okay?"

Noah nodded and handed Zach his phone back before he took off, weaving through people's legs as they started milling about - they had a few more scheduled things to do before everyone could roam freely, but this was a brief intermission between the next set dance since the song was so long. "I read that they had a home-schooling program for kids of movie stars, singers, etcetera... those who do tours and what not around the world - They are allowed to do their school work when they are traveling with their parents, and then when they are in LA, they go to a regular school... They don't lose pace as long as they keep up with their class work and homework. It's a private institution obviously... Smaller classes, more one-on-one with teachers, and you can call them or their classroom aides at any time to get help - We can hire someone to teach the kids..." Caleb shrugged his shoulders lightly and pulled the blanket back to see that Milo had fallen asleep, still lightly attached to and sucking at Caleb's chest "We should probably look into it, we have three kids... and maybe more... that will need an education, and I don't want to hold any of them back."

"We can definitely figure it out," Zach assured him. He stroked Savannah's hair. "She's starting kindergarten soon and Jen said she's actually had inquiries since Sundance generated so much buzz for T'he Second Stop is Jupiter'. Apparently people might want me in their movies again."

Zach quirked a smile, looking over at Caleb. "I'm going to be petty. We're only going to work with people who have a history of working with gay actors. I can be choosy about roles if I want to be."

Caleb sighed and looked over at Savannah "She definitely is not old enough to be starting kindergarten..." Caleb said sadly, gently rubbing up and down Milo's back "None of them are allowed to grow up anymore, Zach... I don't like it." Caleb pouted and sighed, rubbing his cheek against the top of Milo's head before laying against Zach's shoulder again.

"I'm really proud of you, you know that? You stuck out everything that came your way when you got pregnant with her... and now you're building your empire back up." Caleb leaned his head up and kissed Zach softly on the lips "You're an amazing man, father, and husband... And soon, you'll be an amazing actor again." Caleb smiled "Be as petty as you want, too... I'm all for you working specifically with LGBTQ supporters - It's probably the best route you can go, in light of all that has happened in recent years."

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by DragonKnight
11-15-2019, 01:27 AM