Closed Heat Waves || Closed
Closed with Whoknows
Taking another bite of the pizza, Virgil's eyebrows rose as Amelia talked about where she worked. It was pretty evident by the way her eyes lit up and the tone in her voice that this was something she was seriously passionate about. "Wow, that sounds like a pretty successful business. Is managing your forte or do you have a knack for cooking as well?" he asked curiously, before shaking his head quickly. "That's not to say I don't appreciate the pizza! I was just wondering- I've never been much of a cook myself. Usually I would just order out."

It was strange, most definitely an unusual position for him to be in, to have Amelia so adamantly and genuinely wanting to help him. It was enough to make his eyes sting with hot tears for the second time tonight. Setting his pizza down, Virgil wiped his face again with the sleeve of his hoodie again, letting out a frustrated groan at the inability to contain his emotions. "Sorry-" he started, nose sniffling unattractively. "It's just been awhile since someone's been so helpful."
[Image: UXpL7lx.png]

By what right does the wolf judge the lion?"

Amelia chuckled,” I picked up some cooking skills but ,funnily enough, I couldn’t cook loads of meals when I started my job”. She started thinking about the days when her grandmother would bake with her and when her dad taught her to cook a roast dinner for the first time- these were a few of the only things she knew how to cook anyway. “At the moment, I haven’t cooked in ages, simply because I live alone and have been too tired to” she smiled wearily.

Amelia’s heart broke at the sight of Virgil crying,”oh no! Don’t cry darling” she -almost- cooed. She found that whenever someone cried, she tended to use nicknames like sweetheart and darling, sometimes she wondered if she got it off of her grandmother who often did the same.

She moved forward and wrapped her arms around him, bringing him into a hug. “You didn’t deserve what happened to you” she muttered into his ear whilst rubbing his back. Amelia held him as he continued to cry, almost as if he hadn’t in months.
Virgil nodded as Amelia spoke, he had a basic understanding of cooking for the most part but once he'd started living on his own it was pretty much whatever he could by cheap. Ordering pizza, like Amelia had done tonight, was a very familiar dinner for him. "I get that," he commented with a small shrug. "Living alone, it was just easier to go for whatever was easiest or fastest." It was almost a relief to see that despite their difference in status it seemed the two of them might have a few things in common.

It was a slight surprise when Amelia leaned forward and wrapped her arms around him soothingly. Part of him wanted to hold back and strong around her, like despite everything that happened to him lately he was just fine. Of course that wasn't exactly the truth, and the moment he was shown a little bit of comfort he broke down. Wrapping his arms around her in turn, he couldn't help practically sobbing to her shoulder.

It almost seemed like forever, when in reality it was only a few moments, before Virgil pulled away awkwardly. His emotional meltdown over for now, leaving his cheeks and eyes red and wet. Looking towards the wet patch of tears he'd left on her shoulder, Virgil made a face as he wiped at it- as if that would made it dry fast. "I'm sorry," he started. "That's gross."

Amelia looked at his glassy eyes and practically felt her insides turn into mush, seeing someone cry was a definite weakness of hers. She always felt bad when she saw tears and just wanted to help, she understood that sometimes people felt embarrassed or uncomfortable crying around others but she honestly struggled to not comfort people- it was like a natural reaction.

She couldn’t help but frown when Virgil apologised,”it’s fine, it can’t be helped”. She gave him a slight pat on the back before standing up,”I’ll let you finish your pizza and shower but I’m going to change into my pyjamas and see if I have any oversized clothes that you can wear” she said. Amelia made her way into her bedroom, finding her pyjamas on her bed, she changed into them. Now she just had to find something for Virgil, she opened up her wardrobe and searched through it, when she finally found a shirt -she didn’t have any large trousers- she laid it on the bed.
Wiping away the tears, feeling the slight pat against his back, Virgil couldn't help but offer Amelia s quick smile. It kinda felt good to be able to smile for the first time in awhile. "Thanks again," he added quickly, before she moved away. "I mean for the food and... Well I guess just kinda listening." A nod of his head, Virgil's mood brightened a little bit at the reminder of having a shower, watching her walk away with a light sigh before shaking his head free of the lovely woman.

Relaxed, it didn't take him very long to finish the piece of pizza that had been left on his plate, forgotten about during his emotional melt down earlier. Satisfied and full he managed to get up and start the adventure that was finding a bathroom in this maze of a house. Walking down the hallway and peeking into open rooms until, finally, he found it. A quick search of the bathroom, he was able to find folded towels in a large cabinet inside and set two out before he undressed to get into the shower.

The warm water felt great against his skin, and Virgil admitted he probably stayed in the shower longer than necessary. Fingers all wrinkly when he stepped out. Virgil grabbed one of the two towels and wrapped it around his waist, having to tuck it underneath the swell of his stomach- much more noticeable without his layers of clothes and rather obvious on his rather thin form. The other towel his picks up and rubs against his hair to dry it, examining the changes to his body in his reflection in the mirror.

Amelia laid on her bed for a good ten to fifteen minutes before deciding to move, she guessed that Virgil had used the downstairs bathroom as she didn’t hear him come upstairs, plus, she left the door for that specific bathroom open. She made her way downstairs and knocked on the occupied bathroom door,”Virgil! I have a clean shirt for you!” She called out. She opened the door, just enough for her arm to fit through and closed her eyes, hearing a slight groan and couldn’t help but let out a giggle. The shirt was a lovely shade of pink and Amelia thought it was hilarious considering that when they met he seemed all manly and slightly rude. “I’m sorry but you might have to sleep in your pants, I don’t have any bigger sizes and yours need to be washed”.

Amelia skipped back to the front room and sat back on the couch, waiting for her guest to return. Well guest soon roommate, she hadn’t given up on the idea just yet. Perhaps he feels guilty about money or something, it’s not like she couldn’t give him a job at one of her restaurants.
Thoroughly distracted with himself, the knock on the bathroom door startled him, letting out a noise of surprise as he pulled the towel for his hair across his front incase she walked in. Amelia didn't though, opening the door just enough to snake her arm through with a shirt between her fingers. Glancing critically at the pink fabric she was offering to him, he wasn't able to stop the groan from leaving. It wasn't like he had much of a choice in the matter however, and he knew his own clothes could use a wash dearly. Reaching out he took the fabric into his own hands and held it out to himself, worried even the largest shirt she owned would cling tightly to his skin. "Ah," he was able to get out, still examining the pink shirt, dubious about it fitting. "Thanks, that's not a problem. I appreciate you finding a shirt for me anyway. I'll be out in a minute."

Watching her disappear from the doorway, Virgil reached out and shut the door quietly behind her. Figuring he was as dried off as he was going to get, he slipped back into his pants and went about testing the shirt. It fit, for the most part anyway, tight against the back of shoulders but not quite as tightly as he'd originally presumed. The swell of his lower belly was a little more obvious than the clothes he'd been wearing but not too noticeably. A bit more fiddling with his attire, Virgil finally exited the bathroom and returned out the way he came.

The sight of Amelia back on the couch in her pajamas was a good one, bringing a light smile to his face as he approaches. Despite their first impression he found himself relaxed and comfortable in her presence now. "Thanks for that," he comments, hand brushing through his damp hair. "I feel a lot better." Motioning towards the pizza box and glasses of water, Virgil glanced towards the radiant woman. "You want some help cleaning up?"

Amelia knew it was wrong but she couldn’t help but glance at Virgil’s muscular thighs, he seemed to be in good shape especially as he was on the streets for a while. His hair also looked silky now- it was still wet but… y’know. She looked down wearily at the messy table next to her and sighed,”yes please”, and so they each grabbed some of the rubbish and disposed of them.

When they had finished and settled back in the couch, Amelia couldn’t help but notice Virgil’s dripping hair and smirked to herself. “Hey, Virgil” she called out,”can I please dry your hair with my hairdryer, I promise it’ll be fun” she begged.
It doesn't take the two of them very long to put everything away, tossing things in the rubbish bin while putting the cups into the dishwasher- so much easier than doing them by had as he'd had to when living in his apartment. The kitchen was large, plenty of space to move about and hold whatever appliance one might need. It was understandable why Amelia would enjoy cooking so much in here- though also a little sad that she never really had an excuse to use it when it was just her in the home. "Do you want me to make breakfast?" Virgil asked suddenly on their way back to the living room, before coughing awkwardly and rubbing at the back of his head. "I mean, in the morning of course. As thanks for letting me stay the night."

Amelia's question catches him off guard slightly and he brings a hand up to touch at his hair, pulling a strand in front of his face as if looking at it for the first time. "You want to dry my hair?" he repeats, brows furrowed slightly. It wasn't that he didn't want his hair blown dried but rather he'd never experienced it before. "I don't mind." Though his eyes look at her with skeptic curiosity. "It's not going to make it poof is it? Like a poodle?"

Amelia thought about it before answering with a “hmm, only if you want to”, she truly didn’t mind if he did or not but she didn’t want him to feel as if he had to. He kind of reminded her of the younger version of herself, when she first learned to cook, she always made breakfast after spending the night at her friends apartment. Clearly these are two different scenarios but it just reminded her of the past.

Amelia laughed at the sight of Virgil’s face,”it shouldn’t, if I do it correctly”. She grabbed his hand and pulled him all the way into her bedroom, where she dropped his hand and quickly rushed to grab a dirty pile of clothes and dump them in the wash basket. “Alright, ignore the mess and sit on my bed whilst I get the hairdryer”, Amelia opened up the door of the bathroom connected to her bedroom and unplugged the device, plugging it back into a socket nearer her bed. She switched it on and smiled,” let’s do it”.
"I don't mind," Virgil assured with a small shrug. "It's the least I could do, really." Amelia seemed insistent that he wouldn't have to pay her back for her kindness but it felt right to at least do something to show he appreciated her efforts. "I'm not exactly the best cook but I can at least throw together an omelet or pancakes."

Amelia's hand pulls him again and he follows without hesitation, being lead into a rather large bedroom that Amelia scrambled for a moment to clean. Not that she had to- Pierce had definitely spent time in much worse conditions. "This is hardly a mess." Virgil speaks his thoughts with a chuckle. "Definitely not compared to places I've stayed at." Sitting on her bed, Virgil practically sinks into the soft mattress, having to fight the urge to lay right back and stretch out against the comfortable bed.

Moving so that his back faced Amelia, Virgil offered up his hair to her mercy. "Alright, have at it," he consented with a nod and a light grin. "Just know that I'm putting my full trust in you. I've never had this done before. I used to have a friend that trimmed my hair for me when it was needed."

Running her hand through Virgil’s hair, Amelia laughed at his comment,”I promise I will do my best” she joked, faking seriousness. She grabbed a clean hairbrush and started to dry his hair, using the hairbrush to hold onto the hair that was being targeted. In no time, his hair was dry and silkier than it originally was, Amelia grinned at her work and ran her hand through his hair,”all done”. She laid back on her bed, watching as Virgil wandered over to a mirror and had a look.

She snuggled closer to her pillow, enjoying the feel of it against her face and felt herself becoming sleepy, she yawned before sitting back up,”where are you going to sleep? I have 3 spare bedrooms” she asked. The bedrooms were alright but they seemed to not be as homey as the rest of the house mainly because the rooms weren’t lived in. “I’m so tired” Amelia said, whilst yawning.
It felt good, amazing almost, having someone running their hands through his hair in careful strokes. Virgil could certainly understand, now, why people would enjoy a trip to the saloon. When she was finished, Virgil couldn't help but run his own fingers through the hair- immediately feeling the difference. He almost could stop himself from standing, leaning into the mirror as he went to look for visual differences. "Wow." He was unable to contain the exclamation as he saw his reflection. "It looks great. Definitely not what I was expecting."

The sound of a yawn coming from Amelia brought Virgil's attention back to the woman, having curled herself up on top of the bed. "Oh-" Vigril glances around as if he could see the bedrooms from where he stood. "I was assuming I'd take the couch." Amelia yawns again and after a few moments Virgil couldn't help but follow her actions; the contagiousness of yawning. "I could definitely sleep right now," he agreed. The entire day had seemed like a whirlwind. Three bedrooms though... Virgil felt like he'd get lost. "Which bedroom's closest?"

“There’s one-“ she yawned again,”next door”. She stood up and led him towards the room, opening the door for him to see inside. “Is this to your liking?” Amelia asked, wanting him to be comfortable whilst he stayed the night. “Y’know if you were my roommate you could decorate your room” she added, smirking. She thought that adding that was rather sly and was actually quite proud of herself, “well, I’m tired and going to bed, goodnight” she called out.

Amelia watched Virgil look around the room before wandering back to her own. She went into her bathroom and began her nightly routine - brushing her teeth, washing her face and then using the toilet. After this, she turned on the lamp next to her bed before climbing under the duvet and stretching out. She had a fear of the dark and that’s why she turned on the lamp after turning the other lights off.
Virgil felt a little bad, watching Amelia pushing herself off the bed with another yawn, but followed her practically just around the corner. Amelia opened the door, revealing the rather plain, white bedroom to him- though it was still rather glamourous in it's own way it was clearly not used and decorated to anyone's taste. Eyes drawn towards the bed, Vigril couldn't wait to fall into it- large and spacious with more pillows than he'd ever owned. "It's perfect," he comments, stepping inside. Virgil glances back towards Amelia at her comment, cheeks strangely flush at the suggestion of being roommates came up once more. "Goodnight, Amelia." Virgil called back to her as she walked towards her own room, head turned over his shoulder from where he'd been examining the room to follow her motions.

Leaving the door opened, figuring it might be rude to just shut himself away after she'd been so generous, Virgil made his way over towards the bed. It looked oh-so comfortable and with him freshly showered it was too much temptation to resist as he buried himself beneath the covers with another yawn of his own. Grabbing one of the pillows from the head of the bed that he wasn't using, he clutched it tightly to his front as he shuffled in, the comment of being Amelia's roommate bouncing around his head. It really wasn't a bad offer, for Virgil anyway, but roommates were more permanent than letting someone stay a night or two- and becoming roommates would also mean telling Amelia about the baby. Her baby. Shaking the thoughts free from his head and burying his face into the pillow, he eventually was able to fall asleep.

Amelia couldn’t sleep. She had been tossing and turning for hours, excited for the next day - where she would be going to the dog shelter to buy a puppy. She had realised about an hour ago that she hadn’t told Virgil about her plans but she figured she would do it in the morning, she could invite him, actually. It seemed like a good idea.

Finally she decided to get out of bed and so she did, going stairs and into the kitchen, she tripped on literally nothing and giggled a little. Amelia switched on the kettle and got out her favourite mug to make herself a hot chocolate and when she had made it, she sat back on her couch and switched on a comedy film. Keeping the volume of the tv low as to not wake Virgil also meant that she had to try to stifle her laughs which made her want to laugh even more.
Virgil slept heavily throughout the night, hardly moving about at all- his whole body thankful for the comfort of an actual bed for once. When he finally awoke there was already sunlight peeking through the curtains of the bedroom he'd stayed in, eyes blinking heavily as he rolled over with a groan. He didn't want to move, and laid there for another good five minutes or so before his bladder would wait no longer and he stood and made his way to the same bathroom he'd used to have his shower that night. Slowly he was learning the layout of the house, at least this floor anyway.

Finally padding into the living room, the floor surprisingly warm beneath his bare feet, Virgil spotting Amelia cuddled against the corner of the couch, mug in hand while she watched something play on the TV in front of her. "Morning," Virgil greeted, rubbing the sleep from his eyes. "Sorry about breakfast," he added sheepishly while sitting on the other end of the couch. "I didn't think I'd sleep that long. Guess I needed it."

“It’s fine” Amelia chuckled,”we can go out for it”. She rose from the couch and stretched,”it’s only about 10 o’clock” she added after, she then went to put her mug by the kitchen sink, as she returned she stopped in front of where he was sitting,”would you want to come with me to buy a puppy?” She asked Virgil, almost sheepishly,”I meant to ask you last night but I guess I forgot”.

Amelia suddenly remembered that she washed Virgil’s clothes during the night and rushed to grab them from the dryer and handed them to him,”if you come you can wear your clothes again and maybe we should get you some new ones”. She then left to get herself showered and dressed, making sure to style her hair as well. Amelia made sure to dress smart, although she wasn’t very famous for her restaurants, she did get recognised often and so she made sure to look at least presentable.
Fighting a yawn, unsuccessfully, Virgil looked up towards Amelia as she stood in front of him. "A puppy?" He repeated, making sure he heard correctly. The request caught him a little off guard, seemingly coming out of left field, but for some reason Virgil grinned at the idea. "Yeah, I'd be happy to come with you. I love dogs." He waved off her sheepish expression, offering her a genuine smile. "Ah, don't worry about it. It's not like I had plans today," he added, chuckling at his own comment. "What kind of dog were you thinking about getting?"

Standing, Virgil reached his hand out to accept his newly cleaned clothes, enjoying the feel of their heat from the dryer and the fresh scent of laundry clinging to them. "I'll come, I'll come," Virgil assured with a light chuckle, looking over his clothes. They didn't look great; tears here and there with fringing ends. Still- at least they were clean now. "I could possibly accept anymore-" Virgil looked up, noticing that Amelia had already fluttered off to take her own shower. Shaking his head with a chuckle, Virgil retreated to the bedroom he'd stayed in to get out of the pink shirt she'd lent him and back into his loose, baggy attire.

Amelia thought for a while before answering,”I don’t mind what type of dog I get along as if they are a puppy” she paused,”I don’t think I could handle the death of an older one for a while”. Amelia also noticed the state of his clothes and couldn’t help but raise one of her perfect eyebrows,”well accept it anyways”.

When she came downstairs she expected to see Virgil down before her, at the realisation that he was still getting changed, she couldn’t help but smirk. How ironic. She made sure to grab one of her Chanel bags and put her purse, car keys and a phone charger in - just in case her phone died. All that she could do now is wait for Virgil to come back down.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  C Man of my (wicked) dreams. [Closed with SilentFeather] Nitrogen 209 14,593 Yesterday, 01:44 AM
Last Post: SilentFeather
  O Dear Mr. Teacher (closed with justpush) Ashes 23 1,382 04-26-2024, 10:12 PM
Last Post: justpush
  C Big surprise!!(closed with whoknows) Ne0281 42 2,977 04-05-2024, 12:19 PM
Last Post: Ne0281
  C Secret love (Closed with Whoknows) Littleittyboy 169 9,004 04-02-2024, 12:04 PM
Last Post: Whoknows
  C Sweet Like Honey [Closed with Thoughtless] AnonysaurusRex 28 1,647 02-20-2024, 01:38 AM
Last Post: AnonysaurusRex
  C Unexpectedly Unexpected [closed with whoknows] xxjadeexx 17 1,086 11-26-2023, 04:49 PM
  C The Pregnant Alien's Omega (closed with dork95) Plutexian Mpregger 86 7,381 10-14-2023, 09:35 PM
Last Post: Plutexian Mpregger
  C Emu mpreg (closed with ZealousEmu369 ( Roselockheart 22 842 08-18-2023, 10:29 PM
Last Post: Roselockheart
  C A Good Education. (closed with dolria1) Whoknows 126 7,617 08-17-2023, 10:07 PM
  C Werewolf Bred (Closed with Littleittyboy) DrinkToMeOnlyWithThineEyes 83 4,641 08-02-2023, 04:41 PM
Last Post: Littleittyboy