C Have My Baby Pt. II [Closed with Hockeypreg2]

This Spin-Off of Have My Baby Part One will be following Giorgos "GIO" Aetós and Sirius Flint.

Gio smiled softly as he watched Sirius kiss all six of his nieces and nephews goodbye for the evening.  He knew Sirius well enough to know that while the tall man claimed to not like children, he loved his nieces and nephews to pieces.  It was evident by the smile on his face, the way he held those three newborns, and the way he cared for the older Flint siblings as well.  Gio wished, hoped and prayed, that he had something like that.  He would be okay without the children, but just having the man he was in love with, to return his feelings?  That would be a dream come true.

Giorgos Aetós was born in Preveza, Greece and lived there for a good portion of his life.  He moved to America only five years ago when Silas posted a job opportunity on a Greek Website looking to bring Greek Citizens to America on Work-Visas.  Gio was more than qualified for the position, having worked in his family's restaurant since the age of six years old - he started out as a waiter and worked his way up to being a chef alongside his father.

Now, at the age of twenty-six, he was one of the few young chefs who could claim that they climbed to the top successfully as he was now Silas' executive chef.  Gio truly did love his job; Silas had given him ample opportunities to succeed and he did.  Every obstacle that was put in Gio's way, he overcame without much trouble - Except English.  He still had issues with the language, but he was taking classes to overcome that as well.

When Sirius seemed finished saying goodbye to his family, Gio grabbed the bags of garbage that had accumulated and waved a friendly goodbye to Silas and his family, and then he silently left the hospital room.  He wanted to get out of there and just get some air - Being so close to Sirius really left his head spinning and his body feeling equally light as a feather and as heavy as lead.  Being in the same room with the man you loved, without the man even knowing about it?  It was heartbreaking and liberating at the same time; he was just grateful that Sirius didn't ignore him - it was a common occurrence for the club-junkie, being ignored by men his age - he just wanted to find love, and he continued looking in the wrong locations... He just wanted his luck to change. 

[Image: 8Ww3nNU.png]
You can lead a horse to water, but cannot force a horse to drink.

Sirius stepped out of the hospital room feeling oddly melancholy. It was rare that he let himself think about the child he put up for adoption so long ago, but holding a baby always brought that time back. He had only held her for a moment after she had been born, long enough to see that she had a full head of black hair and blue eyes. He had given her a kiss and then handed her to the adoption coordinator. It had been the right choice and he had never second guessed it, but every so often the absence of her ached in his chest.

Sometimes he wondered if joining his brother and his family in the United States had been the best choice. He and Silas had stopped getting along when they were teenagers and even now they didn't get along great. They knew how to push each others buttons and did, frequently. But getting to spend time with his niece and nephews did make it worth it.

Gio was standing at the elevator when he got there, holding the trash from lunch. Sirius smiled at him warmly, not wanting his own down mood to affect the younger man. Gio always had a kind smile on his face - his very attractive face. They had texted a few times after Silas's baby shower but Sirius had been dating Tony and Sirius may be an asshole but he didn't cheat on his partners.

"You're really sweet to bring my brother food every day," Sirius said as they got on the elevator together. "He's a big baby when it comes to eating stuff like hospital food."

Gio smiled softly and looked up at Sirius as the duo found enough space on the elevator, and Gio requested the parking garage levels "I do not blame him for being..." Gio paused and waved his hand "disliking of hospital food. It is not good, anywhere in the world." Gio said quietly, his Greek accent was still very strong, and it was almost hard to understand him, especially when he was speaking so low - but it likely wouldn't be a problem for Sirius who hadn't been in the States long either.

"Your brother, he is good boss, tough, but good. It is the least the staff can do for such a man, bringing him this food." Gio said as they got off of the elevator again and headed a little further into the parking garage.

"How is Tony? You have not mentioned him in texts to me in a couple of weeks."

Sirius sighed and shrugged a little at that. "We broke up. He got tired of dating an old man like me." He grinned a little sheepishly. "I couldn't go out and party as often as he wanted. It was fun while it lasted but it was never going to be something that lasted."

Sirius stopped at his car. "How about you? Are you dating anyone yet?"

Gio bit his lip and shook his head slowly, he had dropped the bags of garbage in the receptacle as they passed it "No. I am not dating anyone. I work a lot and have no time for it." Gio said quietly - it wasn't the truth; Gio actually had a lot of time on his hand, as he only worked the dinner shift at Saucer II.

Gio twisted his keys around in his hand slowly "I am sorry that you and Tony have broken up. You are far from being an old man and I think it unfair that that was why he broke it off with you."

Sirius reached out and squeezed Gio's shoulder, rubbing gently before letting go. "You need to make time, Gio. You're a young guy, good looking. Tell my brother to let you have some time to date. He likes you a lot. He'll do it."

He leaned against his car. "He and Sid even tried to convince me that I should let them fix us up. But I told him that was crazy. I'm too old for you. You can do so much better then me."

Gio felt like an electrical current had run through his entire body from just that one simple, kind, gesture from Sirius. Goosebumps broke out all over his skin and his tan cheeks started turning a cute pink color as he looked down at the tips of his sneakers "You are not too old for me..." Gio said quietly, clearing his throat a couple of times before looking up at Sirius.

"I don't think it is crazy at all... I..." he bit his lip and looked around the parking garage nervously - he had never been good at 'picking up guys' or even 'pick-up lines' for that matter; which probably was one of the reasons his dating history was so non-existent "I think it is more crazy... for us to not try dating. I like you, Sirius... I think I always have since first meeting you. I do not want better than you..." Gio took a deep breath and let it out slowly, he looked up at Sirius with brightly glowing green eyes - likely from the crappy florescent lighting in the parking garage.

"There is no one out there, better than you, for me..."

Sirius straightened up, looking surprised at that. He was honestly shocked at that. He didn't think Gio had any interest in him, that Silas and Sidney were just being ridiculous trying to set them up. It wasn't... okay, it wasn't an unappealing idea. Gio was a sweet guy, very attractive, loyal to a fault, and an excellent cook.

"I ... wow. I didn't think they were serious. That you were interested." Sirius rubbed the back of his neck. "I'm not like my brother. You get that, right?"

Gio nodded slowly and shifted his weight from one foot to the other slowly "I know you are not like him. I have seen it... You are different, and that is why I do like you." Gio said as he looked up at Sirius "Your brother is - like I said, good boss, and tough on job... but he is soft everywhere else. More sensitive... I do not like sensitive men, Sirius, and you are not sensitive... Unless with your nieces and nephews."

"Even with your own brother, in pain as he was, and so very obviously hurting - you do not spare sensitivity for him, very blunt and too the point - I like that."

"I treat guys I date well," Sirius said tentatively. "I'm not mean or anything but I don't think I would ever be like Silas is with Sidney."

Sirius played with his keys. "I'd like to think about this if you don't mind. I like you as a friend, Gio, so it would be tough for me to lose you as a friend when I inevitably fuck this up. I always do somehow."

Gio reached out and squeezed Sirius hand lightly "You will not lose me as a friend, no matter how this goes... But I do not foresee us having issues in the future... Should we start dating." Gio said as he released Sirius hand and smiled up at the older man.

"You have my number... Call me when you are ready to decide, I will definitely be there to answer." Gio said just before he turned on his heel and headed across the garage toward his car.

The next few days were spent running around between the hospital and home for Sirius. He brought the kids to see Silas and the triplets when asked to and then took them home. He was going to be happy when Silas was out of the hospital and wouldn't have to be a car anymore. He loved his niece and nephews but they were exhausting.

He also did a lot of thinking about Gio and whether he should ask the other man out. He wasn't sure if he was who Gio thought he was or if he could be the type of guy Gio deserved. There was also the question of whether he wanted a serious relationship. Any relationship with Gio was going to be serious. He had to go into it expecting that. He'd only had two of them ever and both of them had ended badly, the last being a big reason why he had finally left Greece for good.

Sirius didn't have a good answer and he didn't want to leave Gio hanging for too long either. So he sent him a message, asking him to meet at a coffeeshop that Sirius liked to spend time in during the day when he needed to get out of his apartment. They knew him there and while it was probably a little shitty to pick someplace he was comfortable, he needed that. He wasn't good when he was out of his element and this whole situation was leaving him unmoored.

Gio was rather nervous about meeting Sirius. He was familiar with the coffee shop that Sirius had chosen to meet at, but he hadn't been a frequent customer as it was a bit out of the way of his own apartment, the restaurant was close by but it wasn't common for Gio to show up here.

Gio walked into the place, wearing a pair of almost too-tight jeans, a shirt that fit his muscular torso perfectly, the clothes actually showed his figure off perfectly. He had a muscular torso and arms, but he tapered down to a very trim and slim waistline, his legs were almost longer than his entire body from head to navel. His butt, while not impressively large, was quite nice - especially in the skinny jeans he was wearing.

He immediately spotted Sirius - it was literally extremely hard to spot a man as tall as Sirius and who looked a lot like his boss - the only difference was their hair cuts and the fact that Silas had a scar on the side of his face from an altercation that happened at the restaurant a year ago - before he had gotten pregnant.

Gio slipped into the seat across from Sirius and smiled at the man "Nice place. I haven't been here often, but I heard the coffee and croissants were really good."

Sirius smiled at him warmly, and leaned over to give him a quick hug. He felt underdressed compared to Gio, wearing his normal attire. He tended to dress in looser, lighter clothing, favoring linen pants and shirts. It was a holdover from his upbringing and Silas made fun of him for it, but Sirius had no reason to change what he was comfortable with.

"I'm fond of this place. I come here to write a lot when I need a break from my apartment," Sirius said. "I can definitely recommend the almond croissants. Let me get you one and a cup of coffee. If almond doesn't interest you, they also do chocolate and regular."

Gio nodded his head and bit his lip lightly, exposing what would normally hold a lip piercing - although now it was just a empty hole in the bottom of his lip. Gio actually had quite a few piercings, but because of his job - and having just come from work - he was unable to wear them, although he had all of his piercings in a small Ziploc bag in his pocket.

"An almond croissant sounds wonderful, as does a coffee. Thank you." Gio said quietly, watching as Sirius got up from their table to go and put the order in. It didn't take long at all for the tall man to return, with two coffees and two croissants.

Gio pulled his items to him and smiled as he started peeling the flaky crust apart and let the buttery bread melt on his tongue. He moaned quietly in appreciation and nodded his head "Absolutely wonderful." he said quietly and took a sip of coffee "So, what's going on? I'm sure you did not invite me here just for coffee and delicious french pastries."

Sirius bit his lip when Gio moaned after eating the croissant. He took a sip of his coffee, setting it down on the table when Gio asked him why he'd invited him out.

"I've been thinking about what we talked about - us dating," Sirius clarified. "I still don't know what is the right thing to do but I'd like to take you out to dinner. Go on a date. A real one. Not just coffee."

Gio nodded his head in understanding and held his coffee in both hands, taking occasional sips from the hot liquid "A real date sounds like a good place to start, Sirius." Gio said quietly and smiled shyly up at the older man.

"As long as we do not go to The Saucer, or Saucer II - I am happy. I love the restaurant, but I can not eat there every night like I already do."

Sirius laughed and shook his head. "No offense, but I don't want to eat at my brother's restaurants for a date either. Is there anything you don't like? Because I'll eat pretty much anything."

Gio shook his head and grinned at Sirius, once again that hole underneath his lip showing in full force "I will pretty much eat anywhere - I am most interested in American Cuisine lately, as Silas wants to open his own Americanized Restaurant soon... He wants me to move there when he does, but I'm afraid I do not know much about American flavors..." Gio said, a bit happily about the prospect of going anywhere in NYC to eat.

"I hope you do not mind... But I am feeling sort of naked." Gio said quietly, pulling out his small bag of piercings - there was a total of five in the bag "I am not allowed to wear them at work... It is... I do not have to wear them if it will bother you though." Gio seemed nervous and rather shy about expressing himself - he had always been a fan of piercings, and once he was old enough, he started just going for it - his first piercing ever was his tongue.

"I had no idea Silas wanted to open an American restaurant. I swear, he doesn't know how to rest. He's got to learn how to relax and take care of himself. He just gave birth." Sirius shook his head a little. "The piercings don't bother me at all. Do you need a mirror to put them in?"

He had never gotten any piercings himself, but he had dated people with them before. It was part and parcel of dating people younger than yourself.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by DragonKnight
11-15-2019, 01:27 AM
Last Post by CeruleanSnowFlake
10-06-2019, 01:05 AM