Set to Sea (closed RP with @bhdire8)
(( sure thing. Where do you want the starter to take place? I just need a setting to go off of ))
(Haha what about we have Arthur wiating at the pier for James to join him? Just start with them exploring the new yacht together brfore setting sail?)
After a few days, Arthur had procured a vessel, and James was even closer to his dream of escaping the small village. In that time, he spent time with his new companion often, mostly working and helping make preparations for travel; he'd taken it upon himself to create an inventory for supplies, and balance out the finances available in petty expenditures with the necessary expenses. However, he couldn't deny that he was starting to grow pretty fond of Arthur's company; the tall man proved to be enigmatic with his stories, yet full of vigor and vitality much like himself. They shared a kinship in their desires, their aspirations, and it was this that forged the first bond of friendship.
----
James had just finished saying goodbye to his father, the elder man delighted to have James venturing out at last. He wanted more for his son; he wanted James to become who he was meant to be. Not a human, trapped in a small village, stuck in the mundane cycle of marrying a local maiden and having plenty of children. Rather, the Selkie that he was; a man full of confidence, undaunted in facing the vast world ahead, and forging a new legacy on the sea and foreign turfs. With his father's approval, the brunette had a light heart, and a kick in his step as he made his way down the main pier, to where Arthur would be waiting. He came upon his companion with the brightest of countenances, embracing him with a familiar handshake and a gay smile. "This is it, then. Board is ready, just give the word and we'll be off.", he said excitedly, his entire body electrified with anticipation. He turned to board the bark with Arthur, having been on board a few times already to chart out their lodgings and stock. But still, with every preparation now complete, it suddenly seemed like an entirely new world to him. He couldn't help his boyish delight in heading up to the nose of port bough and looking over, down at the calm sea below. He envisioned it; the life he'd lead from now on, the joy of being at sea....he was no fool, of course; the sea was a dangerous watery grave to humans. Arthur likely didn't share in his delight for open water travel, as the seas could prove to be fearsome on stormy nights. But James figured that if worst came to worst, he'd be able to help in some way or another. Not only was he a Selkie, but he was quite a strong swimmer if faced with the task. Either way, he had not a single worry for their voyage, finding only freedom as a gust of wind buffeted around him.
The excitement of James was infectious. "Ahoy sailor! let's set sail and may the winds bless us." he smiled watching the wind going a favorable way and soon enough their yacht left the harbor, with a few good-natured sailors on neighboring vessels waving goodbye to them.

With the breeze going full force, even Arthur was getting quite the fun. He smiled letting the wind blow through his hair. Watching James heading towards the foremost point of the ships, he chuckled at the genuine curiosity of the young man. "Be ware young man... don't fall into the water or the ship could crush you immediately." he smiled and controlled the yacht with ease through the web of parked vessels finding its way out to the open sea.

Once they were out, Arthur could let the wind do its bidding. He slipped away from behind the wheel and went to look for his new companion. "James? do you want to try controlling this beauty?" he yelled, not seeing James on the deck.

(lol i gotta ask for your forgiveness - my ignorance in sailing made it difficult for me to do anything remotely matching yours. it was uncharted waters for me, so to speak, in dealing with these terms. If sometimes i used an awkward phrasing.... do forgive me...)
(( Lol don't worry about it, I'm pretty lenient with responses ))

James was dying down from his initial excitement by the time they'd left harbor, setting to work instead on drawing over the sails and tying the mast cord down. He was drawn away by Arthur's voice, finishing his bark knot to head up towards the master nest. He couldn't help but smile when offered the wheel, eagerly heading up. "Ain't that hard now that we've hit open water.", he laughed good naturedly. "But gladly! We're headed east yeah? I'll keep her northeast at 45 to avoid the colder waters...waves there 'll tear up the hull if we get too close.", he warned, a knowledgeable sailor himself. Of course, this was mostly since he'd read about sea travel for years now. Reading wasn't something that many 'commoners' could do, but his father's father had worked at a press, which in turn meant he could teach James. It wasn't long before the boy had developed an intense love for reading- he might have even become a scholar instead if he'd taken the initiative. But again, it was too constricting a field for him.

"Where are we bound anyway? Or is it a surprise?", he mused. He got distracted in staring off toward the horizon, and nearly allowed the axis to turn, the winds picking up. He snapped out of it when he heard Arthur remark on it, face flushing in embarrassment at his carelessness. "Right, sorry-", he was struggling to turn the axis again, the strong gust making the sail snap to and fro, until suddenly he felt a taller, more firm presence behind him, and strong arms reaching around his slim frame to take hold and correct the position. His freckled cheeks flushed darker then, James struggling not to lean back against the presence instinctively. He wouldn't deny that it felt nice; Arthur was a strong fellow, ruggedly handsome... James simply he kept his mouth shut as he lingered there, not daring to disturb the moment.
(haha rili thanks for that. and frankly a large part about navigation would be rested on your side i'm afraid... LOL i'd add in whenever i can.)

"huh you are proving yourself right as a great asset on board." Arthur raised an eyebrow at the knowledge James had demonstrated. "that's all correct. Eastward first, then we're heading down to a small island i've stumbled upon long ago." He released his hands entirely to let James control it. "Hey watch out on that axis!"

Seeing James' struggle, Arthur leant a helping hand help steadying the axis. He watched intently on the wind, the sail, and everything to have things under control again. His arms wrapped loosely around the smaller guy, essnetially hugging him in his arms. James was surprisingly warm, and although he was just a litltle taller than him, he could quite comfortably wrap around him.

"....where we are going, it wasn't far from that incident i mentioned to you about the selkie. It was a heavenly little island, with a lovely spring in the middle. I'd want to set sail there first." He finally set once the vessel was stabilized, and again released his grip on wheel. He looked down at James and suddenly realised how close they were standing. "Oh, sorry." he took a small step back and placed his hands on his waist. "hmm, looks like the winds are also on our side, blowing us straight to our destination." he smiled, his face even more vibrant than usual in the thrill of another adventure - one that involved only himself and this young lad that he had grown very fond of.
James couldn't help but quip despite his flushed face. "What did I tell you about apologizing?", he chuckled, glancing back at the other. "Do ye hope ta find 'im, then? The Selkie from before?", he asked curiously. "What'll ye do if he turns up?", he inquired, finding his companion's smile to be contagious. Pretty soon he was beaming too, a brisk chuckle escaping him. "Even the winds? Must be fate 's drivin' tha sails today.", he mused. "Got this feelin' we'll find something fantastic there."
"Oh old habits... or bad habits from the old fashioned sense of 'etiquette'." Arthur chuckled at how James really didnt like apologies. "Hmm, i am not sure myself. Maybe... maybe I would say thank you? It's been a long time ago... maybe we wont recgojise each other even if we so happen come face to face again." He shook hishead. "But either way, let's see where fate land us." He said and went on to ruffle James'unruly hear of curls. His thick head of hair was soft and Arthur was already quite liking the touch of it.
(( im a little brain dead atm lol, are you okay with another skip, or do you have any ideas for some more interaction? ))
(Haha well we could have them head off to th3 island right away. Hmm, would it be oto quick if we do the reveal of James' true identity on the island?)
(( Nah, I'm down for that lol. Can you maybe start it? I've been seriously lacking motivation but I don't wanna just drop the thread ))
(lol yea sure, no problem. haha lol for some reasons i do appreciate you telling me you are a littlle lacking in motivation but still want to continue wtih this ;))

The journey was as smooth as it can be. Arthur took the sail most of the time, but with how smooth the sea was and the wind help guiding them through it, their hands were free enough that they had plent of times together. James had again impressed Arthur with the nautical skills he demonstrated, and with him so helpful on board, it was easy to control this light little vessel.

As they approached their destination, Arthur was more excited. He knew the island from 2 passing times of visiting. he felt like several spot on it was familiar, but never quite managed to locate the exact place where he was rescued by the selkie - indeed, he couldn't determine if this was THAT island or not.

As they lowered the anchor, there was something that was blocking it from sinking deep. "I'll go check out. You stay on board." he said while he removed his shirt. Taking the dive effortlessly, he dove deep to check the mess of rock at the seabed.

"This isn't a good place. Can you pull up the anchor? we can try another place." Arthur resurfaced before swimming towards the shore, not bothering to board again now that they were so close.

The anchor was reeling up and Arthur was in a pretty relaxed mood. The sun was nice, the tides gentle. He enjoyed his time and made several dives in this clear water - until something didn't quite feel right and within seconds, he was pulled into an undercurrent. It trapped his body. Arthur tried his hardest to swim away from it, but the pull was strong and Arthur wasn't sure he had enough strenght with him half choking already.

"j-jam..." he managed, but that was so weak he didn't think the young man would have heard on board.
James had no reason to fret when Arthur decided to go out alone; he was a seasoned sailor- quite a large bloak as well, tall and broad-shouldered. However, that didn't mean he was untouchable to the ocean. James knew that better than anyone. No matter how much experience a human might have, the currents and tides could be unpredictable, and send even the best under to a watery grave. He knew they must have been above a reef, the corals preventing the anchor from weighting in safely. An easily fixed problem; he simply pulled in a bit further to bypass the underwater growths. Unfortunately, high tide was in, so he had to account for what would definitely be much less water later on. It also meant he kept an eye on Arthur. The violently rolling undercurrents were easy to get trapped into, and if one wasn't cautious, they'd be pushed under and battered against the reefs. James watched the older man as he dropped anchor once more, this time feeling it confidently sink into the sand below. He was about to call out to Arthur, until the man disappeared underwater in a sudden swell of the tide. "Arthur!", he shouted, watching carefully for him to resurface. He didn't. James didn't waste time. It was instantaneous when he ripped off his shirt, kicked off his shoes, and grappled the barnacle rope down into the blue waves. Suddenly, he was violently pushed into a torrent of water, barely having any control of where he was going. That's when it was obvious; the churning currents were creating a gyre somewhere nearby, a rather large one at that.

He grew increasingly angry when his human body proved useless in the buffeting waters, his awkwardly thin limbs doing nothing to help. He needed to shift- else, Arthur might suffer a gruesome fate. He shut his eyes and willed the transformation to come, easy as breathing. He felt so much more comfortable, so much freer when he was finally in his true skin. He was an adolescent seal, smaller than usual. A sleek brown body with light speckles on his pelt, big black eyes and a fray of whiskers at his jowls. He could move so much easier then, maneuvering the currents like a knife through butter. He sped off, tracking Arthur and eventually finding him trapped in the eddie, which was growing quickly into a gyre. James didn't hesitate to bite down on Arthur's shirt, pulling him along until he felt arms grapple onto him. He could let go then, speeding off with the other clinging onto him. Upon making it to shore, he shot up onto the sand with ease, though immediate confliction suddenly overtook him.

How was he supposed to transform back now?? He'd give himself away, if he hadn't already. He remained as a seal for now, unsure and mildly afraid. He watched Arthur cough and splutter on the sand from a small distance away, debating on slipping back into the ocean and waiting for a better time to return, likely giving some excuse for his absence as a human.
As a sailor he knew he couldn't panicked no matter how painful his lungs were with lack of air. He tried to stay still and heard what he needed to hear: the plunge made by someone, causing that splash that could hardly be missed. He waited and tried to keep himself as afloat as possible, but the current was fierce and he felt like it was impossible.... now he dreaded for James to come. No one could pull another one out from this gyre, this was the end... and all that he could hope for was for James to escape from this.

He could vaguely made out the shadow from afar, swimming closer to him. He waved his arm in the water attempting to send the message through. He couldn't drag James into this, the young man didn't deserve to suffer the same fate as him...but then, what approached him wasn't even James. It was a seal.... The seal came close and the next moment, he could feel the pull on the collar of his undershirt. The animal was swimming fast. he could feel the flapping of his strong, muscular tail. Instinctively he grabbed onto the streamlined body, holding onto the seal tight as they sped forward.

Air was such a sweet blessing. Arthur couldn't stop coughing, his lungs were still screaming, but he knew he was safe now. Arthur wasn't his inexperienced self back then, and soon enough he was looking at the seal, waiting so innocently on the beach. His large eyes reminded him of someone... and so did his speckles. He coughed some more while sitting up, still eyeing the seal.

"Hm... " he cleared his throat when the last of the bittersalt water was coughed out. "Y-you... you are James, aren't you?" he said looking at the seal with bright eyes. Now the dots started connecting... that was why James had been so curious about those selkie stories. It also explained how docile he was, how naturally inclined to water he was... there could only be one explanation. "Come here. it's perfectly fine. Wow, what a fool i am to be worried when you dived into the water that time." he chuckled recalling the time when they had taken a rest in one of the stops - he was actually worried James couldn't handle the current. what an idiot he was....

He shook his head and started laughing. "Come on. There's no hiding of those speckles." he looked at the shining coat under the sun. it was unbeilevable he had been travelling with this lovely creature the whole time.

(i just recalled we'd briefly discussed the possibility of Arthur discovering his selkie-identity when the pregnancy was discovered LOLLL haha so what now... hmm, err, hv them hv some intimacy soon? then maybe hv Arthur bringing him back to his own home town and in the middle of that sail, he found out about the pregnancy?)
(( Oh oops lol all well. I mean, James will likely still hide the pregnancy as long as possible anyways. He's still afraid Arthur would abandon him if he knew. I think there would be a good chance for intimacy soon if James brings Arthur back to the ship to rest after nearly drowning, he'll probably try to take care of him for the rest of the day. It could lead to some more than friendly interaction ? ))

James had stopped to watch Arthur, mostly in awe. He wasn't afraid, nor was he keen on capturing him for any unsavory purpose; rather, he was accepting of the realization. The Selkie felt safe then, he felt a warmth spread over him that surpassed whatever the pale sun offered on his sleek pelt. His whiskers twitched, then he shot back into the water.

He couldn't transform back, not in front of Arthur. He would have been bare naked if he did, so he decided to retreat for some clothing first, even though he would have to make the swim back again. But wet clothes were better than none. It hadn't even been twelve minutes by the time he returned, his adept swimming skill showing painfully obvious now that he wasn't hiding it. James pulled himself up the small rock shelf, brunette curls plastered against his skin, sopping wet. His clothes were soaked through, clinging to his thin frame, and his cheeks were bright red from the cold waters.

"I suppose there's no hidin' it anymore. Now y know why I was so keen on comin' along.", he laughed awkwardly, brown gaze peering curiously at Arthur. "Are you okay? You look pale.", he huffed, heading over and wordlessly leaning his head against Arthur's chest, listening for any rasping or other signs of water in his lungs. He seemed fine, though, James knew that didn't mean he /was/. "Do you want me to dock closer so you can board and rest? Just to be sure you don't catch cold.", he offered, though when he felt Arthur's gaze still on him, his skin prickled.

"I don't want you to see me differently now that you know what I am...I'm still /me/.", he muttered, freckled cheeks flushed pink.
(haha yea, let's keep that hiding his bump thingy. and sure thing they could develop intimacy now... well, it's been maybe a few months since they knew each other now? ;) time to start babymaking!)

The seal - or selkie to be accurate - tilted his head to one side in the cutest way possible, with his whiskers twitching like he was contemplating something real hard. At least that's what Arthur thought when he suddenly nudged his way back into the water, slipping into the waves seamlessly.

He wondered what was wrong - he didn't think he had said anything that would offend James... he was beautiful in his seal form, but there were striking resemblance if you looked hard enough. He waited, coughing some more and shivered when the feeble sunray proved unsufficient to keep himself warm. He waited and then there were sounds of splashing - the lean young man had returned, in human form.

"Hello." he smiled looking at him. still sitting on the rocky beach, Arthur rested his hands casually on his knees. He joined in the laugh, but his was way more natural. "well yea, I'm surprised you didn't leap straight into the water that first time we set sail out of the harbor... it should be great temptation to you, right?"

he shook his head, about to reassure James he was fine.. then he saw that messy mob of hair appearing right on his chest. this young man, so docile and innocent, was pressing his head so close to him. he hoped his heartbeat didn't betray how affected he was by this gesture...

he looked deep into his eyes. Those wet, brown eyes were so sincere. he again shook his head, this time slowly. "I will be fine... as long as i'm holding onto you." he smiled wrapping his arms around the smaller "man". "You're enough to keep me warm." there was something in his muttering that hinted something more....

he staggered his way back up, his hand still holding onto James' lean waist as they again made their way back onto the ship. however, much to his embarrassment, the moment they boarded again, Arthur couldn't quite stop the coughing as the seabreeze brought away his warmth. 
James couldn't help the heat that crept over his cheeks as Arthur suddenly held him closer, the male instantly sinking against the broad chest. He didn't take much note of his pounding heart, passing it off as adrenaline from the recent scare. But then, there was the way Arthur seemed to be a bit more physical with him that had him questioning his intentions. It didnt exactly bother James; he'd had a bit of feeling for the ruggedly handsome man since he first met him.

Upon boarding, he was snapped from these rather improper thoughts when Arthur began to cough. He furrowed his brows and guided the other to his quarters, shutting the door behind them. "You're freezing...those wet clothes are doing you no good. Go ahead and change into something dry. I'll find you something warm to drink.", he fretted, brows knitting as he searched for a comfortable change of clothes for Arthur. A loose shirt and cotton deck trousers would suffice for now. He layed them out for him before abruptly leaving, likely to seek out that drink, and probably something light for him to eat to regain his stability. Upon returning he found Arthur changed and sitting in bed, much to his relief. At least the man knew his limits. Cup of tea and a few biscuits on a platter in hand, he set the tray down on the bedside table, preparing his tea to taste with sugar and cream, before handing it over carefully. He sat down on the edge of the bed then, brown gaze looking remorseful.

He faltered for a moment, before continuing. "I should have warned you.", he mumbled suddenly, positively cowed at the idea that Arthur could get sick due to his wrecklessness. "I saw the waves' ripples going squared, I knew an eddie was nearby but I figured you'd bypass it.", he sighed, lowering his gaze to idly study the low collar of his shirt. He couldn't help himself as he reached out, palm pressing gently against his broad chest, fingers lightly brushing over the hot skin. "I know it's not a big deal, but I am sorry. And until I'm positive you'll be okay I won't stop being sorry.", he smiled slightly, gaze flitting back up to the other's beautiful sea blue gaze. "You probably don't want me doting on you, but is there anything I can do?"
There was this subtle change in their dynamics, which Arthur was secretly quite enjoying it. Seeing the young man - selkie, pardon his mistake - blush like that was certainly indicative of something. It was so pleasant spending time with James, as in the last few months, that he was beginning to notice the changes in his feelings. He dared not think too much about what that would signify, for that was a very controversial and taboo idea, but his adventurous nature encouraged further pursue, no matter what the consequences would be.

He watched James motherhening him. An easy smile danced on his lips watching him going back and forth in the room to take care of him. WIth him slipping out of the room, Arthur got up to change himself, his wet clothes puddled up at at the corner. "Hmm, thanks." he thanked James taking over the tea he had offered, sipping bit by bit while James fell silent.

"Hey... who's the one saying apologizing is nonsense?" he smiled overlappign his hand on the one James placed on his chest. "and who says I don't want you doting on me... i find that rather comforting. I'm SO MUCH in need of that tender caring..." he teased looking straight into James' innocent brown eyes. "And you're doign such a good job... i don't want you to leave me. How about you sit with me for awhile. Does luring me to sleep sounds good?" he smiled laying down onto the bed, bringing James with him still holding his hand. "Then we can discuss a little more about your.. identity." he smiled at James. "You little liar...." he said fondly, poking on James' cheeks. "I had been fooled all that time..." he sighed and scooped himself closer to James. "So are there any traits of a seal that could be seen on you now? in your human form?" he asked curiously, his eyes searching for features that might differentiate them ... and as a result, his gaze was travelling up and down James' lean body.
The Selkie was torn in confliction; the way Arthur was speaking to him, touching him, it hardly seemed like they were simple companions anymore. But he said nothing, accepting it and lying with Arthur obediently, "If that's what you'd like, of course.", he mused, going quiet when his identity was mentioned again. He inwardly sighed; he'd hoped to avoid that. He didn't want to be seen any different because of his odd species; he was still just as mortal, still the same James as when Arthur believed he was human. Though, he did become more light-hearted when the other teased him, a smile tugging at his lips. "It's not exactly a hard thing to lie about. We look just like you... And, our change in appearance is fully controlled.", he said pointedly, though when Arthur drew closer, so did James. He was drawn to the warmth, the strong body so close to him, a feeling of being protected. He lay with his hand splayed lazily across Arthur's chest, their legs nearly overlapping as they curled close. He shut his eyes and hummed softly to think, before shaking his head. "No.", his face flushed, watching that lovely blue gaze take in his body. "I guess the only similarity is the freckles. But, if you still think I'm a liar, you're welcome to check yourself.", he quipped, pulse quickening with his bold humor.
Arthur's eyes widened momentarily for the bold offer - and rose up to the challenge immediate with the tempatation. Surely if that was offered by the selkie, he would not shy away from it - sailors were brave and curious souls. "Well if you let me on the offer, I shall not turn you down." He smirk with a twinkle of mischief shining his his blue eyes. "Show me everything you possess, James." he pushed himself up to his elbow, looking at the clothes that hugged his slim body. He reached over to peel away the loose shirt he had on, removing the white linen from his smooth shoulder, removing more of his pale skin.

He ran his finger across the bare chest of the selkie, lingering a while on his nipple that appeared almost pinkish on his fair skin. Along his sternum, he made his way towards his naval and lower abdomen. The selkie was lean but strong, evident from the distinct lines of muscle he was seeing. He pried down his slacks, pushing it down and hummed when his peachy bottom posed some hinderance to him fully undressing the selkie, though the hum was not of annoyance but of appreciation.

He flashed a quick smile at James, showing his canine as he stripped the selkie of his last piece of garment, playfulness dancing in his eyes. Pushing open his knees, he made his way to the most intimate part of the young man. 

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Destiny Knows No Cessation (Closed with PoppedBB, graphic content warning) PregnantTyler 6 3,726 02-05-2020, 05:27 AM
Last Post: PregnantTyler
  The Dairy Debt (closed with DragonKnight) SnowWolf 11 3,485 11-15-2019, 01:27 AM
Last Post: DragonKnight
  Fur and claws. (Closed with BandOfMisfits.) SilentFeather 20 4,144 11-07-2019, 11:10 AM
Last Post: SilentFeather
  O Detective Conan X PKMN (Mpreg rp CLOSED w/Anime Ninshin-chan) Bloobloobedoo27 46 7,821 09-26-2019, 11:48 AM
Last Post: Ninshinluvr
  C Arranged or destiny (closed w/AegonAustin) bhdire8 161 24,172 09-17-2019, 08:43 AM
Last Post: AegonAustin
  True love. (Closed with bhdire8.) SilentFeather 786 89,912 09-09-2019, 05:29 PM
Last Post: SilentFeather
  Labor and Delivery Roleplay - Permanently Closed BabyDoctor 48 13,241 09-04-2019, 08:41 AM
Last Post: Choruku
  C Primal Urge (Closed with PregnantTyler) Klayko 61 14,235 08-24-2019, 09:45 PM
Last Post: PregnantTyler
  The Interview (Closed w/RedThunderYellowSky) Klayko 3 3,090 08-19-2019, 12:43 AM
Last Post: SimonBrownMpreg
  C Trying to Save the City w/ bhdire8 lxcttrll 195 24,761 08-02-2019, 10:47 AM
Last Post: bhdire8