C A Star is Born (closed with SazzyP260)

Zach took Caleb's hands in his own, squeezing them gently. "I want to thank you for being my friend while I was here. You made this shoot a lot more fun. I had someone I could hang out with that wasn't a part of the movie so I could really relax. It was really nice to be able to be ... me. All of me."

He leaned in and pressed a quick kiss to Caleb's lips. "Thank you for everything."

Caleb nodded but didn't have much else to say besides "You're welcome." he helped Zach load the last of the luggage into the vehicle, went through the rental to find any last left behind items and soon Caleb was watching as Zach pulled out of the driveway. It was heartbreaking, but he didn't cry until he got home again. He had no idea if he would ever see Zach again.

---
One month later | Almost Three Months Pregnant:

Caleb groaned as he dropped onto his butt in the bathroom, he was covered in sweat and he still felt so sick - He knew the exact reason why, having already went to go and see a doctor about it the other day. He had been trying to work up the courage to call Zach, but did not know if it would be inconvenient for the older man.

He also knew he had to tell Zach, the other man had a right to know that he would be a father in a little over six months. So, with that in mind, he grabbed his cellphone off the bathroom counter and scrolled through his contact list until he found 'Zach M<3' in his phone. He pressed the call button and pushed the phone to his ear, having to bite back a sob that wanted to escape his mouth as he waited for the man to pick up.

"He-...hey... Zach, its uh... It's Caleb, from... from Spring Grove..." -- He had no idea why he would introduce like that, his brain was such a puddle of goo right now, not thinking clearly at all.

[Image: 8Ww3nNU.png]
You can lead a horse to water, but cannot force a horse to drink.

Zach excused himself from the living room where a few of his friends were hanging out when he saw it was Caleb on the phone. He stood in the kitchen, his back to the living room. Normally they just sent texts since he was a few hours behind Caleb.

"Hey Caleb. Yeah, I know it's you. Caller ID. What's up?"

Caleb couldn't stop the sob upon hearing Zach's voice. "I... I have... something... I have to tell-tell-tell you..." he stammered heavily, intercepted by hiccups and sobs "but... but I don't know... I don't think it should be done... done over the phone."

Caleb clutched the phone tight to his ear, wrapping an arm around his stomach. He rocked back and forth on the cold bathroom floor and laid his head against his knees. He just wanted to curl up and die - he knew Zach would be pissed, would probably claim it wasn't his or say he was a whore... so many scenarios were running through his head at this point, and none of the outcomes were good, none of them had a happy ending.

"Hey," Zach said, trying to keep his voice steady considering Caleb was crying in his ear. "I need you to try and calm down a little for me. I don't know what's going on but you're scaring me. Are you hurt? Do you need money?"

Zach peeked into the living room, but everyone was still occupied. "I can't come to Spring Grove. People will wonder why I am there."

Caleb took several deep, shaky breaths and tried his hardest to calm down; it helped that Zach was concerned about if he were hurt or something - but he knew it wouldn't last long. He knew that the last thing Zach needed was the news he had to tell him. So, he took a few more deep breaths and sighed once the hiccuping stopped "I didn't mean to scare you... I'm sorry."

"I'm not hurt, and I don't need money..." he paused and bit his lip nervously "Maybe I can fly out to LA? I... It would be less suspicious and... I don't have classes or rotations, and... I have time off I can take from work coming up next week..."

He didn't want to honestly wait that long, but what other choices did he have? He knew Zach couldn't come to this small little rinky-dink town, he would for sure be noticed, and gossip would fly faster than hot cakes should anyone see him. It was safer to just go there, but it would also probably just be a waste of time.

(Q: Which Spring Grove are we talking here? There's several 'Spring Groves' in the US lol)

Zach opened his calendar on his phone, taking a look at his schedule for next week. "Okay, if you come out on Tuesday, I'm here until Saturday and I only have one thing scheduled during that time. Find a flight that's good for you and text me the info and I'll get you a ticket."

Zach leaned against the counter. "Is there anything you need from me before then?"

Caleb shook his head, but then realized he was on the phone with Zach. "No. No, I just need to get there... I'll make sure to look into everything." Caleb said and then, without another word or barely another breath, he hung up and curled up against the floor. He still felt sick, still felt like crying, but he didn't - Zach needed to know about this, and Caleb needed to stay strong. For both his sake, and the unborn child growing inside of him.

--------

Next week couldn't have come soon enough. Caleb was anxious and jittery the entire flight from Spring Grove to Los Angeles. He felt like he was going to crawl out of his own skin and everyone kept looking at him like he was about to blow the plane up; it didn't help that he had a bag clutched tightly to his chest. He was afraid that if anyone saw him, they'd just know automatically... He was pregnant, carrying a child out of wedlock... Carrying Zach Martin's child, all because of a stupid crush and a week-night-stand.

Caleb was the first to leave the plane once it settled at the terminal, he couldn't stand to sit there any longer than necessary. Sure, he got dirty looks - again - but he just didn't care. He needed fresh air, water, and something more substantial to eat than those small bags of peanuts the plane provided. He quickly found a vending machine to get the water, but he really wanted food, and was not about to pay the price at the airport. He found the baggage claims and got his bag, and then started looking around for Zach, or a sign, or something that would point him in the right direction.

Zach had gotten a car since he couldn't go in to get Caleb, sending the driver in with a sign for him. He waited impatiently in the back of the car, playing games on his phone until the back door opened and Caleb got in.

"Hey," Zach smiled but it faded quickly. "Caleb, you look terrible." He held his arms out to him, suddenly very worried about Caleb's health. He was pale and he looked like he had lost weight which he really didn't have much to spare to begin with.

Caleb slid over on the bench seat and burrowed himself against Zach's chest, grateful that he had this comfort - at least for now. He nodded his head and sniffled "I uh... Yeah... Just a little... thing going around... I guess..." it was obviously by the way he was stammering through his words that he was lying, but he didn't want to tell Zach here, not when there were ears around to hear it.

Caleb pulled out of Zach's arms after a few more seconds of silent comfort and placed his hands in his lap, tugging at the baggy t-shirt he was wearing - it didn't hide the weight loss, but it did hide the small curve of a stomach he was already sporting - it sucked to be as skinny as he was; nothing was ever hidden unless you hid it well.

Zach put his arm around Caleb's shoulder, tugging him close again. He had missed him and texts hadn't been the same as seeing Caleb in person. "Do you want to grab food on the way back to my place? I have stuff there but you know my level of skill in the kitchen."

Zach pressed a kiss to the top of Caleb's head, not caring. The partition was up and the driver was from an agency that had a non-disclosure agreement with his agent. "I missed you."

Caleb turned his head up to looked at Zach, tears instantly forming and clouding his eyes "I missed you too." he whispered thickly, pressing a tender but chaste kiss against Zach's lips.

A single tear trickled down his cheek as he nodded his head "Food does sound good, though... I don't need you burning your LA home down, just to try and feed me." Caleb said quietly, setting his hand over his stomach; it was growling, albeit not that noticeable yet - really he just wanted to touch and connect again with his little swell.

Zach wiped away the tear, frowning. "You'll tell me what is going on when we're back at my house, right?" When Caleb nodded, Zach smiled a little and ran his thumbs under Caleb's eyes again. "Okay then. What are you in the mood to eat? We can get anything you want really."

Caleb shrugged noncommittally "Whatever you recommend is fine." Caleb said quietly - he knew better than to make any real suggestions, despite his cravings for a huge cheeseburger and fries. It would all come back within an hour or two, so it wasn't worth eating something that loaded down with fats and stuff.

Caleb rubbed his growling stomach again and frowned. He hated this hungry feeling, but he also couldn't seem to get rid of it - he ate more now than he ever did, and yet there was hardly any weight gain. Losing it was more like it, because it didn't matter what he ate, how much he ate, it always came back up in the end.

Zach looked thoughtful. "We can be healthy later. It's your first time in LA. We're going to In-and-Out." He pressed the button to lower the partition slightly. "Can you take us to In-and-Out first? Thanks." He closed the partition again. "I feel like I need to put some weight back on you while you are here. So be prepared for me to keep trying to feed you."

(Getting in the car now. Back in a bit)

Caleb nodded and stayed quiet for the rest of the trip - except to tell Zach to just order what the best thing on the menu was; he wasn't sure himself about what was good or not, so he left it to Zach to decide for him. He honestly didn't care, because he knew it wouldn't last long in his stomach.

He tried to be polite about everything. He really did. It was just damn hard to keep up his happy-go-lucky attitude when he knew that sooner or later, and probably sooner than he realized, things were either going to go wrong, or things were going to go terribly wrong.

Once they got back to Zach's, they sat on the couch and instantly Leo was there, sniffing up Caleb, pressing his nose against Caleb's stomach and wanting to jump up on him, greet the friend he had made when they were in Spring Grove - Leo could obviously tell there was something different about Caleb as well; he seemed focused on Caleb's stomach, prodding at it with his large nose every few seconds.

Caleb tried shooing Leo away, but it didn't do much. Leo kept coming back and, even with Zach scolding him and telling him to stop - Leo was persistent. The dog was outing Caleb and it was terrifying.

Zach didn't know what was up with Leo - other than really missing Calen apparently. He shooed him off the couch again and turned to look at Caleb who somehow looked even more miserable then earlier. Zach was seriously worried about Caleb right now, trying to wrack his brain to figure out what was going on.

"Will you please tell me what is going on?" Zach asked gently, putting a hand on Caleb's arm. "Whatever it is, I can help."

Caleb nodded and took a deep breath, turning and tucking a leg underneath his bottom. He took Zach's hand in his own, lightly playing with each of the older man's fingers nervously "It's really... complicated to... do this..." Caleb whispered and frowned heavily as he set one of his free hands against his stomach, he felt queasy and ready to throw up at any second.

Several deep breaths and the look of concern in Zach's eyes made up his mind. He had to tell Zach this, damned the consequences, damned what happens to their friendship or the feelings he had towards Zach - this was going to happen, had to happen, now. "I'm pregnant, Zach..." Caleb whispered and closed his eyes as tears started tracking down the sides of his face almost immediately.

Zach stared at him, his mouth wide opened. *Pregnant*? Caleb was *pregnant*? Obviously the baby was his or else Caleb wouldn't be here telling him this. He buried his face in his hands, sighing heavily. Jesus, of all the stupid things he could have done, he got a guy pregnant. He wasn't out, he didn't want to be out, and now he was faced with this. A fleeting thought of paying Caleb off crossed his mind, but he lifted his head and saw him sobbing and he knew he couldn't do that.

"Hey," Zach said roughly, gathering Caleb in his arms. "Hey, it's okay. We'll figure this out. Do you even want to keep it?"

Caleb nodded miserably into Zach's shoulder, sniffling loudly "This baby is all I really have..." Caleb whispered brokenly, his voice cracking under the pressure of emotion "I... I know I'm not too far along, yet... but I love it... I love this baby, Zach." Caleb wrapped his arms around his stomach and hiccuped, an almost-sob escaping him.

"I... I'm sure you... don't want a thing to do with it..." Caleb said shakily, once again pulling out of Zach's arms - the comfort was nice, but he had a feeling Zach was doing it more out of pity than anything else "I can... I can raise it on my own... I just... I thought... thought you'd need... want to know... just in case..." Caleb shrugged, rubbing his stomach slowly.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by DragonKnight
11-15-2019, 01:27 AM