Mpreg Central

Full Version: An Odd Story of Man and Magic. A fantasy RP. (FINISHED)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
"Why is that?"
It was difficult to see, but the mermaid shuddered at the question. "Harpies." He answered. "They swoop in and-"

As if on cue, two harpies swooped down from the trees. The mermaid dove beneath the water, but the harpies managed to catch him with their taloned feet. One carrying him by the arms and the other by the feet, they started to fly away, the mermaid screaming for help and writing in their grasp. Some of the other ferry passengers stopped at stared, others continued going about their business.
Cormac grabbed one of his daggers and chucked it towards one of the harpies, the one with the merman's arms. Hit her square in the shoulder and she shrieked in pain while releasing her prey. He took the other dagger and aimed for the second one, striking that one in the wing. Once the moment had passed he froze, realizing he had just thrown his only weapons away.
The mermaid fell back into the river, along with the harpy who was hit in the wing. The one hit in the shoulder fell along the river bank, tore the dagger out of her shoulder, and crawled away, back into the darkness of the woods. The harpy that fell into the river was dragged beneath the water by the mermaid. After a few minutes, the harpy resurfaced, floating still and lifeless. The mermaid resurfaced and tossed one of the daggers onto the ferry's floor. "Thank you!" He cried. "Lots of people simply stand by and watch when something like that happens. Harpies aren't usually so bold as to snatch one of us when we're so close to land dwellers, though."
Cormac picked up his dagger and dried it off. "It's no trouble," he said. "I'm just glad you're safe."
"I wish I could have given you your other dagger back, but I think that other harpy took it. I wish I could talk more, but I'm going deeper. I'm not risking this happening again. Thank you again!" The mermaid disappeared beneath the water, and seconds later, so did the harpy's body.

Astien burst out from the carriage, with fireballs in his hands. "I heard screaming, what happened?!" He was dressed in his sleepwear, his too-small shirt ridden up over his belly, and his hair disheveled and messy.
"Harpies," Cormac said as he put his dagger away, hiding it behind the flaps of his cloak. "I took care of it." He looked around and found many of the passengers were staring at him. "Let's get to sleep."
"But," Astien yawned. "Harpies wouldn't attack such a large crowd. They'd only go after, say, a mermaid." Astien climbed back into bed, wrapping himself in his blankets. "Doesn't make any sense..." He mumbled.
"Just get some sleep," Cormac said gently as he hoisted himself onto the top bunk and curled up under the blankets.
Astien didn't need to be told twice, and quickly fell asleep.

Morning came, though it wasn't particularly bright out. Dense fog still covered everything. It was a little easier to see than it had been last night. A sharp knock was at the door, but Astien didn't stir.
Cormac jumped awake and hopped off the top bunk to the door. He yawned as he opened it. "Hello?"
Standing outside the door was the satyr running the ferry. "Aye, you the boy what saved that merman last night?"
"Uh, yeah," Cormac rubbed his eye. "Am I in trouble or somethin'?"
The satyr smiled. "No, of course not. Wanted to thank ya, actually. Too many times we been sailin' down this river, only to watch some poor merfolk get yanked outta the water to be a harpy's dinner, and people just watch on. May I come in?" He asked.
"Um sure...?" He stepped aside. "Just keep it down, my boss is still asleep."
The satyr nodded, and stepped inside. He looked over and saw Astien, all rolled up in his blankets like a burrito. A hugely pregnant burrito. The satyr reaches out to shake Cormac's hand. "Name's Gregor." He said.
"Cormac," he responded, firmly shaking the satyr's hand.
Gregor smiled. "I noticed ya lost one of your daggers bringin' down those harpies. So, here's a little somethin' fer ya. She ain't no replacement fer yer dagger, but she's served me well." He handed Cormac a small, collapsible bow, and a quiver with a few arrows in it. "Good people should be rewarded fer doin' good things, that's what I believe." He said. "She's not as strong as other bows, but once ya know just how to use her, she's just as good."
Cormac blinked as he held the bow in his hands. "Wow...Thank you. I'll take good care of her. Does she have a name?"
"She's ol' Fraea, after me dear mother. My arm's too shaky to use her now that I'm old. I kept her around fer sentiment's sake, but I think it's time she went on a new adventure."