Daughter To Midwife (Closed with cashewmanz)
"I guess.." she said blushing. "That's so freaky, but in a good way. Like, how I can actually see it moving."
"It was scary the first time around. When you kicked in there I had no idea what was going on. It started to become reassuring though. And it gave me a way to play with you," James said as he rubbed his belly in a few other spots.
"You're belly is harder than before--is that normal?" she asked, pressing her hand against his belly.
"Yeah...it'll keep getting that way as he starts coming further..." James took Olivia's hand off his belly and grabbed the other. "Here, help me up. I need to move a bit, maybe go to the bathroom."
"Uh ew, TMI, Dad." As she helped him up, she led him to the bathroom, closing the door halfway to let him do his business.
James just chuckled to himself at that. When he was younger, he'd always looked forward to embarrassing his kids. He took his time on the toilet, and when he flushed and washed his hands he felt another contraction coming on. He went back through the door to find Olivia standing attentively. When the pain hit, he let out a groan and leaned against the wall.
Olivia stood there, not knowing what to do but only be there as support. With her arms crossed, she tapped her arm, impatiently wanting to get the contractions over with. She had to admit she was getting a bit tired.
James was starting to go red in the face. He breathed heavily as his belly tightened even more, until finally it released. But when it did, he could hear a quick dripping sound and felt warm liquid running down his legs. When he looked down, the gray sweatpants he'd been wearing were soaked.
"Ugh gross! you never told me you'd pee yourself!" Olivia complained, expressing her disgust. As she walked over to him, she removed his sweatpants, tossing it to the side.
"I didn't pee myself I..." James said, frustrated. "That was my water breaking," he explained. His underwear was still damp and felt uncomfortably cool against the air, but he wasn't ready to expose himself that much--not until he absolutely had to.
"So since your..'water broke' that means....?" She was waiting for him to finish her sentence, as she guided him back to the room to rest.
"Well, it's not actually water," he explained. "It's called amniotic fluid. It's the stuff that surrounds the baby in the womb. At a certain point in labor, the sac that holds it in will pop, and it will spill out, like you just saw...and the baby is that much closer to coming out."
Olivia sighed in relief. "Finally.." she huffed. "Soon I can go to bed right? cus it's one in the freakin morning for christ sakes. God, ya never told me this process would be so long." She complained as usual.
"Well, it could still be a while, actually," James was hesitant to say, knowing he'd be disappointing his daughter. "Sooner or later I have to check how dilated I am, and then I actually have to push..."
Olivia groaned. "Daaaadd..." she moaned in annoyance. "Why didn't you tell me this before?!" She lightly slammed her head against the wall, frustrated, then looked back at him. "I don't even know how to deliver a baby! How can I be of assistance or contribute something of importance?!"
"Well you could start by being a little less grouchy..." James said, almost shying away from his daughter. He didn't want to upset her. She may not have realized just how important it was that she was there. "Well, I don't want to make a mess, so how about you go to the closet and get all the big beach towels we have. Spread them out here in a few layers so I don't ruin the carpet. Then, there's some special pillows I bought that are in my bedroom, grab them and bring them down here."
"Alright, alright fine.." She walked to the closet grabbing every single beach towel she could get her hands on, tossing them on the floor, spreading them out. "I'll be back in a sec, with the pillows. Don't pee..anymore." she said as she ran out of the room, to get more pillows from his room.
"I'll try," James called after her. He wiggled and bounced a bit to try and shake the rest of the fluid out of him, before fetching some paper towels and mopping up his mess with his foot. He waited for Olivia to come back, pacing about the living room as another contraction came, more intense and more painful now that his water had broken. He dropped to a squat and breathed through it.
Olivia rushed back with stacks of pillows in her arms, dropping them to the floor. "Okay," she panted, out of breath from running. "These are all the pillows. What else you need, pops?"
"I'm getting pretty warm..." James said as he wiped some sweat from his brow. "Mind helping me get my shirt off?"

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Destiny Knows No Cessation (Closed with PoppedBB, graphic content warning) PregnantTyler 6 3,977 02-05-2020, 05:27 AM
Last Post: PregnantTyler
  The Dairy Debt (closed with DragonKnight) SnowWolf 11 4,228 11-15-2019, 01:27 AM
Last Post: DragonKnight
  Fur and claws. (Closed with BandOfMisfits.) SilentFeather 20 4,714 11-07-2019, 11:10 AM
Last Post: SilentFeather
  O Detective Conan X PKMN (Mpreg rp CLOSED w/Anime Ninshin-chan) Bloobloobedoo27 46 9,162 09-26-2019, 11:48 AM
Last Post: Ninshinluvr
  C Arranged or destiny (closed w/AegonAustin) bhdire8 161 27,703 09-17-2019, 08:43 AM
Last Post: AegonAustin
  True love. (Closed with bhdire8.) SilentFeather 786 99,980 09-09-2019, 05:29 PM
Last Post: SilentFeather
  Labor and Delivery Roleplay - Permanently Closed BabyDoctor 48 15,591 09-04-2019, 08:41 AM
Last Post: Choruku
  C Primal Urge (Closed with PregnantTyler) Klayko 61 16,102 08-24-2019, 09:45 PM
Last Post: PregnantTyler
  The Interview (Closed w/RedThunderYellowSky) Klayko 3 3,281 08-19-2019, 12:43 AM
Last Post: SimonBrownMpreg
  Set to Sea (closed RP with @bhdire8) sipscan330 110 22,595 08-12-2019, 11:26 AM
Last Post: bhdire8