Starting a Family (Closed with BabbyDaddy)
"I am, for all the reasons you just listed--and we'll get to that age comment a little later, mister--but I just feel...I don't know. Is it not the woman's job to carry her children? To have that relationship with them? Never take that the wrong way, I couldn't resent that you're the one carrying our child, but I do feel guilty sometimes..."
"Look around, honey, everyone else here made the same decision. It was the right one," he said reassuringly.

"Jason?" a nurse called, waving her clipboard.

"Come on, that's us."
"Thanks, Jason," Lucy said, giving him a quick peck as they rose to follow the nurse for their routine checkup. She helped him up onto the scale as the nurse weighed him. "Well? How much weight has my man gained?"
"I assume that's for the age comment before," Jason chuckled, but still a little miffed.

"8 pounds- a good amount for where you're at right now. Serious weight gain won't start until the third trimester," the nurse said. "Now, please step off the scale. I need to measure your abdominal circumference."
"Well at least it's all going to the right place," Lucy said as she helped Jason up onto the exam table, patting his small bump. She laid him back gently, and then lifted his shirt for the nurse and stepped away. "So what exactly does measuring the 'abdominal circumference' tell us, nurse?"
"The distance around his belly. Which is..." the nurse trailed off, winding the tape around him, "30 inches. Up seven from your pre-pregnancy circumference. Not bad," she said. "You will naturally carry out a bit more because you are a man. Not as much room in your hips for the baby to sit," she said. "Now, I will go get the doctor. Please wait here."
"Sounds like you're really coming along there," Lucy said with a smile. "I'm so excited, I can hardly stand it!" She grabbed his hand and sat as she waited for the doctor.
"Well, glad you are... I want to know too, but it s a bit odd to be weighed and measured. I feel like a prize cow," he said with a bit of a laugh.

(Can you play the doctor?)
"Maybe so, but you're my prize cow," Lucy joked. As she did Dr. Owens entered their room and gave them each a warm greeting.

"It's good to see you both doing so well," he said after they'd exchanged pleasantries, "do you have any outstanding questions, or shall we get this ball rolling?" He asked, motioning to the ultrasound machine in the corner.

(Can do. Does that mean you want me to decide what they're having? Do you have some input with that?)
(I would prefer a boy, if that's alright)

"I will probably have questions after this, if anything," Jason said, already laying down on the table. He raised his shirt and exposed his decent-sized bump.
(Boy it is, then)

"Eager to see the baby, are we?" the doctor chuckled, "very well, just let me get myself ready, huh?" He washed his hands and pulled on a fresh pair of gloves, and fetched a bottle from the stand of the ultrasound machine as he wheeled it over. "Fair warning, this will be a little cold," he said as he squirted some gel onto Jason's belly. Lucy rubbed his arm as she felt him shiver once it made contact with his skin.
Jason knew the doctor warned him, but he still jumped a bit. "Yikes! Wow, you weren't kidding," he laughed a bit. He watched the doctor use the wand to rub the gel around his belly a bit before switching it on.
"Everything looks good here, there you can see the head," the doctor said as the faint whirring of the ultrasound machine filled the room. "Some little arms and legs..." the doctor turned the screen quickly. "Did you want to find out the sex?"

"I know I wanted to," Lucy said, smiling. "Your call, hun. What do you want?"
Jason's mouth hung open in a small smile as he watched the image up on the screen. Head...arms...legs...everything that would make the baby a human was inside of him right now. He looked down at his small little belly, trying to imagine how this little person could be in there right now.

Snapping out of his thoughts, he turned to Lucy. "Uh...yes, of course I want to know."
"Alright," Dr. Owens said, turning the screen back towards the expecting parents, "if you look right in this area, we're getting a pretty good view of him. Congratulations, it looks like you're having a boy!" He smiled, and looked at the shocked couple.

"A boy...wow, Jason! I can't believe it..." Lucy hugged him and kissed him deeply before turning back to the doctor slightly embarrassed.
Jason couldn't speak. A boy! It was a boy in there! He had a son! He couldn't believe it, and could only barely kiss back when Lucy kissed him.

Still in a bit of shock, Jason managed to stammer- "I-Is he healthy?"
"He looks to be right on track, though it's still very early. A lot can happen between now and the time he's born," the doctor cautioned. "Just take good care of yourself and he'll come out just fine."
"Of-of course," Jason said, still staring the screen. The doctor had stopped moving the wand around the baby's head, which was now sitting up on the screen. He was a bit sad to see the doctor turn off the ultrasound and wipe the gel off his belly.

"Anything else, doctor?" Jason asked.

(I had an idea for the world building. Pregnant men are called "moms" by society, or "MM"- male mom. Female "fathers" are called "dads", or "FD"- female dad. It would be something that most families aren't really okay with, but they accept it in public/at classes/doctor's offices.)
"Nothing major, no. Just know that as an MM you'll start experiencing some mild...feminization. It should fade a bit once the pregnancy is over and your hormones settle, but it could be something to remember if you feel you're having unexpected changes to your body. But I don't want you to worry about that. I want you to worry about your vitamins and your diet. Okay?"

(Like that? We can work on it more outside the doctors office)
(That sounds fine. Do you like the idea? We can scrap it, if you don't)

Jason stiffened a bit, but otherwise nodded. "Okay. I will probably have more questions next time we come in," he said, looking over to Lucy. "Do you have any questions, dear?"

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Destiny Knows No Cessation (Closed with PoppedBB, graphic content warning) PregnantTyler 6 3,911 02-05-2020, 05:27 AM
Last Post: PregnantTyler
  The Dairy Debt (closed with DragonKnight) SnowWolf 11 4,102 11-15-2019, 01:27 AM
Last Post: DragonKnight
  Fur and claws. (Closed with BandOfMisfits.) SilentFeather 20 4,603 11-07-2019, 11:10 AM
Last Post: SilentFeather
  O Detective Conan X PKMN (Mpreg rp CLOSED w/Anime Ninshin-chan) Bloobloobedoo27 46 8,880 09-26-2019, 11:48 AM
Last Post: Ninshinluvr
  C Arranged or destiny (closed w/AegonAustin) bhdire8 161 27,001 09-17-2019, 08:43 AM
Last Post: AegonAustin
  True love. (Closed with bhdire8.) SilentFeather 786 98,260 09-09-2019, 05:29 PM
Last Post: SilentFeather
  Labor and Delivery Roleplay - Permanently Closed BabyDoctor 48 15,125 09-04-2019, 08:41 AM
Last Post: Choruku
  C Primal Urge (Closed with PregnantTyler) Klayko 61 15,787 08-24-2019, 09:45 PM
Last Post: PregnantTyler
  The Interview (Closed w/RedThunderYellowSky) Klayko 3 3,257 08-19-2019, 12:43 AM
Last Post: SimonBrownMpreg
  Set to Sea (closed RP with @bhdire8) sipscan330 110 21,884 08-12-2019, 11:26 AM
Last Post: bhdire8