Mpreg Central

Full Version: An Odd Story of Man and Magic. A fantasy RP. (FINISHED)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
"Right. Wish me luck." Astien took a deep breath, and waddled over to Marius' father. "Hello, Barus. Would you, ah, care to chat with me for a bit?"
"About what?" Barus asked sharply.
Astien was somewhat taken aback by the man's sharp tone, but pressed on nonetheless. "Well, you're a smith, right? I was wondering what you know of crafting staves for mages."
"I work with metal. I don't craft staves."
"Some staves are made of metals. Lightweight metals, of course. The trickiest part is finding a metal that will react well with the stone or crystal being set into the staff, or is pliable enough to be melded with the stone-slash-crystal, while still being light enough for the mage to handle."
"Mmhm."
Astien was unsure where to go with the conversation, but the man seemed to be paying attention, which was certainly a step in the right direction. "It's a rather tricky weapon to craft, especially when forging the blade that goes on the other end of the stave. It can be difficult to find a metal strong enough to make for a close-combat blade, while also being compatible with the metal that makes the rest of the staff."
Barus nodded. "Hm."
"So, uh... what do you usually craft? Tools? Weapons?"
"Swords, axes, war hammers and pickaxes," Barus stated.
"I suppose that makes sense. So..." Astien rubbed the back of his neck nervously, unsure of where to take the conversation. "Only two sons, huh? With Marius gone, you and your other son must feel kind of outnumbered against all the girls." He chuckled awkwardly.
"My daughters are just as good as any boy. Even better in most cases."
"Oh, of course they are! I wasn't saying they weren't! I just meant, you know, only two guys, and, a house full of ladies... But, family's family, so of course you're happy to be with them."
Barus just nodded.
"It must be nice to have such a large family. I haven't had one since I was ten..."
"It keeps us busy."
"I'm sure it does. But, they're grown ups now. So you don't have to worry about them too much. Though I guess a parent always worries for their kids, huh?"
"I don't have to worry. They still live in town. Marius was the only one that left."
"I'm sure you worry about him. It's always scary when one leaves the nest. I worry about my students who graduate, and they're not my children."
"I wouldn't have to worry about him if he didn't leave," Barus said gruffly as he got up.