Daughter To Midwife (Closed with cashewmanz)

"I just instinctively knew I guess." She moved closer. "So what do I exactly do?.."

"Just take a finger or two, and put them in there gently..." James said reluctantly. "I think I'm pretty far dilated, but I couldn't reach that great earlier, so I need you to tell me if you feel his head. That'll be obvious."

"Umm...Okay.." she hesitantly inserted a finger into his birth canal. "Hope I'm not hurting you. Now..let's see..."as she awkwardly fondled inside him, she went further in until she felt something. "Okay, I feel something..But it doesn't feel like a head." she said looking at him slightly concerned she bit a lip. "Is..that bad?"

"Well that depends," James said, trying not to show more concern than was necessary. "What does it feel like?" He placed his hands atop his belly and took a few quick breaths to ride out another contraction.

"Well uh," she stuck another finger in to get a better grasp of what she was feeling. "It..feels like a foot. Is that good?" Olivia was unaware that the baby was in a breech position. But by the looks of her father's expression, it wasn't good.

"No...that's uh...that's not good at all, actually," James tried to remain calm, for his daughter's sake. "The baby is supposed to be coming out head first, and it can be dangerous if it isn't...but that just means we do the hard part last..." he rubbed his belly as though praying for luck, when it tightened with another contraction and forced another moan from him.

"I-Is there a way we can turn it around--or something?" she asked growing more concerned as it showed on her face.

"Not that I know of..." James said with some worry. He was kicking himself for not realizing this sooner, though he'd been distracted with sending his husband away and his intense desire to do this at home. "He just needs to come out faster than usual, so on my next contraction...I guess I have to try pushing."

"Alright.." She got up and walked out the room. "Forgot the alcohol 'n cotton swabs. I'll be right back..." Olivia rubbed her head as she entered the kitchen. All of this was a tough one to swallow. But the tough little cookie she was she tried to hide her emotions and to remain calm for the sake of her dad.

"Okay..." James said as he watched her go. Thank goodness she was here, because he'd be terrified to face this alone. "Hurry back! I think I feel the next contraction coming on!"

"Coming!" she grabbed the rest of the equipment and dashed back into the room. Gently placing the stuff on the ground she sat beside him and rubbed the wet cloth on is sweating forehead, noticing how drenched he became.

"Okay, here goes nothing..." James said as he clenched his hands together and scrunched his face. "Hnnnnnggggghh!!" He let out a long grunt as he pushed with the contraction. He rested for a few moments before another one picked up, having him grunt again. He let out an enormous sigh and gasped when that one was over. "Anything moving down there?"

Olivia looked down his birth canal. "No..not at all," she sighed. This process was longer than she anticipated.

"You're sure? Hold on..." he felt another contraction coming. As his stomach squeezed down, he gave another tremendous push to try and send his son down the birth canal. "What about now?" he asked desperately. 

"I-I see half of the first toe!" she exclaimed. "Keep pushing if you can, dad"

"Better than nothing..." he groaned as he bore down once more, if for no other reason than to keep his son from moving back behind his cervix. "Hnnnnggghhh..." he grunted again with the next contraction, then a second, before finally letting up.

"If it gets too painful, you're free to hold my hand, dad." she didn't care at the moment how much affectionate or emotion she was showing. She just knew that he needed her support and contribution through this process. "We'll get through this together."

"Oh Olivia..." he hesitated, knowing that if he got too mushy on her she'd start to feel uncomfortable, "we will...we'll get through this as a team," he grabbed her hand tightly as the next contraction took hold, getting louder as he pushed with all his might.

She grabbed onto his hand with a firm grasp as a hint of assurance. "Just another push.." she said, glancing down at his birth canal that was slowly stretching as the foot became more visible.

"Okay..." the next contraction gripped him like a vice. "Ohhh....GOD you weren't this hard..." he said to his daughter.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by DragonKnight
11-15-2019, 01:27 AM