Bastard Child [Revised] (Closed)
"It's different up there for sure. Far more pines up there than here. The keeps are strong the people every bit as stubborn as their walls," Gareth couldn't help but recite the poetic details of his kingdom that he'd learned from his elders. "Much more fresh water, if my research about the South is correct. We have many lakes and streams, though none so impressive as the mighty rivers I crossed in my travels. And our oceanic coastlines are not nearly as beautiful or pleasant for a stay."
"How intriguingly interesting. Your kingdom sounds very quaint. As odd as it's sounds I've never seen an ocean nor a lake. Only in books." He chuckled. "All we have here is land. The closest thing to a lake I've seen is after if rains, there's a puddle." He said trying to make a joke there.
"A man of your power, has never seen the coast? You never went swimming as a child?" Gareth was shocked. Or as shocked as he could be between bites.
"Only swim I've taken is in the luxury tub." He laughed. "Due to all the meetings I was forced to attend and projects that abruptly come up, I've never go the chance to even go to the coast. Tis a shame I suppose." He then cut his meat, as he continued to eat.
"Well Julie loves the beach, and it's great when I'm expecting," Gareth looked down at his enormous stomach. "Though perhaps not now. I suspect I'm much too close to birthing my next child to consider travelling."
"And daddy's tummy look like it want to pop!" she said with a giggle, food stuffed in her mouth. Apollo almost spit out his food in laughter. He quickly grabbed a napkin to cover his mouth, his cheeks flushed red.
"Ohhh and it does, sweetheart," Gareth said with a playful groan. "I just hope your little brother or sister doesn't want to give me too much trouble when they come...should be any day now."
"Ah, which reminds me." Apollo said as he continued to wipe his mouth. "If you were impressed with the children's room. You'll be far more impressed with the birthing room that was recently installed. I presume after we finish dining, you'd like to see it?" he asked.
"I hate to interrupt," Miriam jumped into the conversation. She hadn't spoken the entire meal. "But will there be other midwives present?"
"Yes of course." He replied nonchalantly, making no eye contact. "Though, your assistance will not be needed during the process you're free to help out."
"I...see.." She said with a hint of disappointment.
"I would love to see it; I expect I'll be needing it sooner rather than later..." he said with a glance towards Miriam. "Though...if you could introduce Miriam to the other midwives, I'd appreciate it. I trust you have found some true experts, surely, but I trust her more than strangers. It'd make me more comfortable...if there's to be a team of midwives, that is...if she were to lead them."
"I'll see what I can do, my lord. But I will most certainly introduce her to the other midwives." He nodded in acknowledgement.
"Pardon me, me lords." she got up from her seat and bowed to be excused. "Common dear.." she said picking Julie up from her high chair. She quietly walked out of the room, feeling uncomfortable around the new residence.
Once she and Julie were gone, Gareth turned to his husband. "I apologize for that intrusion, it's just...she's such a close friend, and really a lovely woman. I'd hate for her not to actually help with the job she was hired for."
"I understand, I guess I didn't think clearly about this, considering everything was planned in advance. But it is I, who owes you the apology." he looked up at his new mate. "When is this child due?"
"Well, Miriam's best estimate was sometime in the next ten days...but you know how difficult such a thing can be to predict. "Our most accurate measurements say I've gained enough weight, and her records show that my belly is much larger than it was with Julie. The child moves enough to make me confident about its strength. So now we just have to wait."
"Well, if you trust Miriam's judgement then so shall I." He pushed back as he got up from his seat, lending his mate a hand. "Shall we go see the birthing room?"
"Yes please," he said, grabbing Apollo's hand and supporting his back with the other. He waddled alongside his husband as he led him through the castle.
As they walked alongside each other, they held hands which made Apollo blush faintly. Thankfully his colleagues weren't around to see him showing affection towards his new mate. Oddly it wasn't acceptable or appreciated. They took their time ascending up the stairs due to Gareth's large belly. "Careful now."
"I'm fine, I'm fine!" Gareth protested. He was slow, though not because he was trying to be. "I certainly hope I don't have to go up these stairs when I'm in labor..."
"I doubt." shaking his head. As they finally reached the top, Apollo guided him to the birthing room, opening the doors, a black caret that was placed in front of the door. The room contained a tub and sheets that were placed on the floor to protect the carpet. And a king sized bed similar to their room.
"A tub!" Gareth exclaimed. "What's that for?" He was only familiar with a bare bones sort of birth. On the bed or ground, legs in the air and pushing as hard as he could. 
"That's to soothe the contractions during later--or so preferably give birth in the warm water." He said walking to the tub. "I know you're not use to such tactics but if you so desire, you can always try something new."

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Destiny Knows No Cessation (Closed with PoppedBB, graphic content warning) PregnantTyler 6 3,734 02-05-2020, 05:27 AM
Last Post: PregnantTyler
  The Dairy Debt (closed with DragonKnight) SnowWolf 11 3,506 11-15-2019, 01:27 AM
Last Post: DragonKnight
  Fur and claws. (Closed with BandOfMisfits.) SilentFeather 20 4,169 11-07-2019, 11:10 AM
Last Post: SilentFeather
  O Detective Conan X PKMN (Mpreg rp CLOSED w/Anime Ninshin-chan) Bloobloobedoo27 46 7,848 09-26-2019, 11:48 AM
Last Post: Ninshinluvr
  C Arranged or destiny (closed w/AegonAustin) bhdire8 161 24,214 09-17-2019, 08:43 AM
Last Post: AegonAustin
  True love. (Closed with bhdire8.) SilentFeather 786 90,007 09-09-2019, 05:29 PM
Last Post: SilentFeather
  Labor and Delivery Roleplay - Permanently Closed BabyDoctor 48 13,283 09-04-2019, 08:41 AM
Last Post: Choruku
  C Primal Urge (Closed with PregnantTyler) Klayko 61 14,270 08-24-2019, 09:45 PM
Last Post: PregnantTyler
  The Interview (Closed w/RedThunderYellowSky) Klayko 3 3,099 08-19-2019, 12:43 AM
Last Post: SimonBrownMpreg
  Set to Sea (closed RP with @bhdire8) sipscan330 110 19,203 08-12-2019, 11:26 AM
Last Post: bhdire8