Class Partners (closed with shooshoo)
Tuesday night was here again. After another agonizingly slow day at the office and a quick dinner at home, Will was sitting down for his third week of lamaze classes. He was about seven months pregnant, and dreaded going to class. Everyone there had their partner with them, and he could just feel them judging him for being alone. Either they thought the baby's father was negligent, or they assumed the worst: that Will was some kind of slut who got knocked up by some random guy. The last part wasn't totally wrong--he didn't know the baby's father. But it's not like he slept around or anything.  

Regardless of what he knew, it didn't make him feel any better to not have someone there to share his experience with. So he lowered himself onto a mat and waited as the other expectant couples would file in with their judgmental eyes and make him squirm. 
Ben took a look around the classroom and made a face. Another class full of guys with partners to sit with them and offer support. He had switched from another class because his work schedule had changed. He was seven months along in his pregnancy and he was already sick of people judging him.

There was one guy sitting at a table alone though and maybe, just maybe he was alone and not just waiting for someone running late.

"Excuse me," Ben said politely, trying to look unassuming. Ben was a tall guy and with adding on the additional pregnancy bulk, he knew he could be intimidating. "Is this seat taken?"
"Oh! Uhhh...no, no..." Will stuttered. He was smaller than Ben, shorter and skinnier save for the belly, and wasn't expecting anyone to approach him. "Sure, sit down, I mean." He pushed the chair away from the table as best he could and waited for Ben to sit down. He extended a hand for the other man to shake, "I'm Will."
Ben held out his hand to Will, shaking it firmly. "I'm Ben. Thanks for letting me join you. I hate sitting alone in these classes. Everyone looks at you oddly."

Ben pulled out his notepad, setting it on the table before leaning back with his hand on his belly.

"So when are you due?" he asked conversationally.
"A few more months. I'm almost to seven, actually," he said giving his belly a pat. "27 weeks and 5 days today," he felt a bit proud, knowing the exact numbers. He could never figure why, but it made him feel more in control.

"And ditto on the looks. I've never felt so judged in my life," Will groaned. "What about you? How much longer have you got?"
Ben grinned a little. "27 weeks." He shook his head, chuckling a little. "We must have gotten pregnant at the same time."

A few people were looking over at them but Ben just grinned back at them and shifted to make his belly look even larger. Okay some people he didn't mind intimidating.
"How about that?" Will giggled. "So I've never seen you around here before. Are you new in town or something?"
"No," Ben shook his head. "My work schedule changed so I had to switch classes. I was coming on Friday nights. I am a wild man like that."
"Haha! Well if your pregnancy has been anything like mine, you wouldn't feel up to going out most Friday nights anyway," Will smiled. "Nice to have the option, though."
"I actually kind of like being pregnant," Ben admitted. He felt the baby shift and he couldn't help but smile. "I've always wanted to be a father and I like being the one to carry my child."

Ben liked Will's smile, it was genuine and friendly. It was nice to see.
"I can't say I wanted this," Will said, placing his hands on either side of his belly and giving it a shake. "But I'm learning to enjoy it, I think. Albeit slowly. Pregnancy does suit you, though," Will blushed a bit. "I've never thought it looked so good on me. Part of why I figured everyone stares at me in this class..."
Ben frowned a little but shook it off, smiling again at Will. "I haven't seen you standing but you look pretty good to me."

Ben wondered why Will was so down on himself. He was a good looking guy who had a nice smile and was friendly and welcoming.
"Well allow me, then." Will sighed and heaved himself out of his chair. His belly jutted out from his small frame, and he already was putting a hand in the small of his back to balance it. "I feel so much bigger than I thought I'd be. Feels gross if you ask me," he frowned.
"I think you're carrying well," Ben said honestly. "You look good. I mean, you don't really look like you've gained weight anywhere but in your belly. I obviously don't know what you looked like before you were pregnant but you look cute to me with the belly."

He held out a hand to help Will sit back down. "Have you had a rough pregnancy?"
"Well that's very kind of you to say..." Will blushed once more before accepting Ben's help back down into his seat. He readjusted his shirt as he felt it start to ride up--he wasn't ready for anyone here to see his bare skin.

"Really rough unfortunately. Morning sickness only stopped about six weeks ago, I'm eating all the time and it's all going to my belly...the kicking always starts right as I'm about to go to sleep, too..."
"I swear they know when you are the most tired." Ben nodded in agreement. He put a hand back on his belly, rubbing gently. "I work a weird shift and while I'm at work nothing. As soon as I get home and climb in bed, it's time to do gymnastics."

The teacher came into the classroom and everyone settled down. Ben leaned over to whisper to Will. "Want to be partners tonight?"
"Sure," Will agreed. "I've never had a partner in this class before, so it'll be nice to finally know what's going on..." The instructor was a very earthy man, to say the least. Very soft spoken and very...in the moment. He'd claimed to be the father to three children, though you'd never know it by looking at him. And he said he'd helped to deliver even more than that, which was slightly more believable.
Ben listened intently, making notes as the teacher talked about different techniques to help manage pain during labor. Will wasn't taking notes, just listening which Ben could respect. Ben was an avid note taker though.

The baby gave him a big kick and he let out a small groan. "Ugh." The teacher looked over and Ben looked sheepish. "Sorry big kick. Ignore me."

He looked over at Will and mouthed "Oops."
Will couldn't help but giggle at that. The way Ben seemed to just take everything in stride was very reassuring to him; it was a great presence to be around.

The instructor went on and on about various breathing techniques, saying they'd be trying them out next week, so that everyone had best be ready. "For such an experienced guy you think he'd be less of a hardass about these things..." Will muttered.
Ben shut the notebook when the teacher finally stopped. He felt like he was never going to be ready for the birth but hopefully after going over the notes and practicing the techniques he would feel better.

"So I know we just met, but I'm doing this on my own. Would you be interested in practicing together outside of class?" Ben looked at Will hopefully. "I'm happy to share my notes."

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Destiny Knows No Cessation (Closed with PoppedBB, graphic content warning) PregnantTyler 6 3,703 02-05-2020, 05:27 AM
Last Post: PregnantTyler
  The Dairy Debt (closed with DragonKnight) SnowWolf 11 3,449 11-15-2019, 01:27 AM
Last Post: DragonKnight
  Fur and claws. (Closed with BandOfMisfits.) SilentFeather 20 4,131 11-07-2019, 11:10 AM
Last Post: SilentFeather
  O Detective Conan X PKMN (Mpreg rp CLOSED w/Anime Ninshin-chan) Bloobloobedoo27 46 7,754 09-26-2019, 11:48 AM
Last Post: Ninshinluvr
  C Arranged or destiny (closed w/AegonAustin) bhdire8 161 24,011 09-17-2019, 08:43 AM
Last Post: AegonAustin
  True love. (Closed with bhdire8.) SilentFeather 786 89,384 09-09-2019, 05:29 PM
Last Post: SilentFeather
  Labor and Delivery Roleplay - Permanently Closed BabyDoctor 48 13,169 09-04-2019, 08:41 AM
Last Post: Choruku
  C Primal Urge (Closed with PregnantTyler) Klayko 61 13,960 08-24-2019, 09:45 PM
Last Post: PregnantTyler
  The Interview (Closed w/RedThunderYellowSky) Klayko 3 3,054 08-19-2019, 12:43 AM
Last Post: SimonBrownMpreg
  Set to Sea (closed RP with @bhdire8) sipscan330 110 18,954 08-12-2019, 11:26 AM
Last Post: bhdire8