C A Star is Born (closed with SazzyP260)

Zach shifted the baby around, murmuring softly as he tried to look. He smiled and pressed a kiss to the baby's wet head. "Hi Savannah. We're all so excited to meet you." He smoothed his hand over her back, cradling her close as he looked up at Caleb. "We have a little girl."

"Give me a small push," Alexandria instructed from between Zach's legs, holding onto the cord. Zach listened, confused but not questioning. Something else slid out of him and he made a face at the feeling. Alexandria went back to what she was doing between his legs. "Good job."

Mike smiled and put a towel over Zach's middle to give him a little coverage. "I'm going to go let everyone know Savannah has made her appearance. I'll try and give you a moment before you're rushed by Noah."

Caleb laughed tearfully as he reached up and cupped the back of their daughter's head gently "Welcome to the world, Savannah Jane Martin." Caleb said quietly, kissing the side of Zach's head lovingly "You did such a beautiful job, Zach. She is absolutely precious."

Mike tried keeping Noah inside for as long as possible, but there was no stopping the toddler who was overly excited about meeting his new sibling. Running out in a pull-up and his big-brother t-shirt, Noah came over to Zach and Caleb, teddy bear gift in hand "Daddy, Papa! A baby is here!" Noah squealed and clapped happily, placing a wet and sloppy kiss on Zach's cheek "You do good, papa!"

[Image: 8Ww3nNU.png]
You can lead a horse to water, but cannot force a horse to drink.

"Thank you, sweetheart," Zach said, smiling at his very enthusiastic son. "This is your baby sister, Savannah."

Noah plopped down on the ground next to them, his eyes wide as he looked at the baby who had stopped crying and was mostly just snuffling against Zach's chest under a soft towel. He reached out a hand to touch her, his chubby fingers just barely brushing against her head.

"Hi Vanna," Noah said before picking up the teddy to show. "This for you. It's a teddy."

Caleb smiled and reached out to lightly tuck Noah's hair behind one of his ears "You're going to be an amazing big brother, Noah." Caleb said quietly. He hooked his chin over Zach's shoulder and sighed softly "We should probably head back inside, she's far too young to be exposed to the outdoor elements for long..."

Alexandria looked up from where she had been taking care of Zach's lower regions and everything that came out after Savannah had been born "And I want to give her a proper check-up and we cannot do that outside... If you want, I can take her and do everything I need, while your dad and Caleb help you get dressed in something and come back inside as well."

"She's going to need to eat soon too," Zach said even though he was reluctant to give up Savannah. He pressed another kiss to her head before handing her off to Alexandria. "Noah, do you want to go with Savannah to see what Miss Alex does?"

Noah nodded and scrambled to his feet, grabbing the teddy and following Alexandria inside with the baby. Zach groaned a little and looked at Caleb and his father. "I think you're going to have to haul me to my feet. I'm not sure if I can stand on my own."

Mike nodded and bent down to grasp Zach's arms from the front. "Caleb, you get him from the back. I'll lift from the front."

Caleb nodded and got himself into position as well. With Mike's help the duo got Zach up and onto his feet, they both held onto Zach until they were sure he was steady, and then Caleb held Zach while Mike helped him get back into his shorts - at least for the time being until Zach could shower and change into more proper attire.

Once Zach was dressed, they helped guide him back into the house and over to the couch, settling him in the cushions with a bunch of pillows around him to support his sore and aching body in whatever way he would need. Caleb sat on the other end of the couch and put Zach's feet in his lap, lightly massaging the soles with his thumbs.

Gina came over and lightly carded her fingers through Zach's hair "So, tell me everything you know - I only got to catch a quick glimpse as Alexandria brought the baby inside."

Jen was hovering as well, wanting to hear but not wanting to intrude entirely. She could have left when Zach's parents had arrived, but Gina had insisted she stay.

"She looks great. Started crying before she was even born," Zach said, smiling tiredly. "Alexandria is just taking her to do a check-up and then she's going to bring her back so she can eat. Then I get to shower and get changed. I am starving though. Can I eat something now?"

Gina pressed a kiss to his forehead. "Of course. Good thing all those boxes I sent are upstairs. You're going to need them."

"I'll get food," Jen offered, heading into the kitchen. She knew where everything was and this way she would feel useful.

Caleb laid his head back against the top of the couch and closed his eyes as he continued rubbing Zach's feet in a slow and steady rhythm - for some reason, doing this always seemed to relax Caleb more than it actually did Zach, and Caleb often times would fall asleep rubbing Zach's feet "Are there a lot of pretty pink dresses in those boxes, Mrs. Martin?" Caleb asked quietly, his voice already dropping a few octaves which could only indicate he was close to falling asleep right there.

Jen didn't seem to take too long in the kitchen, bringing back one of Zach's favorites - and something that had already been prepared ahead of time by Caleb "Caleb had your favorite lobster risotto already cooked up and waiting, so I just heated it up for you in the oven..." Jen said, handing Zach the bowl and a fork.

"Oh my god," Zach let out a moan. Now that he smelled the food, he was even hungrier. He grabbed the bowl from Jen and just tuned everyone out while he ate.

"There are a few," Gina said, stroking Caleb's head. "Oh honey, I think you need a nap as well."

Mike came back in the room with Noah on his hip. "I've got the big brother. He's got some news."

Noah nodded and looked like he was thinking very hard. "Vanna is 7 pounds and ... G-pa?"

"6 ounces," Mike said helpfully. "And 21 inches long."

Caleb mumbled something completely incoherent before slumping down, his head falling against Zach's stomach as he pretty much passed out from exhaustion - seeing as last night, and the last couple of nights, they hadn't been getting much sleep because of how uncomfortable Zach had been.

Noah pouted and pointed at Caleb "Is daddy okay, papa? He snoring and its the middle of tha' day!" Noah proclaimed, pointing toward the window where the sun was shining through brightly.

"Daddy is tired," Zach said as he finished his food and handed the bowl to Jen. He ran his fingers through Caleb's hair. "We're going to let him sleep for now."

Alexandria came back in with Savannah who was wrapped up in a blanket now. "Here we are. She's in perfect health and is all ready for her first meal. Oh -" She tilted her head to look at Caleb. "I guess he crashed."

Zach laughed a little and held out his arms for Savannah. "Yeah. We're going to let him stay there for now." He settled Savannah in his arms and brought her to his chest to see if she would nurse. She was a little fussy about it, but she did eventually latch with Alexandria's help.

Noah wiggled his way down from Zach's arms and toddled over to the couch, pulling himself up onto the arm behind Zach's head so he could see his baby sister and Zach at the same time "Buh how come daddy sleepy? He was not sleepy earlier!" Noah said as he pouted and curled into a ball behind Zach's neck when his papa moved enough for Noah to sit on the couch as well.

Jen chuckled quietly and shook her head "Zach, do you want me to take Mr. Questionnaire there down too the park so you and Caleb can get some well needed rest?"

"He can stay for now," Zach said, leaning his head against Noah as they both watched Savannah eat. "Maybe after she's done eating and goes down for a nap. Because I am definitely going to need a nap as well."

"Can I eat too?" asked Noah curiously. He had only stopped nursing a few months ago and he still occasionally asked for it even though Caleb had no milk left.

"Not until your milk fully comes in," Alexandria said quietly. "If you really want to let him nurse a little once that happens, you can. But until then, she needs to get all of it."

Zach turned to kiss Noah's chubby knee. "Not right now, bud. Maybe later. Right now your sister needs it all."

Noah pouted his bottom lip out and crossed his arms over his chest. Now things were unfair, he loved nursing on Caleb, so why couldn't he get to do it on Zach too?! "Fine!" he said huffily and turned his head to ignore his papa and Savannah as she ate. He focused on the muted television that was playing Disney Junior.

Gina sighed as she sat down in front of Zach and gently rubbed her son's arm "You are doing such a wonderful job already, Zachary. Your father and I are going to go check into our hotel room now, so if you need anything before we leave - let us know."

Jen nodded her head in agreement "And I've got an appointment to make but I'm going to come back so that you and Caleb can get a little break - Noah and I have already agreed that we're having a slumber party at my house." this was Caleb and Zach's plan for after the baby was born anyhow - but so Noah didn't feel like the idea was being forced on him, they had Jen suggest that Noah come to a slumber party at her house for the night.

Zach shook his head, giving his mom a smile. "I think we're okay. Alex is staying for a few days so Caleb and I aren't alone while you go do that."

Zach's parents gave Noah big hugs goodbye and promised they would be back before he went to Jen's for his sleepover. Jen left shortly after and Zach was left with a huffy Noah and a sleepy Savannah.

"Hey bud," Zach said softly. "Right after a baby is born, papas and daddies and mamas don't have a lot of milk. It takes a few days for enough to feed the baby so I can't feed you yet. I promise once I have enough, you can nurse too."

Noah pouted a little, but finally looked at Zach and Savannah again. "Pwomise?"

"I promise," Zach reassured him. "I want us to do it."

Noah seemed satisfied with that and smiled, leaning his head down to kiss Zach on the forehead "Otay. I wait then. Can I watch da toons with sound now?" Noah asked quietly.

Caleb snorted and turned onto his side, trying to find a more comfortable position in the very obviously awkward one he was currently in "Just keep it quiet, Noah. I'm sure that your papa wants to get some sleep after Savannah has finished eating." Caleb opened up one eye and looked up the couch at his husband and son "How's she feeding so far?"

Noah managed to grab the remote on the side table without falling or moving much from his position and he turned the sound back on, keeping it on the lowest volume setting possible to where he would still be able to hear it as he watched the show playing on Disney Junior.

"Now that she knows what I'm here for, she's into it," Zach said with a soft smile. "Alex had to help us out at first. I think she's done now though. And I would really like to take a quick shower and then lie in a bed."

Noah frowned. "But toons. Papa?"

"You can watch toons in our bed with us," said Zach easily. "While Daddy, Savannah, and I nap."

Noah nodded and slipped out from behind Zach easily. He turned off the TV downstairs and started toddling toward the stairs "Come on Leo! We gonna go watch toons in daddy and papa's bed." Leo barked softly and trotted after Noah, pushing the almost three-year-old in the bottom with his nose to get him to move up the stairs quicker.

Savannah let out a squawk of protest when Leo barked, but she seemed to settle down again and snuggle into Zach's chest, lazily mouthing at his chest but no longer drinking his provided milk.

Caleb yawned and carefully extracted himself from the cushions he managed to get himself wedged into "You want me to carry her upstairs for you? I know you're probably still a little sore, and holding her at the same time won't be so easy."

Zach nodded and handed Savannah off to Caleb. He hadn't held her yet so he watched for a moment as Caleb gazed at their beautiful daughter before he hauled himself upright. Alexandria had put down absorbent pads on the couch and Zach winced at the blood and fluids on them.

"I really need that shower," Zach murmured.

Alexandria gathered up the pads and put them in a biohazard bag before putting an arm around him to help him upstairs. "I'm going to sit outside while you shower. Warm water, not hot. Don't get worried about the blood. I'll set out pads for you to put on after you shower."

Caleb followed Zach and Alexandria as they went up the stairs. Zach veered off to the master bathroom while Caleb went over to the bed where Noah was already set-up and watching Cartoons with Leo behind him; Noah using Leo as a pillow at the foot of the bed. Caleb first made sure that what Noah was watching was age-appropriate and safe for the toddler to watch, he was satisfied to see Noah watching Paw Patrol on DVR.

Caleb settled Savannah into the bassinet by the bed and gently smoothed a thumb over her chubby little cheek. He was still so exhausted, the ten minute nap he took gave him absolutely no relief and only just drove home to the fact that he was tired - more so now than before. He didn't even bother stripping off his clothes before he crawled into his side of the bed; the second his head hit the pillow he was out like a light, snoring softly and curled up in the fetal position - how he so commonly slept.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by DragonKnight
11-15-2019, 01:27 AM