Closed call to honor (closed w/ thoughtless)
Vyra scoffs lightly at the name. Reylan — he’d have to remember that the next time the man came around, but hopefully it wouldn’t come to that if he could get things to go his way. “Who are your parents then, if Reylan isn’t?” He runs his tongue across his teeth, the tang of blood from the bit not long ago still present. He seems to hesitate at the question, but then he perks and nods, a new plan formulating. It was probably scummy to take advantage of a child like this, but he was looking out for himself, as selfish as that sounded. “Yes, we... I have to find a way out of these chains.” He rattles then again, twisting his wrists together. “I’ve been stuck here for awhile, though.” Vyra pauses and then continues carefully. “You can join too, if you’d like. We could be a team if you help me.”
She rolls her eyes in frustration. "Mummy and Daddy are my parents." Everyone knew that. A sadness washes over her face. She speaks softly. "Mummy was my parent..."

Not to be upset for long, as is the chaotic mind of a child, she listens intently as the strange man explains his game. It was so easy. It was like it was made for her.
"Okay I'll play. But I'm going to win." She scurries away and a few minutes later she comes back with a bit of twisted wire and a thin stick of metal. She pulls a chair from the kitchen and climbs on top, positioning herself in front of one of his ankle restraints. To Vyra's surprise, the tiny child begins to pick the lock.
He’s still confused at the situation even after she explains her parents, but he offers nothing more than a resigned nod after she finished speaking. As much as he wanted to know more, mostly because he was a curious individual himself, he also didn’t want to push his luck. Vyra watches as she scampers off, only to return with some odd materials. How a girl so young knew how to pick a lock like this was beyond him, but he allows her to work without interrupting. His heart pounds hard in his chest, and he’s so close to being free from the chains that escaping doesn’t feel like a far off fantasy. He could sneak out a back door and be gone within minutes; it all felt to be falling into place, in a peculiar sort of way. “Do you know where Reylan is right now?” he asks after a few moments.
"I'm right here." Reylan's voice booms, seething with anger at the scene before him. "Get away from him, Essa."

The little girl drops her shoulders and sighs, showing only annoyance rather than fear. "We were only playing your game. I was winning!"
"I'm sure you were." He pauses. "Is that how you got into my house in the middle of the night?"

She nods. "That back door is super easy."
"And my guards?"
She shrugs. "One of them was sleeping."

Reylan was quite certain he heard Vyra laugh. He kneels to the girl's level and ruffles her hair. "How about you head back outside and stay with Mr Gunter until I'm finished here. Then I'll take you home."
"But I don't want to go--"
"I'll stay the night. Be there when you wake up."
"Promise?"
"I promise."
She eyes him carefully. "Deal!" With that she scurries out the front door, leaving the strung up man without another thought. Reylan turns to his prisoner. "If you use her against me again, in any way, treaty or not, I will kill you."
Vyra snorts halfheartedly at the mention of a sleeping guard but gives nothing more. His gaze peels away from the girl, now presumably with a name, and levels with Reylan. He purses his lips, a slight frown quirking them after Essa had left. There went any opportunity of getting out of here unscathed, let alone escaping at all. Oddly enough, the comment regarding the sleeping guard put him a little less on edge; maybe they weren’t as strong and professional as he’d initially thought.

The shifter tips his head back, a hiss issued at the threat. “Whatever.” For a fleeting moment, he almost wonders if being put out of his misery would be a blessing compared to being shackled up here. “Take me off this wall, this is ridiculous.” The gentle tone he’d had with the girl was gone and back to its usual snappy and annoyed manner. “I just—“ His voice falters as does his expression, but he tries to sound confident yet. “I just want to lay down, is all...”
"I should leave you up all night for the stunt you just pulled," he responds taking a key from his pocket. He slips it into the collar's lock and with a sharp click, Vyra's first shackle fell to the floor. He opens the remaining locks, keeping hold of the chains and Vyra's body sags against the wall. He leads the smaller man into a shabbily furnished bedroom and attaches the shackles to the metal bed-frame. Looser than the wall, but still sturdy.
"Don't make me regret this."
He closes the bedroom door behind him and locks it. 2 guards had already entered the home to begin their shift. Reylan exits out the back and finds a young man still asleep on his duty. Without hesitation he balls his fist and strikes, sending the man tumbling backwards. Reylan's boot finds his ribs, then his spine. When he was finished the guard would never ever but the pack in jeopardy again, and he would have a limp for the foreseeable future.
The desire to run off after being let down from the wall was heavy, even though he still had most of the shackles on him. He knew he wouldn’t get far, however, and he barely had the energy to walk to the other room. His steps are more akin to a slow shuffle across the ground, and a few times Vyra nearly stumbles. When they get to the room and he’s locked back in place, again, on the bed, the small shifter issues a grunt in response to Reylan before turning onto his side and settling on the mattress, his back facing the door they’d entered from. While the sound of the guards keeps him up for a little bit, Vyra eventually succumbs to sleep, eyes falling closed and body going slack against the bed. He’d deal with the situation when he woke up, but for now, with a break away from Reylan and any others, Vyra takes the chance to catch up on a meager amount of rest. The only sound in the room is the soft in-and-out of his breaths.
Reylan finds Essa sitting on the front stoop tying together the shoelaces of a huge tank of a man. Reylan pats him on the back. "I'll take her from here, Gunter. You have the night watch."
" 'Course, sir."
Reylan scoops up the girl and puts her on his shoulders and they make their way down the path to a small cabin by the river. The door isn't locked and they walk inside. Reylan carries the girl past a dirty kitchen and to her bedroom. She climbs into bed without coaxing and yawns.
"You promise you'll be here in the morning?"
"I promise." She smiles and curls up, clinging to a stuffed rabbit. In moments she was asleep, and moments more before Reylan leaves the room and makes his way to the den. A disheveled looking man is passed out across the sofa. His arms dangle off of it, nearly touching the ground and a pool of drool and got knows what else stains the cushion under his head. Beer and whiskey bottles litter the floor. The man doesn't react at all as Reylan pulls an afghan from closet and makes himself comfortable in an old broken-down armchair.
Vyra isn’t sure how long he’d slept slept for, but when he finally wakes up sometime later, he’s still stuck in the same position he’d been in before completely passing out — locked up to a bed with no way out. The shifter pushes himself up into a sitting position on the mattress. He blinks the sleep from his eyes, pressing fingers against them and brushing stray strands of curly hair out of where they dangled before his face. A stifled yawn looses and he glances this way and that. A frown makes itself present on his tired and worn features as he notices he’s alone. Again.

There’s a rough scratchy feeling in the back of his throat, and when Vyra coughs he winces at the irritation it causes. Fingers curl into the sheets on the bed and, facing the door, Vyra calls out. “Hey!” His lips are dry and voice is hoarse. His black eye appears to have gotten worse since earlier as have the handful of bruises speckling his body from past struggle. “Mind offering up some water..? Anything?”

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Destiny Knows No Cessation (Closed with PoppedBB, graphic content warning) PregnantTyler 6 3,690 02-05-2020, 05:27 AM
Last Post: PregnantTyler
  The Dairy Debt (closed with DragonKnight) SnowWolf 11 3,442 11-15-2019, 01:27 AM
Last Post: DragonKnight
  Fur and claws. (Closed with BandOfMisfits.) SilentFeather 20 4,123 11-07-2019, 11:10 AM
Last Post: SilentFeather
  O Detective Conan X PKMN (Mpreg rp CLOSED w/Anime Ninshin-chan) Bloobloobedoo27 46 7,740 09-26-2019, 11:48 AM
Last Post: Ninshinluvr
  C Arranged or destiny (closed w/AegonAustin) bhdire8 161 23,974 09-17-2019, 08:43 AM
Last Post: AegonAustin
  True love. (Closed with bhdire8.) SilentFeather 786 89,206 09-09-2019, 05:29 PM
Last Post: SilentFeather
  Labor and Delivery Roleplay - Permanently Closed BabyDoctor 48 13,141 09-04-2019, 08:41 AM
Last Post: Choruku
  C Primal Urge (Closed with PregnantTyler) Klayko 61 13,880 08-24-2019, 09:45 PM
Last Post: PregnantTyler
  The Interview (Closed w/RedThunderYellowSky) Klayko 3 3,042 08-19-2019, 12:43 AM
Last Post: SimonBrownMpreg
  Set to Sea (closed RP with @bhdire8) sipscan330 110 18,901 08-12-2019, 11:26 AM
Last Post: bhdire8