The Delivery Ward (NSFW) (CLOSED)
(04-24-2015, 10:54 PM)doctorsin Wrote: Room 302 (Rose):
    "If you are only 8 months along it is very early for you to be going into labor so when Dr. Pierce comes in he will have to decide if he wants to try and stop your labor or let things continue. But for now I am going to have you change into a gown while I go grab your file and then we will get you settled in before the doctor examines you." Tiffany explains as the orderly leaves with the wheelchair and she reaches to hand Rose the gown that was laying on the foot of the bed. "Will you need any help changing?"

"No I don't need help thank you for asking. I know it's early and what will happen if the dr tries and stops my labor do I go home or stay here?" She asks as she leans on the bed
Room 304:
Gavin shook his head. "No I don't need help, and I don't have anyone." He said before another contraction hit. He grabbed the side of the bed and did his breathing.
Room 302:
"If the doctor decides to stop labor he will most likely keep you here for at least a few days for monitoring to make sure that it doesn't restart and to keep an eye on you and the babies. Is there anyone that I can call for you to let them know you are here?"
Room 304:
Before Jennifer can leave to alone to change a contraction starts up. As he grabs onto the side of the bed and begins his breathing, Jennifer reaches out and rubs his shoulder in support. "Just keep breathing like that, you are doing great". When the contraction ends she helps him settle back in the bed. "Why don't you change now before the next one hits, and I will be back in a few minutes to start your IV and hook you up to the monitors," she tells him kindly as she moves to close the curtain around his bed before exiting the room to go get his file and the supplies she needs for the IV.
Room 304:
After nurse Jennifer left the room, Gavin slowly maneuvered himself so that he could change into the gown. This wasn't the easiest of feats, with the weight of the twins making every movement that much harder. Finally, he removed his clothing and got on the gown. Just as he was back in a comfortable position, another contraction wracked his body. When it was over, he sat on the bed taking deep breaths and rubbing his dome-like belly as he waited for the nurse to return.
Room 304:
After leaving he room Jennifer made quick work of retrieving Gavin's records before going to the supply cabinet and filling up a tray of the different items she would need. Heading back to the patients room she closes the door behind her before stopping just outside the curtain. "Is it all right to come in?" She asks. After hearing his response she moves the curtain aside and places her tray on the table next to the bed. "Okay Gavin, I got your records and notified Dr. Pierce that you are here and he will be here in a bit to examine you," she tells him as she moves to the sink to wash her hands. "For now though I am just going to check and see if I can see the position of your babies and then set up the monitors. Can you lift your gown for me?"
Room 302:
Rose got her gown on and laid in the bed trying to get comfortable as another contraction came. She waited for the nurse to come back with her file and hoped the doctor would come soon so she would know if he was going to try to stop it and if so how he was going to try to stop it.
Room 302:
It took her a little while to locate Rose's file but after finally finding it and placing a brief call to Dr. Pierce she quickly grabbed the necessary supplies before returning to the room. After entering the room she stopped outside of the curtain and asked if it was okay to enter. When she heard Rose's reply she entered the curtained area and began placing her supplies on the table beside the bed. "I just spoke to Dr. Pierce and he is on his way up," she tells Rose as she washes her hands and begins to prepare the monitors. "Before he gets here I am going to start your IV and hook you up to the monitors. I am going to start with the monitors so we can check on your little ones. Can you raise your gown for me? Do you have any questions about anything?"
Room 302:
She lifted her gown up "what's going in the IV? If he stops my labor will I still be wearing the monitors?" She asks as she watches the nurse put the monitors on
Room 302:
"For right now the IV will just be for saline solution but we want it in place so the doctor can add whatever medications he sees fit when he examines you. The monitors will need to stay on for a while either way as we will want to monitor the babies through labor since they are preterm or if the doctor decides to try and stop labor to make sure they are handling everything okay." Nurse Tiffany explains as she quickly locates both babies and straps the sensors to Rose's stomach and hooks them up to the monitors. When she is finished and the heart rates are being shown on the screen she moves to put on a pair of gloves. "The monitors are all set so you can lower the gown. Now lets get your IV set up."
Room 302:
She puts her gown down and puts her arm out instead so Tiffany can look for a vain as she looks at the heartbeats "are those healthy heartbeats?" She asks worried for her baby girls
Room 302:
Tiffany looks up from where she is applying the tourniquet to Rose's arm and searching for a vein. "Both heartbeats look very good right now," she tells Rose with a comforting smile. Finding a vein quickly she wipes off Rose's arm and picks up the IV needle. "You are going to feel a little pinch," she warns. "Do you know what you are having?" she asks trying to distract Rose as she inserts the needle.
Room 302:
"Yeah twin girls. I just want them to be healthy and happy." She says looking back at the heartbeats "is there sound to it where I can hear their heartbeats?" She asks looking back at he nurse
Room 302:
"Yes of course there is. Let me just finish up with this and then I will turn the sound on for you," Tiffany answers as she finishes up the IV. Once she has the saline bag hanging and has started the drip she cleans up the IV materials and disposes of them before removing her gloves and going over to the monitors to turn the volume on low so that the heartbeats can be heard throughout the room. "There you go. I am going to let the doctor know you are all set. Is there anything I can get you in the meantime?"
Room 302:
"Something to drink" she says as she closes her eyes listening to the sound of the twins as she rubs the top of her belly
Room 302:
"Not a problem. I will bring you some water and ice chips in a few minutes. Just try and rest and the doctor will be in to see you shortly. If you need anything else, just use your call button." Tiffany tells Rose before closing the curtain once more and leaving the room to get the doctor and water and ice chips.
(can I jump in please?)
pregnant and smoking!
Room 304:
Gavin slowly lifted his gown for nurse Jennifer. "What's going in the IV? Just a saline solution or pain relief?" Gavin asked her.
Room 304:
Once Gavin had raised his gown Jennifer began the process of locating the babies and placing the monitors against his stomach before strapping them in place. "The IV will just be giving a saline solution for now, but we like to have it in place in case other medications are needed later on. We don't like to use a lot of pain medication here so it won't be used unless absolutely necessary or in case you ask for it later on." Nurse Jennifer explains to him as she finishes setting up the monitors and watches as the heartbeats begin to be displayed before lowering his gown back over his stomach. "There we go. Now lets get that IV hooked up and then I will let you rest until the doctor comes in."
Tim rushes into the hospital, anxiously searching for a nurse or orderly, "My partner is having a baby! We need some help now!" Scott slowly waddles in behind his clearly flustered boyfriend, "Honey, you need to calm down. I'm the one having these babies, and you're more worked up about it than I am." He makes it to the nurses' desk and lets them know he is in labor with the contractions coming every 15 minutes or so. "My doctor is Kara Wells. Can you please let her know we're here and that Tim needs a tranquilizer?"

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Destiny Knows No Cessation (Closed with PoppedBB, graphic content warning) PregnantTyler 6 3,703 02-05-2020, 05:27 AM
Last Post: PregnantTyler
  The Dairy Debt (closed with DragonKnight) SnowWolf 11 3,449 11-15-2019, 01:27 AM
Last Post: DragonKnight
  Fur and claws. (Closed with BandOfMisfits.) SilentFeather 20 4,129 11-07-2019, 11:10 AM
Last Post: SilentFeather
  O Detective Conan X PKMN (Mpreg rp CLOSED w/Anime Ninshin-chan) Bloobloobedoo27 46 7,753 09-26-2019, 11:48 AM
Last Post: Ninshinluvr
  C Arranged or destiny (closed w/AegonAustin) bhdire8 161 24,004 09-17-2019, 08:43 AM
Last Post: AegonAustin
  True love. (Closed with bhdire8.) SilentFeather 786 89,341 09-09-2019, 05:29 PM
Last Post: SilentFeather
  Labor and Delivery Roleplay - Permanently Closed BabyDoctor 48 13,163 09-04-2019, 08:41 AM
Last Post: Choruku
  C Primal Urge (Closed with PregnantTyler) Klayko 61 13,956 08-24-2019, 09:45 PM
Last Post: PregnantTyler
  The Interview (Closed w/RedThunderYellowSky) Klayko 3 3,051 08-19-2019, 12:43 AM
Last Post: SimonBrownMpreg
  Set to Sea (closed RP with @bhdire8) sipscan330 110 18,951 08-12-2019, 11:26 AM
Last Post: bhdire8