The mythical world (opennnnnnnn)
Hits made a soft noise when he felt Storm curl up against him, somewhat waking up. At first he wanted to escape, but the warmth soaking into his back was so nice. He shifted a bit before relaxing again, giving a soft purr-like noise as he drifted off again.

Morning came soon enough, birds chirping outside the cave. Hits would have woken up to start the fire again, but he was just too comfortable and warm where he was. He didn't want to move.
Storm woke slowly and wiped at his eyes. He sat up slowly blinking quickly and recalled everything that had happened the day before, he looked over at Hits biting his lip lightly, he stood and hobbled over before starting the fire quickly. Once it was lit he headed out of the cave stretching his body a bit he strolled through the forest before finding a deer near the river. He crouched with his hurt leg extended behind him and jumped on to it quickly sinking his teeth into its neck for a quick painless death. He awkwardly through the dead creature over his shoulder and hobbled back to the cave laying it out front before sitting down whimpering a little at the pain in his leg
Hits gave a soft whine when Storm got up, shifting and curling up in his warm spot. He stayed asleep until he heard Storm drop the dead deer and whimper.

"Huh? What?" He muttered, sitting up and looking around. He noticed the fire was going again, and beyond that, he saw Storm. "Ah, you shouldn't be moving around so much." He said, going over to him. He knelt down and gently felt around his leg. It hadn't broken again, but the healing bone was sensitive. He adjusted the splint and sighed, glancing over at the deer.

"Well, that'll last us a while." He nodded, giving the wolf a small smile.
Storm smiled gently but winced as his sensitive leg was touched "Its fine, it will heal. I wanted to help out in some way, you seemed really hungry last night and you didn't get to eat much so I wanted to help" he said softly looking down at his hands shyly. He wasn't quite sure what was happening between them but he kind of liked it.

(How long should the pregnancy be for do you think?)
Hits sat back, using his strong tail like a seat. He gave a slightly bigger smile before getting up and grabbing Storm's crutch. "Thanks, but you really need to keep weight off that leg." He said, handing the stick to him.

"I'll prepare this...you get the fire really going." He said, looking at the deer. And without another word, he went about preparing the deer like he had with the rabbit. He laid the skin out in the sun to dry while he disposed of the organs and began stripping the meat. He wrapped some of it in thick leaves, while trimming other pieces for cooking over the fire. "If we can find salt, I can preserve some for later." He said, looking to the wolf.

(Eight weeks? Like a wolf litter? Hits will go into season at about the mid point)
Storm smiled gently and started the fire quickly humming softly to himself. He got a steady flame going before watching Hits curiously with the meat, wolves more often than not just cooked and ate everything, not much caring about pulling it apart. "I'm not quite sure where we could get salt from..." he said rubbing his neck lightly

(Sounds good to me :) )
Hits was quite skilled with his knife, cutting the deer into more manageable pieces and making it easier to cook. Raptors could be ravenous creatures when hungry enough, and were vicious hunters. But what they brought back was usually prepared like this.

He hummed to himself, trying to think where he could find salt. "I know its found in deep caves. Or we can preserve it in other ways." He shrugged. They'd probably end up eating it before then anyway.

He set some meat on a wide flat rock and moved it to the fire, setting it so the heat warmed the rock from the underside. He sat beside Storm with a pair of sticks to move the meat with, giving the wolf a cute smile. "I used to help the cooks...when I was too small to hunt. Our cooks are usually those of us who are a bit too old to hunt, but not too old to be useless." He nodded.
Storm watches fascinated and nodded a little, it was strange to hear of another creatures traditions, so used to being around the one animal. "The elders are often left to do nothing, like a sign of respect in our packs, obviously that will only depend on what they did when they were young. The more respected get the good meat from the hunt, then the healers and the hunters eat at the same time, then the children who are old enough to eat meat but not quite old enough to hunt and then the disrespected, the older wolves who are seen as having done little, the bad hunters and healers, the children who should be hunting but are not...me" he said shrugging a little. "More often than not the meats not even cooked, it's only cooked on special occasions like the full moons and the end of mating season when there are pregnant wolves, almost as a celebration of the coming of new life" he said shrugging a little.
Hits listened with a look on his face like a curious child, wolves sounding so different from his own people, yet somehow similar. "We exile our useless...those who have no skills to pass on, or have gone mad in their old age. Those with injuries that prevent them from being useful...Sometimes they hang around and pick scraps off the bones. But its usually the children's job to chase them off." He said, tilting his head. "Sometimes we held ceremonies where an elder of note would kill themselves. All the strongest hunters would then eat some of them. Not all of it tho...sort of taking a piece of a great hunter into themselves to take in his skill." He said, shrugging. Then we bury the rest." He nodded

He flipped the meat over to let the other side cook, shifting to sit closer to Storm.
Storm watched the meat and felt his tail wrap around Hits' gently. "I don't think I could do it, exile the old or killing them, I mean, they worked so hard throughout their lives, it's kind of sad" he said softly and laid his head on Hits' shoulder sighing softly
Hits gave a small shrug at Storm's comment. "We don't want to become burdens. Or take food away from the strong. We honor our strongest warriors and hunters. They kill themselves in a ceremony." He nodded. His tail shifted when he felt the soft fur of the wolf's, glancing at him when he leaned on his shoulder.
Storm curled up a bit rubbing at his eyes, watching the fire made him sleepy again "I guess I get it" he said quietly still with his head on Hits' shoulder "I suppose if you don't want to be seen as weak ever you would want to die at your strongest point...I just wouldn't want that for myself"
Hits nodded, watching the fire quietly. It reflected in his eyes, making it almost seem like the fire burned inside. "Its seen as strong to be able to take your own life. To be in control of when death comes." He muttered, poking the fire idly and watching some embers float away. "I'm not strong enough. But, I guess I've helped. One less mouth to feed." He sighed.

He moved to pull the stone cooking the meat away from the fire, letting it cool a bit. "Smells so much better after it cooked." He purred, tail wiggling against Stofm's. He paused, looking back. He gently slipped one arm back to touch the wolf's tail, hesitantly at first, then a bit more bold. "Never felt wolf fur...its so soft."
Storm looked at Hits as he spoke "You're plenty strong, you don't need to kill yourself to prove that" he said softly. And hummed happily smelling the meat, he could feel the saliva pooling in his mouth.

As soon as his tail was touched he closed his eyes, a shiver ran through him. He absolutely loved people petting his fur, he felt his hind leg rut a bit in excitement, his tail started to wag a bit as it was touched "I don't know why it's so soft, there's no real reason for it" he said quietly biting his lip, his eyes still closed
Hits made a small noise at Storm's comment, glancing to him and giving a small smile. Maybe he was right. Maybe he could prove his kind wrong, that continuing to survive was strength.

His hand paused at the wolf's reaction, glancing to him before continuing. He tilted his head at the twitchy leg, then pulled his hand away when the tail started to move, thinking he was trying to bat it away. But hearing Storm's words, he moved to run his fingers through the fur again. "Its different. Not rough or oily like the fur of prey I've taken...but, more like the rabbit's fur." He said, hand slowly shifting higher, towards the base of his tail. "Our young is born with a soft feathery coating for warmth. But we shed it as we grow. Losing your fluff is a sign you are no longer a child. And growing adult feathers is a second passage." He nodded, shifting his tail. He didn't have as many feathers as most of his kind, but he did have a small plume at the tip of his tail.
Storm felt his tongue fall out of his mouth enjoying the rubs, it looked quite funny on his almost human looking face but it was simply a reaction that was more wolf based. He had his eyes closed as he nodded moving closer to Hits, almost on top of him as he cuddled into his side happily.
Hits watched Storm's reaction, tilting his head gently. He slowly moved his hand higher, onto the wolf's lower back. It was amusing, and very cute, to see the wolf react to something as simple as some gentle scratching.
Storm felt a shiver run down his spine and whined out loud, his eyes closed still, his tail wags happily.
Hits couldn't help a bubbly little laugh when Storm whined, tilting his head and stopping. "Is that spot sensitive?" He asked, gently scratching the area with one finger.
Storm whined again and nodded, his leg starting to thump on the ground happily. He howled out quietly moving closer again to Hits

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Mythical world(with Dusty) Littleittyboy 131 14,079 09-15-2018, 09:52 AM
Last Post: Dusty779
  O The Battle Against Mythical Races Roxas Atlas 1 930 11-27-2016, 12:56 AM
Last Post: ShadowsWolf
  (A fallen world, Closed with bhdire8 ) secretsparrow 119 17,178 10-26-2016, 10:04 PM
Last Post: bhdire8
  Living in a barren world((PAFP NSFW)) ~Zacharie~ 0 682 12-14-2015, 11:51 PM
Last Post: ~Zacharie~
  The mythical forest(open) Littleittyboy 1 890 11-06-2015, 07:49 AM
Last Post: Dots
  Preggo World (Closed with PregnantLad) SeanWoods221 67 10,738 10-17-2015, 06:01 PM
Last Post: PregnantLad
  Mythical Ranch (Closed with BabyDaddy) WolfenBreeder 46 12,052 07-17-2015, 02:56 AM
Last Post: WolfenBreeder
  World take over (Closed with DragonKnight) VenusLove 13 3,805 04-16-2015, 11:27 PM
Last Post: VenusLove
  New world, new hope.(closed) Okamiryun 41 10,142 12-06-2014, 06:44 PM
Last Post: Okamiryun
  myth world (open) wulf1walker 328 116,921 08-11-2013, 11:05 AM
Last Post: Littleittyboy