first came babies...then came love. (Closed with chrome)
The drive back to the compound was awkward, and best silent, save for the soft little sounds coming from the dvd in back.

The twins seemed somewhat subdued, and not at all hyper like the omega had expected they would be after a treat of cocoa. Maybe they hadn't drank much, being much to intune to their surroundings for such young children.

It was short work getting the twins out of the car and inside the house, turning them over to one of the house guards, with orders to just watch them as they played or napped in the play room. Lucifer had become vocal about wanting his mother, that was no surprise, but the alpha assured him he'd return quickly and it warmed both their hearts, when they saw the elder twin grab the youngers hand and pull him over to a pile blocks.

Toddlers taken care of, Shawn pulled the reluctant alpha in direction of the corridors that separated the house from the inner workings of the compound. And in there they found the medic, who placed stitches in the deepest gouges and then wrapped it in white guaze and black ace bandage.

"We should talk, ya know", Shawn said as they walked back to the main house.

He sighed at the alphas continued silence and decided to take a chance and wrap an arm around his waist and lay his head on his shoulder.

"Wanna take a walk?"
Diesel sat in silence as the medic worked on his hand. The medic had given his hand a shot of Novocaine so he didn't feel it anymore and the stitching didn't bother him. He would heal faster than a normal human but still not fast enough for his own preference. Diesel usually just did his best to not get hurt -- which, given his line of business, had surprisingly worked thus far. There wasn't really a time that he could remember being wounded, aside from bruising. Maybe when he was a child.

Lost in his own thought it seemed like in no time he and Shawn were walking back in the direction of the house. His hand, still numb, was now expertly wrapped in a black ace bandage. He attempted to move a finger but the Novocaine prevented any reaction aside from a small twitch in the digit.

Red eyes glanced away from the finger and towards Shawn at the sudden words that broke the silence. 'We should talk.' The words made him frown and he looked down at his feet as they kept walking.

Diesel wasn't good at talking, especially not about the things he was sure Shawn wanted to hear. Sometimes he could say it in German -- for some reason that seemed easier, though even this time he wasn't sure he could. He liked using German because there were few people who could understand him around here when he spoke it, however this time the person he would be talking to knew a far amount of German perhaps more than before simply from living with Diesel for so long.

Again he was broken from his thoughts by Shawn pulling himself close, which was surprisingly nice for Diesel. It showed him that Shawn wasn't too angry about the incident in the mall, at least not enough to keep away from Diesel. He appreciated the motion and didn't bother to push Shawn away despite the guards that still strode around the area.

He glanced down at Shawn before taking in a deep breath and letting it out slowly. "Fine," he relented, though he really did not want to have this talk. "But not far from the house." Diesel already missed the twins more than he cared to admit, perhaps it was because the last time he'd seen them he'd hardly been able to do much more than ruffle their hair with his good hand and promise to be back shortly.
[Image: UXpL7lx.png]

By what right does the wolf judge the lion?"

"Just around the inner perimeter" Shawn assured, slipping his hand down to link their fingers. It was maybe a bit of a gamble, but the worst that Diesel could do would be to his shove him away and the omega had s feeling he wouldn't anyway.

"I think I know why you acted like you did, and I wanna apologize", Shawn started.
Diesel frowned and let out a huff of air, his fingers instinctively tightening around Shawn's hand that had linked together with his own. He didn't understand why Shawn was apologizing when it had been Diesel who had more than likely overreacted. He lead them around the house towards the area of cliff side that wasn't too steep to walk up and had a small trail that would lead to area of cliff above the house. Shawn knew of this place of course -- he'd spiderman-ed down it a number of times before the twins had been born.

"It was an overreaction," Diesel admitted, though he wouldn't meet Shawn's gaze while he spoke. He wasn't used to verbally expressing his thoughts or emotions and this was rather difficult for him.

He slipped his hand free from Shawn and shoved it in his pocket -- not because he didn't want to hold Shawn's hand but because he was feeling slightly ashamed of himself. "I suppose I haven't grown up as much as I would have thought."

Shawn ignored the disappointment he felt when Diesel pulled his hand away and slid the hand I to a pocket. The words were surprising though and the omega tucked his own hands into his packets as he listened.

"I think you're plenty mature, just a little hot headed", the omega laughed as he walked beside the alpha.

"And really, my heat nearing, probably had something to do with your feelings...maybe", he shrugged a little and stopped when he saw the alpha stop.
Hot-headed? That might have been one of the biggest understatements Diesel had heard coming out of the omega's mouth. He rolled his eyes as he walked beside the omega. It certainly felt like more than just hot-headedness that had it's grip on Diesel. More like some manic need to be in control or keep anything he deemed his as his. The scary part of that being that he often felt that way about others too -- it had taken almost two years to leave his guards alone with the twins so that he and Shawn could take a break and still he wasn't comfortable with it.

Diesel stopped in his tracks at Shawn's confession, this time his red eyes did move from the ground to Shawn's face. He was hesitating, he could feel that much. Unsure of how to feel about Shawn's confession or why Shawn even told him this. In the past Shawn had simply dealt with it on his own, keeping away while his heat came or going to Diesel's brother Ahren for suppressants.

"Do you..." he paused, taking his hand out of his pocket to run through his hair. "Do you want to go to Ahren's?"

Shawn smiled at the unsure words and leaned back on his heels. "Nope. I'm gonna go through this heat without suppressants. I usually do once a year", he admitted, wondering if the alpha recalled the vacations the omega took once a year for a few days.

"Its so I'm sure that the suppressants don't mess with my fertility", he explained with a shrug, then teasingly, because when would he ever have another chance like this.

"I mean if you wanna help me, I wouldn't say no", he but his tongue and waited for the alpha explode.

Maybe he'd need to make use of his skills of spidering his way down the cliff side. The thought brought a giggle up his throat, but pushed it down and bit harder on his tongue
Diesel could understand the omega's choice, knowing how much suppressants had messed up his brother's internal workings. Of course Ahren had his own private supply that he concocted for no one else but himself in order to keep himself as alpha-like as possible while running a business as dangerous as they did. However, because of it's strength and the fact that Ahren never went without it, he knew it was unlikely that his brother would ever have children of his own.

Diesel and his brother hadn't gotten along for a majority of their teenage/young adult life, but recently they'd been getting closer -- the twins helped that along -- and Diesel knew his brother well enough that the idea wounded him more than he let on. Ahren loved his family and that's why he ruined himself to keep the Vieth name at the top of their black market rankings. However that same love for his family had ruined his own chance to start one; the double edged sword his brother had chosen to wield.

Instead Diesel simply nodded, chewing on the inside of his cheek. Shawn being gone meant he'd be taking care of the twins by himself until the heat had passed, which seemed to get increasingly difficult as the twins got older. He was sure he could manage it, but part of him would miss having the omega around.

Perhaps more than just a part.

An eyebrow raised at Shawn's next statement. "Help you through your heat?" Diesel scoffed. "After the fit I pulled today? No thank you. On top of that I think the twins are a handful as it is, let's not risk adding to the family just yet." Apparently he didn't even catch the words as they came out of his mouth, not understanding the depth those words could have. Instead he continued up the trail towards the height of the cliff.

"Besides," he added to the omega behind him, though he didn't look back. "You'd be disappointed."

"It was just a thought", the omega replied offhand. "I didn't think you actually would and I wasn't expecting you to,".

He walked up to the alpha and leaned over his shoulder, breathing intentionally into the alphas ear. "I also very much doubt that I'd have been disappointed. I mean, we shared a bed...still do", he pressed a quick kiss on the alphas cheek before runnig ahead of him, and turning to face him as he walked backwards.

"But you're right, I'm not much into having a baby just yet either, I want to focus on helping raise the twins. It's why I take birth control everyday...you never know what might just happen", with a wink and smirk, the omega took off at a jog up the incline.

"Last one back that house has to read the twins to sleep tonight."
Diesel froze at the planted kiss on his cheek -- Shawn was daring but even that was the closest 'romantic' action he'd taken. He shook his head to free himself from thoughts, trying to just pass it off as the omega being close to his heat.

During the omega's closeness he'd definitely caught a whiff of the sweet omega scent that had in fact grown stronger. Diesel had passed it off as normal but now that he understood how close the omega was to his heat it certainly made more sense. The smell of it sent shivers down his back and he wasn't quite sure how to react -- the alpha part of him wanted to flirt and impress whereas the other part of him wanted to put his foot down and reinstate that he wasn't ready for anything like that. He was still out of control and dangerous and despite his past he didn't want to hurt Shawn.

"Is that what you take everyday?" Diesel finally found his voice and was able to taunt back. "I thought it was sugar pills to keep that energy of yours up."

Red eyes rolled as Shawn ran up the trail with a declaration of a race. "Alright," he agreed, though he didn't move from his spot. Instead he simply slipped out of his jacket and shirt -- they were expensive and he didn't want to rip them with his next actions -- despite the chill in the air, not that it bothered him anyway.

Almost as soon as he was shirtless the two inky tattered wings shot from his back as he lifted himself into the air with a gust of wind. It took one pump of his wings before he was above the front door and from there he simply let himself fall back to the ground -- bones light like a bird and impervious to the fall.

"Remember it was your idea, Shawn," he called back as he opened the front door and walked in, leaving the door open for Shawn to follow through once he got down from the cliff.

"You cheated!" Shawn exclaimed as he made his way into the kitchen where the alpha leaned against a counter drinking what looked like water.

"You flew...I'm human, I can't do that", he complained, even though there was no heat behind it and he himself reached to a glass to poor himself some cold purified water.

If the smirk on the alphas lips were anything to go by, then his mood had improved and that made the omega happy.

"Well I'll take my loss like a champ. 'Sides I wanna say goodbye before I leave tonight anyway" he said, stopping only to take a sip from his glass.

"I mean I know I'll only be gone for two or three days tops, but I'm gonna miss the little bats", his grinned at the new nickname he'd come up with for them, and then shook his head and smiled at the alpha.

"How about you join us, that way I can say it all at the same time and I don't have to risk crying just cause my hormones are outta wack".

Placing the now empty glass into the sink and not waiting for an answer, Shawn started to walk out of the room. " I'm gonna pack and then catch a shower. I'll meet you in the boys room in and hour ".
Diesel let out a light chuckle as Shawn finally managed his way inside only a couple minutes afterwards. Diesel had discarded his jacket and shirt on the table top before heading over to the sink where he poured himself a glass of water, his temperature high from having released and then recalled his wings in quick succession. Already there was a glistening of sweat on his torso.

"It's not cheating," he replied casually, though the smirk was still on his face. "You only suggested a race, you never made any rules. Thus there was no rules to break which means I was not, in fact, cheating."

Watching Shawn sip from his own glass of water, Diesel's smirk disappeared slightly. "You're leaving tonight?" He asked, not sure how he felt about that. Usually Shawn gave more of a notice than this and he he couldn't help but wonder if there was indeed something wrong.

The only omega Diesel had been around had been Shea and he wasn't exactly a model omega to base heats and the like on -- considering Shea hadn't even gone into heat while he'd been with Diesel due to his irregular cycle and then shockingly getting pregnant with Maverick despite not being in heat at the time.

"Bats don't have feathers," he added to the Shawn's back as the omega headed towards the stairs to go into his bedroom that had really become mostly a storage space for Shawn's things.

The shower had helped to cool him off, not that it had been particularly warm or that their little race had even been that far, but his approaching heat had Shawn feeling as if his blood was slowly turning into lava.

He had to leave tonight, being close to the alpha was speeding thing along, and Shawn wasn't sure if Diesel could keep himself from responding to an omega in blown heat. He knew he wouldn't be able to resist any advances the alpha might give and honestly, he didn't want to either.

Still, it would t be fair, and well, it was just best for both of them that he leave as soon as possible.

He'd packed his clothing and the things he'd need before his shower and sat them beside the door Changing into a pair of thin, butter soft jeans, and one of the desingef t-shirts Diesel had bought him sometime ago, Shawn walked to the twins bedroom, where no doubt the alpha was already putting them down for the night.

He stood in the door way and grinned as he watched Diesel try to wrestle off the red haired toddler clinging to his shirt, and instead looked at the blomde twin who giggled madly from his own bed.

"Looks like that chocolate finally caught up to them", he laughed, moving in to help and get the story started and goodbyes out of the way.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Destiny Knows No Cessation (Closed with PoppedBB, graphic content warning) PregnantTyler 6 3,699 02-05-2020, 05:27 AM
Last Post: PregnantTyler
  The Dairy Debt (closed with DragonKnight) SnowWolf 11 3,447 11-15-2019, 01:27 AM
Last Post: DragonKnight
  Fur and claws. (Closed with BandOfMisfits.) SilentFeather 20 4,127 11-07-2019, 11:10 AM
Last Post: SilentFeather
  O Detective Conan X PKMN (Mpreg rp CLOSED w/Anime Ninshin-chan) Bloobloobedoo27 46 7,749 09-26-2019, 11:48 AM
Last Post: Ninshinluvr
  C Arranged or destiny (closed w/AegonAustin) bhdire8 161 23,993 09-17-2019, 08:43 AM
Last Post: AegonAustin
  True love. (Closed with bhdire8.) SilentFeather 786 89,306 09-09-2019, 05:29 PM
Last Post: SilentFeather
  Labor and Delivery Roleplay - Permanently Closed BabyDoctor 48 13,152 09-04-2019, 08:41 AM
Last Post: Choruku
  C Primal Urge (Closed with PregnantTyler) Klayko 61 13,937 08-24-2019, 09:45 PM
Last Post: PregnantTyler
  The Interview (Closed w/RedThunderYellowSky) Klayko 3 3,051 08-19-2019, 12:43 AM
Last Post: SimonBrownMpreg
  Set to Sea (closed RP with @bhdire8) sipscan330 110 18,931 08-12-2019, 11:26 AM
Last Post: bhdire8