Closed Slaves to Magic: Feral Blood (closed with Hyenadog)
((I'm so sorry this took so long, I don't know what's up with me but I'm just in this insanely verbose phase for some reas

In a world where magic is might, society stood divided by blood. The blessed ones, to whom manipulating the energies of the world around them was second nature. The scholars, who had talent yet needed time and effort to reach a third of the power the laziest of the blessed boasted. Even the normal folk could perform some minor spells. On the bottom of the scale, those with no magic at all, the cursed, even rarer than the blessed and, strangely, all male. 

A strange event plagued a particular kind. The shapeshifters, other than the varying degrees of magical affinity everyone else shared, possessed the inate ability to assume at least one animalistic form, with finer degrees of finesse and wider variability of forms the more powerful they were. As the special magic skipped a generation when the children were born from a shifter and a normal parent, there were those that chose to mate with other shifters for the sake of strengthening their bloodlines. Should a Cursed child be born from such a union, their lack of ability to control the shifter magic lead to a feral state that was not only dangerous, but also infectious to other Cursed. They bore a special name, setting them apart: Loup Garou.

A call to arms had risen for one such individual, and a red fox rushed through the forest where the last sighting had happened, making way through the pines and bushes, elegant and slippery. It was easier to prowl about unseen, mingling with the forest, and a lot more effortless than casting any sort of shroud. Plus, Selen enjoyed the feel of nature around him, making his blood pump regardless of the form he took. In a way, it was a mix of business and pleasure all wrapped in one. Ducking through leaves and roots, the shifter made way to yet another one of the traps he'd set, hoping the warning he'd set had gone off for the right reason, the prickling echo of his own magic guiding him to the right place. It was a simple yet effective setup; Selen had saturated some pieces of meat with mana and set them by trees enchanted to tangle around anything roughly human shaped without a magic signature that picked the meat up. It used the resources around him, didn't disturb the animals, and if any Cursed dumb enough to be outside with a Loup rampaging around decided to take the chance, at least the beasts would be locked outside.

Selen had a good feeling about this one, his violet, almond eyes shining with excitement. He'd finally get a chance to help.
Those born with the affliction were usually put down as soon as the trait showed, often when a young Cursed had their first tantrum. They would become like a feral child, but with sharp fangs and claws and much stronger than their size suggested. These rare children were quickly euthanized to prevent harm to others and spread of the affliction.

For an even rarer few, they wouldn't experience a transformation until adolescence. With the onset of puberty came an extra hurdle. These Loup Garou were much more difficult to handle. They were immune to most common magic and physical harm while in a transformed state, meaning only a powerful Blessed could deal with one. They could also take any number of forms depending on their parents base animal. But the most typical was loupine. They moved swiftly through forests, leaping through trees like wild apes, or charging across fields like swift hounds. They kept the silhouette of a man, but that's where similarities end.

One such Loup Garou was causing trouble in the forest. He had killed a few livestock and had the common people worried. He hadn't shifted back to his human form in weeks, remaining in a bestial state and living like an animal. But the bloodlust was impossible to resist, and it got him caught.

He was pinned to the tree by strong branches, dried blood all over his face. His eyes blazed bright blue and his hair and fur was jet black. His clothing was little more than rags hanging from his body...Showing the scars he'd gotten from other beasts of the forest. He gave a loud bellowing howl, struggling to free himself.

(No problem. His beast form is sort of wolfman/skinwalkers/that movie Wolves sort of look.)
As the Blessed drew closer, the commotion stirred by the trapped Loup Garou confirmed his suspicions, a few of the smaller night critters scurrying the opposite direction of Selen's light footed steps. It only increased his sense of urgency further. He had to work fast, before others arrived. Else his careful preparation and effort would all be for naught.

Once he arrived, the shifter noted how, despite the quick work of the entangling spell, the quarter carcass he'd left behind was now ripped in measly pieces scattered about the earth and trees, reminding him of the sheer physical strength of his quarrel. Even so, Selen was mesmerized for a few moments, watching the struggling beast man with a mix of fascination and pity. Underneath that mass of black fur and rage was a person. Someone who didn't have a choice regarding their lot in life. This was the first step to make amends.

The fox form began morphing and growing into a wolf, the orange fur giving way to a pure white, streaked with pale lilac glowing patterns. Perhaps adopting the animal form closest to this Loup Garou would help Selen connect with its fragmented mind, help communicate. He howled back softly, his voice carrying a few soothing spells and an intention. 'Please calm down, let me help you...'
The beast struggled even when he clearly couldn't move. A primitive instinct told him he needed to escape. He needed to get away or die. He rubbed his skin raw where the tree bound him, even starting to bleed where he struggled most. He felt the pain, but ignored it. Showing pain was weakness, weakness meant death. A Loup Garou ran on twisted natural instincts.

Those wide blue eyes snapped towards the movement of the fox, lips pulling back to expose his fangs in a threatening grimace. His teeth were stained with blood like his face and hands, drool frothing around his lips. He snarled and roared as the fox changed shape, struggling more.

With the howl of the white wolf, the beast seemed to calm. His breathing slowing to a reasonable rate as his face relaxed slightly. He growled deeply, the sound resonating in his chest. With the rage dissipating, the beast began to change back...His fur began to fall out, body twitching as muscle and bone shifted.

What remained was a slim young man with warm tan skin and long black hair. His body was scarred, four long scars running across the right side of his face, just missing his eye. He was exhausted, passing out where he was without a word. But around his neck dangled a thick collar. His family's attempt to contain him. It had a single tag with his name engraved on it. Tobias
The wolf watched closely as the feral form melted away, approaching carefully to surveil the change and assess the damage, worry plastered on his lupine brow. So many scars. Selen could only imagine what this young man must have gone through, alone, fighting for his life. He was but a foot away when the youth's consciousness finally caved, and with a nod the tree branches parted, letting the slim form slip into a gentle human embrace.

In the wolf's place stood a pale man, apparently in his mid twenties, a white mess of short, curly white hair on his head other than a thin shoulder length braid tucked behind his right ear. He had a toned build, not stick thin but not really that muscular either, just enough to support the fainted young man in his magic marked arms, prints of different animals glowing with the same color of his pale lilac eyes on his arms and back. Selen smiled sadly at the unconscious form on his arms, sighing as his robe reformed and covered his naked frame. They'd even placed a collar on him. "Tobias..." The blessed whispered, taking note of the name in the tag. Selen just hoped it hadn't been the Loup Garou's own family to put such a contraption on his neck. That would just about break his heart.

At the distance, the faint sound of humans trampling through the forest made its way to Selen's ears. They would want to lynch the boy. Or worse. Unconsciously, Selen's hold on Tobias tightened protectively. "You can't have this one." the Blessed mumbled, the violet light of his magic enveloping both their forms. When the mob arrived on the scene, the only trace they'd find to be left behind would be a torn collar and the pieces of a shattered tag.

Tobias would wake up later in a completely foreign environment, lying on most likely the fluffiest bed he'd ever had within a room richly decorated in multiple gradations of purple, white and silver. His benefactor would be asleep on top of the bed by his side, still holding his hand, and the wounds from the struggle completely healed.
Life was hard enough for a Cursed, being at the bottom of society. But for a Loup Garou, life within society was impossible. The slightest thing could trigger a shift in even the most controlled individual. And, of course there was the full moon. It would force an even more dramatic change, becoming more beast than man. Consumed by hunger and rage.

Tobias was tall and slim, his body suffering from malnutrition despite how he gorged on the meat before he was trapped. Many Loup Garou died of starvation out in the wild. The transformation was uncontrolled, sapping so much energy from them that they were always ravenous. But, for now, Tobias was calm...even relaxed. Laying in his captor's arms, his collar hanging loose around his neck. Exposed were the scars left by the collar rubbing against his skin. Cutting into it when he fought against it. His own family had done it...to protect him from the world.

He didn't stir when he was whisked from the forest by the blessed, remaining unconscious for quite a while once they reached his home. The bed brought him a level of comfort he had never known. Just sinking into it as he drifted into a quiet dreamless sleep. It wasn't until several hours later that he groaned softly and shifted his head.

He snapped awake, bolting up and stumbling off the bed. He stood weakly, hunched as wide eyes darted around the room. He spotted the figure on the bed, quickly going into a panic. His heart and mind racing as his breathing picked up....He seemed to be trying to find words, but all he managed was a few incomprehensible noises before he gave a strangled cry and doubled over. Both arms wrapped tightly around himself as his back arched unnaturally with a sickening crack. He couldn't hear anything beyond the rushing of his pulse and the cracking of his bones as he began to transform back into his bestial form.
Selen didn't react immediately, being partially drained though more out of worry than some form of depletion, stirring groggily awake at the jolt of the panicked youth. "What...?" was all he mumbled, finding the presence of another on his room a strange thing. Only when the cry pierced through his ears did he realize something was wrong, shocking him dead awake. The Loup Garou! Selen cursed himself for miscalculating, of course he'd panic, how could you not when you were brought somewhere completely different from what you used to know, with a stranger no less??

Without regard for his own health, the shifter jumped from his bed to embrace the transforming Tobias. wrapping his arms the best he could around the changing forms. "Wait! It's alright, you're safe here, no one will cause you any harm!" Selen cried, forcing his magic to go into the boy to suppress the out of control emotions and try to steer the transformation itself. He'd seen the starved frame and Tobias hadn't eaten a damn thing yet. Hopefully Selen could keep this under control before Tobias burned through every ounce of fat and muscle within him.
Tobias couldn't stop the transformation even if he wanted to. It was a run away reaction. Panic caused a spike in adrenaline, which triggered the change, which caused immense pain and more panic until it snowballed out of control.

He dropped to his knees when Selen embraced him, hands dropping to the floor to brace himself. "P-please....get away..." he managed to choke out, coughing up blood as it ran from his nose and gums. It wasn't long after that that the changes slowed and Tobias went limp in Selen's arms. The changes slowly reverted, making him twitch and tremble...leaving him looking even more emaciated.
Even when the blood began to drip onto the floor and Selen himself, the grip didn't loosen up and the Blessed remained steadfast in his duty. Still Tobias's body was clearly consuming much more than he could provide through his spells. Selen feared, in fact, that all he was doing was little more than put a band aid on a big gash. Physical healing had never been his forte, he could muster the more straightforward type of care but more complex stuff, like a limb smashed into oblivion, was definitely not intuitive. Much less recovering an extremely exhausted body from overexertion. "It's okay, you're okay, I've got you..." Selen whispered calmly, hoping the Loup Garou would start getting used to him and his voice as something friendly, and not a threat.

A frantic knock on the door caught Selen's attention, his gaze turning to the source. A worried female voice, muffled by the heavy wood, made itself heard, part of the worry on Selen's face melting away. She could help. "Lord Selenius, I heard screams, are you alright???"

"I'm fine, Liba, but I need you to go to my study and get me a potion, the Starlight draft. It looks like liquid mother of pearl, first drawer on the left. my friend here isn't doing so well."

"Right away, sire!" On the other side, the maid's heels clicked away, and Selen was turned his lilac eyes back to the trembling young man, once more picking him up and seating back on the bed with Tobias nestled against him, waiting for the girl to return.
Tobias hadn't shifted in so long, his body had gotten used to being in that feral form. He was fragile in his human form, weakened by his shift both physically and mentally. So there wasn't much surprise that the slightest change would set him off.

He took quick shaking breaths as he returned to human fully, feeling Selen holding him tightly. Trying so hard to come to his senses. He could make out voices, someone speaking behind him and from a distance. But then there was silence. He felt himself being lifted, struggling against it for only a moment before calming.

He opened his eyes, bloodshot and swollen...slowly looking around until he stopped on the man holding him. His eyes were still such an intense ice blue, as they had always been. Most who carried the beast blood had yellow-gold eyes. But Tobias was different.
Staring at Tobias's eyes directly gave Selen's worry pause for a moment, transfixed by the intense blue looking back at him. How unusual, and so striking! For a moment he wondered how they'd look without the redness and dehydration sinking them in. "Tobias? Can you hear me?" Selen asked softly, the glow of magic dimming within his own eyes. "My name is Selen. You're hurt, really badly. You're in my home." The boy felt like a leaf shaking in the wind on the Blessed's arms, brittle and frail. He needed the recovery potion, and he needed it bad.
Tobias' eyes shifted, looking over the man's features. He heard him speak, and moved his mouth as if to respond. But he seemed unable to. He closed his eyes, taking a slow shaking breath. "H-how did I get here?" He asked, his voice only a small whisper. He slowly lifted a hand, brushing his messy hair back from his face. He was filthy, hair matted and dirty, and his face covered in dried blood from the meat earlier. He needed to bathe and eat a proper meal. Then maybe he would feel better.
((I'm so sorry, I saw your reply and started writing, but the draft wasn't saved and I thought I posted it D:))

"I brought you. I... trapped you in your feral form. There was a report of a large beast prowling around the forest, eating the livestock." Selen was sparse with the details, not wanting to burden Tobias's conscience. The actions of a feral Loup Garou could be nothing short of brutal, and not many were willing to accept the fact that, in those moments, it wasn't the person inside that was in charge but the basest natural instincts. He hadn't looked much into it himself either, so there wasn't that much actual information he could provide. There was also the concern that the knowledge of whatever Tobias may have done in his altered state may shock him into shifting again, and the boy was already weak enough as it was. "I wish to help you, Tobias."
(I hate when that happens.)

Tobias listened to the man speak, watching him before closing his eyes with a heavy sigh. He didn't need to be told what he did...He knew. Even while in his wolf form, Tobias was still aware. It was like he was trapped in his own mind. Watching the horrible things he would do. Thankfully, he didn't remember much detail, but it didn't matter.

He moved slowly out of Selen's hold, crawling weakly onto the bed. Each movement made looked like a struggle. But what else was clear was his distended stomach. He still had a belly full of undigested meat. If he didn't throw it up, it would certainly help him recover a little. He laid down on the bed with a soft groan, looking to Selen.

"How can you help me?" He asked in a soft voice. "I'm probably better off dead." He added, closing his eyes. He sounded so defeated...but moments later, his breathing evened out as he drifted to sleep.
There was no immediate response, as Selen himself wasn't so sure of how to proceed. He'd had councelling from his mentor regarding the matter, his own experience and what felt right to him as a shifter, so all it was was ideas. Still, it was better than nothing. For now though, what Selen could do was help suppress Tobias's change and nurse him back to health.

The blessed gently helped Tobias into the covers, stroking his black hair softly as he veered off into sleep. "We'll find a way, Tobias, we will." Selen whispered, saddened. He'd had the feeling there was no place for him in the world before, and was pulled out of it by his teacher. If he could do even half of that for Tobias, Selen would be a happy man.

Later, a curvy little middle aged woman entered the room with a glass vial filled with a pearl like liquid in hand. Selen thanked the maid and the two spoke in whispers for a while, worry clear in the woman'a voice.

"... I mean, how am I going to explain the blood, sire?"

"I went out, got injured, need to rest for a while and everything. It's going to be fine, Liba..."

"No it's not! I already had to lie to Lord Corvus to justify your lack of attendance to the clan meeting. If he hears it was because you brought an injured boy to the estate, he's going to be furious! And this is assuming he doesn' get wind of the rest!"

"I'll sort it out my dear, don't worry."

"Well somebody has to worry around here!"

Selen chuckled. "True, true."

A pause. "... Poor child. I hope you succeed, Selen."

"I do too. For our sakes."
Tobias made a soft noise as he was tucked into the bed, relaxing into a deeper sleep. It had been so long since he last slept in a real bed. Not since he was a small child. Tobias was one of the few who developed the condition at puberty. Before then, he was just the magicless misfit of his family. He was kept in the shadows by his parents, hidden away. But they still cared about him.

Until he turned thirteen. The first sign had been his mood swings, then craving more meat...finally an argument with his brother set him off. The first shift had been excruciating, but the second he could move, he attacked. He badly wounded his brother and was attacked by his father in the form of a bear. That was how he got the scars across his face...

He fled his home to live in the forest. His feral instincts kept him alive ever since. It was something unique about the Loup Garou, tapping into the beast side like that. Even shifters couldn't remain in animal form for so long and still be able to separate man from beast.

He slept soundly even as Selen and Liba spoke. He groaned softly, rolling a bit and curling up. His stomach gurgled and growled. The raw meat he'd eaten wasn't agreeing with his human gut. He whimpered, trying to will away the discomfort so he could continue sleeping.
The increasing restlessness marked Liba's time to go. "Do call when Tobias wakes up, I'll bring some meat up for him."

"And me!"

Liba snorted. "You can feed youself just fine, sire."

Selen whimpered in feigned hurt. "You wound me, my dear..."

"Ha!" Liba rolled her eyes, slipping away as silently as she'd arrived.

Focusing once more on the whimpering Cursed, Selen placed a hand on his forehead to gauge if there was something wrong. Tobias seemed to be in pain, and his stomach was rumbling up a storm. It didn't take mucg scouting to notice his body wasn't particularly with the heavy raw meat. This could end one of both ways. Hopefully, Selen thought as he reached for the vial, it would go the cleanest route.

"Tobias?" Selen softly shook the boy awake. "I have a potion here to help you feel better." It would do a bit more than help him digest the meat, it'd actually give him a decent fortification boost. The only trade off was the somewhat salty taste. The Blessed placed the bottle on Tobias's lips, gently tipping a few drops into his mouth.
Tobias was fighting to stay asleep. He needed the rest so badly, but his body had needs as well. His human gut just couldn't handle so much raw meat. In smaller portions, it was fine. But he had gorged himself on the meat Selen had left as a lure.

He made a small noise when Selen's hand met his forehead, brows knit together in a clear expression of discomfort. He whimpered as he was shaken awake, eyes opening slowly to peer up at the man before closing again. He shifted slightly as the vial was put to his lips, lifting his head to drink. Of course he made a face at the taste, but pushed past it to take the rest of the potion.

With that done, he scrunched up his face at the lingering taste in his mouth, like a small child being given medicine. He reached to rub his face before pausing and sitting up more. "You weren't kidding. I feel much better." He muttered, giving a small tired smile.

Now a bit more aware of himself, he frowned. He was filthy and didn't exactly smell very nice. He tried brushing his fingers through his hair, finding it too matted to get far. He needed to bathe.
A proud, even childish smile brightened Selen's face both at Tobias's reaction and the visible effect of the elixir. "I should know, made it myself! Tasted pretty bad in the beginning too." Pretty terrible, in fact. Selen's little hobby had earned him more than a nasty stomach ache, more than once. There were few things Selen was truly proud of, but seeing his alchemy work always gave him a little twinkle in his lilac eyes.

"Looking a bit better now too." Seeing the boy get his second wind also made the Blessed feel a lot more relieved. Perhaps now would be a good time for Tobias to wash up, before any unwanted visitors happened upon the bloodied mess. In fact, he could use a bath himself as well, even if amount of filth wasn't even remotely the same. "If you're feeling up to it, I'd recomend you take bath. Bet you're dying to get all that gunk out of your hair."
Tobias' smile seemed to grow when he saw Selen's, simply feeling better knowing someone was happy as well. He gave a small shrug when he mentioned taste, shaking his head slightly. "I've tasted worse. Just tastes like you mixed it using ocean water." He muttered.

He looked up again when bathing was mentioned, giving a sheepish smile. "Yeah. I feel gross. I hope I don't need to cut it." He sighed, tugging on his matted hair to look at it. He still seemed weak, hands shaking a little and movements slowed. But his face didn't seem so terribly gaunt and his mind was more alert. It was a good first step.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Destiny Knows No Cessation (Closed with PoppedBB, graphic content warning) PregnantTyler 6 3,685 02-05-2020, 05:27 AM
Last Post: PregnantTyler
  The Dairy Debt (closed with DragonKnight) SnowWolf 11 3,440 11-15-2019, 01:27 AM
Last Post: DragonKnight
  Fur and claws. (Closed with BandOfMisfits.) SilentFeather 20 4,115 11-07-2019, 11:10 AM
Last Post: SilentFeather
  O Detective Conan X PKMN (Mpreg rp CLOSED w/Anime Ninshin-chan) Bloobloobedoo27 46 7,734 09-26-2019, 11:48 AM
Last Post: Ninshinluvr
  C Arranged or destiny (closed w/AegonAustin) bhdire8 161 23,954 09-17-2019, 08:43 AM
Last Post: AegonAustin
  True love. (Closed with bhdire8.) SilentFeather 786 89,122 09-09-2019, 05:29 PM
Last Post: SilentFeather
  Labor and Delivery Roleplay - Permanently Closed BabyDoctor 48 13,129 09-04-2019, 08:41 AM
Last Post: Choruku
  C Primal Urge (Closed with PregnantTyler) Klayko 61 13,848 08-24-2019, 09:45 PM
Last Post: PregnantTyler
  The Interview (Closed w/RedThunderYellowSky) Klayko 3 3,035 08-19-2019, 12:43 AM
Last Post: SimonBrownMpreg
  Set to Sea (closed RP with @bhdire8) sipscan330 110 18,867 08-12-2019, 11:26 AM
Last Post: bhdire8