The Delivery Ward (NSFW) (CLOSED)
Room 302:
"That's right," Tiffany says as she watches Rose roll onto her side. "Your second injection will be in 12 hours, but I will be back to check on you before that." When Rose is in position Tiffany moves her gown out of the way and disinfects the injection site. "You are going to feel a big pinch," she warns before inserting the needle into Rose and begins to inject the steroid into her.

Room 304:
After a minute Dr. Pierce removes his fingers and covers Gavin back up. Removing his glove he gives Gavin a smile, "Good news. You are now a little over 7 cms dilated, 70% effaced and Baby A has moved down to the -4 station, so you are officially in transition. So I would predict that within the next hour you will be ready to start pushing. What I would like to do is get you into a sitting position to help the babies move down further before you start pushing and I would like to get you back on the monitors so we can watch the babies through the last stage of labor and while you push." The doctor pauses to give Gavin time to process this new information before continuing, "Now just to prepare you, because Baby B is still in breech position I am going to have you moved into an Operating Room rather than an Delivery Room when the time comes in case we have to do an emergency c-section. That is not saying it won't be possible for you to deliver them both naturally but I like to be prepared just in case. Now before I go to get things set up, do you have any questions for me?"

Room 308:
"Tim is right," Katherine tells Scott softly as she helps Tim get him comfortable in bed so that she can check him, "changing positions can do a lot of good to help with labor pains. After I finish checking you we can get you into another position if you would like. But for right now can you get into position so I can check you real quick?" She asks him as she moves to put on a pair of gloves.
Room 308:

Scott lays on his back in the hospital bed and spreads his legs wide so Katherine can do her exam. Her cold gloves surprise him a little as she eases her fingers into his opening. He closes his eyes and tenses a little as the nurse feels around and evaluates his progress. Scott prays that he doesn't have a contraction while she's still poking around down there. Tim looks between Scott's leg to see if he can gauge Katherine's findings.
Room 308:
After a moment Katherine pulls her fingers out and removes her gloves. "All done Scott," she says as she moves to cover him back up. "So unfortunately it looks like you are only at 6cms and 60% effaced and Baby A is still high up. With the speed your contractions are coming we would hope you would have progressed a lot further. This isn't something you need to be too worried about but it may be time for some intervention such as breaking your water or giving you Pitocin to keep things moving. I am going to contact dr. Wells and let her know what is going on and we will be back in a few minutes." She explains calmly to the two men before heading out the door to contact the doctor.
Room 308:

"How can she say I haven't progressed a lot? These contractions are getting a lot harder and longer. That has to count for something." Tim puts his hand on Scott's belly, "Honey, your body is doing all the work. If it's not ready to give birth, then it's just not ready, and you'll have to be patient." Scott grimaces and puffs his cheeks out as he blows through another contraction. He begins to moan a little while the pain continues longer than he expected.
Room 308:
A few minutes after Nurse Katherine left the room Dr. Wells re-enters. "Hi boys I hear there is some trouble in here." Sitting down on the bed besides Scott's foot she turns and gives the two men a warm look hoping to put them at ease seeing their stress. "So Katherine told me that you haven't really dilated since you got here even though your contractions have picked up. This is something that can happen on occasion and even though it is not considered an emergency it is something we need to deal with. Now at this point we have a couple of options and I will leave it up to you. We can start by breaking your waters and seeing if that naturally gets things moving again or I can set you up with a Pitocon drop to get things jump started but to warn you, the Pitocin will cause the contractions to get a lot stronger, so I would like to hold off on that if we can. Of course if nothing helps then we may find ourselves on the route to a c-section, but that is certainly to it something that is set in stone. Now do either of you have any questions? Or do you want a few minutes to talk over the things I have just explained to you?"
Room 308:

Scott, panting as he is coming out of his latest contraction, gives Dr. Wells a worried look, "If you were in my position, what would you do?" Tim steps back a little, "Scott's the one in labor and having to deal with the pain, so I'll trust his judgment."
Room 302:
Rose dug her nails into her palm as she felt the needle enter her skin "do all shots have to be painful?" She asked
Room 304:
Gavin stared blankly for a moment, trying to adjust all the information he was given. He swallowed slightly. "Is there any chance we can turn Baby B if they are still breech?" He asked after a moment.
Room 308:
"If it were me, I would start with breaking the waters but holding off with the pitocin for now, since your contractions are already strong and pitocin makes them stronger. A lot of times once the water breaks the babys's head will start pushing on the cervix more which will start it to open and keep the labor progressing. If nothing happens and labor stays stalled, then we can discuss other options, but this is where I would start. Do you guys want some time to think about it?"

Room 302:
"I am sorry I know it hurts but at least it is over now," Nurse Tiffany says as she removes the needle and after applying a bandaid covers Rose back up before moving to dispose of the needle. "Dr. Pierce asked me to hook you up to the blood pressure monitor as a precaution to watch for any reactions to the steroids but then I promise to stop bugging you for a while," she says with a small smile as she moves to the side of the bed and pulls out the blood pressure cuff and wraps it around Rose's arm. As she turns the monitor on, she turns back to Rose and says softly, "Is there anything that I can get you? Are you sure there isn't someone I can call to be here with you through this?"

Room 304:
Seeing Gavin becoming nervous as he processes the information so he uses a calm tone while answering Gavin's questions hoping to put him back at ease. "Yes, of course we will try and turn the baby if it stays breech and if everything looks good I don't see why we can't try a natural breech delivery. Moving you to the OR is just a precaution, in the event we would need to do a c-section I would rather have us already in the room than have to worry about moving you to another room or risk having them being booked up and us not being able to get in," he explains as he uses the controls on Gavin's bed to get him sitting up further to get the baby to move down.
Room 308:

Scott shakes his head, "No, I'm ready now. Go ahead and break my water. I need to get these babies out." Dr. Wells looked to Tim, "Do whatever he wants. I support him completely."
Room 308:
"Okay why don't you get back in position and I will get the tool. We should be able to get this done before the next contraction," Dr. Wells says as she gets up to get the amniohook and a new pair of gloves. When she is ready she returns to sit beside his legs on the bed. Once she is ready she looks up at Scott. "All right you are going to feel some pressure and then it will be over." When she sees him nod she carefully inserts her finger and the hook and begins trying to rupture the membranes. A moment later she feels it release and fluid begins to flow out. Removing her fingers she disposes of the gloves and hook. "There we go, we will just give it a minute and then we will get you cleaned up. Do you want to stay in bed or get back on the ball?"
Room 308:

"I think I'm fine right here. That feels so much better now. There's not as much pressure." Scott begins rubbing his belly, enjoying this brief period of peace. "How long until the contractions pick up again?"
Room 302:
Rose laid on her side for a little bit "maybe another pillow and no there isn't anyone to call." She said as she bit her lip as a contraction came
(Can I join?)
Room 308:
"Contractions will hopefully pick up soon, now that the membranes have been ruptured. The best thing I can suggest now is to either try and get some rest before things become more intense or if you don't think you can, you should try moving around as that will help the first baby start to move down lower. But first do you think you can get up for a couple of minutes and I can clean up the bed for you and get you a dry gown to put on?" The doctor asks as she moves around the room getting the things she needs to clean up the bed for Scott.

Room 302:
Tiffany places her hand on Rose's arm as a contraction hits her, "Just try and relax your muscles and take deep breaths it will be over in a minute." She watches the monitor as the contraction hits its peak before ending. "You handled that like a pro," she says encouragingly. "Now try and get some more rest and I will bring you an extra pillow."
Room 302:
She takes deep breaths and releaxes her muslces as the contraction ends "I might try to do that and when you come just put the pillow behind my back" she says as she yawns
Room 302:
"Not a problem," Tiffany says with a smile before leaving the room to get the pillow. A few minutes later she comes back and places it up against Rose's back before quietly leaving so as not to disturb her resting patient.
Room 304:

Gavin nodded slowly as he adjusted his position slightly after the bed was in an upright position. "I understand that you want to be prepared, but I was just making sure we have the opportunity to not have a C-Section." He explained.
Room 308:

Tim helps Scott sit up and then eases him onto his feet so the hospital staff can change his fluid-soaked sheets. Just then, Scott squats down as a contraction rips through his body and tightens his swollen belly. He lets out a grunt, almost like an animal. Tim tries to squat down with him and get him to focus on his breathing, "Scottie, you've got to breath...in with good air, blow out the pain...in with good air, blow out the pain. Hee hee hoo, hee hee hoo. The babies are just trying to stretch the canal so they can come out." Scott can barely pay attention to Tim's instructions as this contraction rages on. It doesn't feel like there's an end in sight, and the pain continues to climb in severity. He pants, "When will this stop?"
Room 302:
She continues to sleep and relaxes when the contractions come and wakes up only to move the pillow where it is more comfortable before going back to sleep

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Destiny Knows No Cessation (Closed with PoppedBB, graphic content warning) PregnantTyler 6 3,718 02-05-2020, 05:27 AM
Last Post: PregnantTyler
  The Dairy Debt (closed with DragonKnight) SnowWolf 11 3,480 11-15-2019, 01:27 AM
Last Post: DragonKnight
  Fur and claws. (Closed with BandOfMisfits.) SilentFeather 20 4,142 11-07-2019, 11:10 AM
Last Post: SilentFeather
  O Detective Conan X PKMN (Mpreg rp CLOSED w/Anime Ninshin-chan) Bloobloobedoo27 46 7,798 09-26-2019, 11:48 AM
Last Post: Ninshinluvr
  C Arranged or destiny (closed w/AegonAustin) bhdire8 161 24,133 09-17-2019, 08:43 AM
Last Post: AegonAustin
  True love. (Closed with bhdire8.) SilentFeather 786 89,835 09-09-2019, 05:29 PM
Last Post: SilentFeather
  Labor and Delivery Roleplay - Permanently Closed BabyDoctor 48 13,229 09-04-2019, 08:41 AM
Last Post: Choruku
  C Primal Urge (Closed with PregnantTyler) Klayko 61 14,189 08-24-2019, 09:45 PM
Last Post: PregnantTyler
  The Interview (Closed w/RedThunderYellowSky) Klayko 3 3,078 08-19-2019, 12:43 AM
Last Post: SimonBrownMpreg
  Set to Sea (closed RP with @bhdire8) sipscan330 110 19,120 08-12-2019, 11:26 AM
Last Post: bhdire8