Closed Sweet Like Honey [Closed with Thoughtless]
(02-07-2024, 06:44 PM)AnonysaurusRex Wrote: The audacity. Melite would have been angry had it been anyone else to speak to her like that but something about the way bar felt tonight, something about this stranger- things were different. A ripple of incredulous laughter contorted her lips for an instant before the stranger fixed her in his stare, reading the tension in his jaw and the anger he frankly wasn't doing a good job of hiding in the square of his shoulders but something in his eyes hurt so much that it wiped the look right off her face.

"I seem to have that effect on people, thank you for noticing," Melite deftly changed the subject with just a hint of snark. "Though if I were you..." She looked up as Bob appeared from the back of house with her burger, the food steaming on the plate before her as she rolled up the sleeves of her bomber jacket and tested the feel of the burger as she held it in her hand. "I might start off with a little something on my stomach before I really got shit faced."

Melite took a big bite of her burger, closing her eyes to savor the flavor as she began to chew. The bar was enveloped in silence again before she flagged the barkeep down with a motion of her hand, pointing at a brown bottle on the wall before she asked for a shotglass. "Might want to start with something that packed a little bit more a punch once you do, though," She spoke before pouring a shot of the Grenadian rum and passing it down. "140 proof... take a shot and thank me later."

Well she didn't hit me. That was a win. The woman looked liked the type that didn't take any shit, and he could absolutely admit he was being a shit. She looked like she could be a hell of a lot of fun too. Did he even remember fun? When was the last time he let loose? When was the last time he was allowed to? He bit his lip. But that was over now, right?

His stomach rumbled. Honestly, the burger looked almost as good as she did. Maybe he would take her advice, though the way things were going he wasn't sure he wanted to taste it again in the morning.

He picked up the shot, sniffed it, and held it up to the dim overhead light. "140 proof, eh? Smells like rubbing alcohol." He smirked. "Not sure if you're tryin' to help or tryin' to kill me." He sniffed it again. "Don't suppose you'd join me for one? You know, just to ease my mind?"

Messages In This Thread
RE: Sweet Like Honey [Closed with Thoughtless] - by thoughtless - 02-08-2024, 02:45 AM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  C Man of my (wicked) dreams. [Closed with SilentFeather] Nitrogen 218 15,950 Yesterday, 10:55 PM
Last Post: Nitrogen
  O Dear Mr. Teacher (closed with justpush) Ashes 24 1,570 05-09-2024, 01:34 AM
Last Post: Ashes
  C Teacher's sweet pet. (w/ SilentFeather) Nitrogen 37 1,665 05-01-2024, 11:57 PM
Last Post: SilentFeather
  C Big surprise!!(closed with whoknows) Ne0281 42 3,199 04-05-2024, 12:19 PM
Last Post: Ne0281
  C Secret love (Closed with Whoknows) Littleittyboy 169 9,838 04-02-2024, 12:04 PM
Last Post: Whoknows
  C Fecund Royalty [w/ thoughtless] Bu_umpy 29 2,306 02-05-2024, 06:57 AM
Last Post: thoughtless
  C Unexpectedly Unexpected [closed with whoknows] xxjadeexx 17 1,178 11-26-2023, 04:49 PM
  C The Pregnant Alien's Omega (closed with dork95) Plutexian Mpregger 86 7,778 10-14-2023, 09:35 PM
Last Post: Plutexian Mpregger
  C Emu mpreg (closed with ZealousEmu369 ( Roselockheart 22 933 08-18-2023, 10:29 PM
Last Post: Roselockheart
  C A Good Education. (closed with dolria1) Whoknows 126 8,376 08-17-2023, 10:07 PM