Mpreg Central

Full Version: An Odd Story of Man and Magic. A fantasy RP. (FINISHED)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Astien pouted, and took the condiments, adding them liberally to his dinner. "Confined to my bed for three days... Oh, gods."
"Yup," Cormac said. "It should fly by. You do have that new book of yours."
"Don't get me wrong, I love reading. But I like moving around too. And being able to stand up."
"It's just three days," Cormac said simply. "I've been sick longer than that."
"So have I, but... Ah, never mind. Cormac, after dinner, I'd like you to find the herbalist's and pick up some aluma root. I should have some already, but it never hurts to be well stocked." He looked out the window. "This way, we can leave immediately following breakfast tomorrow. We're heading north to Falmein, the Orotelosian Capitol. We've got quite a trip ahead of us."
"Ok." Cormac said with a nod before turning his attention to his meal.
Astien ate his food silently, thinking of something. Then he turned to Cormac. "Have you ever been to the Festival of Life?"
"Nope. Can't say that I have."
Astien grinned excitedly. "It's a week long festival in Halstone. Each day is devoted to a different aspect of life. Like the day of children, the day of art, the day of love, family, et cetera. It all culminates with the day of death. There's music, games, food, dancing and singing, oh it's all so wonderful. I always try to attend it. But I'm not sure if I should go this year."
"We can try to go, if that's what you want," Cormac said. "But I think your little one will determine that mostly."
"Actually, the reason I'm hesitant is because of my colleagues. I know some of them attend the festival every year without fail, and I don't want them to see me this way because..." They won't accept that I'm carrying a creature they think is dangerous and told me to kill. But Astien couldn't say that. "I don't think they'll accept that I'm having a child out of wedlock." Astien placed a hand on his belly and rubbed it lovingly.
"It's not all that uncommon," Cormac said. "Well, at least where I'm from it's not."
"I know, but still. I don't want them to see me like this. It wouldn't do anyone any good. Still, I love the festival so much. I wish I could go. And you've never seen it, I wish I could show you. Everyone needs to attend the festival at least once in life."
"I'm sure we'll see it at some point if we don't make it this year." Cormac finished his soup and began cleaning.
Astien sighed. "I know there's always next year. It just doesn't feel right missing it. I go every year." Astien looked at Cormac and handed him his empty bowl. "Now, you'd better go and get the aluma, before the herbslist's closes."

(Sleepy time. I'll try to come back before work. If not, I'll be back on afterwards.)
Cormac nodded and took one of the horses into town once he finished cleaning. It was only a short while until he had returned with what Astien requested.
When Cormac returned, he found that Astien had changed himself into his sleepwear, and had fallen asleep.
Cormac put the root away with the others and settled into his bunk for the night.
Morning came quickly, an after breakfast, it was time for the group to set off. "Cormac, do you know how to drive the carriage?"
"No."