Class Partners (closed with shooshoo)
"You don't have to make me feel better. Ben doesn't like to admit when he needs help and certainly not to his family. He told our mom that everything was fine and the two of you had everything under control," said Joy dryly. "So let me ask you since he won't tell me the truth. How is he really?"
Will sighed heavily and looked down to the floor. He felt like he may be betraying Ben's trust a little to talk this way, but it was his sister. She was here to take care of them, and she deserved to know what was happening. "He's been....nervous, since the incident with the preterm labor. And anxious, too. Being on bed rest has made him antsy, but he can't go anywhere. And sometimes scares himself into having mini-contractions. Nothing too serious, or that last more than a split second, but they happen. He needs to relax more."
Joy frowned and sat down across from Will. She looked at him, could tell that he felt guilty telling her but also knew he was telling the truth. And it sounded exactly like her brother.

"Ben ... doesn't like to be taken care of. He likes to take care of people. He probably feels incredibly guilty that he's put you in this situation especially since you're pregnant as well." Joy looked down at her hands. "So he's 32 weeks now. How far do we have to get him to make sure she's born healthy? 36?"
"I know he's a very caring individual. He's always looking after me, it's almost like he doesn't think about his own pregnancy if it concerns me...I'm very lucky to have him, but I wish he'd listen to me  now," Will went on. He felt warm and fuzzy on the inside. He'd never put into words how he figured Ben cared for him, and it felt nice to openly acknowledge it to someone.

He thought for a minute. "36 at least. Doctors prefer you to make it to 38 at least, I think. The closer to the full 40, the better is how I always interpreted it, though I could be wrong. They'll measure him, and so long as she's not underweight, they should both be fine."
"We'll get him there. We'll get *both* of you there," Joy promised, looking determined. "He's finally getting the children he's always wanted and you're not an asshole who tells him things like real men don't have babies and he won't be attractive if he gets pregnant."
"...who told him horrible things like that?" Will asked, concerned. "Ben's one of the most attractive, and one of the manliest men I know. Of course I'm biased just a bit..."
"He's dated some real jerks. His last serious boyfriend strung him along on the kid issue for a few years, always dropping hints that Ben didn't want to lose his looks just to have kids," Joy made a face. "We all hated him."
"Sounds like an ass...oops! Sorry about the language..." Will said. Even though he'd just met Joy, he was feeling very comfortable around her. "Well, I hope you can see that I don't share a remotely similar opinion," he giggled, rubbing his belly.
Joy waved her hand. "I'm ex-military. I've heard it all."

"So I know you met in Lamaze class and you two have moved rather quickly, but I don't know much beyond that. What do you do?"

Joy looked at him shrewdly before getting up to turn off the stew. "Is the father around of your baby?"
"Yeah...I work a plain old office job. I'm afraid it's not much of a conversation starter; answering phones and filing paperwork and all that," Will sighed. He nearly choked up when Joy asked him about the baby's father.  

"No..." he replied shamefully, "ditched me as soon as he found out."
"So you basically had a sperm donor too," Joy said calmly. "Choosing to be a father to a baby is much more important then who provided the sperm. Ben will be a good father to both of them."

Joy squeezed Will's shoulder. "You probably want to look for a bigger space though. It's going to be fine when they're both small but as soon as they start to move, you'll be in trouble."
"Believe me, it's been on my mind for a while now," Will groaned. "We need a bigger space, but I'm not entirely sure we can afford it, you know? With the medical expenses and soon to be feeding two more mouths...where would we find the money for a bigger apartment, let alone a house?"
Joy cocked her head thoughtfully. "Ben has money. Well, our parents do. Ben has never taken it when offered but he might if it helps you two get a house."
"I don't know if I could accept that," Will said humbly. "I was taught to work for everything and pay back every favor, and I don't think I could ever repay something so generous," he thought for a moment. "But if they're willing, it would be selfish of me to decline, for Ben's sake and our children."
"More like he'll decline before you get a chance," Joy said.

"Are you telling Will stories about me?" asked Ben, shuffling into the kitchen with a hand on his belly. He bent down to give Will a kiss. "Don't believe anything she tells you. I was a wonderful big brother."
"She has nothing but good things to say," Will assured as he smiled at him. "But we were talking about something important...this place is too small for us, Ben."
Ben groaned and dropped his head on the table. "I was trying not to think about it. The thought of trying to sell this place and buy a new place right now or even when the babies are born makes my head hurt. We're okay here for a little while."
"For a little while...but when they're born we can't stay here for long," Will reasoned. "They'll outgrow it faster than you think."
"I know," Ben sighed, turning his head to look at Will. "We can talk about it, figure out what we both want."

Joy laughed and squeezed Ben's shoulders. "C'mon big brother, buy a nice place for your sweetie and your kids. Mom and Dad will be happy to help."

Ben batted at her hands. "Leave Mom and Dad out of this. Will and I are fine."
"Joy was saying they could really help us, Ben," Will urged. "We'd have to talk with them, of course...but between you and I, I don't see us getting out of here on our own soon enough. Especially when we have two more people to feed and clothe..."  

Will could sense the tension brewing between Ben and his sister once more. He didn't want to start anything, but the situation was bigger than either of them at this point.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Destiny Knows No Cessation (Closed with PoppedBB, graphic content warning) PregnantTyler 6 3,737 02-05-2020, 05:27 AM
Last Post: PregnantTyler
  The Dairy Debt (closed with DragonKnight) SnowWolf 11 3,514 11-15-2019, 01:27 AM
Last Post: DragonKnight
  Fur and claws. (Closed with BandOfMisfits.) SilentFeather 20 4,176 11-07-2019, 11:10 AM
Last Post: SilentFeather
  O Detective Conan X PKMN (Mpreg rp CLOSED w/Anime Ninshin-chan) Bloobloobedoo27 46 7,860 09-26-2019, 11:48 AM
Last Post: Ninshinluvr
  C Arranged or destiny (closed w/AegonAustin) bhdire8 161 24,263 09-17-2019, 08:43 AM
Last Post: AegonAustin
  True love. (Closed with bhdire8.) SilentFeather 786 90,822 09-09-2019, 05:29 PM
Last Post: SilentFeather
  Labor and Delivery Roleplay - Permanently Closed BabyDoctor 48 13,303 09-04-2019, 08:41 AM
Last Post: Choruku
  C Primal Urge (Closed with PregnantTyler) Klayko 61 14,290 08-24-2019, 09:45 PM
Last Post: PregnantTyler
  The Interview (Closed w/RedThunderYellowSky) Klayko 3 3,102 08-19-2019, 12:43 AM
Last Post: SimonBrownMpreg
  Set to Sea (closed RP with @bhdire8) sipscan330 110 19,226 08-12-2019, 11:26 AM
Last Post: bhdire8