Starting a Family (Closed with BabbyDaddy)
"That will be the case for the next month or two," the doctor explained, "it's just a normal part of pregnancy. Now, I will be starting you on a regiment of prenatal vitamins, for yours and the baby's health. It's especially important in pregnant men to take them as prescribed. And I also want you to make sure you're eating healthy and exercising. You don't want to gain too much weight too quickly."
"Yes sir. Don't worry, I watch my weight carefully anyway," he said. Looking over to Lucy, he asked the doctor, "So...is there anything...different...for me than it would be for her?"
"That's good to hear," the doctor said, "surprisingly, there's not a whole lot different between a male pregnancy and a female pregnancy. You'll feel the same hormonal changes and the same physical changes, more or less. Men tend to carry a bit larger than women because there is less space open in the pelvic region for the baby to grow--so it will grow a bit further outwards than down until the end of the pregnancy. So long as you take good care of yourself you'll be fine. And there's no need to worry yourself about things that will happen later in this pregnancy. We'll address those at each appointment, and you can always contact me with questions. Do you have any more?"
Jason nodded and looked down in thought. "I...well...two things. When will the...slit...develop?" he said, a bit embarrassed. "And, ah, will I get...boobs?" he said again, growing even more red.
"The male birth canal will generally start to form around the start of the third trimester. Once the baby is done with its major developing stage and is just growing, your body will devote more resources to its formation. As for 'boobs'," Dr. Owens laughed, "it varies from man to man. More often than not, men will not develop breasts of the size you'd see on women. Your chest will swell and the areola will enlarge and the area will become more sensitive. Only time will tell to see how large of a change it really is. But it's nothing to be embarrassed by, Jason. It's a natural process."
(Do you mind if some part of him becomes very feminine? Just as a story plot and a reason for some sadness. It could be he actually grows breasts, or gets a very female-like butt, or something similar)

"Yeah...I know..." Jason said, still a bit embarrassed. Picking his head up, he turned to Lucy. "Are there any questions you have, dear?"
(I don't mind, I was trying to be vague so you could make that call if you wanted. Go ahead!)

"Do you know when we'll be able to find out what the sex of the baby is?" Lucy asked with wide eyes.

"Well, we generally perform an ultrasound at around ten to twelve weeks to determine that. I should say, that's the earliest we can tell. There's a chance the baby will be a little modest and we won't be able to tell," the doctor laughed.

"Oh...so we've got a while then. That's okay. Thank you, Dr. Owens."

"It's my pleasure ma'am. And I'll be seeing the both of you in about six weeks, then. You can schedule the appointment with the receptionist out front." And with that the doctor said his goodbyes and left to see another patient.
(Does a feminine rear and a small chest sound okay?)

"Well...we're definitely having a baby, honey," Jason said, still in a bit of disbelief at the fact. He hopped off the bed and took her hand in his as they walked out to the waiting room.

"Um, I think you have our medical cards- can you schedule the appointment? You know when you work anyway. I'll go grab the car."
(Fine by me! Also, do you want to designate a time of year this is taking place?)

"That we are," Lucy gave him a peck on the cheek. "I've got it all right here," she said, tapping her purse, "I'll meet you outside." She went to schedule the appointment, exchanging pleasantries with the receptionist, and set them up for an afternoon 6 weeks from that point. 
(Right now, how about late fall? So when he's big and in the third trimester, it's summer)

Jason pulled the car around and waited for his wife. His hand idly roamed to his flat belly. He smiled and patted it softly. There was a baby in there. He still couldn't believe it.

Several minutes later, Lucy climbed into the passenger seat. "All good? When did you schedule it?"
(Works for me. I like the whole atmosphere with a small belly and a holiday sweater kinda feel.)

"We'll be back here December 18th at 2:30. So we'll find out just in time to tell everybody for the holidays!"
(End soon)

"Wow...I'll be at Christmas with a little belly...can't say my dad saw that coming. He always thought that I would be the sire, not the carrier," Jason laughed as they began the drive.

(Do you mind using those terms to designate which parent carries and which parent impregnates?)
(Gotcha. And I don't mind that terminology, I actually never thought to put it like that. Good idea!)

"Yeah, but we always knew who wore the pants in this relationship," Lucy said sarcastically, receiving a slight punch from her husband. "Hey! You know it's true! Don't make me beat you up and take your lunch money," she laughed.
(I don't really like "sire", so if you can think of something better, please say so)

"I knew what I was getting into when I married a woman taller than me," he joked. "And it's against the law to hit your pregnant partner. Especially one who's doing FOR you," he said, laughing again at the look on her face.
(I'll do some brainstorming. Because "seeder" is obviously a little too sexual for a normal day to day life term...I'll get back to you.)

Lucy could only furrow her brow and feign frustration with her teasing husband as they continued to argue on the ride home.
(Skip ahead? To maybe the ultrasound? Or somewhere before that? Maybe when they first notice he has a belly?)
(Why not do them both at the same time?)
(That would occur at the same time? I though the baby would have to be bigger to find out the sex)
(Good point, I don't know what I was thinking. How about we do a quick scene of the initial belly reaction, and one of us can just pick a point to transition to the appointment. That way there's no need for a long pause)
(Sounds good. So, about 12 weeks then?)

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Destiny Knows No Cessation (Closed with PoppedBB, graphic content warning) PregnantTyler 6 3,743 02-05-2020, 05:27 AM
Last Post: PregnantTyler
  The Dairy Debt (closed with DragonKnight) SnowWolf 11 3,534 11-15-2019, 01:27 AM
Last Post: DragonKnight
  Fur and claws. (Closed with BandOfMisfits.) SilentFeather 20 4,199 11-07-2019, 11:10 AM
Last Post: SilentFeather
  O Detective Conan X PKMN (Mpreg rp CLOSED w/Anime Ninshin-chan) Bloobloobedoo27 46 7,893 09-26-2019, 11:48 AM
Last Post: Ninshinluvr
  C Arranged or destiny (closed w/AegonAustin) bhdire8 161 24,393 09-17-2019, 08:43 AM
Last Post: AegonAustin
  True love. (Closed with bhdire8.) SilentFeather 786 91,324 09-09-2019, 05:29 PM
Last Post: SilentFeather
  Labor and Delivery Roleplay - Permanently Closed BabyDoctor 48 13,350 09-04-2019, 08:41 AM
Last Post: Choruku
  C Primal Urge (Closed with PregnantTyler) Klayko 61 14,354 08-24-2019, 09:45 PM
Last Post: PregnantTyler
  The Interview (Closed w/RedThunderYellowSky) Klayko 3 3,114 08-19-2019, 12:43 AM
Last Post: SimonBrownMpreg
  Set to Sea (closed RP with @bhdire8) sipscan330 110 19,282 08-12-2019, 11:26 AM
Last Post: bhdire8