The home birth (closed with bhdire8 )
It was getting late but Logan was restless his brown hair falling in front of his eyes as he paced the living room one hand resting on his belly the other on his back. Logan stood 6'2 and was currently dressed in a pair of shorts and nothing else. He had been having contractions off and on for the past few days but no real labor pains. He was getting tired of waiting but when he finnaly did get tired of pacing he sat down next to his partner on the couch in their living room.
"That surge of pain finally past love?" Logan's partner Carl squeezed his arm and asked. He was a paramedic turned midhusband so he knew how this would go. He put his hand on Logan's lower back and pressed down on the pressure points, attempting to relieve some discomfort. He was at a similar height with Logan, dark hair and well built with all the lifting he used to need to do
Logan nodded letting out a long slow breath. "I just wish it would come already." He said frustrated. He was ready to meet there son or daughter already and was tired of dealing with labor though Logan was well aware it was still going to be a bit. He leaned over laying his head on Carl's shoulder and closing his eyes for the moment.
"I know this is hard, but so far you are managing so well." Carl kissed on Logan's sweaty forehead and stroke his head. The contractions were still irregular. Sometimes they hit in quick succession and sometimes they just die down completely. With this one passing, he hoped Logan can maybe doze off a little. He would need to replenish his energy for the upcoming battle.
Logan did manage to sleep for about 30 minutes until he was awoken by a strong pain. He groaned, struggling to breath through it. This one was the strongest one he had dealt with so far. The pain stated low in his back and moved around to his belly, the mussels visibly tightened. Logan normally had a high pain tolerance but when the contraction peeked he couldn't help but cry out in pain.
Carl had dozed off a little too but was startled awake by the cry of his lover. He saw Logan's pained face and tight fist and knew immediately he was in the midst of a strong contraction. He cupped Logan's face with his palms and said "look at me Logan, breath in deep and pant it out. In and out. Focus on your breathing."
Logan drew in quick short breaths trying to get his breathing under control, the pain finally let up nearly a full minute latter. He laid back breathing heavily catching his breath. "T-that one.. was really strong.." Logan said his eyes closed. "Can you help me into the shower?" His back ached and he wanted to try the shower to see if it would help any.
"Here grab on my shoulders and I will help support your belly." The belly had dropped so much over the past few days, indicating the birth was really imminent. They walked to the bathroom slowly with Logan on Carl's shoulder and Carl's hand supporting his back. He let Logan sit down on the toilet with lid down while he started the water waiting for it to warm up.
Logan tried to relax well the water the was warming up he stripped himself of the rest of his cloths. The water had just started to warm up and he was going to stand up so carl could help him in when he was struck by anther pain he groaned loudly clutching Carl's shoulders clinging to him. "I-It hurts!" Logan said was the pain peaked and died away again.
"Well at least this one goes as fast as it comes. Rubbing his back to sooth Logan's breathing and muscle, he helped Logan lift his legsa across to get into the tub. He let him face the wall and bent a little forward and Carlo use the showerhead to splash hid back, half massaging haf relaxing it with warmth.
Logan let out a sigh of relief, the water eased some of the pain in his lower back. "Do you think were ready for this? Being parents I mean." His voice was quiet but he was nervous, even if he didn't want to admit it. anther 20 minutes passed and Logan had resorted to kneeling letting the water fall aginst his back. Anther contraction was starting, he let out a low groan it was strong but at least the contractions were becoming more regular.
"Ha i dont think we would ever be ready, we could jusy try our best." Carl looked at the clock quickly t lo mark the time. He continued to remind Logan to breath through it, feeling the whole belly harden under his palm. He would suggest Logan to get off the tub aftert this contraction, they have been here long enough and maybe he could check his dilation.
IT took almost a full minute to let up again and after a moment she stood up with Carl's help leaning on him as he got out of the bath tub. he moved over to the sink drying off for a sec. He didn't even really bother to put his shorts back on at the moment sense he had figured Carl would want to check him by now.

(sorry fell asleep last night.)
(It's alright. Its my turn to reply late this time sorry!) 

"Babe I think it's time to see if you have dilated. These contractions seemed to have evend out enough to be productive. Do you want to do it here or outside on the bed?" Carl asked Logan when he helped him dry, with the belly so large and hanging so low, it had been difficult for him to dry his lower belly and legs.
"Just do it here.." He mumbled there was no sense in moving when he was already leaning over the sink. They could go to the bed room in a moment he had been kneeling for awhile anyway and needed to stand for a few minutes.
"Could you spread your legs a little wider?" Carl instructed as he split Logan's globe to get access to the opening. He rubbed on it a few times before easing his finger inside, inserting deeper and deeper until he reached the cervix. He felt around and found Logan slightly dilated already. "I think you have opened up a bit. Maybe a 2 cm. It's good, our baby is finally getting ready!" Carl said, though he knew a 2cm was not much. Many patients that he dealt with reached 2cm without noticing themselves
Logan let out a groan, he was sure by now it would have been more then that but at least he was progressing. "lets go back to the bedroom." he said letting Carl help him. Once there he crawled into bed curling up on his side and shutting his eyes. he knew he wasn't aactuly going to get to sleep but he could try.
Carl got Logan as comfortable as he could, supporting his belly with loads of pillows and one between his legs to reduce pressure on his widening pelvis. He dimmed the light to hopefully let Logan doze off a little easier. He started massaging his back, using the soothing lavendar oil they used throughout pregnancy.
He managed to rest a bit on and on for a few minutes he awoke whenever a strong pain would hit and then would try and go back to sleep. Eventually though he could no longer rest as the contractions had only seemed to grow in intensity. he sat up one hand on his back. It was a contraction that had woken him. It was fiarly strong causing him to groan loudly and try to breath through it.
"Yes concentrate on your breathing, short deep breathes and hiss them out. This contraction is almost over now." Putting a hand on the tightened belly, Carl tried to soothe Logan. He was thankful that Logan managed to nap a little. As he felt the muscle starting to relax again, he guided Logan to lengthne his breath and with one long sigh, they had managef through another contraction.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Destiny Knows No Cessation (Closed with PoppedBB, graphic content warning) PregnantTyler 6 3,692 02-05-2020, 05:27 AM
Last Post: PregnantTyler
  The Dairy Debt (closed with DragonKnight) SnowWolf 11 3,445 11-15-2019, 01:27 AM
Last Post: DragonKnight
  Fur and claws. (Closed with BandOfMisfits.) SilentFeather 20 4,124 11-07-2019, 11:10 AM
Last Post: SilentFeather
  O Detective Conan X PKMN (Mpreg rp CLOSED w/Anime Ninshin-chan) Bloobloobedoo27 46 7,740 09-26-2019, 11:48 AM
Last Post: Ninshinluvr
  C Arranged or destiny (closed w/AegonAustin) bhdire8 161 23,982 09-17-2019, 08:43 AM
Last Post: AegonAustin
  True love. (Closed with bhdire8.) SilentFeather 786 89,237 09-09-2019, 05:29 PM
Last Post: SilentFeather
  Labor and Delivery Roleplay - Permanently Closed BabyDoctor 48 13,143 09-04-2019, 08:41 AM
Last Post: Choruku
  C Primal Urge (Closed with PregnantTyler) Klayko 61 13,890 08-24-2019, 09:45 PM
Last Post: PregnantTyler
  The Interview (Closed w/RedThunderYellowSky) Klayko 3 3,045 08-19-2019, 12:43 AM
Last Post: SimonBrownMpreg
  Set to Sea (closed RP with @bhdire8) sipscan330 110 18,918 08-12-2019, 11:26 AM
Last Post: bhdire8