The Delivery Ward (NSFW) (CLOSED)
Room 308:
While Scott goes through another contraction, Katherine quietly loves the IV stand closer to where he is now sitting on the ball, seeing Tim has everything handled. When it is over and Scott looks back at her, she gives him an encouraging smile, "I know the thought of a c-section seems good right now but trust me when I say the surgery and long recovery are not worth it and should be avoided if possible. I am sure you don't want to hear this but you really are doing great, just hang in there and keep reminding yourself it will all be worth it when you get to cuddle with your children. I am going to leave you boys to it for a while but if either of you need anything feel free to page me, okay?"

Room 304:
"That's understandable," Jennifer says quietly. "I just wanted to make sure you were steady on your feet," she adds as she moves to the cabinet to get him a robe to put on over the gown and a pair of hospital slippers to wear. Once he is in them she gives him a smile. "So feel free to walk the hallway for as long as you would like, just make sure to take it slow and if you need stop just head back to your room or you can stop at the nurses station and I will help you get back. If you are still walking when the ultrasound tech arrives I will come find you," she tells him with a smile.
Room 302:
She stays quite for a while taking in the information "what kind of steroid is it and how is it given? How long will I be in early labor for?" She asks rubbing the top of her belly hoping her girls will be ok
Room 308:

As Katherine leaves the room, Scott starts to roll back and forth on the ball. It feels so good on his hips, helping to ease them open. Tim has his arms around Scott and is massaging his lower back. Sitting on the ball was very relaxing, and Scott was able to close his eyes and rest for a little bit.
Gavin gave her a small smile and a nod before heading out to the hallway. After about twenty minutes later he headed back to his room, the contractions getting too intense.
Room 302:
"I am going to prescribe you a corticosteroid called Celestone, which will be given in 2 doses about 12 hours apart. They need to be injected into a large muscle so they will need to go in your bottom. Ideally I would like your early labor to last as long as possible - at least two days to give the steroids time to work, but realistically it will be up to your body and the girls to decide the speed that things happen, they could decide to come sooner than that or it may take longer. I am afraid in this case the longer labor lasts the better off we will be. I am going to go call down to the pharmacy to order the steroids and Nurse Tiffany will be in soon to administer it. For now the best thing you can do is get comfortable and try and relax, I am afraid you are in for the long hall and the more rest you can get the better." He tells her before giving her a reassuring smile as he heads out the door to go make the necessary calls.

Room 308:
About an hour after she left Scott on the birthing ball Katherine makes her way back into the room to check on him. Heading over to where he is still sat on the ball she gives him a small smile, "I just wanted to come in and check and see how you are doing in here," she tells him.

Room 304:
Close to an hour after he first left the room, Dr. Pierce walks in and walks over to where Gavin is currently lying on the bed, the ultrasound tech following behind him pushing the ultrasound machine. "Hi Gavin. How are you doing?" Dr. Pierce asks the laboring man gently as the tech begins to prepare the ultrasound machine.
Room 304:
Gavin gave a small smile, even though he wasn't in the best of moods. "I'm doing okay, the contractions are getting stronger and closer apart. I felt Baby A move further down."
Room 304:
Dr. Pierce gives Gavin a smile as he begins to position the bed and set up the stirrups on the side of the bed to prepare the exam. "That is good. Nurse Jennifer told me that you had been up walking the hallway for a while which is great. Do you know how far apart the contractions are now?" He asks as he finishes prepping the bed. "So now I would like you to lay back and place your feet in the stirrups and we will do the ultrasound exam and then i am going to check your dilation. Once we have the results from those two exams we will know if we are on course for a naturally delivery or if a c-section lays in the future. Do you need help getting in position?"
Room 304:
Gavin shook his head as he laid back; however, he didn't put his feet up right away, because a contract hit him. It lasted a minute. He groaned loudly, and did his best to do the breathing. The contraction lasted a minute. After it
was done, he took a moment to catch his breath. "They are three minutes apart and last a minute." He replied as he put his feet up.
Room 304:
Dr. Pierce watched as the contraction hit Gavin and mentally timed it's length as Gavin worked through the contraction. When it was over and Gavin answered him as he put his feet into the stirrups, "That is good. It sounds like you are making progress." When Gavin was in position and the tech had finished preparing the wand, Dr. Pierce sat down on a stool beside the bed. "Okay Gavin you are going to feel a lot of pressure but I promise to be as quick as I can," he tells the laboring man as he takes the wand from the tech before moving over and as gently as possible inserts the long probe up into Gavin's opening and turns to the screen to try and get an image of Baby A.
Room 304:

Gavin winced slightly as the wand was inserted into his opening. He bared through the discomfort, knowing that this ultimately was giving him a great reward. After a few moments he looked over at Dr. Pierce. "Please tell me you're able to get an image."
Room 304:

Dr. Pierce looked up at Gavin's question and gave him a big smile as he turns the screen so that Gavin can see. "Yes we are getting a nice clear image here, if you look at the screen here" he says pointing to a particular spot on the screen. "That spot right there is the baby's head. It looks like this little one is in the proper position after all." After another moment, Dr. Pierce removes the probe, "it looks like we can proceed with the natural delivery. Now I am just going to perform a quick internal and then I promise to stop bugging you for a while."
Room 302:
"Yeah I understand thank you dr. Pierce" she says as she slowly lowers her legs down and smiles back as she readjusts to get comfortable and closes her eyes to try to sleep hoping that her baby girls can wait two more days.
Room 308:
As Katherine enters the room, Scott is overwhelmed by a very sharp and painful contraction, and he arches his back as his body tenses. Tim tries to calm him down, "This is the 6th or 7th contraction like this, and they're coming harder and faster." Scott is sweating a lot as he labors, and his gown is becoming a little see-through as it gets wet. "Please...I need something...please..." Scott begs for some pain meds as he struggles to breathe through the contractions. "Scott, we talked about you having a natural birth without meds. You're doing great, and you've come so far. Keep breathing...focus on me...come on, baby."
Gavin nodded and tried to get as comfortable as possible before the doctor started the internal exam. He took a deep breath. About a moment later, he felt a popping sensation. As if it was a relief of pressure, and felt a little trickle down his legs. "Uh... I think my water just broke."
Room 302:
About a half an hour after Dr. Pierce leaves the room, Nurse Tiffany comes in carrying the steroid injection. She feels bad seeing that the pregnant woman is asleep but knows she has no choice but to wake her. Gently shaking her shoulder she softly says, "Rose, I know you are trying to get some rest but I am afraid I need you to wake up for a few minutes, I have to give you the steroid shot that Dr. Pierce requested."

Room 308:
"I know it hurts but Tom is right, you are doing great. Why don't we get you off the ball for a while and we can get you cleaned up and into a new gown and I can check your progress. Sometimes changing positions will help with the discomfort and if that doesn't help then we can talk about pain management routes that we can go down if you still want to." She tells Scott calmly as she moves to stand next to him and places a hand on his shoulder in support.

Room 304:
Dr. Pierce was putting his gloves on to start the exam when Gavin announced that his water had broken. Moving the sheet away from Gavin's legs he saw that that was the case. "Yes, it looks like your water has broken, things should start moving quicker now. I ma going to call in Jennifer so we can get you cleaned up and after that we will check you." He tells Gavin before moving to the doorway to get Jennifer.

A few minutes after later they have the bed changed and Gavin in a new gown before helping to settle him back in the bed. "Okay. Now lets see how are you progressing," Dr. Pierce tells him kindly as he once again prepares to check Gavin's progress.
Room 302:
Rose opens her eyes "how do you want me to lay so you can give me the shot?" She asks as she still wakes up as she looks at her nurse
Room 302:
"I am just going to have you roll over onto your left side," she says softly as she steps over to the bed as Rose continues to wake up and begins to move. "Do you need any help turning?"
Room 302:
"No" she says as shel slowly lays on her left side "so in 12 hrs you'll come in and give me the next shot right?" She asks happy that she didn't see the needle
Room 304:
Gavin closed his eyes and tried to focus on anything else. He rubbed small soothing circles on his stomach as he waited for the results.
Room 308:

Tim and the nurse help Scott out of his wet gown and into a clean one. He'd complain about being completely naked for a minute, but, at this point, he really doesn't care. Every time he works his way through a contraction, he waits anxiously for the next one to start. It's like he gets a break between the bouts of pain, but he doesn't really get to enjoy it. After the gown has been changed, Tim helps Scott stand up move towards the bed. "Do you want to get on your hands and knees for a little while? That may take some pressure off of your lower back and cervix."

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Destiny Knows No Cessation (Closed with PoppedBB, graphic content warning) PregnantTyler 6 3,719 02-05-2020, 05:27 AM
Last Post: PregnantTyler
  The Dairy Debt (closed with DragonKnight) SnowWolf 11 3,480 11-15-2019, 01:27 AM
Last Post: DragonKnight
  Fur and claws. (Closed with BandOfMisfits.) SilentFeather 20 4,142 11-07-2019, 11:10 AM
Last Post: SilentFeather
  O Detective Conan X PKMN (Mpreg rp CLOSED w/Anime Ninshin-chan) Bloobloobedoo27 46 7,800 09-26-2019, 11:48 AM
Last Post: Ninshinluvr
  C Arranged or destiny (closed w/AegonAustin) bhdire8 161 24,134 09-17-2019, 08:43 AM
Last Post: AegonAustin
  True love. (Closed with bhdire8.) SilentFeather 786 89,848 09-09-2019, 05:29 PM
Last Post: SilentFeather
  Labor and Delivery Roleplay - Permanently Closed BabyDoctor 48 13,232 09-04-2019, 08:41 AM
Last Post: Choruku
  C Primal Urge (Closed with PregnantTyler) Klayko 61 14,195 08-24-2019, 09:45 PM
Last Post: PregnantTyler
  The Interview (Closed w/RedThunderYellowSky) Klayko 3 3,080 08-19-2019, 12:43 AM
Last Post: SimonBrownMpreg
  Set to Sea (closed RP with @bhdire8) sipscan330 110 19,123 08-12-2019, 11:26 AM
Last Post: bhdire8