Civil War (spinoff of Chosen, Closed)

Shiina grabbed the rabbits and ran after Rina. "I'm sorry! Im so sorry! Do what you want to me but don't blame yourself." He said as he started to get tired. Unbeknownst to him, a bear was nearby and caught the scent of the dead rabbits. When the bear started to run towards Shiina, he screamed.

Rina was too upset to lisren to him and kept running yet sbe stopped dead in her tracks as she heard his scream. "Shiina..." she whispered to herself as she ran back

Shiina cowered in fear as the bear got closer to him. "Please! Don't hurt me!" Shiina begged, hoping the bear could understand.

The bear roared and raised a paw to strike, Rina was close now but too far to shoot

Shiina raised his arms, hoping it would soften the blow.

The bear brought his paw down yet not as with much force as an arrow pierced his back going straight to his heart, killing the beast that fell to a side of Shiina, dead.

"Shiina!" She called running to him to see if he was fine

Shiina looked up, shaking in fear before he got up and ran to Rina, hugging her. "I'm sorry! Im so sorry!" He said as tears streamed down his eyes.

"Are you okay?" She asked hugging him tight and then taking a step to check him for any injury "no Im....slrry I shoukdnt had let you alone in the woods"

Shiina nuzzled his head onto Her chest. "I'm sorry. I don't know how hard hunting is and I shouldn't have been inconsiderate." He stated.

"Its fine..I shouldnt have reacted that way....you are right rabbits are not the best game..." she said blushinfg and hugged him tight scared that sje could have lost him it was a fear she didnt understood though . Rina sat him on a fallen log and checked his shoulder and chest she had gone silent as her confusing feelings swirled in jer mind, he had a small bruise but a gash on his shoulder caused by the bears claw, she ripped the edges of her dress and covered his wound with it adfter she had cleabed it with some water she had brought along.

"Thank you. You're very good. You think bear is a good game?" Shiina asked.

Rina didnt answered to his thanfulness as she wasnt sure why she hadnt let him die, she was sure any in her troop woukd have let the bear eat Shiina....
"A name for what?" She asked moving to the bear to skin him and cut its meat. She also cut a claw of the beast and save it for Shiina

"To bring back and show off to the others." Shiina suggested.

"They will take it away if I bring him in, we will take its skin and save some meat, the rest I will sell " she said carving the animal "the cold season is near....you dont have a coat do you?" She asked

Shiina shook his head. "I was going to get one in the next city before I became a prisoner." Shiina exclaimed.

"I guess Ill make one for you, can you help me carry the meat?" She asked as she souldered the bear skin over her shoulder and saved some of the meat on her hunting bag, she gave Shiina a small portion that wouldmlast them three days, the rest she left it for the wild animals

"Thank you again." Shiina said as he walked with Rina.

Rina smiled soflty at him, as they arrived in town she sold the meat and then headed to buy wine, fresh linnings and species, he also bought cheese and bread and seeing Shiina eye a pastrie she asked the baker for two cinnamon rolls actually feeling downward she had not enough coin for the chocolate cake he was eyeing.

"You should save some money. You shouldn't spend it all on me." Shiina warned.

"We survived a bear, I think we earned a treat" she lied as she smiled leading him to the ugly part of town where she lived. Rina had lived alone since she can remember so it was strange and nice, surprisingly, to have some companh, she was still hurt by what he had said of the rabbits but at the moment she was some scared of the bear attack, she add some wood to the chimney and lighted a fire, she hangned up the sking for it to dry and saved their mewt in barrels of salt to preserve it, just leaving out a small portion to cook.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by DragonKnight
11-15-2019, 01:27 AM