Closed Single Parent AU (Closed with xxjadeexx)
Shadow knew that being a single father wasn't going to be easy but that wasn't going to stop him, even without a partner. But now that he his due date was nearly upon him he found himself growing anxious about the delivery of his child.
Name: Shadow Robotnik
Description: (Optional for Canon characters): https://inkbunny.net/s/2226542
Brief history: (Optional for Canon characters): Shadow had moved in with roommate(s) shortly after becoming pregnant via a sperm donor
Pregnant or not? And if so how far along: 9 months
Number of Babies: 2 (Doesn't know about the second baby yet)
Single or Taken?: Single (He's Aroace in this AU)

{STORY}

Shadow sat on the sofa he shared with his roommate late one night, the TV was on at a low volume so as to not wake anyone up but the hedgehog was barely paying any attention to it. His vacant gaze was set on the coffee table that stood in front of the couch but his thoughts were racing a million miles a second due to the anxiety that had been growing at the back of his mind for the past few weeks, of course he was happy to finally become a dad but he was also scared. What if something went wrong? What if he lost his child after everything he had gone through to bring them into the world?

He sighs and gently rests a hand on his stomach, he couldn't stand the thought of anything happening to the little baby that he already loved so much...
I don't do sexual content, it makes me extremely uncomfortable as I am asexual.
Void sat on the couch with Shadow and he was snacking on some chips that he was sharing with the pregnant hedgehog. His full attention was on the television screen, continuously crunching away on each chip Void ate and he even offered the hedgehog the bag of chips too.

Void looked at Shadow curiously, he noticed he looked worried and he asked the hedgehog, “Are you ok, Shadow?”

Name: Void.
Description: Void is a grey furred hedgehog who is all about goth. He wears a lot of eyeliner and copies Shadow’s eye patterns as inspiration, he has dyed the ends of his quills a dark purple and his eyes are the colour yellow as well. He rocks the fur collar like Silver’s but fluffier and Void’s fur is black. He has an irregular long tail. His arms and legs have a gradient at the elbow from grey to black. His clothing is a simple leotard with cameo cargo pants. His gloves are leather fingerless gloves with spiked bracelets and his shoes are black Nike sneakers. He spots spiked anklets as well and he has three studs in both ears.
Brief History: Void is the roommate of Shadow and used to live with another person that was Void’s ex-boyfriend.
Pregnant or not: Not pregnant.
Single or Taken?: Single (Void is gay.)
Shadow accepts a few of the chips that Void offered, absent mindedly munching away at them while he was lost in his thoughts "Hm? Oh, yeah. It's just pre-parenthood jitters I guess, I'm over thinking again" He responds, clearly forcing a smile despite his anxiety.
Void smiled slightly at Shadow’s response and he said back to him, “You don’t have to force yourself to smile, Shadow. You’re allowed to feel whatever emotion in my crib ok? Now what’s on your mind? Tell your best friend what is eating you up?” Void asked his best friend and he turned off the television to give Shadow his full attention.
Shadow sighs and allows his smile to fall away "I'm afraid of something happening to my baby...I'm scared of doing something wrong that could get them hurt or worse" He says anxiously, now starting to fidget a bit where he sat. Despite the normally calm and reserved exterior he usually wore around others, the hedgehog was actually very anxious and insecure under the surface.
“I don’t think anything is happening to your baby, Shadow. You’re just really close to giving birth to them.” Void said back to Shadow happily and he noticed he started to fidget about. He got closer to Shadow and he frowned his eyebrows worriedly at his best friend. “Hey hey, Shadow. Shh, it’s ok. I’m here, your best friend Void is here.” Void said back to the pregnant hedgehog calmly, he wrapped his arms around Shadow gently and hugged him until he calmed down slightly.
Shadow hugs back and sighs as he relaxes a bit "Thanks, Void. I needed that" He smiles at his best friend a bit, it was times like this that made him glad that he didn't live alone anymore. While he sometimes still missed living with Rouge he knew that she had a family of her own now and he didn't want to impose on his surrogate sister's family, especially now that he had his own baby on the way.
Void smiled when he sensed and felt that his best friend had calmed down slightly From his hug. He lets go of Shadow and he said back to him, “It’s no problem Shadow. I know you needed it and you don’t have to ask me for hugs anymore. You need them, you got it and I’ll give you the biggest hug I can ever give you.” He smiled at Shadow happily and it made him extremely happy that his best friend can easily calm down around him.
"You're the best, y'know that?" Shadow chuckles, it felt good to have someone that he could open up around and be himself with "I'm lucky to have a good friend like you and my baby will be lucky to have you as a godfather" The hedgehog grins at his best friend, dropping that important information on him.
“I am the best and I do know it, Shadow. I’ll be the best godfather ever to your baby! Wait… what?! You’re making me the godfather?!” Void asked his best friend out of shock and happiness.
"Of course, who else would I pick?" Shadow smiles at Void "We could go with honorary uncle instead if you'd like" He says, now seeming much more relaxed than he had been at the start of their conversation.
“I don’t know. Maybe Sonic or Silver.” Void said back to the hedgehog as he smiled back at him happily, he looked back at him happily and he said back to Shadow again, “I’d be the best uncle for your kid.”
"Oh you definitely will be, that's why I picked you to be my baby's godfather" Shadow replies happily "I'm sure the baby is going to love having you as an uncle"
Void gave Shadow another gentle hug and he smiled happily after the hedgehog said that. “I’m glad to hear that, Shadow and I will always promise to be here for you and your baby.” Void responded back to his best friend happily.
"I'm glad, we're lucky to have you here with us" Shadow smiles back at him with a yawn "I should probably head to bed, I'm beat" He says, carefully standing up.
“You want me to tuck you in?” Void responded back to his best friend and he chuckled softly. He got up from the sofa and he turned off the television.
"Nah, I'm good. I can at least still do that on my own" Shadow laughs and he stretches his arms over his head with another yawn before heading to his bedroom.
“Ok, Shadow. If you need anything, I’ll be here or in my bedroom.” Void said back to Shadow happily, he waved his hand at him and he watched Shadow walk towards his own bedroom.
"Okay, g'night Void" Shadow gives him a tired smile before going into his bedroom and shutting the door, turning on the small lamp on his bedside table and dimming it to it's lowest setting.
Void continued to look through his phone, then he turned it off and he fell dead asleep on the couch straight away.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  O Dear Mr. Teacher (closed with justpush) Ashes 23 1,350 04-26-2024, 10:12 PM
Last Post: justpush
  C Man of my (wicked) dreams. [Closed with SilentFeather] Nitrogen 208 14,335 04-12-2024, 04:58 AM
Last Post: Nitrogen
  C Big surprise!!(closed with whoknows) Ne0281 42 2,934 04-05-2024, 12:19 PM
Last Post: Ne0281
  C Secret love (Closed with Whoknows) Littleittyboy 169 8,868 04-02-2024, 12:04 PM
Last Post: Whoknows
  C Sweet Like Honey [Closed with Thoughtless] AnonysaurusRex 28 1,598 02-20-2024, 01:38 AM
Last Post: AnonysaurusRex
  C Unexpectedly Unexpected [closed with whoknows] xxjadeexx 17 1,070 11-26-2023, 04:49 PM
  C The Pregnant Alien's Omega (closed with dork95) Plutexian Mpregger 86 7,343 10-14-2023, 09:35 PM
Last Post: Plutexian Mpregger
  C Emu mpreg (closed with ZealousEmu369 ( Roselockheart 22 824 08-18-2023, 10:29 PM
Last Post: Roselockheart
  C A Good Education. (closed with dolria1) Whoknows 126 7,440 08-17-2023, 10:07 PM
  C Werewolf Bred (Closed with Littleittyboy) DrinkToMeOnlyWithThineEyes 83 4,577 08-02-2023, 04:41 PM
Last Post: Littleittyboy