C Love, Coffee and Baby [closed with Whoknows]

Aiden trembled slightly as he felt the cold gel on his skin. He looked at Andrew from the corner of his eye. “I’ll call the doctor. Please wait a moment”, she begged and came out from behind the screen

“Why does she need the doctor in here?” Andrew questioned as his eyebrows furrowed. He sat still waiting on them to return whilst rubbing his thumb over Aiden’s hand.

Aiden leaned his head against the pillow and smiled slightly at him. “Don’t worry... Oh, calm down, Mr. Banker”, he replied, making him smile.

Andrew grinned at Aiden’s way of trying to stop him from worrying. “Alright sweetheart, after this do you want to go out and get a drink?” He asked.

“You know... Depends on what drink. I can’t drink alcohol in my condition”, he laughed briefly and shook his hand: “I like to go with you.”

“A hot drink perhaps?” He chuckled. Just then the doctor walked in with the nurse following, so Andrew didn’t say anything else.

The doctor sat in the chair next to Aiden. “The baby has grown”, said the man, putting device on his stomach. “Let’s see how he’s doing...” added and turned on the monitor and began to move the device over his skin

Andrew watched the doctor use the ultrasound then turned to watch the baby on the screen. He was pleased with the comment the doctor made about the baby growing.

Aiden smiled when he saw the moving image, and then they heard the baby’s strong heartbeat: “He’s fine, but I’m worried about your placenta...” the doctor said seriously and then looked at him: “I want to leave you for observation. I have to run a few more tests, is that okay with you?” he asked them.

Andrew frowned, worried, then looked over at Aiden to answer. Andrew stood up and wrapped him in a hug and kissed him on the forehead, “it’s going to be alright”. He promised.

“One night, two in the hospital, and we’ll let you go if everything goes well”, the doctor replied, looking at Andrew: “For an extra charge, we can also put you in a bed in Aiden’s room.”

“Alright, I’ll pay for it then” Andrew said. “Should we walk over to the room?” He asked the doctor.

“I think so... The nurses will take care of Aiden and you can get the most important things of daily needs”, said the doctor, and then he brushed gel from Aiden's belly. The pregnant man looked at Andrew a little scared. He was afraid for his son

“I’m sure it’ll be fine baby, they are just going to watch over you” Andrew murmured. “Now I’m going to get me and you some things for the stay, alright?”

Aiden nodded, and as they briefly said goodbye, the nurse brought Aiden to the ward. The doctor assigned them a private room where, in addition to the hospital bed, there was also a TV, a couch, a private bathroom, a table and large windows. It was nice for a hospital.

The nurses helped Aiden put on a hospital shirt and then gave him a vitamin infusion. The pregnant man touched his belly, which looked like a really big pumpkin. He waited impatiently for Andrew. He didn’t feel the stress so much with him.

Andrew visited Aiden’s apartment in search of his things. He grabbed his toothbrush, hairbrush, toothpaste and some spare clothes. At his own house he grabbed his toothbrush, hairbrush, clothes and some larger clothes that he planned on Aiden using as pyjamas.

On the way back to the hospital he grabbed some snacks, flowers and different types of teas; knowing that Aiden likes them.

Once he got back to the hospital and found out what Aiden’s room number was, he knocked on the door.

“Please”, Aiden said at once, and when he saw Andrew at the doorstep, he smiled slightly: “Finally, I missed you...” He answered and then walked towards him in duck through his thick belly. He hugged him, “Do you really want to sleep here?”

“I missed you too, but here I got you some flowers” Andrew looked away to hide his blush. He but the bags on the floor in the corner of the room and started to unpack them. “Oh, I also got some teas and snacks that you like”.

“Thank you...” he said joyfully, and then kissed his cheek and followed him to see what he had taken with him: “You even thought of toothpaste!” he said surprised and laughed.

“Yep, I did” he chuckled at Aiden’s reaction. “Now go and lay down, your supposed to be resting” Andrew shooed him away and continued unpacking. He put the clothes in the dresser and the snacks on top.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post