Bride of the King (closed with Regifortis)

"I want to you have a farm," the King announced suddenly. "Not now but in the future. Our children should learn to work the land. They can't always fight and it would be good for them to learn how to grow and tend to fields. I'll find a valley and we can make our farm there."

The King's head made its way to Tobias' belly before it shot up and looked around for Daven. "You need to eat, cherished. Daven is taken too long."

Tobias just shrugged. "Then it's settled!" He wasn't sure how the hell to raise dragon children, so he had to just take his King on faith for that one. So they'd have a farm like this one...he supposed he could learn to like the idea. And he supposed not every dragon could just have sex and lie around with their riches all day.

He was fine with waiting, but he had to wonder if that was because of genuine contentment and patience or just not wanting to bother anybody. Daven was getting a week's worth of food, so it was going to take a while no matter what they did. But maybe he could just get something while the rest of it was prepared...

"We could get something else while Daven is busy. And let's investigate your little cookie theory, too."

The King grinned as he stretched his wings and dreamed about the farm. "Just imagine a small farm in a valley with sheep, pigs, chickens, and vegetables. The sheep will provide only the softest, warmest wool for you in the winter, cherished. The pigs can be slaughtered; chickens will provide eggs, and we'll grow our own food." He was very excited about his plan. "Cows! We will have to have cows for milk and beef." He continued.

"Cookies?" The King's talk about a farm flew away at the word 'cookies'. "Yes, let's go find out if there are any cookies."

Tobias marveled at how innocent his King looked at that moment. Like a young man planning his life with his sweetheart before the rigor and bitterness of hard work set in. He supposed his mate was old as far as dragons go, but that didn't mean he was 'old' in every sense. Tobias felt like a stymied and disillusioned old man in comparison...but perhaps some cookies would fix that.

Tobias started to head into the house on the farm when he considered the doorway. Two problems presented themselves. One: it wasn't exactly designed for the King's majestic figure, let alone his anatomy. Two: although Tobias wasn't quite so wide to be too wide for the doorway yet, he had the odd feeling that he might be by the time they had to leave. He had to think carefully...or just find another doorway.

It was then that curiosity gripped him. "My King...I don't suppose your human form would be less intimidatin' for these folks? I only ask on account of our, er, limited options here. 'Course I couldn't say if you could get clothes for that form just on a whim..." Tobias felt silly even asking. "I dunno, it's just a thought."

The King guided Tobias around to the back of the house and showed his lover a wide double door.  "Every home in the kingdom has a door like this."  He slide the door to the sides showing a space wide enough for the King to glide his head.  "See how let's go ask for cookies!"  He exclaimed eyes twinkling with glee.  

Now Tobias really had the feeling that he was a parent being dragged along by a child rather than a mate to an ancient beast of lust and war glory. He just rolled his eyes and peered inside.

A cozy living space was laid out in front of him. Nothing extravagant, but the chairs look comfortable and positioned for conversation rather than just lounging thoughtlessly after a long day. A simple sofa sat in front of the opposite wall. And a pass-through window to the kitchen showed a woman whom Tobias guessed was Devan's wife.

Tobias knocked on the opened double doors as a late announcement. "Uh, howdy there! We haven't met: the name's Tobias. And well, you know him already. We heard whispers of some cookies being made. Is that just a vicious rumor or..." He stopped to smell something sweet. "Ah, never mind. I hope you're well today, Miss Whatsyername."

The woman laughed before she came out of the kitchen.  "Yes, I know the King."  She turned her golden eyes toward the large dragon.  "He likes the sugar cookies that are baking now but if he waits, I'll be making some ginger bread.  How are you, my King?"  She bowed deep.  

"Very good, Livian," the King greeted before he poked his head into the kitchen.  "You are looking well."  

"As are you.  Taken a mate, I see," she added.  "Before you ask, I am a dragoness."  To prove her point, her pupils changed from circular to  cat like slits.  "Would you like some bread and cheese. Tobias?"

Tobias startled at the sight, but quickly calmed down. He couldn't help the surprise: he hadn't known that female dragons existed, or even if there were any dragons other than his King. Perhaps that just went into the fact that this was 'their kingdom'. "Y-Yes, I'd like that, thank you." He noticed how she could immediately tell Tobias was the King's mate and flushed at how the size of his belly must give him away so easily.

As he looked around the house a little more, he started to wonder how Devan fit into all this. "Livian, was it? I'm just curious, if you don't mind me asking. Are you and Devan mated? Or do I not have the full picture, here?"

"Devan is my husband," Livian answered before she cut a slice of cheese and bread for Tobias.  "Eat this."  She gave the food to Tobias. 

She turned to the King and wagged her finger at him.   "Brother, you told him nothing. I shouldn't give you any cookies but I know you will just help yourself to all of them if I do that."  She smiled warmly at the creature.  "What has he told you of dragons, Tobias?"  

Tobias took a bite of the bread and cheese as he deliberated his answer. A lot had happened, and most of it wasn't focused on lore or history. Most of what they did was...well, sex.

"I know dragons used to rule the world...some humans and dragons fit together very well...if I didn't know they can take human form, I'd certainly know now. And I know a little about my King's exploits in the past." He looked over Livian's form and noticed she was also a picture of beauty and allure much like Darius. He almost felt envious for how they could assume such ideal forms while humans just got what they got. "I didn't know he had a sister, though. Unless that's just a pet name...yeah, it figures that I don't know much. I've haven't even been part of this kingdom for a full day. As for what we did for that day..." He referenced his massive stomach. "I think that's clear enough not to say much about it."

He finished the bread and cheese, enjoying how it was neither too dry nor too soggy. The bread was sweet, too; he hadn't had any quite like it.

Livian slowly turned her head to the dragon in her doorway.  She had a look on her face that only siblings understood, the 'I will kill you slowly and with love'.  She sighed before she got up and walked over.  "You has sex with him, got him pregnant but told him nothing of dragons?"  She hissed in a low whisper.  "You have to tell them first.  You might be the Dragon King but there are still rules."  She pinched his nose before she went back to the human.

"He has many siblings," she continued, "several of which live in the mountains on farms like this.  I'll sure you'll meet all of them in time."  

Tobias started to wonder if this was how Devan felt. A strange anxiety that came from not knowing what to do or what would happen if you stayed ignorant. But he trusted that his King wouldn't keep him ignorant of anything truly essential before anything bad happened...right? They just needed to stop fucking all the damn time for just long enough to really explain a thing or two.

"I'll be happy to meet them! And, uh, may I have some more? I haven't--" He stopped himself, looking back to his King who was already chastised. "I haven't had any food this good in a dog's age!"

In spite of the awkwardness, Tobias felt the curiosity about the world of dragons grow and grow. "I'm guessing you and Devan have children. I wonder how many? And uh..." He dreaded the question for how nosy it was. "I can't help but wonder how it...works...with a man and a dragoness. I-If I'm being too inappropriate, I'm sure my King can tell me later..." He wiped sweat off his brow.

Livian laughed then waved off Tobias' question.  "He'll have to answer that for you.  A lady has to have her secrets.  And don't let him distract you.  I'm sure you two have been occupying the other's time in much more fun ways than reading books."  

She stood, went into the kitchen and brought the cheese and bread into the living area.  "Now we can have as much as we like as often."  She pointed to the knife.  "Help yourself.  I am always baking.  Never know when this one will decide to pay a visit.  He did frighten my poor husband away, Tobias?  I can't ask him.  He'll say no."  

"Er..." Tobias felt like a paper-thin shield defending his King from a chainsaw. "Devan stumbled upon us in a...well, let's just say we were distracted. The King was a little terse with him. I think Devan didn't want to make things worse, but he showed us the poppies. I thought everything was fine, but then he just ran off saying he would get us some supplies..."

Tobias got the feeling this Livian could see through lies, so he didn't bother covering it up. "He seems like a nice guy, I hope we can talk some more before we leave." He cut himself a serving of bread and cheese and started on that. The more he ate, the more he realized that he was very hungry. "Do you have anything to drink, by chance?"

Livian nodded before she stood up and walked back into the kitchen. "Goat milk," she explained when she sat a stone pitcher and a glass by the bread and cheese. "He's a very good king. A bit rash at times and might not think things through when he should but he's a very good King." She smiled before she turned to him. "You can change into human form. We have clothes for you." She tsked her tongue. "He likes to show off his size even if we've seen it all before."

The King stuck his tongue out at her. "He likes this look."

"I adore both of your forms, my King," corrected Tobias. "Although having you poke your head through like that is getting a little awkward. Maybe...maybe Darius should introduce himself, if you get my meaning."

He poured himself some of the goat milk and realized he was either misunderstood or just partly ignored. "Devan seems like a good fella. I wonder if we'll see him again before we go off to get soap ingredients. And I feel bad that he had to go rushing off to gather food for what's otherwise just a nice visit." He took a gulp and wondered at the peculiar taste. Not bad at all, but he was used to plain ol' water and the occasional beer, very rarely cow's milk. "I'm glad he has such a charming wife to keep him company, though!", he added with a casual toast to the hostess.

The King rolled his eyes before he shifted into his Darius form. "I like my dragon form," he pouted with his arms crossed over his chest. He walked from the living area toward the back of the house. "I'm taking the blue shirt I wore last time!" He yelled.

"Don't worry about defending my brother. He doesn't need it." Livian smiled as she looked at the huge belly. "Do you know how many you are carrying?"

"Funny you mention that," started Tobias, patting his front. "I was celebrating my King's true form just a few minutes ago. Mid-flight. And now I've got a litter and a clutch in here. I can't say what it'll all amount to. But I'm looking forward to having them and my mate being a father again." He looked to his grumpy King and made his next sentence particularly loud. "Maybe then he would be a little more agreeable about certain things!"

Having said his piece, Tobias relaxed a little more and started to enjoy himself with the food and milk. Part of him wondered if Darius only planned to come out with that shirt and nothing else...Devan had enough to worry him without a cock to make a donkey envious swinging in front of him. That being the case, perhaps it was for the best that the poor farmer was nowhere to be seen.

Darius emerged a few moments later in a sky blue shirt and a pair of loose pants. "I don't like human pants. They don't have enough room," he groaned as he sat down besides Tobias. He placed his hand on his mate's huge belly. "Mages and warriors, Livian. Strong, brave, and smart, my children will be incredible." He kissed Tobias' cheek. "And this will not be the only batch."

"Yep. If the way we spend our days is any indication, I'll be like this more often than not." Tobias looked to the pair of pants that his King squeezed into. His behind was impressive enough to give the fabric some trouble, but the real problem was the lack of room in the crotch. Perhaps Tobias needed to find a way to get pants tailored for his King's human form that had a larger crotch area for the...the...Tobias needed to stop staring at it at the risk of being rude to Livian. His King could cuddle up to him all he wanted, but wanton staring was decidedly different.

Something odd occurred to him...more subtle rules of manners seemed to come to him very easily. But he wouldn't have known a thing about that before he met his King. Perhaps that one book he read unlocked a sort of social finesse? Whatever the case, he supposed he should just put it all to good use. He pulled his King in for a kiss, a little chaste for their tastes but not raunchy enough to make it seem like they'd want to be somewhere else.

"So how did you and Devan meet?", asked Tobias. "I know a lady must be discreet, but I think a tale of love shouldn't be out of bounds."

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by DragonKnight
11-15-2019, 01:27 AM