Conquest || Closed w/ TaffyCorgis
A gentle light began to flood into the quiet swathes of jungle, vast deserts, and echoing canyons. Various beasts began to emerge from their peaceful slumbers, moving to forage or hunt. A city had been built on an area of flat land. High up on elevated plateaus, stood mansions and a palace fit for a king... or two. Below and stretching out towards the wilderness lie a bustling town with homes and merchant stalls galore. Further away, small farming settlements surrounded the growing city. Guard towers had been set up around the city as well, particularly to protect the people that lived on the outskirts. There were dangerous creatures beyond their walls of comfort after all and not everyone knew how to fight them.

This city of Avania, gilded in gold, yet.. dark and rotting to the core. Once a monarchy under corrupt tyranny, turned stratocracy by two soldiers. The original ruler had been pushed off his throne, yet managing to escape into the badlands. As it was too dangerous to go after him, there was merely hope that he would perish out in the desert. His immediate family and extended relations had been allowed to live as long as they didn't turn against their new lords, but of course, trouble was guaranteed in this.

With him gone, there had been new, revitalized hope that this nation could be rid of corruption.. But peace only slipped further from their grasp.

Things were alright at first... Not quite tranquil as tensions were high, but there was work to try and soothe these inner demons. However.. Sahdar was soon split down the middle with the advent of these 'loyalists' to the previous king. Their leader, a previous retainer of the old king. Calling themselves the chosen of Sahdar and the rightful heirs of this land and so on, as though they had been gifted with the divine right of the gods. If anything, they were a borderline cult with the way they had acted. Soon they seceded, having staked out their own territory. Due to them and their want for revenge and blood lust, there had been much bloodshed. The once golden sands of Sahdar ran crimson with the blood of many country men. Both traitors and those who chose to remain. They had managed to chase them out, but while they were no longer heard of many were sure they weren't done after they had merely been chased away from their homeland. After all, these renegades had claimed that this land was there's as they were true Sahdarians where any who followed the new lords were of a false heritage.

Other factions, seeing this as weakness or an inability to lead and unite, wanted a chance at power and broke off to form their own nations within this one.. This already crumbling nation only fell into further ruin as time went on it seemed... And as there were already warring states beyond their country and only a set few established nations, it was a dog eat dog world. They were in no real shape to try and start with the states beyond their own, but foreign invaders and rogues were becoming a problem along with the inner turmoil they faced.

A man had been standing out on an open air walk way, looking out over the city. He had short, straight black hair and dark eyes. His skin, slightly browned by the sun. He was lean muscled and of a more middle-sized build. He wasn't thin nor very muscular or fat. He had a long, panther-like tail and the ears to go with it. He had a thin mustache and a bit of hair on his chin as well, but he generally took care to keep it from growing out of control. Adorned in carmine robes that shimmered in the light of the sun, decorated in a shiny, embroidered gold, they were for those of a higher rank and yet intended for leisure. It had been a few months since the old king, Laius, had been dethroned and since his loyal men and women had followed him out. He was thinking on it. While he was generally a more humorous kind of guy, he often thought things over carefully. He liked to sit and observe, making sure he fully understood something before he acted. Planning was everything for him. He had previously worked as a strategist for the old king, not quite a foot soldier, but he knew his way in a fight. 

Sevhan was now a warlord of sorts. While he didn't mind the public eye and actually rather enjoyed the adoring eye of hundreds upon thousands... He had even wished to become more well known...  He didn't disclose everything. He turned away from the glorious display that was the capital city at dawn. He kept heading down the path, yawning as he decided he probably needed to get ready for the meeting this morning. There were leaders from neighboring kingdoms, Kalal and Wendsford, coming. Their basis: a proposition.. Sevhan was interested of course and he'd gone over it with the council to see what they said. They suggested they hear it out and so it was decided that they would. Sevhan was hoping for the proposal of an alliance. It would help in the long run.. To perhaps aid with inner turmoil and defend against other more aggressive nations in Sahdar's weakened state.

Sevhan had approached a building that was behind the palace on a raised area. His quarters were inside, though he had to share it with his partner, there were quite a few rooms in mainly open air building with a few enclosed areas for privacy. He had to walk across a short, sturdy, cement bridge. There was a small garden in front of the building. As he entered it, he found that one of his personal servants, Lei was setting his clothes out. He was the only one Sevhan generally let in for when he bathed. He didn't need multiple servants out and about, scurrying around as he bathed. That could be more annoying than beneficial. "Hmm.. You were a little late today.." He mused as he moved past the young man, taking his things from him as he did. "Ah.. I did not mean to be so late sir." Lei gave him an uneasy grin to which Sevhan hummed, almost returning the smirk with his own. Lei wasn't that much younger than him. He was in his early twenties and had scruffy, dark hair and a thin frame. He had brownish skin and green eyes. He had these petite cat ears and a short, bob tail he could easily tuck away. Yet, hanging off of his lean body was a rounded belly. The man had a mate and was expecting for that mate. Sevhan had none to speak of or so he wanted to believe. He didn't have any interest in the idea and yet it was alluring in some way. He didn't know how Lei could handle being pregnant though.. But this was.. It was just his own opinion. He'd been told he should think about having an heir if he was going to be one of the rulers now, but he didn't think he'd be able to handle children much more than he would be able to deal with being pregnant... So if he did have a heir, his chosen lover would have to be the one who carried the child.

Pushing the thought away, he headed out to where his own private bath was, which was also open air. He supposed it wasn't exactly private as he also had to share it with his partner and it was open air, but in this society, communal bathes were common place. Originally, this had been the residence of one king so there weren't two of these residential buildings just yet. Columns held the roof up and braziers were hanging off of the ceiling. They would be lit by sunset for either of them if they wanted to bathe then. The columns were decorated with vines and the water was clear and crystalline. Seeing that Lei had already set the water, Sevhan disrobed, settling into the cool water. "Mmm.. That's nice..." He muttered, leaning his head back against the edge of the tub. Lei went to grab his towel, soaps, and something to scrub himself with. "I was late today cause I wasn't feeling all that well this morning, Lord Sevhan." Lei explained as he rifled through a cabinet. "I see.." Sevhan wasn't angry at him. There was no need to be. Lei set all of his necessities where he could reach them before gathering up his discarded robes and hurrying off as best he could. Already, the sound of song from the city below was being carried up on the wind. He could hear the distant, calming melodies to which he'd bathe himself too. He would try not to take too long here. The meeting would probably happen in three or four hours. According to his adviser, they had received a message via thunder hawk from the two stating that they were so many hours away yesterday. They'd probably arrive within three hours and would be allowed to rest for the one...  He had time as he didn't take that long to bathe, but still. He wanted to prepare himself for whatever the two nations were going to request and besides, he wanted to oversee the preparations for this meeting of lords and the subsequent banquet. They had been almost complete last night, but in his typical thorough fashion, he wanted to be certain of this.
Fahri knew Sevhan from their days training and moving up through the ranks of Sahdar's military. They developed a friendly rivalry over the years that helped fuel their ambition. Each of them had a competitive streak that drove them to climb the ranks faster than the other, but they both agreed that Sahdar desperately needed new leadership and they should be the ones in seats of power. Monarchies carried no strategy or expertise; it was just birthright and laziness. Kings fell out of touch with their citizens and the outside world while basking in their pampered entitlement. Overthrowing the royal family was easy. Fighting the civil war that followed was difficult.

While Sevhan was the patient observer, Fahri was all about action. If he saw an opportunity, he took it. Sehvan took up post at war tables and made plans. Fahri picked up a bow and mastered his skill on horseback. Few rivaled his mastery over combat archery. His keen eyes helped: bright green orbs that let him see for miles. Wheat blond hair fashioned into a short braid accompanied his vivid eyes. Unlike Sevhad, he kept himself clean-shaven. Fahri also sported a tail of emerald plumage not unlike a peacock, downy collections of tiny feathers on the backs of his hands, elbows, cheeks, shoulders, knees and ankles, and then a much thicker bundle of plumage on his chest that usually stuck out of his robes.

Fahri held a great deal of anticipation for the meeting with the two kingdoms. Just like Sevhan, he hoped it was a proposal for an alliance. Gaining the support of two kingdoms at once would solidify Sahdar's rise back to power and quell the doubts of traitors and skeptics.

It was normal for Sevhan to get up before him, always going out to watch the sunrise over the town. Sevhan was sentimental like that. Fahri crossed paths with Lei on his way to the bath. When he spotted the bright red robes, he knew that meant his partner was already there. "Shouldn't you replace him?" Fahri asked in reference to the pregnant servant. Dropping his own silver and white robes onto the floor, he slipped in right alongside the strategist. "Also, good morning."
Looking over at at Fahri with half-lidded eyes, Sevhan spoke. "Perhaps you are right.. And good morning to you as well..." He had other servants. At this point, Lei was slower to arriving and he was getting to the point where he couldn't get around as much. As Lei returned, Sevhan had closed his eyes again by then, just relaxing in the water for now. "Maybe it's time I allowed you to go on your maternity leave?" He suggested, having heard him enter. Lei frowned. "But sir, I think I should be fine for now." Lei insisted. Sevhan, opening his eyes again as he rose a brow at the young man. "I wouldn't want my best servant and his unborn child to be hurt. What kind of leader would I be if I mirrored that of the old king?" Sevhan got to lathering his cloth with soap. "I'll get a different servant for now and you can spend time out until you're able to return. Starting today if you like."

"At least after I fetch Lord Fahri's robes." Lei insisted. He was eager to work, but Sevhan gestured to Fahri as if to say he should take it up with him. He had taken to scrubbing himself. He wouldn't rush his bath along as he liked to be as clean as possible, but this wasn't one of those mornings where he could just lay around in the bath and go at his own pace. He probably wouldn't even be able to do that tonight if he was honest here. He fashioned himself as an entertainer of sorts at these sorts of banquets even if he wasn't very open with people to begin with. "I'll suggest that you spend at least the last hour or so of your time preparing for this meeting, thinking about what to say, how to act and so on." Sevhan said, speaking to Fahri of course. Maybe he was just worrying too much here though? He did at times, granted he was a little better at hiding it than most. He'd learned to as people would either see it as weakness, or they would also be worried. "I don't want them to think of Sahdar as just another land of savages." He stated. "And after all this turmoil, that's what it's starting to seem like... Lets have at least one good first impression." Kalal and Wendsford hadn't bothered with Sahdar in the past, but it could be due to the reign of the old king for all he knew. The old king hadn't been very fond of anyone that wasn't from Sahdar. He would often wage war against them. The old king had been far too.. Willing to shed the blood of innocents though.

He lifted his leg up, reaching for it as he went to clean it. His feet were a little more cat-like. They were shaped like a panther's and had the retractable claws and all. While his hands were normal humanoid hands, they still had sharp, claw like nails. He had fangs of his own as well and his eyes were slit in the light of the sun. He was a bit more flexible than others due to his being like a feline. "I'm thinking of bringing in Taylin or Yuliv to replace Lei for now." Either would be fine. Taylin was a bit more talkative so he may not be ideal to listen to in the morning. Yuliv wasn't like that. He was obedient, but he seemed smarter than he let on. He could be good to have around to discuss strategies with at the least and this was something he did like to do. Glancing at his partner for a second, he spoke. "Feel free to suggest one of your own however.." He added calmly, as he continued to clean himself.
"Finish your morning chores, Lei, and then you are officially off duty," Fahri instructed. "Sevhan is right. We aren't tyrants who work their staff into the ground. We are aware that you value your position and you are very diligent, so we won't make this a permanent replacement by any means. If you really feel like you need something to do, you can continue making and serving our afternoon tea, but that is all."

Fahri used his blunt fingernails to scrub between the feathers on the back of each hand. When Sevhan deemed it fit to remind him about preparing for this meeting and basically imply that he should be on his best behavior, the downy clusters on Fahri's cheeks ruffled indignantly. "I beg your pardon, Sevhan," he huffed. "I always give careful consideration to my words and actions, especially when meeting foreigners. You're the day dreamer. Make sure your head doesn't drift up into the clouds during our talks today, hm?" Honestly, just because he was the more battle-ready of the two didn't mean he was as trigger happy for conflict as the former king. If archers were good at anything, it was patience and analysis.

The man disappeared under the water so he could wet his hair before lathering it with soap. "Yuliv will do fine," Fahri replied. "I don't want to shuffle my servants around if I don't have to."
Lei dipped his head, leaning forward in a deep, respectful bow. "Th-thank you, sir!" The young man also looked to Sevhan, but the other man only shrugged. He didn't mind either way. It was up to Lei at this point. Lei grinned a bit but he hurried off, still at his slower pace.

Sevhan held his hands up, smirking. "No need to get your feathers in a bunch." He responded with his usual even tone, unfazed by his retort. He turned away as he continued to bathe. He would be done in a bit. "This day dreamer simply wanted to be sure." He hadn't exactly meant he was going to be the one to cause problems, but he supposed he could have worded it differently.

As he finished cleaning himself, Sevhan pulled himself out of the water, grabbing his towel to wrap it around his body. The morning air was chillier than before now that he was wet, but he didn't mind it too much. Sevhan nodded when Fahri chose Yuliv. "Very well. I'll notify him of this once I'm done getting dressed." If he had another servant nearby, he would have sent them, but he was fine with walking. It would give him some more time to collect his thoughts. Lei had already rushed back in with Fahri's clothing. Sevhan had taken to drying off. "Will this be all?" Lei asked, looking from Sevhan to Fahri.

"For me, yes. I can do most of what you'd normally attend to when I finally return to my quarters." Sevhan responded, of course, he may not be back until late this night. He dried himself off quicker than he had bathed. His tail was last. With this done, he was already reaching for his clothing to get dressed. Fit for royalty, the clothing was an off white, yet it sparkled dimly in the sun. Again, it was embroidered with gold markings. In Sahdar, They didn't generally wear full articles of clothing as it was hot here, so his shirt was cropped around the abdomen. His pants were also and off white. Around his waist and there clearly more for decoration, were long pieces of cloth that fluttered and billowed out behind him when he walked. The sleeves on his shirt were cut at the shoulders so his bare shoulders could be seen and the sleeves themselves billowed out at the bottom. He just had to go fetch his sandals and he'd be good to go... Oh.. And he supposed he had to wear the crown today as well. It was a symbol of his power, but he didn't often wear it unless he had to. Of course his partner had one too. It'd be unfair if he was the only one with a crown.

Sevhan made his way towards the exit so he could head to his room. He turned back to face Fahri, holding his hand up in a half wave. "I'll see you later, partner." For all he knew that later wouldn't be that long away anyway. He'd said it anyway and had added a little smirk to it before he headed out.

He took a seat on one of the seats in the main hall. He had grabbed his sandals, slipping them on and buckling the straps. Once this was done, he smoothed his pants legs out and rose to his feet. He went to grab his pair of arm guards as well to place them on his arms just in case things didn't go so well. With this done, he was pretty much ready to go.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Destiny Knows No Cessation (Closed with PoppedBB, graphic content warning) PregnantTyler 6 3,679 02-05-2020, 05:27 AM
Last Post: PregnantTyler
  The Dairy Debt (closed with DragonKnight) SnowWolf 11 3,431 11-15-2019, 01:27 AM
Last Post: DragonKnight
  Fur and claws. (Closed with BandOfMisfits.) SilentFeather 20 4,106 11-07-2019, 11:10 AM
Last Post: SilentFeather
  O Detective Conan X PKMN (Mpreg rp CLOSED w/Anime Ninshin-chan) Bloobloobedoo27 46 7,721 09-26-2019, 11:48 AM
Last Post: Ninshinluvr
  C Arranged or destiny (closed w/AegonAustin) bhdire8 161 23,893 09-17-2019, 08:43 AM
Last Post: AegonAustin
  True love. (Closed with bhdire8.) SilentFeather 786 88,949 09-09-2019, 05:29 PM
Last Post: SilentFeather
  Labor and Delivery Roleplay - Permanently Closed BabyDoctor 48 13,096 09-04-2019, 08:41 AM
Last Post: Choruku
  C Primal Urge (Closed with PregnantTyler) Klayko 61 13,748 08-24-2019, 09:45 PM
Last Post: PregnantTyler
  The Interview (Closed w/RedThunderYellowSky) Klayko 3 3,028 08-19-2019, 12:43 AM
Last Post: SimonBrownMpreg
  Set to Sea (closed RP with @bhdire8) sipscan330 110 18,779 08-12-2019, 11:26 AM
Last Post: bhdire8