The Delivery Ward (NSFW) (CLOSED)
Gavin smiled up at her just slightly. "I'm doing fine." He replied softly, before his hands flew to his stomach. He took deep breath, consistent breaths and tried to find a focal point.
Jennifer takes hold of Gavin's hand in support as he is hit with another contraction. Glancing at the monitor she sees that this contraction seems to be much stronger than the ones he was having earlier. "Hang in there Gavin, this is a big one so keep breathing just like that. You are doing great."
Room 308:
"I think I'd like to try the ball for right now. I'm not sure I want to leave the room." Tim helps Scott sit up in bed and waits for the nurse to bring the labor ball. He can't help himself and puts both hands on his boyfriend's protruding mound. Then he bends down to kiss Scott's belly. Although there's a little anxiety in the room, there's also excitement and love.
Room 304:
The contraction ended and Gavin slowly relaxed. He opened his eyes a slowly. "Only halfway, they're going to be much worse aren't they?" He asked
(04-27-2015, 12:22 AM)doctorsin Wrote:
(04-26-2015, 08:05 PM)pregnantlover24 Wrote: Room 302:
Rose lays there watching tv and eating ice chips as she waits for the doctor to come wondering what's going to happen

Room 302: 
After finishing up with Gavin Dr. Pierce headed down the hallway to check on his other patient. Knocking on the door frame he walked into the room and into the curtained off area. "Hi Rose, I wasn't expecting to see you here for a while. How are you doing?"
Room 302:
"Alright and I wasn't expecting to be here. The twins are healthy even if they are going to be premature." She says rubbing her belly 
Room 308:
"All right," Dr. Wells says with a smile. "I will have the nurse bring you the birthing ball and unhook you from the monitors so it will be easier for you to move around. I will be back to check on you in a little while, so hang in there." She tells the men as she leaves the room to notify the nurse.

Room 304:
Jennifer gives Gavin a sympathetic smile. I am afraid they will get worse but remember it will al be worth it in the end. You still have a while to go but would you like to get up and try and walk the halls to try and keep things moving? Or would you rather try and rest while you can?"

Room 302:
Dr. Pierce gives Rose a smile as he washes his hands. "Well the girls look like they are doing well but let's see if we can keep them in there for a while longer. I am going to do an internal exam now. Can you lay back with your feet flat on the bed and let your knees fall apart for me?" He asks as he puts on a pair of gloves.
Gavin thought about it for a moment. "I want to walk around, but do I need to wait before or after the internal ultrasound?"
Room 304:
When I called down to ultrasound they said they are running behind and probably won't up here for a half hour to 45 minutes so I don't see a problem with you walking around a little before then. Besides walking might help Baby A drop lower which will make it easier for it to be seen on the ultrasound," she tells him. "Now let's get you unhooked from the monitors and I will get you a robe and hospital slippers to put on and then we can get you up," she adds as she moves to raise his gown and begin to unhook the monitors.
Room 302:
"Yeah I can do that" she says as she places her feet flat on the bed and her knees apart "how bad will the pressure be?" She asked
Room 302:
"It will be uncomfortable but shouldn't be painful," Dr. Pierce tells her as he moves into position. "Okay take some nice deep breaths and try and relax, I promise to make this as quick as possible". After pausing a moment to let Rose prepare herself he gently inserts his two fingers into her vagina and begins moving them around as he examines her cervix.
Room 308:

Once the nurse removes the monitors from Scott's belly, Tim helps him stand up and get ready for the labor ball. Scott walks around the room a little, but he grabs a hold of the bed when his body seizes with another contraction. He starts to squat down and widen his stance to open his hips up more. Tim gets his arms under Scott's armpits and helps to support him through the contraction. This pain is much sharper and more piercing than his previous contractions.
Room 308:

Nurse Katherine watches as Scott gets out of bed and within moments is doubled over against the bed in the throws of a contraction. She sees that Tom has things under control as he supports and coaches Scott through what is obviously an intense contraction, so she decides to stay in the background to prevent interrupting their rhythm. When the contraction is over she steps over to Scott and places her hand on his shoulder. "That was a big one, but you handled it great. Are you ready to move to the ball now or do you need a minute?"
Room 308:

"I just need to sit down on the ball. Please hurry." Tim and Nurse Katherine try to work together to move the heavily pregnant Scott over to the ball while his legs are still weak from the last contraction. As they ease him onto the ball, they hold it in place with their feet so it won't slide out from under him. Scott lets out a sigh of relief as he finally relaxes on the ball. Tim pulls a chair over and sits facing his boyfriend so he can coach him when the next contraction hits.
Room 302:
She takes breaths and relaxes as she listens to her twins heartbeat not paying attention to the doctor as he felt around
Room 308:
"Alright Scott. while you are on the ball it will help you to be more comfortable and help your body stretch for delivery if you gently rock your body around slowly. Your partner seems to be a great birthing coach who has everything under control but is there anything that I can get for you?" Katherine asks.
"Sure, can you rip these babies out of me? I think it would be less painful then to slowly stretch and contract for hours." Scott leaned into Tim as another contraction started to build.
Room 302:

After several moments of examining Rose, Dr. Pierce removes his fingers and covers her back up after removing his gloves. "All done. You did great, Rose. So the bad news is that it seems that you are in early labor because aside from the contractions, you are currently dilated to 2.5 cms and are starting to efface. At this point it is not possible to stop the labor. So what I would like to do is start you on steroid injections that will help stimulate the lung development of the girls. At this point I don't want to do anything to stimulate labor as the longer we can give the steroids to work the better to help the girls be as strong as possible once they are born so I will hold off on any interventions for the time being unless things change as we continue on. Normally I would let a patient get up and move around during this stage of labor but due to the fact that the girls are preterm I would prefer you remain in bed and on the monitors so we can keep a continual eye on them. I know this is a lot to take in, do you have any questions?"
Room 304:
Gavin waited until the Jennifer removed the monitors and made it so he could walk around with the IV before slowly getting off the bed and standing up. He took a moment to adjust to the weight, holding the IV pole before taking a few steps.
Room 304:
Jennifer watched as Gavin held on to the rolling IV stand and took a few tentative steps. "You doing okay?" she asks him, wanting to make sure he feels steady before releasing him to walk the hallway.
Room 304:

Gavin nodded a little bit. "After laying so long I needed to adjust to the weight." He mumbled as he placed a hand on the arch of his back.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Destiny Knows No Cessation (Closed with PoppedBB, graphic content warning) PregnantTyler 6 3,718 02-05-2020, 05:27 AM
Last Post: PregnantTyler
  The Dairy Debt (closed with DragonKnight) SnowWolf 11 3,480 11-15-2019, 01:27 AM
Last Post: DragonKnight
  Fur and claws. (Closed with BandOfMisfits.) SilentFeather 20 4,142 11-07-2019, 11:10 AM
Last Post: SilentFeather
  O Detective Conan X PKMN (Mpreg rp CLOSED w/Anime Ninshin-chan) Bloobloobedoo27 46 7,794 09-26-2019, 11:48 AM
Last Post: Ninshinluvr
  C Arranged or destiny (closed w/AegonAustin) bhdire8 161 24,130 09-17-2019, 08:43 AM
Last Post: AegonAustin
  True love. (Closed with bhdire8.) SilentFeather 786 89,825 09-09-2019, 05:29 PM
Last Post: SilentFeather
  Labor and Delivery Roleplay - Permanently Closed BabyDoctor 48 13,227 09-04-2019, 08:41 AM
Last Post: Choruku
  C Primal Urge (Closed with PregnantTyler) Klayko 61 14,182 08-24-2019, 09:45 PM
Last Post: PregnantTyler
  The Interview (Closed w/RedThunderYellowSky) Klayko 3 3,078 08-19-2019, 12:43 AM
Last Post: SimonBrownMpreg
  Set to Sea (closed RP with @bhdire8) sipscan330 110 19,112 08-12-2019, 11:26 AM
Last Post: bhdire8