C A Star is Born (closed with SazzyP260)

Zach was impatiently waiting for Caleb to arrive from the airport. It had been six weeks since he had seen him. Caleb had to go home for classes and a rotation and Zach had a short shoot in Switzerland that kept him busy. Before Caleb had left the last time, Zach had managed to get him to accept a few things - Zach was going to give him money, and Zach was going to buy him a car because he couldn't go running everywhere now. There had been a bit of a fight over how much money and how nice of a car, but Caleb did eventually accept.

Now that Zach was home for two weeks and Caleb had a break in classes, they could sit down and talk about what to do when the baby was born. And Zach had to tell Caleb that he was going to come out. He imagined that was not going to go over well.

Caleb inhaled shakily as he lifted his hand and knocked on the door to Zach's place - He was now nearing five months pregnant and it was exceptionally hard to get around with all of his weight centered right in his stomach. He often times found balance an issue, because he was center-heavy, and his wider than a typical male's hips were not exactly helping matters.

Despite having been an active person, a health-nut, and an every-day runner before his pregnancy; it seemed that every pound he put on either went to his hips, his ass, or his stomach - there was no wiggle room in that negotiation.

As he waited for Zach to let him in, he looked down at his stomach - currently hidden underneath a large zip-up hoodie that was still three sizes to big for his body. Sometimes it still seemed impossible that he was pregnant and already almost to the halfway point of his pregnancy, at that. It wasn't much of a fight, getting Zach in their child's life, it was the 'after' - the car, the money... Caleb didn't want or need that from Zach, he just wanted to be loved and for their child to be loved. None of the other stuff mattered.

But, of course, Zach was persistent and wore down on the pregnant man's already sensitive emotions eventually leading to Caleb accepting a car from Zach and the money - Although, Caleb squirreled away all the cash that Zach gave him; it wasn't right to use it for himself in any capacity, not while he was still working part-time and had enough in his savings to sustain himself. Of course, the work he did was slowly coming to stop the rounder he got - no self-respecting man wanted to see another pregnant man walking around in clothes that were too tight or even a lack of clothes; the bar tending gig would have to stop, eventually - he knew that, but he also loved his job...

School was finally over, that was at least the positive thing; sure it sucked that he couldn't run the last few months of the season but he did manage to continue supporting his team as a semi-cheerleader from the sidelines. There was no national championship this year, and Caleb blamed himself for that - he was their best sprinter, vaulter, and hurdler.

It seemed to be taking forever for Zach to come to the door, so he knocked again and re-positioned a foot that was pressing against his kidney. That was probably the worst of this whole thing - their son was a very active fighter, punching and kicking his internal organs like a Martial Artist.

[Image: 8Ww3nNU.png]
You can lead a horse to water, but cannot force a horse to drink.

"Sorry, sorry," Zach said as he opened the door, a little out of breath. "I was out back with Leo and didn't hear you knock." He smiled goofily at Caleb. As soon as he was in and the door was shut, Zach pulled him into his arms, hugging him tightly. "It's so good to see you. It feels like six weeks has been months."

Zach placed their fingers together and grabbed Caleb's bag, carrying it into the living room where Leo was waiting to jump on Caleb and lick him happily. "Apparently Leo missed you too."

Caleb struggled to hold Leo's weight and bend enough for the dog to give him licks "He won't be able to jump up like this for much longer... I can hardly hold my own weight upright let alone his weight too." Caleb said sadly, continuing to stroke the dogs head with his free hand once Leo had jumped off of him.

Caleb straightened after Leo was satisfied with the amount of attention received and he turned to Zach, he unzipped his hoodie and folded it up - he had gotten much bigger since the last time Zach saw him, belly pointing outright and belly button already starting to become an outtie "I've gotten fat since the last time we were in the same place together..." he said with a pout, rubbing the rounded curve of his stomach "You have a very big-headed son."

Zach's eyes widened at the roundness of Caleb's belly. He was so obviously pregnant, his belly the first thing anyone would notice about him. "I don't think you get to call yourself fat," Zach said faintly. "Your supposed to gain weight right now. It keeps him healthy. Oh my god, Caleb..."

He rubbed his face, eyes tearing up a little when presented with the evidence of his growing child. "I can't believe it. Look at you."

Caleb squirmed uncomfortably at the look on Zach's face; he wasn't used to people openly staring at his stomach with love - and especially not with tears in their eyes. "Zach... please." he squeaked the words out, just barely. Granted, Caleb was also ecstatic that Zach was already in love with their child, it just made him feel weird to have Zach staring at him.

Caleb slowly moved toward Zach, pressing a light kiss to his lips "I have to use the bathroom... Again. I promise I went after I got off the plane, but your kid really - oof - likes tap dancing on my bladder." Caleb squirmed, this time for an entirely different reason "I'll be back in a few, and... Then we can talk." Caleb said, rush-waddling off down the hallway toward the bathroom, seeking immediate bladder relief.

Zach used the few minutes Caleb was in the bathroom to get himself under control. He scratched Leo's head and did some deep breathing exercises. He could do this. He could keep himself from turning into a blubbering mess in front of Caleb. Well at least until he told Caleb that he was coming out.

Caleb came waddling back out a few minutes later, one hand underneath his rounded belly and the other rubbing his back "Sitting on toilets is not nearly as much fun as some women make it out to be..." Caleb grumbled as he walked over to the couch and slowly sunk into the depths of the comfortable piece of furniture.

"So, what's been going on? How was Switzerland?"

"It was pretty nice. I had a pretty low-key part so it was more relaxing then other shoots. I did some shopping and sightseeing as well so other then not having Leo and you there it was nice," Zach said, sliding over to snuggle Caleb close. He put a hand on his belly. "How have you been feeling? How is school?"

Caleb smiled and put his hand on top of Zach's "I've been alright - Morning sickness has finally been leaving me alone for the most part... I still can't stand the smell or taste of strawberries." Caleb said quietly and pouted his bottom lip out - it was one of his favorite fruits, everyone knew that! and to not be able to eat them? It was hell on his psyche.

"School is finally finished. I have three tests I have to make up, but luckily they can be done online... They just have to be finished by the end of next week. I missed the last few weeks of the track season because of our little bundle, but I forgave him." Caleb said with a smile as he kissed the top of Zach's head lightly. "Anything new going on? New shoots coming up?"

"I'm home for two weeks but it's just a quick trip to New York to do some TV there." Zach chewed on his lower lip. "I'm going to be doing something that you might get mad about. So ... I'd like you to come with me if you want. You don't have to and I completely understand if you don't want to be around after I do the thing I'm going to do because people are going to obviously assume things. I mean, they'd be right. Sort of. Not currently but we were."

Zach coughed. "I'm coming out."

Caleb stared at Zach with wide eyes "Wh-... wh-..." he cleared his throat and inhaled deeply "Why would you want to come out?" Caleb looked down at the stomach both men had a hand on - and, technically speaking, a hand in - "I mean, I sort of get it... But, this is a big step in your personal life, and telling everyone that you're not only gay, but having a baby as well - with, mind you, a guy you're not even dating?" Caleb sighed and shook his head slowly.

"I support your decision, and even applaud you wanting to take this step. I would gladly go with you - I don't have anything pressing aside from growing your son going on at the moment... but are you sure that you want to do all of this, Zach? Have you spoken with your manager about it?"

"Trust me, she and I have talked about this *a lot*. And while she's not super thrilled that I'm doing it, she'd rather be in front of the narrative about my sexuality. I've told my family about my plans and they support me as well." Zach chewed on his lip. "I wasn't planning on mentioning the baby. If we were together I would mention both of you with your permission but we're not. If we're seen together, especially after I come out, people are going to assume we are together and that the baby is mine. So I want you there but you have to decide if you want the world poking around in your life and probably saying some pretty awful things about you."

Caleb shook his head and smiled, looking down at his round stomach "If you came out - if we did this together - people are going to assume exactly that. This baby IS yours, Zach - you know you can't deny that." Caleb sighed and rubbed his stomach lightly before curling up around it like a protective shield.

"People already poke around in my life, that's the price I pay for living in a small town - People already say awful things about me, that's the price I pay for being pregnant with a man's child that I'm not in a relationship with and only had sex with a handful of times while he was working in our town." Caleb shook his head and reached up to wipe at a tear that trickled down his cheek "Do I wish things were different? Yeah, but... They aren't and this is the cards life has dealt me - and by extension, you. We'll just have to deal with the flak we'll no doubt get from this."

Carter grimaced as a strong kick hit at his insides "My entire life is open to people who want to dig around in it... They won't find anything bad about me, except for possibly where I work - but other then that... They'll find that I'm a decent enough guy... If they wanna twist things into terrible, horrible lies... Whatever. I can deal." Carter looked up at Zach "I want to be there with you, whether we're a couple or not. I want people to know that you'll be becoming a father, but he is your son as well and you have the rights to make decisions for him as well. If you don't want people to know about him, then don't tell them..."

Zach wrapped his arms around Caleb, pulling him onto his lap. It was harder to pull him close with his belly taking up more room but he managed, their son between them. "I don't want you to be hurt because of me," Zach said softly. "I'm not ever going to deny that he's my son. I'm so happy about him. And I'm happy you're who I'm having a child with. I just wish ..."

Zach exhaled softly and pressed a kiss to the side of Caleb's head. "I wish I had treated you better and done things the right way."

Caleb laid his head down on Zach's shoulder and sniffled slightly "There's still a chance to do things 'The Right Way' as you put it. Our son hasn't been born yet, people don't have to know that we weren't in a relationship before your son decided to make waves in our normally - well, at least my normally calm life..." Caleb shrugged one shoulder and snuggled a little closer to Zach.

"There's always a way to fix the mistakes we've made in the past, Zach... You just have to ask the right questions."

Zach rubbed at Caleb's back, digging his fingers into the sore muscles he knew were there. "Stay here in LA with me. Let's see if we can make a relationship between us work." His voice was soft, quiet. "When I was in Switzerland, I wanted to be back here with you the whole time. Even after I left the first time; before I knew about the baby, I wanted you here. I want to date you and show you off and call you my boyfriend."

Caleb blinked rapidly, tears clouding his eyes "You're serious?" he whispered quietly. He bit his lip and nodded his head "I'll stay, for as long as you want me too." Caleb pressed his lips to Zach's and kissed him slowly and sweetly.

Caleb pulled out of the kiss a few seconds later and rested his forehead against the curve of Zach's nose "I only have a year left of nursing school, I can probably get transferred to a school here in LA - and there is several hospitals that I can work at. Plus once your son is born, I'll definitely have my hands full then." Caleb smiled tearfully and snuggled in close to Zach's body "I want to be your boyfriend, Zach Martin, so I do so humbly accept your gracious request."

Leo seemed to understand that and trotted over, barking happily and wagging his tail as he jumped up onto the couch, shoving his face right between Caleb's head and Zach's chest. Caleb laughed and kissed Leo lightly on his large head "And I accept your request, as well, Leo. Thank you, both of you, for inviting me to stay."

Zach cuddled him close and felt like a giant weight had been lifted off his chest. He had no clue how any of this was going to go, whether coming out was the right choice or not, but he was ready not to hide his life anymore. Besides, he and Caleb had a baby to prepare for. He had bigger things to worry about right now.

(Go ahead and skip to whenever)

The weeks after Zach had asked Caleb to come live with him were a hectic flurry of activity - Moving most of Caleb's things from Spring Grove to LA, working on the college credit transfer to a new college, finding a hospital that took interest in Caleb and his current condition. Caleb was now at the halfway point of being six months pregnant, he was still all belly and his sense of balance was completely screwed beyond repair at this point.

Few times he has stumbled and fallen because of his gravity force being taken away from him. Progress of the move and unpacking had become slower because of it, and Caleb's inherit exhaustion was just making matters worse.

But now they were in New York, getting ready to 'Out Zach to the World' or at least that's what his manager kept calling it -- Caleb found he wasn't very fond of the manager, she was a bit snotty and looked down at Caleb as if he was no better than a piece of gum on her shoes... which would be a far cry better than some of the things that she's said about people less fortunate than Caleb.

Caleb was nervous for this interview though, he had never been in a television show, or commercial, or even remotely near a camera that wasn't taking regular every day pictures or filming Christmas present openings at his parents home. He was currently sitting in Zach's temporary dressing room, huge stomach on display for the world to see - it was no longer easily hidden from the world, even his largest shirts (which were Zach's) no longer hid the roundness of his condition.

Caleb frowned and rubbed his stomach, tears dancing in his eyes as he watched Zach get ready "I'm a little scared to be doing this..." he admitted quietly "What happens if people don't accept that you're gay? Or... something..." Caleb didn't even know how to truly articulate the feelings that were coursing through his body at the moment.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by DragonKnight
11-15-2019, 01:27 AM