C A Star is Born (closed with SazzyP260)

"He's still got a few good years," Zach protested as he drove towards McDonald's. "Our boy is getting up there but he's in good shape. I mean, we can still get another dog but don't put Leo out to pasture yet. And we're getting another shelter dog. There's plenty of dogs that need homes. We don't need anything fancy."

Caleb huffed loudly "I wasn't trying to put him out to pasture yet, Zach... I was just saying we should probably think about it, start looking around..." Caleb said in irritation as he continued stroking Leo's strong back, grey hairs covering some portions while the others were his normal coat color "Another shelter dog is fine... I just want one that's active, likes running and walking - I want another Leo. Can't we just clone Leo or de-age him somehow?"

[Image: 8Ww3nNU.png]
You can lead a horse to water, but cannot force a horse to drink.

"I wish," Zach admitted with a sigh. "I was so lucky when I found him. I couldn't have asked for a better dog. And he took to being a family dog so well too. He was the one constant in my life until I met you."

Zach smiled softly, thinking about both Leo's younger days and meeting Caleb. "Remember those shorts you wore when you met us to go running? I didn't have a chance. I don't think I ever really did with you. I just pretended I didn't want everything with you "

Caleb laughed softly and looked down at Leo's greying head "I remember those shorts, I think I still have them... but I doubt they fit me anymore - I still have the cut-off tank top too." Caleb said softly as he rubbed his squirming belly "I still can't believe you were even interested in hanging out with me, let alone wanting a relationship with me... I was - and still am - a polar opposite to you."

Caleb yawned a little and snuggled into Leo's warm body "I've always been so feminine, and you're just so..." Caleb waved a hand aimlessly, despite the fact that his husband couldn't see him currently "Manly man. The only manly thing I had going for me back then was being an all-star track athlete."

"You were beautiful and interesting and I loved how you dressed and carried yourself," Zach said, his voice soft and serious. "You were comfortable in your skin and I loved that about you. I still love that about you. I have never once cared that you were feminine compared to me. The way you act, the way you dress - that's all part of you. All part of the Caleb that I love and never want to let go of. And if anyone else has a problem with that, that's on them."

Zach heard sniffling on the other end of the phone and he turned into the McDonalds drive-thru. "I'm here, okay. Still just the flurry and fries? Does baby want anything else?"

Caleb cleared his throat a few times, wiping his tears against Leo's back "No, nothing else... Just that." Caleb whispered and tugged the heavy quilt down off the back of the couch and wrapped himself and Leo up in it "And for you to come home soon. I'm cold and Leo isn't big enough to wrap me up and keep me warm... Not like you."

"I'll be home as soon as I can," Zach promised. He ordered Caleb's food, looking longingly at the menu himself but resisted ordering anything else. He had to get back on eating like an actor and that meant limiting snacks and fast food. He had to eat extra calories since he was still nursing but he had to eat smart calories and not junk.

The ride back went quick, Zach singing along to the radio - badly. Caleb was giggling in his ear and he couldn't help his smile. God he loved that man. He parked in the garage and came in to ft ind Caleb and Leo snuggling on the couch.

"Your evening snack, Mr. Martin," Zach said, bowing low and holding the bag and cup out to Caleb. "Can I get you anything else before I come join you?"

Caleb sat up quickly, throwing his legs over Leo's back to keep his best friend close. He took the fries and ice cream from Zach and held them close "Just your warmth." Caleb said as he opened up the bag and took off the plastic lid from the McFlurry.

Soon enough Caleb was shoveling Oreo mixed ice cream up with three or four fries at a time, humming as he greedily munched on the treat and laid his head against Zach's shoulder once his husband sat down next to him. Caleb offered a couple of fries up to Zach, frowned when his husband rejected them and then went back to munching happily.

"Jen's dating a famous actress that she met at one of her other client's Premier nights... I'm sure you've heard of her - Holly Sharp?" Caleb asked, looking at his husband, a dribble of ice cream running down the side of his mouth slightly - he quickly lapped it up though, long tongue stretching to almost his chin to get all of the creamy goodness "You and Ms. Sharp filmed a rather raunchy sex scene together in 2000. The Heist."

Zach started laughing and shook his head. "That is so funny. We were almost each others beards for awhile. It was a couple of years after that but she needed someone and so did I. We went to a few awards shows together because she was nominated for best supporting actress at all the big awards that year. It was enough to.shut up the rumors so we didn't need to actually go any further than that but yeah, I know Holly pretty well."

"Well, I'm glad that you know her so well - Jen and she have been dating for about a year now, secretly... They're getting kind of serious about it, too..." Caleb said as he popped the last few fries in his mouth and slurped the now melted ice cream out of the bottom of the cup, using his finger to gather some Oreo crumbs and sucking them off before looking up at his husband "Jen's proposing to her tonight."

Zach's jaw dropped. "A year? How have the two of you kept this a secret from me for a year? Neither of you are that good at keeping secrets."

Zach poked Caleb gently, tickling under his ribs. "You little sneak. She's proposing to her? Is Holly going to come out?"

Caleb giggled and pushed Zach's tickling hands away from his stomach "We had no choice but to keep it a secret. You're a gossip worse than the two of us combined!" Caleb exclaimed as he curled up against Zach's side, pulling the quilt over his body once again and settling his hands on his rounded bump. "You would have posted something on twitter, or Instagram, or something, and not even realize it... and it would have been *all* over the place."

Caleb sighed and rubbed his belly lightly "Jen has been trying to convince Holly to come out, but its a hard war on that front. Holly is skeptical, fears that people will see her differently - kind of the same thing you went through..." Caleb twisted the quilt in his fingers - clear sign that he was avoiding or trying to build up to something "Which is why... We were hoping you and Holly could maybe get together... and ya'know... Chat?"

Zach wrapped his arms around Caleb, resting his chin on top of Caleb's head and his hands on his rounded belly. "Sure. I don't know what I can tell her that will help but I'll talk to her. Is her agent supporting her or is she being a dick like Cindy was when I came out?"

"Cindy wasn't a dick to you because you were coming out... Cindy was a dick to you because she didn't like *me.*" Caleb reminded, popping his husband lightly on the knee as he snuggled into Zach's strong and capable arms. "But otherwise, yes. Lauren is definitely very supportive, considering she too is on the spectrum of people like us." Caleb said with a light laugh "Lauren's been trying, Jen's been trying, I've been trying... Nothing seems to be getting through Holly's thick skull - thus why we thought *you* would be a good candidate for 'Outing Holly Sharp."

Zach rubbed Caleb's belly gently, thoughtfully. "If she really doesn't want to come out, you can't force her. She will just end up resenting Jen for making her do something she didn't want to do. I will talk to her but all of you need to respect Holly's choice in the end. It's scary to risk your entire career."

"She's not risking anything, though. A lot of people already know she's a lesbian, Zach. There have been tabloids, rumors, pictures... I do not know *how* you've missed all of these things... We really need to get you back online more." Caleb said as he turned slightly and slid his legs over Zach's legs, curling against his husband even more and giving him better access to his tummy "We just need her to stop being afraid that people won't love her still..." Caleb whispered as he reached over to his phone and started scrolling rapidly through it - he pulled up one of the pictures of Holly and Jen that a paparazzi had taken 'Holly Sharp and mystery woman - Jennifer Caldwell revealed today, seen having lunch together in a rather intimate setting' -- there were several pictures of Holly and Jen together, starting from lunch and ending on a rather sweet kiss and embrace - Thousands of comments on the picture in support of Holly's status and relationship.

Zach looked at them with a scowl. He hated paparazzi photos with a passion. "How many rumours and pictures did you see about me over the years? I know there were tons of them. Any guy I was ever with was linked to me because I rarely dated women. And did you believe them until you met me?"

Caleb shook his head "Not all of them. Although there was that one guy that you were seen photographed with..." Caleb said quietly, biting his bottom lip "You had your hand on his ass... he was cute, and definitely who I thought you were more attracted too - body type and style wise..." Caleb said, focusing on his phone to see if he could find the pictures in question. "Ah, there. Mark Matthews..." Caleb said, once again showing his husband the pictures from about seven years ago.

Zach was quiet for a moment before handing Caleb his phone back. "I dated him. That one was actually true. It was a short relationship and it wasn't a very good one. We had very different ideas about what a functional relationship was supposed to be."

"There was a group of us who kind of slept together off and on. About 20 guys who had enough to lose that no one would say anything. We thought we would try dating. It was a really bad idea. He fell out of the group after that. He's married now to a woman."

Caleb grimaced, nose wrinkling up slightly "That's actually pretty gross... I'm kind of glad I know that *now* rather than when we had just been dating... well, not that we ever actually dated, but you know what I mean..." Caleb said quietly tugging at the material of his tank top slightly as he laid against Zach and tossed his phone onto the couch cushions.

"We should talk about Canada... And the house..." Caleb said, desperately wanting to change the subject of their conversation "Jen found a four bedroom, its kind of small, but we'll only be there for a year, year and a half at most; so it's not like we need much space. But she said its in a safe neighborhood, lots of kids, near a school... We'll need a school... God, Noah will be going to Kindergarten soon!" Caleb said, sniffling loudly as he thought about his baby growing up; it was much too fast for Caleb's liking "The other amenities are great, too... but yeah..."

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by DragonKnight
11-15-2019, 01:27 AM