C A Star is Born (closed with SazzyP260)

Zach hugged him tightly, hiding his face in Caleb's hair. "Yeah okay. We'll do that this weekend. I know you think this is going to ruin my career, but I don't think it will. I told you I was happy to carry a baby for us."

He pulled back and ran his hands down Caleb's back. "I have to go back on set. Can you get Jen in here to find a doctor and get a non-disclosure agreement ready for that?"

Caleb nodded his head, kissed Zach and helped him back into his costume. Once Zach was out of the trailer, Caleb pulled his cellphone out of his back pocket and texted Jen 'Have news, come to the trailer.'

Caleb waited for about a whole minute before Jen was silently busting through the door - she knew Noah was still asleep, and didn't want to walk the almost-toddler up "Oh my god, okay so what happened?" she asked in a quiet but excited tone as she pulled the trailer door shut.

Caleb sat down and she did as well "So, he took a test... and it came back barely even a minute later - it was a bright and positive pink sign... He's definitely pregnant." Caleb waited for her excited squeal to die off "He wants you to draft up a non-disclosure agreement and find an temporary obstetrician here in Spain, cause I'm sure once we get back to LA he's going to want Doctor Evan's to take over his care."

[Image: 8Ww3nNU.png]
You can lead a horse to water, but cannot force a horse to drink.

Jen nodded quickly and began to type on her phone. "Okay, as your friend I am so excited for you. As Zach's manager, oh my god this is going to require a lot of really careful planning. It was one thing for him to have a pregnant boyfriend. It's another thing for him to be pregnant. There hasn't been a great track record with pregnant leading men and we bank on Zach's status as an action hero and heart throb. I don't know what this is going to do to that if it gets out."

Caleb sighed and sat down at the dining table in the trailer - it was small, barely fitting Caleb and Zach at it, but it was all they had for the time being.

"He doesn't seem to realize that this could ruin his career. He thinks that because he *wants* to be pregnant, for me, people will just... understand!" Caleb said huffily, "I tried warning him about that one guy who just fell off the face of the earth after getting pregnant... He wouldn't listen to me." Caleb sighed and rubbed his head.

"Maybe he'll listen to you - because he sure as hell doesn't listen to me."

"I'll try," Jen sighed as well. "I wonder if we could convince him to go into hiding until after the baby is born. Knowing him he just plans to go home to LA and continue on with his life as normal, just pregnant." She rubbed her temples. "I can just picture him like eight months pregnant and hiking with Leo and taking selfies with fans. He's going to be the reason I drink. I just know it."

"He had a shirt like that when I was pregnant..." Caleb said thoughtfully, biting on his bottom lip "and I had one to match... Mine said 'Eating for Two' and his said 'Drinking for Two'" Caleb chuckled quietly and looked up at Jen.

"Anyway... If we don't figure out something... That is *exactly* what he is going to do - he has no qualms about it, no worries or concerns... He thinks this is the greatest thing to have happened - which, it is... but his career is absolutely in jeopardy and he doesn't seem to understand or realize that!"

"Okay for now, let's get him through this film, pray there are no reshoots he is needed for, get him home to Dr. Evans, and then figure out where we are going from there. Between the two of us, we should hopefully be able to convince him to lay low during the pregnancy. If not, I'll try and find a sympathetic writer to do a fluff piece about his pregnancy and we'll just pray."

Jen reached out a hand for Caleb's, squeezing it tightly. "I am really happy that you're having another baby even if it's going to cause me a massive amount of headaches."

"I'll make sure to buy you a whole bunch of Tylenol during the pregnancy..." Caleb said as he stood up and hugged Jen tightly "Pray its a girl... We can dress her up in the most adorable outfits if it is."

Caleb knew that Jen had to get back to work - it was what she did, after all, work almost non-stop when she was on set. "I'll see you later Jen, I'm sure you'll want to yell at Zach after he gets done shooting these scenes..."

Jen nodded and left after that; leaving Caleb with his thoughts and a waking Noah. Caleb entered the small bedroom and sighed as he laid down beside Noah, rubbing his back gently "You still sound a bit stuffy, you want me to clear your nose and ears out?" Caleb asked gently, looking into his son's pale blue eyes.

Noah shook his head and tugged at his ear, thumb in his mouth "No clear... I wan juice."

Caleb chuckled "Alright, I won't do it now, but it does need to be done later... Lets get you some juice and a snack. Papa should be done working soon."

Zach came back a few hours later, worn out and ready to go back to the small apartment they were renting during the shoot. Caleb and Noah were watching cartoons on the iPad, curled up together on the small couch. Noah still looked like a miniature version of Caleb, sucking his thumb and resting his head on Caleb's chest. It made him wonder what this baby was going to look like. Would it look like him or would they have another miniature Caleb?

"Hey," Zach said softly. "Ready to head out?"

Caleb shook his head, almost ready to open his mouth, when Jen burst through the door and pushed Zach lightly onto the couch next to his family "We all need to talk about this." she said, slapping a stack of papers down on the kitchen counter "Those are the non-disclosure agreements... I've already had the staff and people on site sign them."

Jen grabbed her phone and flicked through it quickly "I found a doctor who specializes in male pregnancies here, called him, explained the situation - he has agreed to see you on term basis' and has agreed to sign the agreement. I faxed it over to him, he's signed it and faxed it back..." Jen slipped her phone back into her pocket after reading the fax over again, and breathed slowly "You will be meeting with Dr. Garcia on Saturday at nine AM, sharp. You do not miss this appointment Zach Martin, or so help me I will rain fire down upon you."

Noah pouted and pushed the iPad away, turning off the cartoons he was watching. He stood up, clad in only a diaper and pair of socks, and poked Jen in the stomach "You be nice to papa! He no mean to you!" Noah declared, slowly toddling the space between Caleb and Zach and plopping himself down in Zach's lap, slipping his thumb back in his mouth and snuggling into Zach's chest.

Zach looked down at Noah and then up at Jen, a little wide-eyed. "So I guess Caleb told you."

Jen narrowed her eyes, pointing her phone at him. "I told him that it was going on in the first place. All he did was tell me the test came back positive." She gave Noah a soft smile. "And I'm sorry, Noah. I will be nicer to your papa from now on."

"I mean, technically it is your job to do this kind of stuff," Zach muttered under his breath. "9am Saturday. Got it. We'll be there. You want to watch Noah for us?"

"So help me god, Zach," Jen sighed and shook her head. "Yes, of course I will watch Noah. For Caleb, not for you."

Caleb laughed and stood up, kissing Jen on the cheek gently "You should be the one to tell him the other things... too." Caleb said and then flaunted away to the bedroom, he needed to pack up their belongings so they could head home to the apartment.

Jen furrowed her brows "Coward!" she called after Caleb, and Caleb laughed again shouting 'damn right' back at her. Jen sighed and turned to look down at Zach "This is serious Zach. You're pregnant... you've read the news, the gossips, the articles, everything... about a pregnant male actor - It isn't exactly something that is "enlightened" and something to be "proud" of in this world of fame. I could give you a long list of actors who have been fired, and turned into a nothing, just because they got pregnant."

Jen flipped her hair over her shoulder and sat down next to Zach "After finishing this films shooting, you need to go into hiding with your family - No flaunting yourself freely, no baby bump pics, no nothing. You have to go completely off-grid until your child is born. And don't try and get Caleb to back you up on this, I already have him on my side -- This is what is best for *you* and *your* family, unborn and born alike."

Zach wrapped his arms around Noah loosely, kissing the top of his head while he thought about what Jen said. He did know what she was talking about. He was well aware of the actors who had gotten pregnant before. He was also aware of the actors who had terminated pregnancies - probably better than she was - rather than lose their career. He wasn't going to let fear rule his life though. He loved acting, yes, but this was bigger than acting. This was his family, this was his future. He didn't need more money or fame.

"So," Zach said calmly. "I know what you want me to do and I respect that. And I know that Caleb wants me to do that as well. I'm not going to. This isn't something I want to hide. Look, I knew I was capable of getting pregnant and I didn't take precautions to prevent it. I didn't plan on getting pregnant but I'm not upset about it and I'm not going to act like it's something I should be ashamed about. It might do some good if I don't."

Jen sighed and nodded her head "Alright. I can only advise you on the best routes... In the end, ultimately, it is your decision. I'm not happy about it, I think it is career suicide, but its your career, not mine." Jen pulled her phone out and shook her head slightly "I'll find that reporter, Sam, that you seem to go to a lot for news press releases and articles... He'll be able to help you put a positive spin on this."

Jen started texting and looked up at Zach "Your wedding is also happening next weekend. I need a complete list of who you want to have invited, and Caleb has already told me if you put any of his family members on that list, he'll kill you himself, so don't tempt him or me." Jen said as she stood up and slid her phone in her pocket again "Go home, Zach, get some sleep, spend some time with your family..."

After that, Jen left the trailer and Caleb came out, his backpack and Noah's backpack packed up "Alright, we're ready to get out of here..."

"Good," Zach said, standing up with Noah in his arms. "I think he could use a T-shirt before we head out though." Caleb handed him the shirt Noah had been wearing earlier and Zach got it on him without much fuss. Noah was tired and he let Zach move him around and then prop him on his hip to carry him out. "I have a late call tomorrow. Do you want to try and go to the beach?"

Zach headed towards the car, waving to their driver. Days like this, where he was exhausted, he didn't mind being chauffeured around. Caleb didn't like driving in Europe so he did most of the driving.

"Hey, you know I'd never invite your family to our wedding, right?"

Caleb got into the car while Zach strapped Noah into the car seat and then got in himself. Caleb nodded slowly "The beach sounds like a great idea, yeah... Maybe we'll head down to the spot where Jen chose for the wedding venue, so we can see it and scope it out." Caleb said as he grabbed the blanket that Noah loved and tucked it around their son, who was so close to falling asleep again - it would be a matter of moments once the car started moving.

"Jen said something to you..." he groaned and rubbed his forehead "I told her not to say anything, because I knew that you *wouldn't* purposely invite them... but I wanted to be on the safe side, in case..." he shrugged and looked at Zach "My mother and I have been on better speaking terms recently, and I was worried you'd think that meant she'd want to be here for the wedding -- Not the case, I already mentioned it and she..." Caleb bit his lip, tears coming to his eyes quickly "She said she doesn't want to be a part of any faggot's wedding, even her own son's..."

Zach reached for his hand, holding it tightly. He rubbed his thumb over the back of Caleb's hand, reaching up with his other hand to swipe his thumb under Caleb's eyes. "I would never ask her to be a part of our lives. If she ever decides she wants to be and you decide to let her, I will be polite to her, but I will never, ever make that move. We have a family that loves us and they will be happy to watch us marry."

Caleb nodded and squeezed Zach's hand lightly "Yeah, I know... I don't think she'll ever be part of our lives though - she hates me, absolutely does not want to meet you... and..." Caleb looked down at Noah, reaching over to gently play with his wispy curls "She wants absolutely nothing to do with our son... She hates her own grandson, and she has never even met him before... Does not know that he's a joy to be around, she..." he sniffled loudly.

Despite the moving vehicle they were in, Caleb unhooked his seatbelt and moved from his seat and into Zach's lap. He laid his head against Zach's shoulder as tears streaked down his face "I wish she could just... accept that this is my life, our life, and want to be apart of it... but it'll never happen... not in her lifetime anyway."

"She doesn't know how wonderful her own son is," Zach said, wrapping Caleb in his arms and holding him close. "And that is the greatest loss of all because he is the most wonderful man I know."

Zach rested his head against Caleb's, wishing he could make Caleb's family turn into a loving one, take away all the pain they've caused him over the years. He also knew that wasn't going to happen, would probably never happen. All he could do was love him and be thankful that his family loved Caleb as much as he did.

It took a little more than two months for the filming of "Danger Zone: Red" to complete - Zach had already started showing around the middle, but barely - he hardly looked three months pregnant, when he was already close to five months pregnant. To say Caleb was jealous about Zach's growth compared to his own when he was Pregnant with Noah - well, it would be an understatement; he was absolutely *pissed* that Zach seemed to be in the market of keeping his pre-pregnancy body.

But, nevertheless, they were *finally* back in LA and they were going to see Doctor Evan's now - They had gotten all of the records that Doctor Garcia had taken for them while they were in Spain, since medical records like that - with the non-disclosure contract in place - they were not allowed to be transferred electronically; so they had to bring them back stateside with their luggage.

Spain, for all it was worth, had been absolutely beautiful - especially on the day of Zach and Caleb's wedding; the sun had been shining brightly, the waves lapping gently at the beach and the breeze from both the mountain area and the beach were absolutely perfect to make the temperature not-so-hot. The after-party and quickie honeymoon also were a night to remember, if you know what we mean.

Now they were sitting in Doctor Evan's waiting room, both of them were excited to find out how their unborn child was doing from someone they absolutely trusted - and to find out what they were having, since they didn't want Doctor Garcia telling them all of the important information except for how their child's health was. They considered Doctor Evan's as part of the family, and she would be better suited - in their opinion - to divulge all of the intimate details of how their child was, how it was developing, and everything else important

"Are you nervous?" Caleb asked quietly, looking over at Zach with a soft smile on his face.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by DragonKnight
11-15-2019, 01:27 AM