Mpreg Central

Full Version: An Odd Story of Man and Magic. A fantasy RP. (FINISHED)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
"Maybe you should trust both. Maybe you should trust neither. Maybe you should trust yourself. Maybe you can't be trusted. Both sides have their points, I must say."

"But here's an interesting question. If you have something potentially dangerous, should you cage it for what it MIGHT do? On the one hand, you have something dangerous locked away where it can do no harm, but doing this makes it angry and hateful. It will want to escape and have revenge. And it inevitably will. Only a fool believes something dangerous can be contained forever."

"If you leave it free, there's a chance it will decide to be evil and destructive, but it has no reason to be angry or bitter. It can live in this world and learn of its people. It can do great things when it learns what it can truly do. But of course, there's always that chance. That chance your leniency will turn out to be a great mistake."

"Should something be caged for what it MIGHT do?"
"No. I suppose not."
"Well, I'm not here to influence you. Merely to make you think. But I have seen all the ways this can play out." the man handed Cormac the book. "I'll leave you to make your own mistakes."
"Who are you?" Cormac asked as he took the book.
"Who are you." The man said. Once again, Cormac found the world around him melting away, revealing himself to be standing outside the cave.
Cormac looked down at the journal in his hands, to the cave and then to the forest far below. He bit his lip and walked to the edge of the cliff and looked at the book. It could hold clues to Astien's child or he could have chosen not to write about it. Cormac could destroy it, but would that help or hinder? He couldn't go after Astien, not in his current condition and the drakes would most likely bring him back.
The strange man's voice came from behind Cormac. "Things are only as difficult as we make them." He said. But when Cormac turned around, no one was there.
Cormac shivered, cold of the mountain nipped at him. He went back into the carriage and grabbed his belongings. He quickly changed his clothes, but kept the insignia pin of the drakes. He couldn't fly, but he was quick on his feet. He grabbed some provisions as well as a few things that Astien had left behind. When he was done he chucked the journal into the mouth of the cave for his grandfather to find. He managed a sizable fireball and set the carriage aflame before running down the path that lead to the forest. He was unsure whether or not he was making the right decision, but he couldn't leave Astien defenseless even if his injured wings proved otherwise.
A voice sounded as Cormac ran. "Cormac? Cormac, where are you going!"
"To do my job," Cormac muttered to himself as he picked up his pace and broke away from the path. He didn't look back and kept his eyes focused on the forest ahead. "I just hope I can catch up."
A drake flew down and landed in front of Cormac, then changed into Seroteth. "Are you going to help Astien? Are you sure that's what you want?"
"I'm his assistant," Cormac stated. "It's my job to help him. I gave you the journal that he kept. I don't know how this will play out, but I'm going to have it be for the better."
After a moment, Seroteth nodded. "Then take this." he handed Cormac a satchel filled with food, clothes, and other essentials. "When Siran comes, I'll tell him I simply asked him over for tea. He will have no help from the drakes." He handed Cormac the journal. "Hopefully, this can help you find Astien. Good luck, Cormac. Be safe." He hugged Cormac tightly.
Cormac hugged Seroteth tightly. "Maybe when this is all over you can show me those paintings." He smiled a bit though his eyes shows uncertainty. "Thank you." He gave Seroteth one last squeeze before making his way to the forest. He held a hand out with a small flame so he could find his way through the darkness.
Upon the ground there were two sets of footprints left by horses. They diverged into two different directions, one headed north, the other going east.
Cormac studied the tracks and decided to follow the trail that had the deeper tracks. He didn't sleep as he kept his pace through the night in the hopes of finding Astien in the morning.
Astien was crying as he rode his horse through the woods. He knew he would soon have to abandon the poor thing. Perhaps he could sell it. But that would mean stopping in a town, and the last thing he could afford was for someone to see him. As the moon was high in the sky, Astien felt tired, and wanted nothing more than to sleep. It he couldn't stop. He was a fugitive now. No friends and nowhere to go.

Fugitive.... Wait a moment. Astien perked up at the thought that maybe, maybe there was someone who could help him after all. He spurred his horse faster as small flames of hope filled him. The great fugitive Mage. The one who served as a cautionary tale for all at the Academy. Surely he would take pity and help him.
"Astien!" Cormac called out, though he knew the chances of the man hearing him were slim, but his legs were weak from running and he couldn't get them to move. He slumped against a tree and pulled out the map his grandfather had given him. Astien could be heading to the nearest city, but he could also be avoiding them. He munched on a roll of sweet bread as he tried to figure out what to do next.
Finally, Astien could bear his drowsiness no longer. After almost falling off his horse, he came across a suitable resting place. Beneath a large knotwood tree, there was an opening. Astien barely manages to squeeze himself inside, but was pleasantly surprised to find a small grotto. A small pool with fresh, cool water, and looked to be a bedroll left behind by some other traveler. Perhaps as a service to whoever next would find the place.

As Astien settled down for what was left of the night, he found himself still crying. He thought about the nature of his child. It was a god-like creature, so perhaps it didn't truly need him to be alive. He looked around. There were some very strong looking vines upon the walls. They looked like they could support a fair amount of weight. Could hang a fair amount of weight...

Astien pushed away that last thought, though it kept creeping its way back into his mind. He tried to fall asleep, but had only a restless nap.
Cormac pushed himself up and continued down the trail. As he pushed on his pace did slow, but he kept moving. Hopefully he could close the gap between them.