Work w/ bhdire8
"Believe it would be a good thing. Means that, maybe, if something went wrong and they were unsure on how to handle such a thing, they could bring in a few doctors to look at the situation," Malorn reasoned, smiling softly at the kiss to his belly, watching as a little foot stretched against the surface.
✨don't look at my sin✨
"Hmmm yea i guess so. though being so near could hint... forget about it. I am just getting superstitious." Archie smiled again and turned around to park at the centre. "Here we are. Right on time." He glanced at the clock and whistled. Hurrying to Malorn's side, he helped his lover to get out from the car, just a little hand for him to grab on. He knew Malorn prefer to do everything on his own as far as possible.
Malorn got out of the car himself, but it was much slower than it had been in past month. Thankfully, he wasn't waddling yet, walking into the building with Archie at his side, telling the woman at the little desk at the front that they had an appointment.
✨don't look at my sin✨
Archie looked around curiously, seeing majority of the people around to be female. Which was quite logical given the population of male carriers was low. A kind looking woman came out to greet them warmly, and offered to give them a tour around. While thy were following the lady, who introduced herself as Caroline, he asked Malorn in a low voice. "What do you think? This place looked quite cozy." He looked at the warm.colors around and commented. The staff were also friendly, most of them offering a smile seeing them pass through.
"Like it here," Malorn replied, lacing his fingers with Archie's and giving his hand a gentle squeeze. "What do you think?" he asked softly. While Malorn's opinion mattered most because he would be the one giving birth, he still wanted Archie's input. Even the rooms were cozy, with beds big enough for both parents to lay, and large tubs in the bathroom for those who preferred water births.
✨don't look at my sin✨
"Let's see the room they would be offering us, and the package and all." Archie said, following Caroline's lead into the room that they would be using. Each had different facilities and the room they were shown had the whole floor laid with mats so the birthing person could choose to get into whateerposition they'd like, all fours, kneeling, whatever, without hurting themselves, especially their knees.
Malorn told that they wanted a water birth, Caroline taking them to a room with a tub large enough for three or four people. Of course, there was still a bedroom-like area for laboring beforehand, and resting afterwards.
✨don't look at my sin✨
"Looks good." Archie took off his shoes to step into the bedroom, even jumping on it a little to see how soft the floor was. "How can we ensure we have a space here when the time comes? You know... we couldnt control when Logan comes." He scratched thr back of his neck, genuinely curious.
"Well, we usually allow couples to rent rooms the week before and the week after the due date. We are very aware that some babies come a little bit earlier or later, but if your child does come early, especially by four weeks or more, we do recommend a hospital to get proper care for the infant in case there is something wrong," Caroline explained, Malorn listening intently and sitting on the edge of the bed in the room.
✨don't look at my sin✨
Archie nodded his understanding. He walked on his knees towards Malorm and laid his head on his shoulders. "Hmm whay do you think? What do.you think Logan? Liking this place? Want this to be where you would be meeting the world, take your first breath?" He said in a babyvoiceto the belly on Malorn's lap.
Malorn laughed softly when Archie spoke to his belly, grinning when Logan kicked out from his belly. "Believe he likes it here," he spoke with a smile, running his finger over the slight protrusion on his belly.
✨don't look at my sin✨
"Good. Or shall we look at the other one as well?" Archie whispered to Malorn while giving him a kiss on his cheek. "How about we tell Caroline here that we would reply in a few days? Through phone confirmation?" he suggested while heaving Malorn up from the bed.
"Will look at the other one, yes. Comfirm over phone," Malorn nodded, standing easily with or without Archie's help. He knew Archie was just trying to keep him from straining himself, but Malorn liked being independent.
✨don't look at my sin✨
Archie looked at Malorn with feigned disappointment. "Why wouldn't you just indulge in my poor desire to be a helpful partner to my pregnant mate?" He chuckled and moved pass the topic. "Ok Caroline, we would have a decision in a few days and we would confirm it over the phone." He turned to the smiling lady and moved their way out of the room. When they came out, a laboring woman was passing by, leaving a trial of water behind her, clearly struggling with her steps.
"Do not want to be seen as completely immobile yet," Malorn replied, lacing fingers with Archie before heading out of the room with him. Caroline followed them out, going to the woman and helping her to her room. "Like it here," he murmured again, nuzzling Archie's shoulder.
✨don't look at my sin✨
"Hmm yes." Archie for a moment looked distractedly at the woman, wondering where her partner was but thought that's too nosy. He returned his attention to Malorn and wrapped a hand over his shoulder. "I think this would be the place, but let's see. We would need to start preparing for our thanksgiving visit after that." He had a bitter-sweet expression on recalling his vast family.
"Is that good or bad thing?" Malorn asked softly, noticing the expression on Archie's face. "Do not have to go if you do not want to, I suppose," he shrugged. He'd never been to any Thanksgiving celebration, despite having lived in America for quite a substantial time. He never had reason to go to one, being from a foreign country, and he'd never been invited.
✨don't look at my sin✨
"Oh not going isn't even an option. My ma would be furious if we dare miss it. One of my brothers once missed that for a bachelor party with his best mate, and he was buggered with mum's never ending whining for over half a year. Since then none of us even dare even mentioning of the possibility for not showing up." Archie chuckled thinking of the incident and how his brother whined about his mother's notoriosuly long phonecalls.
Malorn laughed as well at the story, getting into the car when they left the building. "Do you think they will like me, your family?" he asked softly, terrified that Archie's family wouldn't like him, tell him to not stay with Archie, that their child was a mistake.
✨don't look at my sin✨
"You would probably be smothered with fondness." Archie said with a chuckle. The only point of concern would be his father, who was involved in some miliary operations during the cold war, but he was quite certain with the combined power of his mother and their siblings, he wouldn't be too much of a problem. He would see, and if it didnt turn out as he imagined, he could always flee with his fiance. Nothing was more important than his bear and their wolf cub.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  True love. (Closed with bhdire8.) SilentFeather 786 89,639 09-09-2019, 05:29 PM
Last Post: SilentFeather
  Set to Sea (closed RP with @bhdire8) sipscan330 110 19,053 08-12-2019, 11:26 AM
Last Post: bhdire8
  C Trying to Save the City w/ bhdire8 lxcttrll 195 24,615 08-02-2019, 10:47 AM
  C The Priest & The Shepherd (w/Bhdire8) Lovebite 247 27,039 04-06-2019, 07:33 PM
  The Soldier and The Governor ((With bhdire8 and Lovebite)) Lovebite 551 83,697 04-01-2019, 09:48 AM
  C In The Old Farmhouse w/ bhdire8 lxcttrll 110 13,329 03-06-2019, 01:10 PM
Last Post: lxcttrll
Shocked Sailor and a Selkie ((w/ bhdire8 and Lovebite)) Lovebite 394 64,813 11-27-2018, 07:23 PM
Last Post: Lovebite
  Apron hate. (w/Bhdire8) Lovebite 359 69,815 09-28-2018, 04:37 AM
  C A Common Arrangement [Closed with bhdire8] Sam260 131 10,834 09-17-2018, 05:42 AM
  'business' partners (Closed with bhdire8) secretsparrow 100 10,230 08-27-2018, 02:39 PM