Mpreg Central

Full Version: An Odd Story of Man and Magic. A fantasy RP. (FINISHED)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Cormac cracked open an eye. "Morning," he muttered groggily. He started putting on his boots.
Astien frowned. "Cormac, you still don't look so good. Get back into bed. I'll drive today."
"Are you sure? We're not out of Havard's Pass yet." He held his head as the room seemed to start spinning. "Ug..."
"We're far enough from town that no one should see us. And I know the backroads, we'll be fine." He put a hand on Cormac's back. "Get back into bed. I'll take care of things today." Astien hung the bat on the frame of the bed, where it just hung and watched them both. Astien helped Cormac back into bed, ticked him in and placed a cold wet cloth on his forehead. Them he went outside and got the carriage moving at a quick pace.
Cormac stared at the ceiling of the carriage as it trudged along. After a few hours he drifted off into a light slumber.
The back roads were as quiet as Astien remembered them being. For the moment, anyway. The reins in one hand, and another protectively holding his belly, Astien had the carriage moving quickly. He couldn't deny that he was scared. His eyes darted everywhere, surveying his surroundings. The winter air was cold and harsh, especially in Havard's Pass, but Astien was determined to keep going. He wasn't going to let anything stop him from leaving this dreadful place, especially not a little cold air. If he hurried, he could be, put of this region by nightfall. He was eager to be gone from this place. Havard's Pass was cruel in every way, even the weather. At least in the Green Valley, there would be no snow.
Cormac woke up around sunset and got the stove going again to warm up the carriage. He made himself some tea and sat on Astien's bed as he waited for the water to boil.
Astien kept the carriage going. There was a little more time before he had to stop for the night. He was almost out of the region, he could feel it.

The bat hung off the bed frame and stared at Cormac.
Cormac sipped his tea and glanced at the bat. He never really cared for them when he was a kid and that hadn't really changed during his travels. Cormac wandered to the window. "No trouble I take it?" he asked Astien.
"No. Everything's fine so far. We're almost at the border. Feeling any better?"
"A bit. Headache's gone at least."
"That's good. Hey, what so you think of our fuzzy new friend?"
"It's alright. Keeps to itself," Cormac said. "Do you want me to start prepping dinner?"
"Yes, please do. And give the bat some fruit, would you?"

The bat flew over to Cormac and sat on his head. He let out a small squeak, and Astien giggled.
"Alright." Cormac closed the window and cut up some fruit and set it in a small bowl for the bat. He then started prepping the vegetables and gutting a few small fish.
The bat, apparently fond of its new perch, didn't move from Cormac's head. When dinner was ready, Astien stopped the carriage and came in, shaking the snow off of him. "Ugh, I'm freezing." He sat in a chair at the table and pulled off his cloak. He placed his hands on his belly. It was cold, and his baby still wasn't moving. All of the worst possible situations flew through his mind as he gently stroked his bloated stomach.
"Still not moving?" Cormac asked as he served up the meal.
Astien shook his head. Tears were beginning to form in his eyes. "What's wrong with him? Why won't he move? My son... He can't be..."
"We've been through a lot, maybe we just stressed him out? Babies can sense when the parent is stressed out. He also didn't move for a while after the harpy incident. Have you tried talking to him?" Cormac didn't know what else to say. Heceril had said the baby was fine just the other day, though Cormac knew things could change quickly when it came to pregnancies.
"I... I talk to him all the time." He looked down at his belly. "I don't... I mean... I mean what..." Astien's voice trembled.