The Delivery Ward (NSFW) (CLOSED)
Room 304:
Gavin nodded ever so slightly at the doctor's words. He watched as the doctor felt his swollen midsection. "Is everything okay?"
Room 304:
Dr. Pierce continues to palpate Gavin's stomach feeling down lower trying to locate the first baby's head. "Baby B is currently breech but that is normal since the second baby usually has less space to turn around. They will sometimes turn after the first baby is delivered or we can try and turn them after the first is out, so this is not something to be concerned about." Dr. Pierce moves away from the bed and begins to put on a pair of gloves and grabs a small package of lubricant. "Baby A has moved down in your pelvis too far for me to feel from outside. Right now I am going to do an internal exam to check your dilation and to see if I can feel the baby. If I can't feel the baby I am going to order an internal ultrasound so that we can get a good picture of what is going on. For right now though I am going to have you put your feet flat on the bed and let your knees fall apart for me."
Room 308:
This contraction lasts a little longer than the others. Scott struggles to keep his breathing calm. Tim looks at Dr. Wells with some concern, "Is everything ok? Is this normally how it works?" He notices the first signs of sweat forming on his boyfriend's forehead. "Can I get a cool washcloth for Scott?"
Room 308:
"Don't worry Tim as hard as it is to watch your partner go through this, things are supposed to progress like this and he and the babies handled the contraction well. As we get closer contractions will get stronger and more frequent and of course you can get him a cool washcloth. There are some clothes stacked over by the sink," Dr. Wells tells Tim as he moves to the sink while she glances at Scott as he recovers from his contraction. "You doing okay, Scott? That was a big one."
"I've been better. It feels like the babies are moving down." Tim returns with the washcloth and rubs it across Scott's forehead and on his neck. He begins to notice that Scott's belly has gotten a bit lower than it used to be. "Can I get on the labor ball now? My back is really bothering me laying in this bed."
Room 308:
"Both heartbeats look strong so I don't see a problem with unhooking the monitors for a while and letting you go on the birthing ball. Let me just finish the exam and then I will have the nurse bring the ball in for you. Now lets start the exam before the next contraction comes. I am going to start by checking your stomach to see if we can determine the positions of the babies. This won't hurt but it might be a little uncomfortable," Dr. Wells explains before reaching over and carefully palpating Scott's extended stomach to locate the babies and determine their positions.
"I'm not sure they like that so much, Doc. They're kicking pretty hard." Tim smiled, "Well, at least, we know they're healthy."
Room 308:
"Most babies don't like this part,'' Dr. Wells laughs as she continues her exam, "I think it confuses them as to why someone is poking them when they are used to being the ones kicking and pushing. The good news is that both babies are high enough right now that I can clearly feel that they are both head down so natural delivery is definitely in the cards for today rather than worrying about a c-section," she tells the men as she finishes the exam and moves to put on a pair of gloves. "All right lets move on to the internal exam now. I know it isn't fun but I promise to be as quick as I can. Can you place your feet flat on the bed and let your knees fall apart for me?"
Room 308:
Scott feels a little uncomfortable about being in such a vulnerable state with his legs and "business" wide open for the world to see, but, then he realizes it was all going to be seen at some point anyway since he was giving birth soon. He grabs Tim's hand, looks up at the ceiling, and gasps as Dr. Wells probe his birth canal.
Room 308:
Dr. Wells gently inserts her fingers into Scott's birth canal once Scott moves into the right position. "I know it is uncomfortable but you are doing great. I am almost done," she tells Scott upon hearing him gasp as she moved her fingers around inside the pregnant man. After a few minutes she removes her fingers and pulls off her glove before helping to cover Scott back up. "I am all done, you did great Scott. It looks like you are about 5 cms and 40% effaced so you still have a ways to go. But I will go get Nurse Katherine and have her bring you a birthing ball. I have to go check on another patient but do either of you have any questions that I can answer for you before I go?"
Room 308:
"Is there anything I can do to help speed this along?" As soon as he gets the words out, Scott grits his teeth and clenches his fists in the bed sheets as his body tenses up with a contraction. Tim sees that this is the most painful contraction thus far. "Breathe, honey, breathe. Hee hee hoo, hee hee hoo. Just imagine the birth canal stretching and opening up for the babies." Scott is starting to get a little annoyed, "I don't have to imagine it. I can feel it happening right now. Fuck, this really hurts." Tim has never heard his boyfriend use language like this before.
Room 302:
Rose lays there watching tv and eating ice chips as she waits for the doctor to come wondering what's going to happen
Room 308:
"I know it hurts but just breath the way Tim is coaching you, it really does help," Dr. Wells tells Scott as he is hit with another contraction. "If you want to speed things up there are several things that we can do such as give you some pitocin or we can break your water, but I would prefer to hold off on either of those for a while if we can and just let things happen at their own pace for now, since either of these methods cause the contractions to be more intense than normal. I would recommend either walking the halls or using the ball to help stimulate things for now, however it is up to you."
(04-26-2015, 05:16 PM)doctorsin Wrote: Room 304:
Dr. Pierce continues to palpate Gavin's stomach feeling down lower trying to locate the first baby's head. "Baby B is currently breech but that is normal since the second baby usually has less space to turn around. They will sometimes turn after the first baby is delivered or we can try and turn them after the first is out, so this is not something to be concerned about." Dr. Pierce moves away from the bed and begins to put on a pair of gloves and grabs a small package of lubricant. "Baby A has moved down in your pelvis too far for me to feel from outside. Right now I am going to do an internal exam to check your dilation and to see if I can feel the baby. If I can't feel the baby I am going to order an internal ultrasound so that we can get a good picture of what is going on. For right now though I am going to have you put your feet flat on the bed and let your knees fall apart for me."
Room 304:

Gavin nodded and laid his feet flat on the bed, his legs opening on their own just a little bit. He closed his eyes slightly, never liking when the doctor put his hand up "there".
Room 304:
Dr. Wells finishes putting on the gloves and moves to sit next to Gavin's feet before moving his gown out of the way and spreading his legs further to give her better access. "Okay Gavin I know this isn't your favorite thing but I promise to be as quick as I can," she tells him as she places lubricant on two of her fingers. "You are going to feel some pressure now" she warns before gently inserting her fingers into his opening and begins moving them around so that she can examine his cervix and try and feel Baby A.
Gavin focused on the babies' heartbeats and took a deep breath as he adjusted to pressure of Dr. Pierce's fingers while he examined his cervix and looked for baby A.
Room 304:
After a few moments Dr. Pierce finishes his exam and removes his fingers before taking off his gloves and recovering Gavin with the gown. "So there is good news and bad news," he says as he disposes of his gloves. "The good news is that you are at 6 cms and about 50% effaced so you see a little over halfway there. The bad news is that the baby is still too high for me to feel so I am going to order an internal ultrasound so we can get an idea of what is going on. Now it is going to take a little while to get the machine up here so for kow I want you to relax and not worry about anything. This is all precautionary so it could be for nothing but we need to know what the first baby is doing. Do you have any questions before I go?"
Room 304:
Gavin had a million questions swimming around in his head, but he was unable to form them into a valid sentence, so he shook his head not quite able to speak at the moment. He knew it was all precautionary, but he still couldn't help but worry. This were his babies after all.
(04-26-2015, 08:05 PM)pregnantlover24 Wrote: Room 302:
Rose lays there watching tv and eating ice chips as she waits for the doctor to come wondering what's going to happen

Room 302: 
After finishing up with Gavin Dr. Pierce headed down the hallway to check on his other patient. Knocking on the door frame he walked into the room and into the curtained off area. "Hi Rose, I wasn't expecting to see you here for a while. How are you doing?"
Room 304:
A little while after Dr. Pierce leaves the room, Nurse Jennifer enters bringing Gavin a new container of ice chips. "I just came in to bring you these and to check how your little ones are doing. How are you holding up?" she asks him.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Destiny Knows No Cessation (Closed with PoppedBB, graphic content warning) PregnantTyler 6 3,703 02-05-2020, 05:27 AM
Last Post: PregnantTyler
  The Dairy Debt (closed with DragonKnight) SnowWolf 11 3,449 11-15-2019, 01:27 AM
Last Post: DragonKnight
  Fur and claws. (Closed with BandOfMisfits.) SilentFeather 20 4,128 11-07-2019, 11:10 AM
Last Post: SilentFeather
  O Detective Conan X PKMN (Mpreg rp CLOSED w/Anime Ninshin-chan) Bloobloobedoo27 46 7,752 09-26-2019, 11:48 AM
Last Post: Ninshinluvr
  C Arranged or destiny (closed w/AegonAustin) bhdire8 161 24,001 09-17-2019, 08:43 AM
Last Post: AegonAustin
  True love. (Closed with bhdire8.) SilentFeather 786 89,334 09-09-2019, 05:29 PM
Last Post: SilentFeather
  Labor and Delivery Roleplay - Permanently Closed BabyDoctor 48 13,157 09-04-2019, 08:41 AM
Last Post: Choruku
  C Primal Urge (Closed with PregnantTyler) Klayko 61 13,951 08-24-2019, 09:45 PM
Last Post: PregnantTyler
  The Interview (Closed w/RedThunderYellowSky) Klayko 3 3,051 08-19-2019, 12:43 AM
Last Post: SimonBrownMpreg
  Set to Sea (closed RP with @bhdire8) sipscan330 110 18,947 08-12-2019, 11:26 AM
Last Post: bhdire8