C A Star is Born (closed with SazzyP260)

"Lighter. Like that shifted the baby's head," Zach said as he stood back up. He rubbed his belly with both hands gently. "The contraction was easier to deal with as well, like the pressure was lifted and I could just focus on it."

Zach pulled Caleb into.a hug, holding him tight. "Thank you. God, I love you so much."

Caleb smiled, leaning up and kissing Zach lightly on the lips "I love you too, baby... You want me to bring Alex back in so she can check your progress?" Caleb asked softly. Zach nodded, he couldn't stop the redness of his face - like usual - especially after what they did, but they had to check progress and Zach understood that.

Caleb went to the door and opened it, calling for Alex to come back into the room. She did so and helped Zach get into a comfortable position on the birthing bed so they could check his progress "Alright, just breathe, Zach... You know what comes next." Alex warned as she put her gloves on.

[Image: 8Ww3nNU.png]
You can lead a horse to water, but cannot force a horse to drink.

Zach sighed and reached for Caleb's hand, squeezing his hand as Alex pressed her fingers inside him to check his progress. He wanted to squirm away from the feeling but forced himself to stay still even as another contraction started. He didn't know how far apart they were at this point but they definitely felt closer together then before.

"Oh that's good," Alex said as she withdrew her hand. "You're at 6 now. You made some good progress!"

Caleb squeezed Zach's hand and kissed his forehead "You're doing so good baby. We'll have our little one soon enough. Savannah or Owen..." he paused and titled his head "Do you like the name Owen for a boy? If we have one?"

Zach turned on the bed, making Caleb help him back up. "I don't know about Owen. I was thinking Drew." He stretched his arms above his head again. "If I put on underwear or shorts, could we walk around out back? No one can see in the yard and I'm tired of being cooped up in here."

Caleb tilted his head to the side "Drew... Like, short for Andrew, or just Drew?" Caleb asked curiously as he looked over at Alexandria for Zach's second question.

Alex nodded her head and smiled "Sure, just make sure its a pair of loose fitting shorts and you can go outside to walk around. Rest as much as possible and don't over-do it."

Zach bent down and focused on his breathing through the contraction, letting Alex and Caleb decide if he could go outside. He had to concentrate on his breathing. When it was done, he wiped his hand over his forehead, feeling like that one had kicked his ass.

Caleb had a pair of loose fitting shorts for him and helped him step into them. He leaned on Caleb as they walked slowly towards the backyard, Leo bounding up to them. Zach rubbed his head happily. "Hey buddy. Want to come outside with us?"

"Papa!" Noah came running towards him, getting swept up by Caleb before he could make contact with Zach's legs. "Where's my baby?"

"Still in me," Zach said, pointing at his belly. "I'm going outside for a bit. Are you being good for Aunt Jen?"

Caleb shifted Noah on his hip and walked out onto the back porch, letting Leo lead the way and then helping Zach over the small step, all while holding Noah "Jen won't let me watch Toons... Kitty and mouse chasin each other and she keeps changing it." Noah pouted his bottom lip out.

Tom and Jerry - as much as they watched it when *they* were growing up, or Caleb at least, they didn't think the inherent violence of the show was age-appropriate for a two-year-old "That's because we do not want you watching it, Noah. Have you been giving Jen a hard time because of it?" Caleb asked sternly as he set Noah down on the lounger and kept a hand tightly wrapped in the toddler's waistband so he wouldn't fall off.

Noah nodded firmly and crossed his arms over his chest, huffing loudly "I wanna watch a kitty and a mouse!" he shouted, his face already going red as he geared up for one of his 'epic tantrums'.

"Noah," Zach said firmly, one hand on the small of his back. "You know that you are not allowed to watch that show." He groaned and bent over, putting his hands on his knees and moaning through this contraction, feeling the need to do that instead of just breathing quietly.

Noah scrambled into Caleb's arms, hugging him tightly. "Papa's okay?"

Caleb nodded and held Noah close as he kept one hand on Zach's back and rubbed his back up and down slowly "Papa's fine, baby. He's just having a contraction - remember? Those are what helps the baby come out quicker. He has to make those noises so that they help with the contractions, making them easier on him." It wasn't remotely the truth, but it was the only way they could explain it to their son without frightening him.

Zach straightened up again after the contraction rolled away and Caleb kissed his sweaty brow "They're getting stronger and closer together... Another two or three hours and we'll be bringing our little one into the world. How are you feeling?" Caleb asked as the duo started walking the length of the porch at a slow pace.

Leo trotted behind them curiously, and Noah just laid his head on Caleb's shoulder, thumb in his mouth as he watched Zach curiously - all of this was so confusing for their two-year-old and Leo, and their curiosity was quite cute.

Zach leaned on Caleb as they walked, stopping at every contraction. He had to vocalize every time now and it seemed to help keep him focused during the contractions. Leo pressed against his side, helping hold him up, everyone around him and keeping him strong.

The back door opened and Noah shrieked happily, "Gammy! G-pa!" and squirmed his way out of Caleb's arms to run to his grandparents. Zach didn't notice they had arrived, squatting now as he moaned through a contraction, his face pressed against Caleb's thigh.

Caleb rubbed Zach's neck and the upper part of his back "It's okay... just keep breathing through it babe..." Caleb said softly and looked over his shoulder at Zach's parents "Hey Mr. Martin, Mrs. Martin... Sorry we're not exactly in hosting-mode at the moment..." Caleb said and then focused back on Zach as he clutched his ankle.

Caleb slowly crouched down next to Zach and kissed his husband softly "Shhh, it's okay, I'm right here. What's going on? Talk to me, Zach."

"More p...pressure again," Zach said, rolling his head on his shoulders. He moaned and dropped forward onto all fours, unable to keep the squat. "I feel like I'm going to throw up."

"Don't worry about it," Zach's dad, Mike said, picking up Noah and hugging him tightly.

Gina, Zach's mom, came over and rested a hand on his lower back, rubbing gently. "How far along is he, Caleb? What do you need us to do?"

Caleb shook his head "I need a trash can... He might throw up and I don't need Leo eating it." Caleb said to Gina, looking up at her briefly before focusing on Zach again.

Caleb moved to sit in front of Zach, crossing his legs and bringing Zach's head down into his lap "Just breathe slowly, Zach... breathe slowly and try not to throw up... Not until your mom gets a trash can..."

Gina returned quickly from inside with a small trash can, setting it near Zach and Caleb "Alright baby, if you feel like throwing up, its right here..." Caleb said as he looked up at Gina again "Thank you - and to answer your earlier question, he's only six centimeters right now, could be seven... We still have a ways to go! And if you can just keep Noah occupied and away from the restricted television list, I would really appreciate it."

Gina laughed gently, stroking Caleb's hair before leaning down to press a kiss to the top of his head. "We'll do our best. What does he want to watch?"

"Tom and Jerry," Zach mumbled, turning his head to look at his mom. "Hi Mom."

"Hi baby, you just keep on working and don't worry about us. We've got Noah who is currently telling your Dad how excited he is to be a big brother."

Zach managed a short laugh before he started moaning again, rocking during the contraction that had started up. Gina backed away and left Caleb to handle everything as planned. They were there to help as needed and occupy Noah.

Caleb bent over Zach's body and rubbed his back and hips slowly, fingers digging into all those tense muscles that had tightened up "Breathe... That's good baby, real good..." Caleb murmured soothing, kissing Zach's back lightly and continuing to rub and massage. "You're almost there, I'm so proud of you, doing this without any assistance or drugs... I love you, so much, Zach."

Zach wasn't sure how much time had passed outside, the rhythm of the contractions and rest periods steady. Alex came out once to see if he wanted to come in, but it was so much nicer outside. There was a nice breeze and the sun was warm and the grass felt good under his hands and knees.

A strong contraction gripped him, lasting longer and causing him to let out a low, long groan before turning his head and vomiting into the trash can that Caleb had kept near. His arms and legs were trembling and everything just felt different, like something had changed. He wanted to change positions so he was just on his knees so he did, his legs spread wide and his knees on the ground.

"Caleb... ohhh."

"Shh, shh. I'm right here. Okay... I think the baby just got into pushing position." Caleb reached down underneath Zach's belly, gently prodding at the skin around his groin region "Don't get any fancy ideas, I'm not feeling you up." Caleb teased and leaned in, kissing Zach gently on the lips.

"Yep. Our little one is ready to come on out now. All this time outside must have excited him or her and they're ready to join it... We need to get you back inside and in the birthing room... No more games or playing around." Caleb said firmly as he looked toward the open backdoor "HEY! I need some help out here! We're about to have a baby!"

Zach shook his head, moaning lowly. "No, no. Not inside. I don't want to move. Don't make me move."

Mike came to the back door, Alex by his side. "You called?"

Zach groaned and shook his head. "I am not going inside. OHHH!" He didn't know what to do but his body seemed to have an idea and he hugged his belly, grunting as he bore down against the pressure.

"DON'T PUSH!!" Caleb shouted, gripping Zach's shoulders and shaking them lightly "I don't care if we have this baby inside, outside, or on the moon, but you CANNOT PUSH right now!" Caleb said firmly, glaring into Zach's eyes.

Mike was quick to head back inside and gather Alexandria and her equipment, but it would still be a few moments before they had everything.

Caleb huffed as he carefully laid Zach backwards, but kept Zach's lower back off the ground by using a pillow that was nearby on a chair "Okay... Just breathe through this Zach!" Caleb said as he moved down to remove Zach's shorts, once they were off he got the shorts underneath Zach's butt so he wasn't laying directly in the grass -- they certainly weren't moving now, and Caleb didn't quite care that their neighbors might watch this.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by DragonKnight
11-15-2019, 01:27 AM