Bastard Child [Revised] (Closed)
"Everything seems to be in order to me," Gareth sniffled. Just then, his stomach gave off an incredibly loud growl that made him burst with laughter. "Now I believe you said something about dinner?"
He cracked a bit of a chuckle. "Right, of course. Follow me, I'll show you the dining room." As the walked out of the room, Apollo had loosened up a bit and was less quiet. "Y'know when I first heard I was being betrothed to someone I don't even know, I didn't know what to expect. Why must we follow all of these such boring, petty rules? Hm?" He walked down the stairs, while assisting Gareth.
Gareth gave a smile to Apollo's outstretched arm as they descended. "I ask myself the same question...meaning no offense. I understand the grander picture of it all, truly, but...it would be nice to let go every now and again. Though I don't have as much fun as I used to in my present condition," he laughed. "The procedural stuff is merely for the beginning, though. Soon we'll be past it all, and I have a suspicion we'll be very happy."
"I suppose. Though, what's sad is, my parents never loved each other, nor engaged in conversations outside of business. Just like generations of generations, they were arranged to be married." That would explain Apollo's serious outlook from earlier. It's all he's known to represent, whom could've fault him for it. He was happy that he was able to just be himself around Gareth without being so serious. He opened the door to the dining room where he was greeted by Miriam the midwife who was trying to get a hold of Julie who was playing with the decorations and were on the dining table.
"It happens all too often...though there's always a chance that there's something to enjoy there," he smiled before rushing to his daughter. "Hey there, how's my baby girl? Are you enjoying the castle?" They reached for each other as he picked her up in his arms. "She hasn't been too much trouble, I hope?" he directed at the midwife, who looked positively worn out.
"She has been a bit reckless b-but no real trouble m-m-me lord!" she said out of breath, struggling to keep Julie still.
"Daddy!" Julie jumped out of Miriam's arms and into Gareth's. She was close with him almost as much as she was with Miriam and hated anyone she didn't know around Gareth. That would include Apollo, considering with his presence near, she cling onto her dad.
"Oof!" he let out a grunt as he caught his daughter. "Well...what else is new, huh?" he and Miriam shared a giggle as he kissed Julie's forehead. "Julie, I think it's time you gave a proper hello to Lord Apollo. This is his castle we're staying at, and he's nice enough to provide all of this for you."
All Julie could do was stare down at Apollo, and he did the same for a short period until he walked towards them, which caused the little girl to tense up a little.
"Come on," Gareth encouraged. "I know he's big and a little scary, but I spent some time with him and I think you'll like him a lot if you give him a chance."
"Mmmm...no." she said softly.
"Julie," Apollo spoke. His tone came off as firm, though he was trying to speak as soft as possible to not frighten the child. "I had a hunch that maybe we'd get off on a bad start, so look what I have for you?" He pulled out a sewed up doll with dark buttons and a sewed in smile that stared right at Julie. "There's more of these toys upstairs in your new room."
"New room?" she asked, curious as she looked at Gareth.
"We were just there, it's got a big comfy bed for you, and one for your brother or sister when they get here, it's even better than the one you used to have..." he smiled as she turned away with the doll. He turned to Apollo, "I'm sorry...she's young and doesn't know her courtesies just yet."
Apollo nodded. "Quite alright. Hopefully she'll warm up to me eventually." The servants began to come into the dining room as they placed the varieties of different foods on the table. "Come, do sit while we talk." He offered, opening a chair for his fiance.
"Oh thank you," he said as he handed his daughter back to Miriam. He had to keep himself from drooling over the food placed before him. Warm chicken, a side of beef and pork, and roasted pheasant. There were potatoes in all varieties, warm and soft bread with butter and honey, roasted apples and even some exotic foods he didn't recognize. "You shouldn't have given me so much...I'm about to clean you out!"
"Trust me, if I followed the tradition of meals, you'd be mighty disappointed--and lord knows I'd hate to disappoint a welcomed guest--or my new mate. As his servent pulled out Apollos chair, he sat down placing a napkin on his lap. He looked at Julie who was placed in a high chair. He couldn't help but smile more as she played with the doll that she recieved. Not to mention trying to grab the food with her hands.
"Now Julie, stop that dear." Miriam said putting her hand back as she sat down herself.
"Julie, remember your manners," Gareth reinforced, though he thought how much he'd like to just dig into it all with his hands as well. He requested an ample helping of each dish, and it was all set before him. Without a word he began devouring the meal, practically inhaling food. "This is delicious," he said, patting his lips with a napkin between helpings.
"I'm glad the meal is to your liking, sir." Once he was sure everyone had settled, and began eating, he started to eat his own food. Not surprised by how well cooked the meal was.
"If this is how you always eat, I'm even happier than before!" He tried to sound happy, though his cheeks flushed red, embarrassed at how piggish he must have looked.
He couldn't help but grin more. "I can tell you must've never had exotic foods before. " He said, grabbing the silk, white napkin wiping Gareth's cheek softly with it. "Don't worry, you'll get use to it."
"Unfortunately we don't get these kinds of foods that far north..." Gareth said. "But the citrus fruits are as good as I remember--we would get the occasional shipment when I was a kid. Oranges have been my favorite ever since," he said as he picked up a wedge to suck on.
"How nice." He said as he nodded in thanks as his servant poured more wine for him. He turned his attention back to Gareth. "I'm very curious to hear more about your kingdom."

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Destiny Knows No Cessation (Closed with PoppedBB, graphic content warning) PregnantTyler 6 3,734 02-05-2020, 05:27 AM
Last Post: PregnantTyler
  The Dairy Debt (closed with DragonKnight) SnowWolf 11 3,506 11-15-2019, 01:27 AM
Last Post: DragonKnight
  Fur and claws. (Closed with BandOfMisfits.) SilentFeather 20 4,169 11-07-2019, 11:10 AM
Last Post: SilentFeather
  O Detective Conan X PKMN (Mpreg rp CLOSED w/Anime Ninshin-chan) Bloobloobedoo27 46 7,848 09-26-2019, 11:48 AM
Last Post: Ninshinluvr
  C Arranged or destiny (closed w/AegonAustin) bhdire8 161 24,214 09-17-2019, 08:43 AM
Last Post: AegonAustin
  True love. (Closed with bhdire8.) SilentFeather 786 90,007 09-09-2019, 05:29 PM
Last Post: SilentFeather
  Labor and Delivery Roleplay - Permanently Closed BabyDoctor 48 13,283 09-04-2019, 08:41 AM
Last Post: Choruku
  C Primal Urge (Closed with PregnantTyler) Klayko 61 14,270 08-24-2019, 09:45 PM
Last Post: PregnantTyler
  The Interview (Closed w/RedThunderYellowSky) Klayko 3 3,099 08-19-2019, 12:43 AM
Last Post: SimonBrownMpreg
  Set to Sea (closed RP with @bhdire8) sipscan330 110 19,203 08-12-2019, 11:26 AM
Last Post: bhdire8