Rebuilding (closed with BubbleBelly321)

"You know, I never really thought about it. I mean, they looked happy just now, and I certainly don't feel ready for a family at this point in my life, despite going through the motions," I respond with a laugh. "But I think someday I would. I kind of like the idea. Let's say, hypothetically, you and I were married and wanted a family. What would you want?"
I started blushing even more at your suggestion. "Well, hypothetically speaking...it would depend I guess. I mean, if we were together, I'd really be open to any option regarding a family I suppose...assuming it was something we both wanted." I pause for a moment to collect myself and explain further. "If you wanted to have a child with me, I'd support you. If you wanted me to have it, then I'd honestly be alright with that too I think." I smile a little. "Still, this is all just hypothetical."

"Of course, of course! Purely...hypothetical," I said with some hesitance. "I guess we'll see how we each like it this time around, huh?" I patted my small bulging stomach.
I smile softly, placing a hand over my own middle. "Yeah...I guess so." Shaking my head for a moment, I soon stand up, and extend a hand to help you up as well. "Well, what do you say we go for a bit of a stroll. I saw an ice cream stand not too far from here, and now I'm having a major craving for a sundae."

"You read my mind! It's the perfect day for it," I reach up and grab your hand and stand myself up, holding your hand in mine for a few seconds before we start moving. I blush and let go once we make eye contact, and try to quickly start a different conversation. "What flavor are you up for? I'm thinking anything mint. Or cookie dough."
I laugh lightly, then reach back for your hand to show I don't mind, and drag youoff in the direction of the stall. "Knowing me, something chocolate!" Soon we each get to the stall, get our ice cream, and continue walking and talking around the park as we partake. The whole time, I occasionally continue reaching out to hold your hand.

I start to feel nervous at your touch as we continue to watch. I just know that my face is bright red, and I can feel my hand shaking a little. It feels clammy, too, and I'm self-conscious that you can sense it. I take a deep breath and finally give in, grabbing your hand in mine as we stroll away from the park. Before I know it, we're back in front of your apartment. "So I guess we're done for the day, huh?"
"Oh...um...yeah. I guess so." I speak turning to look at my building, and letting go of your hand. "Well, I had a good time today. Let's do this again soon, alright?" I then lean in, and give you a quick hug, before turning around and heading for the door.

"I'll meet you out here for our appointment next week, okay?" I call after you, starting to feel sad as the warmth of your hug fades.
Turning back, I give a quick nod of my head before walking up the stairs. All the while, my face feels hot from blushing and my heart won't stop pounding. Still, I decide to try and forget it, thinking that I don't want things to become awkward between us. Still, I go to bed later that night, replaying the day's events in my mind as I fall asleep.

A week passes, and I find myself sitting on the steps outside of your building, waiting. We'd talked on the phone several times over the past few days, and were still finding things out about each other. I didn't really know what we were doing; as far as I could tell we were just growing closer as friends. But I couldn't deny a weird fuzzy feeling I would get when I heard your voice, or pictured your face. Hearing the door open behind me, I turned to greet you. "Morning, Dawn! Today's the big day! Ready to find out what we've got in us?"
"Yeah, I mean I suppose so!" I grin lightly, and move to give you a small hug. Soon we're walking down the road, and I place a hand on the small swell on my frame. "So...any preferences?" I joke a bit, though I am slightly curious.

"I'm not sure...I mean, it's not actually mine, so it doesn't matter, right? But if I had to pick, I guess it'd be a boy. What man doesn't want a son?" I rub my stomach once or twice, before boldly--but briefly--placing my hand on your stomach. "What are you hoping for?"
I smirk a little at your actions, before feeling a familiar blush creep across my cheeks. "Well, like you said, I'm not really sure it matters that much. still, I'm sure it'll be interesting to find out!"

"Exactly!" Soon enough, we find ourselves at the same old lab building, and wait in line for a while before our names are called. Once again, we go in together, though this time fully taking advantage of that service. "I went first last time, you go," I gesture to the exam table as the nurses laugh.
I comply and quickly seat myself on the table. Once there, they ask the usual questions, check my progress, take a blood sample, then have me lay back on the table. One nurse asks me to lift my shirt, and I do so. She then squirts out a tube of cold gel on my belly, and begins running the ultrasound wand over it. It isn't too long at all until I can see a faint outline of what could be a baby on the screen.

"Well, everything looks good here." The nurse speaks up. "Now, did you want to know the baby's sex, or would you rather be surprised?"

"I hadn't thought about being surprised," I said, drawing attention to myself. "but it's all up to you, Dawn, of course. Heh, I can kinda see something! Hey little one!"
I laugh a little at your excitement, and turn to the nurse. "Well...I think I'd like to know...I am kind of curious."

The nurse nods her head. "Well then, I'd like to remind you that our guesses might not be 100% accurate, but from what I can tell, you're going to be having a little girl. Congratulations."

At first, I turn and smile at Jack, then the nurse. I then look at the screen and watch the little outline. "Hi there baby girl." I know that I'm not really the baby's mother in the strictest sense, but this does somehow make me feel closer to this tiny little being growing inside me.

"Wow...a girl," I say, mesmerized by the images on the screen. "Congrats, Dawn, I guess...so it would be my turn, right?"
The nurse nods, as she helps clean the gel off my middle with a towel. "Indeed it is sir. Now, just relax."

Soon, I'm all cleaned up, and sitting in a nearby chair, while you're moving to the medical table. Once again, the nurse asks you questions, takes some tests and starts getting the machine ready.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Destiny Knows No Cessation (Closed with PoppedBB, graphic content warning) PregnantTyler 6 3,740 02-05-2020, 05:27 AM
Last Post: PregnantTyler
  The Dairy Debt (closed with DragonKnight) SnowWolf 11 3,527 11-15-2019, 01:27 AM
Last Post: DragonKnight
  Fur and claws. (Closed with BandOfMisfits.) SilentFeather 20 4,194 11-07-2019, 11:10 AM
Last Post: SilentFeather
  O Detective Conan X PKMN (Mpreg rp CLOSED w/Anime Ninshin-chan) Bloobloobedoo27 46 7,884 09-26-2019, 11:48 AM
Last Post: Ninshinluvr
  C Arranged or destiny (closed w/AegonAustin) bhdire8 161 24,353 09-17-2019, 08:43 AM
Last Post: AegonAustin
  Consequence from one night (w/ BubbleBelly321) bhdire8 311 35,316 09-10-2019, 10:09 AM
Last Post: BubbleBelly321
  True love. (Closed with bhdire8.) SilentFeather 786 91,209 09-09-2019, 05:29 PM
Last Post: SilentFeather
  Labor and Delivery Roleplay - Permanently Closed BabyDoctor 48 13,344 09-04-2019, 08:41 AM
Last Post: Choruku
  C Primal Urge (Closed with PregnantTyler) Klayko 61 14,343 08-24-2019, 09:45 PM
Last Post: PregnantTyler
  The Interview (Closed w/RedThunderYellowSky) Klayko 3 3,112 08-19-2019, 12:43 AM
Last Post: SimonBrownMpreg