Daughter To Midwife (Closed with cashewmanz)
Olivia wasn't as surprised as she thought she would be. She grabbed a towel, dabbing it in cool water. "I-It's alright dad." She gently tapped the cloth against his sweating forehead. "I-I'm here.." she said, attempting to give encouragement.
"Whew..." he exhaled loudly. "Thank you sweetie...and don't worry," he added, remembering their conversation earlier. "I'm not in any trouble, it just...really hurts..."
"It looks like it does..." She said, looking at the soaked sheets, feeling a bit nauseous. "I know you're not in trouble, but I still feel kinda bad, y'know?" She said leaning back, as she waited for the next contraction. "No lie, I'm still weird out by all this.."
"I know...well, I don't, but your father told me all about it when I was in labor with you..." James rubbed at his belly to soothe the pain as it faded away. "I would be too. I stayed at home when your aunt and uncle were born, but I don't know how I would've reacted at that age...you're very mature for handling this the way you are."
"Mature? whatever happened to 'You're so stubborn Olivia!' or, 'You're so difficult!' ?" she said snickering as she did her best impression of her dad.
James couldn't help but laugh at her joke. "Well, situations like these tend to change us...and you don't see it now, of course. You'll go through a lot of changes these next few years. And it'll seem hard and we'll be at each others throats, even...but it's all part of growing up. And right now is one of those times that I'm getting a snapshot of the woman you'll become. And it's nice to have her here," he reached out and stroked Olivia's cheek.
"Uuugh no need to get all mushy and go lecturing on me, dad." She said, removing his hand as she blushed of embarrassment. "I'm just doin what I have to do. No big deal."
"Oh, you know I love being sentimental. I know you like looking at the old photo albums, too," he winked, before clenching his teeth and hissing with another contraction. "Oh...they just keep getting closer, don't they? Ugh!" He took his breaths rhythmically as he had learned to do. His belly shrunk smaller than before and hardened like a rock. 
How did he know that?...She thought looking away more embarrassed. Her thoughts were broken when he panted heavily. "It seems so. Here," she said grabbing a towel. "If things get to intense, and you need to start pushing, pull onto this while you push. I can hold the other end--I mean you don't HAVE to..just a dumb idea...I guess.." She made no eye contact. "Kinda saw it on those health channels before.."
James would have smiled if he hadn't been in so much pain. They never realize that parents see everything...he thought. "No, that sounds like a good idea. Not like anything I'd heard before. What are you doing watching the health channels anyway?"
She blushed of embarrassment once more. "I-I was just flipping through the channels and I saw that, and I was bored! okay?! A-And there was nothing else on that day!"
"Well I'm very grateful you decided to pay attention," he smiled. Soon another contraction took hold. "God...they're practically on top of each other now..."
She patted the wet cloth against his forehead once more. "Not that I cared, by the way--but I heard humming 'n stuff helps too."
The contraction eased up as he looked at her. He made a slightly interested noise before the next one was upon him. "Hmmmmmmmmm..." he tried to ride out the contraction, but he only got louder as it got worse. "HMMMMMMMMMMM..." finally it went away. "Did it say anything about humming a tune, or what?" He tried to joke, to lighten the mood.
"Dude, I don't know." she said, laughing. It was his humming rather than his remark that made her laugh. "All I know is, if you hum, the pain will get easier to get by."
"It did seem to help...I should check myself again, these contractions must be telling me something..." he strained to reach once more and stick his fingers up to his cervix. "Feels like...nine, maybe ten...oh!" He yelped, feeling something shift inside of him. "I think I just felt him drop into my cervix...oh yeah...I'm gonna be pushing soon..."
"Would this require me..'checking' there eventually?" Seconds later she regretted asking, grabbing the latex gloves.
"It might...though I didn't want to force you," James said. "It would be helpful, though, to have you do that. But I'll leave it up to you." He panted some more, before scrunching his face up with the next contraction.
"I'll...just do it." She huffed doubling up by putting on another pair of gloves. "That way you can focus on getting through the contractions 'n what not." Olivia chose to do this to only help her dad out more. That an thought the process would go faster so she could go to bed.
"Alright...let me know if it's too much for you," James said as he felt another contraction. He propped his legs open wide and tried to push his butt forward to be in a better position. "You didn't happen to learn about this on the TV, did you?" James asked, half jokingly.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Destiny Knows No Cessation (Closed with PoppedBB, graphic content warning) PregnantTyler 6 3,738 02-05-2020, 05:27 AM
Last Post: PregnantTyler
  The Dairy Debt (closed with DragonKnight) SnowWolf 11 3,515 11-15-2019, 01:27 AM
Last Post: DragonKnight
  Fur and claws. (Closed with BandOfMisfits.) SilentFeather 20 4,179 11-07-2019, 11:10 AM
Last Post: SilentFeather
  O Detective Conan X PKMN (Mpreg rp CLOSED w/Anime Ninshin-chan) Bloobloobedoo27 46 7,873 09-26-2019, 11:48 AM
Last Post: Ninshinluvr
  C Arranged or destiny (closed w/AegonAustin) bhdire8 161 24,292 09-17-2019, 08:43 AM
Last Post: AegonAustin
  True love. (Closed with bhdire8.) SilentFeather 786 91,016 09-09-2019, 05:29 PM
Last Post: SilentFeather
  Labor and Delivery Roleplay - Permanently Closed BabyDoctor 48 13,318 09-04-2019, 08:41 AM
Last Post: Choruku
  C Primal Urge (Closed with PregnantTyler) Klayko 61 14,311 08-24-2019, 09:45 PM
Last Post: PregnantTyler
  The Interview (Closed w/RedThunderYellowSky) Klayko 3 3,103 08-19-2019, 12:43 AM
Last Post: SimonBrownMpreg
  Set to Sea (closed RP with @bhdire8) sipscan330 110 19,239 08-12-2019, 11:26 AM
Last Post: bhdire8